PDA

View Full Version : Well Do Not Miss This One!!!

Pages : [1] 2

Sadiki
March 21st, 2004, 11:17 PM
I still want to say this in own thread that in this year June 15 have gone exaclly 10 years when TLK relised... So don't miss that date!

once again Do not miss that date...

It was 15 June 1994 (don't count first previews count normal release date...

read this one carefuly: That is next summer...

:rolleyes: :Psst: :love: :browlift: :ayecapn: :cheese: :hugs: :knowdees:

kcnmttcnn
March 21st, 2004, 11:18 PM
ok, i won't miss it! ;)

unregistered user
March 21st, 2004, 11:26 PM
I wish I had seen TLK in theatres.

And than it was released in Imax but the Imax caught on fire and I only saw up to the elephant graveyard.
:(

Huma
March 22nd, 2004, 01:15 AM
Me too, I 've never seen in theatres, say nothing of Imax
:( :alone: :tears:

kcnmttcnn
March 22nd, 2004, 01:18 AM
I've seen it in theaters.
Not sure if it was the day it came out, since I was only 5 :thinks:

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 01:53 AM
hmmm......well, i've seen it........not the day it came out in theaters....(because i wasn't born then)but i saw it when the second time it came out in theatersI wish I had seen TLK in theatres.

And than it was released in Imax but the Imax caught on fire and I only saw up to the elephant graveyard.

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!?!?IMAX WAS ON FIRE?!!?!??!

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 01:53 AM
Imax caught on fire! :gasp: *glances around to see Scar walking away* :thinks: :p

Sorry to hear about that though EN :hugs:

kcnmttcnn
March 22nd, 2004, 02:01 AM
I hate leaving in a middle of a movie ~.~
It must suck....

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 02:07 AM
Two things you do not want to do if you're in a movie theatre with me.

1. Get in the way;
EX: When some really tall sits right in front of you :grrr:
EX: When people keep entering and exiting the theatre :grrr:

2. Make noise;
EX: Talking
EX: Cell phones
EX: Any other noticeable sound

The theatre is the one place that I get mad easily. :die:

kcnmttcnn
March 22nd, 2004, 02:10 AM
I was watching LotR in the theater 2 months ago and this woman sitting right next to me made comments for about every 10 minutes of the movie x_X"
And then she starts laughing at parts that made no sense to laugh at... I wanted to give her the :claw:...

Huma
March 22nd, 2004, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by Leo
Two things you do not want to do if you're in a movie theatre with me.

1. Get in the way;
EX: When some really tall sits right in front of you :grrr:
EX: When people keep entering and exiting the theatre :grrr:

2. Make noise;
EX: Talking
EX: Cell phones
EX: Any other noticeable sound

The theatre is the one place that I get mad easily. :die:

You'll get real mad if you're setting in the theatre with a room of children from 4-6 (what happened when my cosin push me to watch Harry Potter)

Sharifu
March 22nd, 2004, 04:51 AM
I saw the Lion King on June 18 1994. Yes I saw it three days after the first date it came out. I was 9, and I remember it very well! I remember sitting at the tables near where you buy popcorn, and there was this little girl near me with her mom. (The little girl looked like she was 4 or 5) Her mom asked me what I was going to see, and I said, "The Lion King." Then she said, "Oh, that's a good movie, we just saw that a couple days ago." I remember when seeing that movie for the first time, I was scared after the stampede, when Scar told the hyneas to kill Simba. After we saw it, that night, we went to Burger King for dinner because they had TLK toys. I also saw The Lion again in the theaters I think sometime in the fall of 1994. So I saw it twice in the theaters. And I also saw it once in IMAX theaters.

Wow EN, your IMAX theater caught on fire?! I hope you got your money back for your ticket!

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 04:54 AM
I can never enjoy any movie at home due to my thousands of siblings and guests we always have that always talk and get in the way. Maybe that's why Scar got rid of Mufasa. Kidding, kidding *hides back under his rock*

SimrickTheLiger
March 22nd, 2004, 05:14 AM
For me here at home Movie theaters are like any others...they are indeed very annoying. The people that are stupid and throw popcorn at people sitting below them that really makes me mad . X(

Sharifu
March 22nd, 2004, 05:56 AM
Originally posted by Kiara
hmmm......well, i've seen it........not the day it came out in theaters....(because i wasn't born then)

What do you mean you weren't born yet? You're 12 right? TLK is going to be 10 this June.

CW Tyger
March 22nd, 2004, 06:42 AM
I never saw TLK in the theatre. At the time, I didn't know better. ;) I did have the soundtrack for quite a long time, though. *Pyrrs* We saw Pokahontas in the theatre, though, despite my sister getting her thumb caught in the door, and instead of leaving and seeing a doctor about it, we watched the movie first, while she held her thumb in a cup of ice.

The most kids I remember there being in a theatre was when I went to see Spirit. Luckily, they didn't ruin the experience for me, they were mostly well behaved. In fact, it was the first time I ever cried in a theatre.

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 07:00 AM
Spirit... *refrains from commenting*

Ahem.. anyway.. I noticed you went June 18th. That's my B-day. I was turning eight.. I think :confused: *puts up his paws to count*

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 08:12 AM
This takes me back when I went to see the first harry potter movie...we had a mom and some kids who apparantly couldnt read...

She whispered all the dialog in swedish..it was a nightmare.

Sharifu
March 22nd, 2004, 08:12 AM
Aww, do you not like Spirit Leo?

SimbaLKD
March 22nd, 2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by Boosy
This takes me back when I went to see the first harry potter movie...we had a mom and some kids who apparantly couldnt read...

She whispered all the dialog in swedish..it was a nightmare.

Like when I went to see 'passion of christ' like 45 people were reading the subtitles to their kids --who shouldnt have been there in the first place-- :confused: oohh man you are right that is a nightmare:eek:

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 08:25 AM
Passion of the Christ, awesome movie. But everyone else was stone faced. I don't know how people can't cry when seeing that! I recommend that movie to everyone.

As for Spirit.. eh.. it is... 'okay'.

Sadiki
March 22nd, 2004, 08:29 AM
well I haven't seen TLK in theather and I really have to...

Btw I see LOTR Return of the King ing world premier 17.12.2003 00.03 a'clock

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 08:35 AM
Everyone is complaining about the violence and I havnt even seen it yet!

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
The only people complaining about it is the media. (would hit them with a certain object, but dares not start a chain reaction) *throws Pumbaa at the media* More effective too.. sorry again Pumbaa! :p

Ruska
March 22nd, 2004, 03:46 PM
I will probably miss that date...http://koti.mbnet.fi/foot/hysteric.JPG
Uh, sowweehhh...
~runs from rotten tomatoes

CW Tyger
March 22nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
There'll probably be more reminders closer to the date. ;)

Naline
March 22nd, 2004, 03:49 PM
I'd never even heard of that Passion of the Christ film, but by the trailers i just found it looks well worth a watch!!!!! =D

p.s. - The music sounds awesome too so i know i'll like it!!! :cheese:

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 03:53 PM
Wonder when it gets to sweden :)

Zala
March 22nd, 2004, 03:59 PM
Spirit was another great movie :P
I heard Passion of the Christ is very violent and gory.
;)

Naline
March 22nd, 2004, 04:25 PM
Hmmm, should be....errr....interesting then!!!!! I've gotta get round to seeing spirit sometime aswell!!!!

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 06:07 PM
Passion is gory, but believe me, everyone should at least see it once. I cried more during that movie then all my other favorite movies (of which I've cried while watching as well) put together.

Naline
March 22nd, 2004, 07:40 PM
How old is it?......i mean is it out in video shops yet or cinema or what???

Naline
March 22nd, 2004, 07:49 PM
Forget that, i just found out it's coming here 26th March (to cinema)!!! It's a shame im away then...:rolleyes:

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 08:11 PM
well i saw the Movie in the Theatre... 1 hell of a movie though it didnt made me cry, and the DVD stuff on the released DVD-R is awesome!

Naline
March 22nd, 2004, 08:36 PM
Aaaawww maaan, you're making me want to see it really badly now!!!! Grrr, i'll have to see it at the cinema when i get back methinks!!!!

unregistered user
March 22nd, 2004, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by R3CoR15
it didnt made me cry

:gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp::gasp:

SimbaLKD
March 23rd, 2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Naline
I'd never even heard of that Passion of the Christ film, but by the trailers i just found it looks well worth a watch!!!!! =D

p.s. - The music sounds awesome too so i know i'll like it!!! :cheese:

You serious?? lol.. the US media was covered with HUGE controversy about this flick! :eek: :grrr: it got a bit old.. just leave 'ol Gibson alone i say!!!

Best independent film i have yet to see!! :ayecapn:

SimrickTheLiger
March 23rd, 2004, 04:19 AM
I too must admit that I finally saw the movie and it didn't make me cry....

SimbaLKD
March 23rd, 2004, 04:23 AM
I cried... religious or not.. I dont like to see people in so much pain!! :(

Vidan
March 23rd, 2004, 04:23 AM
Originally posted by SimbaLKD
You serious?? lol.. the US media was covered with HUGE controversy about this flick! :eek: :grrr: it got a bit old.. just leave 'ol Gibson alone i say!!!

Best independent film i have yet to see!! :ayecapn:

I saw this last week, and, yes, it's violent & unrelenting, but I came away from it strangely unaffected. Much the same way I felt after walking out of Kill Bill Vol. 1. Something to the effect of, "Hmm, that was an interesting albeit violent movie. Not sure whether I needed to see it. But it made me 2 hours older! Wow!"

Although I agree with SimbaLKD, I do not like to see people suffering, but the movie gave us very little background information to form a platform for our sympathy. I felt like an outsider looking in. This movie will not make me a Christian, or a Jew, or a Roman torture squad member, for that matter. *checks off one more on list of "must-see" movies seen*

unregistered user
March 23rd, 2004, 04:59 AM
Hmm...Haven't seen 'Passion of The Christ', but on a similar note, I have seen 'Jesus Christ Superstar'. In fact, I just finished another viewing of it (those songs are REALLY catchy).

Now, to connect this to The Lion King (in an attempt to make it semi on topic): The lyrics for the songs in Jesus Christ Superstar were written by Tim Rice of TLK fame. He also wrote the play adaptation of it. And the director of the movie adaptation went to my high school.

...Maybe I should stop before I start rambling on.

Anyway, on the said aniversary date, I'll have to have a tribute viewing of TLK.

SimbaLKD
March 23rd, 2004, 05:00 AM
Now 'Dawn of the Dead' that was a funny bloody one! ;)

Vidan
March 23rd, 2004, 05:09 AM
Monty Python & The Holy Grail ... now there's a movie with plenty of religion/blood/humor! ;) :D

SimbaLKD
March 23rd, 2004, 05:13 AM
indeed!! ;) muhaaaahaaa

Ruska
March 23rd, 2004, 06:40 AM
Uhu...what are we talking about? :lol:

kcnmttcnn
March 23rd, 2004, 06:43 AM
Looks like the thread's drifted into talking about movies :lol:

Vidan
March 23rd, 2004, 06:45 AM
http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ericblack/Stick.gif June 15th. TLK becomes 10. Don't miss it.

There we go. The stick is firmly planted into the ground of the original topic. :lol:

unregistered user
March 23rd, 2004, 07:39 AM
*marks his calendar* Alright, gotcha ;) Will have to remember that.

Sidenote~ The Lion King is exactly seven years and 3 days younger than me. Does that mean I'm older than Rafiki? :lol: j/k

Sadiki
March 23rd, 2004, 09:00 AM
funny one leo... But could we still try to keep this thread clean as it possible because that information could be (is) imoprtant

nathalie
March 23rd, 2004, 09:57 AM
I think it was before june here ...

I saw it 3 times in cinema.

unregistered user
March 23rd, 2004, 10:50 AM
Aww, I only saw it 2 :/

or...maybe three not sure

Sadiki
March 23rd, 2004, 10:56 AM
*turn jelous* and how it could be before june? that was the first release date of TLK... if we don't count before premier show. I have found that information from many pages

nathalie
March 23rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Not every movie has the same releases in theaters.

For example, some movies are already in cinema in Holland, but not in Belgium.

I saw it 2 times in 1994 and once in 1995.

unregistered user
March 31st, 2004, 11:17 PM
have of this thread has been erased. there was 6 pages before. what happend to the other to pages?

Ngatuny
March 31st, 2004, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by snowwolf
have of this thread has been erased. there was 6 pages before. what happend to the other to pages?

Unfortunately the answer can be found in this thread.:(

http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=548

unregistered user
March 31st, 2004, 11:28 PM
thank you for the info.

Ngatuny
March 31st, 2004, 11:43 PM
No problem!

jazonhyena
April 1st, 2004, 05:35 AM
I saw the origional movie in theaters just once when I was, I think...8...or 7. I loved it. Blew me away. I don't....wait...should I start commenting on other stuff that's been said in the thread or are we trying to stick to the subject of the date? ^^;; otherwise I'll leave it alone.

Sidenote: For fun, I ought to mention-- I am one of those loveable blokes who chucks popcorn, candy, etc., laughs loudly and at inappropriate times, and shouts obscene things at the screen, but not because I'm not self-aware. I do it to tick theater patrons and soccer moms off =P hehe...what can I say? It's hyena nature. Can't be blamed :ayecapn:

Ngatuny
April 1st, 2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by jazonhyena
It's hyena nature. Can't be blamed :ayecapn:

Good one:lol::lol::lol:

jazonhyena
April 1st, 2004, 05:51 AM
*Bows deeply* Why thank you! *grin*

kcnmttcnn
April 1st, 2004, 05:52 AM
HAHAHAHA!!! :lol:!!!

Naline
April 1st, 2004, 02:31 PM
HAHA!!! Cheeky Hyena!!!! Get back to the Graveyard!!!! ;)

Ruska
April 1st, 2004, 03:44 PM
http://koti.mbnet.fi/foot/hysteric.JPG There.

Naline
April 1st, 2004, 04:23 PM
Where?

Ngatuny
April 1st, 2004, 04:26 PM
Where?

Where, what, who?:confused:

Ruska
April 1st, 2004, 04:36 PM
Where?

Over here!

unregistered user
April 1st, 2004, 07:32 PM
I won't miss it! I wish the big "D" would release some kind of DVD that has everything to do with the TLK back in '94. Trailers,apperances,"The Making of...",etc. That would be cool! :evilgrin:

unregistered user
April 1st, 2004, 08:19 PM
I remember seeing it in cinema as a cub... 10 years already? :confused:

Well, 75 days till the anniversary. Or 76. Depends how you count ;)

Trailers,apperances,"The Making of...",etc. That would be cool!

That would be cool, indeed! :D

Naline
April 1st, 2004, 09:31 PM
WOAH!!!!!!!! 76 days, that's just so soon!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

Over here!

Oh and Ruska.......if there's here, then where's there??

jazonhyena
April 1st, 2004, 09:39 PM

Somewhere...obviously! *retreats to the Graveyard as he is told...then sneaks back in*

Sadiki
April 1st, 2004, 10:15 PM
well it's little bit up to place where you live... when It's but only one day..

Argh did I say only... that gonna feel life time

kcnmttcnn
April 2nd, 2004, 12:52 AM
WOAH!!!!!!!! 76 days, that's just so soon!!!!!!

CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!!!!

If there is here... then wouldn't there be here?

Ngatuny
April 2nd, 2004, 02:05 AM
:confused: Now I'm really confused" :confused:

kcnmttcnn
April 2nd, 2004, 02:10 AM
Okee... this is how it is...
THERE = HERE
HERE = THERE
can't really... explain it :confused:

jazonhyena
April 2nd, 2004, 02:28 AM
I thought it was more like:

THERE = ELSEWHERE
WHERE? = NO
and
WHO = AT MY HOUSE

See? Quantum physics is fun AND easy! *ducks behind a rock to avoid getting stoned out of the pridelands*

unregistered user
April 2nd, 2004, 03:12 AM
*comes out from under the rock* Welcome to the rock. ;) :p ^^

kcnmttcnn
April 2nd, 2004, 03:16 AM
woah, that came out of nowhere ^^"

jazonhyena
April 2nd, 2004, 03:16 AM
Oh! Hi there. If this is the place to go when you continually humiliate yourself with the nonsense that seems to rush like a torrent from your mouth, I think I just found my home :ayecapn: *Sits down and makes himself comfy*

kcnmttcnn
April 2nd, 2004, 03:19 AM
Oh! Hi there. If this is the place to go when you continually humiliate yourself with the nonsense that seems to rush like a torrent from your mouth, I think I just found my home :ayecapn: *Sits down and makes himself comfy*

:lol::lol::lol:
You're a funny guy ;)

unregistered user
April 2nd, 2004, 03:26 AM
Yep, this is the place. ^^

Ngatuny
April 2nd, 2004, 03:30 AM
Welcome Home Jazonhyena:ayecapn:

jazonhyena
April 2nd, 2004, 03:49 AM
Well, I'm told home is where the heart is and I've got my little hyena heart set on being an idiot. So...^_^ yay.

Now that I've aided in the process of off-topic-ing this thread halfway to insanity...should we continue discussing dates? Or are we all done doing that?

kcnmttcnn
April 2nd, 2004, 03:53 AM
hmm... dunno
so do whatever ya want^^;;

jazonhyena
April 2nd, 2004, 04:36 AM
WhatEVER I want? *Grin* You have no idea what freedoms you just gave me. And freedom is the worst thing you can give an anarchist *Bigger grin as he begins to grafitti every rock, tree, and meerkat colony in the Pridelands*

SimbaLKD
April 2nd, 2004, 06:41 AM
Not sure if i re-welcomed you mate, but anyway Welcome Jazonhyena.. :confused:

Ruska
April 2nd, 2004, 01:46 PM

Over there. Duh. :rolleyes:

Naline
April 2nd, 2004, 02:58 PM
well if it's over there then it can't be here..............duh!

*Bigger grin as he begins to grafitti every rock, tree, and meerkat colony in the Pridelands*

And have fun graffiting you crazy hyenic anarchist!!!!!!

Just don't come near my home rock or there'll be trouble.....grrrr
:die: ;)

unregistered user
April 2nd, 2004, 03:22 PM
Originally posted by Ruska
Over there. Duh. :rolleyes:

"There" is relative :hmm:

*Organizes a meerkat evacuation before they are all eaten*

jazonhyena
April 2nd, 2004, 10:49 PM
Believe it or not, I'm meerkat-friendly *Grin* I feel sorry for the little buggers always runnin' around and freaking out, so I don't hurt 'em *finishes tagging pride rock "JAZ WAS HERE" and scuttles off*

Simba_2004
April 9th, 2004, 05:58 PM
Lion King turns 10 years old!: 2 Months and 6 Days
This is a re-post thanks to our lovely hacker-
I can't beleive it has almost been 10 years, I still remember seeing the Lion King back when I was a kid, I only saw it a couple of times in theaters and several times when it came out on vhs. My love for the movie faded though over time and was re-sparked by the release of The Lion King Special Edition. Ever since I saw the LK SE I have been meeting several new people of my age that love the movie as much as I do, which is kind of cool and I don't feel like I am the only one who loves the movie.

SimbaLKD
April 11th, 2004, 09:41 AM
Im hoping that enough of us form these boards can meet up in the summer on the date of the anaversery and get wasted in honor of TEN great years of TLK service!! :D

unregistered user
April 11th, 2004, 09:43 AM
We should all meet in Sweden ;)

Go to like Karlstad and have a blast..come on...you know you want to :E

SimbaLKD
April 11th, 2004, 09:45 AM
I do!! But England is the place homez!! ;)

unregistered user
April 11th, 2004, 09:46 AM
Yeah..but../whispers..they dont have any seats on theyre bikes!

SimbaLKD
April 11th, 2004, 09:47 AM
:lol: and they have fishfingers!!! LOL .... Its fishsticks man.... and at least they do right and use MPH/feet ;)

unregistered user
April 11th, 2004, 09:52 AM
KM/H all the way!

And we have fishsticks, not fishfingers as the UK mwuahahaha

SimbaLKD
April 11th, 2004, 09:53 AM
at least we agree on one thing buddy... Should start a poll to see how many countries use fishfingers vs. fishsticks :D

unregistered user
April 11th, 2004, 09:55 AM
Yes..I wonder how long it will be...

1 centimeter?

SimbaLKD
April 11th, 2004, 09:57 AM
Its Inch!!! lol... to tell you the truth I would much rather use the Metric system as opposed to the English system, the metric just makes more sense and works much easier.. but there are those here who say that the metric system is to complicted for them to learn.. :lol: lol thats so stupid....

Simrick
April 11th, 2004, 10:00 AM
I agree SimbaLKD :cheese:

unregistered user
April 11th, 2004, 10:01 AM
Hehe..thats the way to go!

Sadiki
April 11th, 2004, 11:11 AM
well long as you not miss that day... everything is fine... but If you do...
i'm not wanna tell you and I'm sure you don't want to know eather ;)

Vidan
April 11th, 2004, 11:13 AM
Okay guys. Fish have *neither* fingers *nor* sticks :rolleyes: ... so, either side of the Atlantic, you lose :lol: ;)

unregistered user
April 11th, 2004, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Boos
We should all meet in Sweden ;)

Close enough. I just have to find a way to cross the Baltic Sea :thinks:

*Considers building a lion shaped raft*

Sadiki
April 11th, 2004, 12:02 PM
Well I can almoust jump to sweden... Or I can if I go northpart of Finland

Ruska
April 11th, 2004, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
Well I can almoust jump to sweden... Or I can if I go northpart of Finland

Well in that case I'll just come with you. ;)

Sadiki
April 11th, 2004, 12:30 PM
let's jump over the line ;)
nah I think 300 Km is too far to jump... but maybe I can jump that island middle Finland and Sweden (not sure what it call but in finnish it is Ahvenanmaa )

Vidan
April 11th, 2004, 12:45 PM
but there are those here who say that the metric system is to complicted for them to learn.. :lol: lol thats so stupid....

Yeah ... 4 quarts to a gallon and 16 oz to a pint ....?

Well, makes some sort of sense if you think in binary ;)

Naline
April 11th, 2004, 04:00 PM
Well, metric loving american and swede, you'll be glad to know that we actually use both, metric is current EU regulation as i understand it so it's being implemented as we speak, which means we get the best of both worlds!!!! =D

As for fishfingers what can i say, you're a writer LKD, have a bit of imagination ;) Anyway, we'll have plenty of time to debate it soooon enough!!! :cheese:

Meeting in Sweden!!! :wow: How IN....SANE would that be!!!!!! :cheese:

Ruska
April 11th, 2004, 04:11 PM
And when's Finland? :evilgrin:

A-non-a-mus
April 11th, 2004, 04:27 PM
Well, metric loving american and swede, you'll be glad to know that we actually use both, metric is current EU regulation as i understand it so it's being implemented as we speak, which means we get the best of both worlds!!!! =D

I understand both too, I had to pass an exam in both while taking engineering back in high school...I'd say they're both easy to understand:evilgrin: :lol:

Ngatuny
April 11th, 2004, 04:44 PM
I understand and use both, but metric is much easier, all you need is to know how to count to 10 and that is it.

Sadiki
April 11th, 2004, 04:51 PM
I can use miles or kilometrs but not feets... because I'm not sure how many cm is one ft it's less then 50 but more then 40

jazonhyena
April 11th, 2004, 07:09 PM
I don't think it's learning either one that's hard; I know both systems enough to have some vague idea of what's going on. It's the conversions that suck. That's why we don't just switch to universally all-metric or all-english, ya know? It'd be like...a cultural overhaul. Those things take years. And then it'd get all political, too. Don't forget the staunch old people who form societies and organizations devoted to keeping the old system.

Think we'll ever establish whether "color" or "colour" is more correct? Howbout "realise" or "realize"? Depends whether you're in the UK or not. All I know is, as much as I like Britain, I'll never be completely at home in a place that recognizes fries as chips. *grabs his nearest English buddy and shakes him by the shoulders* It's the round ones that are chips! You can't have it both ways-- the ROUND ones I tell you!! *goes mad and convulses on the floor*

unregistered user
April 12th, 2004, 07:51 AM
*reads8 Okay.. I caught up here and I agree 100% with Jazon http://www.angelfire.com/film/adammi/13.jpg

Naline
April 17th, 2004, 03:01 PM
I'll never be completely at home in a place that recognizes fries as chips.

Uhoh!!! Looks like another 'fishfingers/fishsticks' debate!!!! Mwahaha!!!!

And, at the end of the day!!! We were here first so ner ner ner ner ner!!!! ;) jk

SimbaLKD
April 19th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Uhoh!!! Looks like another 'fishfingers/fishsticks' debate!!!! Mwahaha!!!!

And, at the end of the day!!! We were here first so ner ner ner ner ner!!!! ;) jk

:lol: speaking of that.. when you get out here I have something so funny relating to FISHSTICKS and TLK doood!!! :lol: when I show you, you can be the one to expalin it here... ;)

unregistered user
April 19th, 2004, 06:33 PM

My imaginary friend says you all have serious mental disorders :eww:

jazonhyena
April 20th, 2004, 03:23 AM
Shusky, don't listen to him. I saw him the other day and he was wearing a LLAMA on his HEAD.

He said it gave him magic cheese powers, and he let me have some if I would keep quie-- umm....

...I said nothing. *points around accusingly* YOU ALL HEARD NOTHING!! *eats a chip and leaves*

*a round one*

unregistered user
April 21st, 2004, 02:47 AM
ROTFL!!!!!!!! You all are great! :lol: Anyway, if we all wanted to meet, where would it be? :confused:

Endra
April 21st, 2004, 02:55 AM
Originally posted by Enishi
ROTFL!!!!!!!! You all are great! :lol: Anyway, if we all wanted to meet, where would it be? :confused:

In my living room, on AIM or MSN!

DerekNitroRC
June 5th, 2004, 10:16 PM
Only 10 more days until The Lion King turns one decade old
:cheese: :ayecapn: :evilgrin: :browlift:

unregistered user
June 5th, 2004, 10:18 PM
Yeah! Go TLK! http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/3.jpg

kcnmttcnn
June 5th, 2004, 10:31 PM
Wooooohhhhhhoooooooooo!!!!!!!!! :hakuna:

unregistered user
June 5th, 2004, 11:35 PM
W00t W00t W00t W00t!
WHAT! OK! WHAT OK!
The clock'0'is ticking.
:cool:http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/3.jpg

unregistered user
June 6th, 2004, 01:02 AM
hehe Benzai used a Nuka smiley! :hugs:

SimbaLKD
June 6th, 2004, 03:26 AM
10 days wahooo!!!! *throws confetti!*:idiot:

Ngatuny
June 6th, 2004, 05:37 AM
9 More days!!!!:evilgrin:

unregistered user
June 6th, 2004, 06:13 AM
W00t W00t...
*throws spaghetti!*
:cool:http://img41.photobucket.com/albums/v125/Xenti/3.jpg

DerekNitroRC
June 6th, 2004, 06:15 AM
only 9 more days and 21 hours and 46 minutes now *throws some more confetti*

Nephilim
June 6th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Eight days, thirteen hours and fifty-three minutes...

SimbaLKD
June 6th, 2004, 04:34 PM
*throws some more spaghetti*

Its a spaghetti and confetti party.. wheres An_T? :confused:

unregistered user
June 6th, 2004, 10:03 PM
*throws some more spaghetti*

Its a spaghetti and confetti party.. wheres An_T? :confused:

Rut-Ro!
*look's in spaghetti sauce*
:eek::evilgrin:

starlioness
June 6th, 2004, 10:41 PM
so I guess you guys are thinking abolut the limited release of TLK , not the wide one of the 24th eh? ;) . oh well, party on! ;):evilgrin:

Naline
June 6th, 2004, 11:05 PM
YEAH PAAARTY!!!!!!

15th.....24th......aaaahh, any excuse for a TLK party will do!!!! hehe

TakaTiger
June 6th, 2004, 11:58 PM
woo!

unregistered user
June 7th, 2004, 12:22 AM
YEAH PAAARTY!!!!!!

15th.....24th......aaaahh, any excuse for a TLK party will do!!!! hehe

You know-it!!!
:ayecapn::D:cheese::cool::slimey:

ChancellorScar
June 7th, 2004, 05:01 PM
Well, what are we all gonna do to celebrate?

SimbaLKD
June 7th, 2004, 08:00 PM
may i refer you to
Something for TLK (http://leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=832&highlight=june+15th)
:ayecapn:

Mabatu
June 8th, 2004, 08:08 AM
TLK being 10 makes me feel so old. It's really quite depressing. Don't get me wrong, i don't mean being 17 is old, but that a decade of my life has gone so fast. I remember i used to watch TLK a lot...but then again i watched all disney movies a lot.

It makes me sad too that the original broadway show opened in 1997, which is 7 years ago!! So now the original Simba is sadly departed and young Simba would now be 20...wow, time just disappears.

i've only recently discovered how great TLKoB recording is, so its kinda new for me, and yet it's something so old. :alone:

The Sydney Olympics seems such a short time ago for me, and yet its 4 years ago. I guess my point is I hope i get to do all the things i want to do in my life before its too late. because really, in my life, i have so far not made an impact on the world. I don't want to grow up and provide the world with no reason to remember me.

Oh. Sorry about that ramble there. that kinda just came outta nowhere. Hehe, its good to be back on Lea Halalela!

Hooray for TLK!! :D

Vidan
June 9th, 2004, 02:05 AM
Life certainly does pass by quickly. Make the most of it.

15th or 24th? Why bother picking one? Week-long ___* fest!

* Your vice or pastime of choice goes here.

Simrick
June 9th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah Life does go by fast.....I can still remember the day TLK came out. It was so cool ^^

Sharifu
June 9th, 2004, 05:03 AM
I too remember the day I was saw The Lion King in the theaters. Wow. Time does go by so fast I can't believe it.

King Simba
June 9th, 2004, 05:32 AM
:emo:
*remembers seeing it in theaters*

its an emotional moment for me... i was only... 4 when i first saw it, and it was the first movie i ever saw in theaters, and i STILL love it :D

i remember (parts) vividly... [*sings*oh i just can't wait to be king!*sings*] :irule:

i should disrupt my monthly rituals to coincide with this amazing event... :hehe:

unregistered user
June 9th, 2004, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by King Simba
i remember (parts) vividly... [*sings*oh i just can't wait to be king!*sings*] :irule:

Sing-it W00t W00t!!!
:cool::slimey:;)

SimbaLKD
June 9th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu
TLK being 10 makes me feel so old.

:eek:
Good point... NOO!!! I can't get old.. *grrrr*

starlioness
June 9th, 2004, 10:53 PM
seems only yesterday I was 16... *le sigh*

Sharifu
June 10th, 2004, 03:42 AM
Any TLK artists making a TLK 10th Anniversary pic? I'm making one now, but it might be a few days before I'm done. (With coloring and everything) Check out the pics already made, some of them are pretty nice. http://fanart.lionking.org/special.cgi?2+hi++100+

Shatara
June 10th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Ten years ago today...I thought Lion King was gonna suck.

Boy did I get a surprise ;)

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Timali/Tlk10years.jpg
That's Ahsome!
Vitani's in it!! I'm happy.

Khaki
June 10th, 2004, 04:33 AM
Wow... Ten years ago I was five, and I still remember going to the theatre to see the movie! Then for about 6 years after that I was crawling around on all fours convincing myself I could physically become a lion if I tried hard enough :lol: And hey, Its still one of my favorite movies!! I only wish I could go see the live production in New York :diva: Lets hear it for ten years of TLK!!! :wow::D

unregistered user
June 10th, 2004, 10:40 AM
may i refer you to
Something for TLK (http://leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=832&highlight=june+15th)
:ayecapn:

W00t W00t...
:ayecapn::D

SimbaLKD
June 10th, 2004, 12:19 PM
You know it!... (you will have to forgive me.. I'm lost in the UK in an internet cafe trying to keep up with you guys on Lea-Halalela and I have hade a LONG and Expensive visit to the pub before I came here!!... This will all be news to me later cause im not reallly in tyhe right state of mind to remember this ;) and to those back in CA who read my post often (SHAUN and ISSAC and maybe Kevin) I';m havibng the time of my life in the UK!! ;))

I spent the whole post with that bit... aw-well! ;)

kcnmttcnn
June 10th, 2004, 04:04 PM
woah... sounds... fun.
;)

unregistered user
June 10th, 2004, 04:32 PM
TLK 10 years, wee! *runs around throwing confetti and spaghetti*

unregistered user
June 14th, 2004, 08:13 AM
Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!
*runs around throwing confetti and spaghetti*
hey,this is fun XD.

SimbaLKD
June 14th, 2004, 01:39 PM
TOMORROW!!!! Just one day.. a few hours for some of us... I can't... *weeeeeeeeeee* I can't wait!!!

*cheers* everyone!!
enjoy yourselves as much as you can on the day 'for TLK'!! Its only going to happen one time you know!!

unregistered user
June 14th, 2004, 01:57 PM
And we will see London...at the same time!!!!!!

unregistered user
June 14th, 2004, 02:23 PM
I can throw more confetti than y'all put together! *begins throwing confetti*

unregistered user
June 14th, 2004, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by another_tomato
I can throw more confetti than y'all put together! *begins throwing confetti*

GO MAN GO GO MAN GO!!!
*weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
:ayecapn::D:cheese:

Kovu
June 14th, 2004, 03:15 PM
54 minutes, 27 seconds to go!
YEEEEHAW~!
:kovusmile

Sadiki
June 14th, 2004, 03:18 PM
7 hours 42 mins Englands time... That gonna be blast!

Nephilim
June 14th, 2004, 03:52 PM
Hell yeah, I get last period off school tomorrow, it's my last proper day before study leave. I'l assume it's because of TLK. :D

unregistered user
June 14th, 2004, 07:20 PM
2 hours and 40 minuttes left here in norway now :cheese:

kcnmttcnn
June 14th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Still 11hrs 34mins 36secs left over here in Cali.
:wicked:

Nephilim
June 14th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Three hours fourty-two here.

Ngatuny
June 14th, 2004, 10:45 PM
Still got to wait 6 hours and 16 minuters for me on Central US time!

unregistered user
June 14th, 2004, 10:46 PM
the clock is 00:45 am and The Lion King is 10 years over here now:cheese: , *runs aroud trowing more confetti and spaghetti* wohoo! :p

unregistered user
June 14th, 2004, 11:04 PM
btw, just saw that The Lion King 2: Simba's Pride: Collector's Edition and The Lion King Trilogy are comming out 28-06-2004 i'll preorder them right now to celebrate :D . i was going to buy a adult Simba plushie from some disney online store to but they sent me a mail saying somthing about that they where only licensed to sell to countries within the EU:(

Shatara
June 14th, 2004, 11:05 PM
w00t!!

*throws a couple M42A2 Confetti Grenades*

*sings Happy Birthaday*
http://img38.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Shatara/bumms/testify.jpg

unregistered user
June 15th, 2004, 03:47 AM
*weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
Hooray W00t W00t XD.

unregistered user
June 15th, 2004, 04:01 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY THE LION KING!!! :cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese::cheese:

Ngatuny
June 15th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Happy premier day to "The Lion King":hugs::cool:

Kovu
June 15th, 2004, 05:34 AM
Happy 10TH The Lion King!!!
"YEEHAW~!!!" ~Kovu,SP
http://img69.photobucket.com/albums/v210/KovuLKD/Smilie14.jpg :) :wow: :hakuna: :hugs:

Akili
June 15th, 2004, 05:50 AM
ding ding ding
*Weeeeeeeee*

http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ericblack/LIONKING10th.jpg

Mabatu
June 15th, 2004, 05:57 AM
Happy 10th Birthday to the all time greatest, most powerful movie of all time:

THE LION KING.

TLK has made my life, since February (when i rediscovered TLK) infinitely better! And in these 10 short years that have passed, I have never forgotten just how great TLK truly is, and never will forget. :browlift:

If this isn't reason to celebrate, then there never will be any reason!

:love::cheese::D::knowdees::wow::wicked:

*goes all reminiscent and generally happy*

=)

Sharifu
June 15th, 2004, 06:36 AM
I drew a picture to celebrate The Lion King's 10th Anniversary (http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Sharifu/10.jpg)
Ugh, but the way I colored the sky... :yuck: :woeisme:
Eh, at least Simba looks ok...

Simba_TLK
June 15th, 2004, 06:40 AM
looking good =)

and Happy 10th Birthday TLK! :hakuna:
:) :D :cheese: :kovusmile :-) =D :browlift:

Akili
June 15th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Very nice indeed. What a great way to celebrate ... doing what you love :)

Sharifu
June 15th, 2004, 06:44 AM
Yes! Happy 10th Birthday to the wonderful movie we all love so much! *Remembers the first day she saw TLK, 10 years ago* :cheese:

Sharifu
June 15th, 2004, 06:47 AM
Originally posted by Akili
Very nice indeed. What a great way to celebrate ... doing what you love :)

Thanks guys! A lot of artists have made something to celebrate this great event! Take a look! http://fanart.lionking.org/special.cgi?2+hi++100+ There are some music videos there too they are awesome. :D

kcnmttcnn
June 15th, 2004, 07:00 AM
HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY TO THE LION KING!!!!!
:cheese:!!!!!!!
Time's finally 00:00:00 over here!!!
W0O00OHO0O0O0O0OO00O00O!!!!!!!!!

Simba_2004
June 15th, 2004, 07:13 AM
HEY THIS THREAD STAYED ALIVE, YES YES YES HAPPY 10TH LION KING, YYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GO TLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws the rest of the confetti left in the world up into the sky*

Simba_TLK
June 15th, 2004, 07:17 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Thanks guys! A lot of artists have made something to celebrate this great event! Take a look! http://fanart.lionking.org/special.cgi?2+hi++100+ There are some music videos there too they are awesome. :D

all fantastic art work :D

just wondering, with this video:
http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Zazu/Zazu.WMV

what is the song in the background? i hear it all the time and i never know what it is...:confused:

Sharifu
June 15th, 2004, 07:20 AM
I love that song, I think it's by an old band, Toto, or something like that, my mom would know, I'll ask her. I know it's an 80's song though.

Garfield
June 15th, 2004, 07:41 AM
yeah it is =P I like the song. I just can't remember the name of it =P heh

Garfield
June 15th, 2004, 07:44 AM
Its called Africa *has CD with song on it =P *
EDIT : Oh yeah I almost forgot! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TLK =D =D =D =D

kcnmttcnn
June 15th, 2004, 07:44 AM
want to say....
WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY TO THE LION KING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
... before i go to bed.

Garfield
June 15th, 2004, 07:45 AM
I love that song, I think it's by an old band, Toto, or something like that, my mom would know, I'll ask her. I know it's an 80's song though.
yep and its sang by Toto =P

Sharifu
June 15th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Cool! You have the CD of it?! My mom had a tape, now it's with my mom somewhere, and I don't live with my mom anymore. The only way I listen to it is through that music video. That song always made me think about TLK . ;)

Simba_2004
June 15th, 2004, 08:10 AM
AGAIN THIS ONLY COMES ONCE SOOOO WWWWWWWWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO FOR TLK'S TENTH, ONE DECADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starlioness
June 15th, 2004, 09:22 AM
ah , o.k .. I guess we can use the 15th too ;)

I promised myself I wouldn't cry...*sobs*:tears: :emo:

unregistered user
June 15th, 2004, 03:58 PM
*Steps in from the shadows*

Happy birthday TLK!!! This deserves a 7 smiley salute! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Prince Simba
June 15th, 2004, 05:40 PM
HAPPY 10TH, LION KING!!!!!! YOU RULE!

:D=):browlift::)=D:cheese::ayecapn:

Ruska
June 15th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Whuppee. :evilgrin:

Prince Simba
June 15th, 2004, 11:12 PM

TLK has made my life, since February (when i rediscovered TLK) infinitely better! And in these 10 short years that have passed, I have never forgotten just how great TLK truly is, and never will forget. :browlift:

ok Mabatu... this is really wierd... but you must be my identical twin... who is older than me :confused:

when i was a little kid, i loved TLK (of course)... but then, i forgot about it :badnews:
then, last February, i watched the SE on like... HBO or something and then i like... became obsessed with it again...

what a coincidence :o... or something

:lol:

Sharifu
June 16th, 2004, 12:05 AM
I'm surprised that a lot of fans forgot about TLK some time between these past 10 years. I've never forgotten it!

kcnmttcnn
June 16th, 2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Simba_TLK
all fantastic art work :D

just wondering, with this video:
http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Zazu/Zazu.WMV

what is the song in the background? i hear it all the time and i never know what it is...:confused:

I heard that song on the radio station 98.3 EMOTION in GTA: Vice City. :gasp:
Happy 10th to TLK again for the last and 3rd time! :)

Simba_TLK
June 16th, 2004, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by kcnmttcnn
I heard that song on the radio station 98.3 EMOTION in GTA: Vice City. :gasp:

yeah i heard it there too :p
but i never pay attention to the music, because you are usually concentrating on other things in that game :lol:

unregistered user
June 16th, 2004, 01:10 AM
I know what song it is, and i have it! It's: Toto - Africa , it's a really nice song and i love it! ;)

I'm surprised that a lot of fans forgot about TLK some time between these past 10 years. I've never forgotten it!

unfortunately i forgot about it too:(, but then i rediscoverd it again when the dvd came out in oktober, i saw the dvd in a store in my city and i was hooked, bought it right away and saw it when i got home. :love:
I'm glad i found TLK again.

unregistered user
June 16th, 2004, 03:47 AM
*weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee e*

Now,that was FUN! Muahahaha...@.@!!!

Simba_2004
June 16th, 2004, 03:56 AM
AWWWWWWWWW CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!! ONLY 4 MORE MINUTES REMAINING. well here goes nothing becuase you only get to do this once ( at least not again until the 24th ;) ) WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEE HHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWW WWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!! Happy 10th TLK, its been a long time, such a great movie...still touching people's lives today!

Garfield
June 16th, 2004, 05:17 AM
I still got a little less than 2 hours left =P

Mabatu
June 16th, 2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
ok Mabatu... this is really wierd... but you must be my identical twin... who is older than me :confused:

when i was a little kid, i loved TLK (of course)... but then, i forgot about it :badnews:
then, last February, i watched the SE on like... HBO or something and then i like... became obsessed with it again...

what a coincidence :o... or something

:lol:

:lol: I would be honored to have a brother who is as obsessed with TLK as i am!!

But from what i have seen, lots of fans had a 'lion king lapse' in their lives - it seems to be pretty common.

:hmm: i wonder why that is? Maybe the themes of the movie sit in our heads for 10 years and then explode one day, making us completely obsessed with the movie.

"Then again, maybe not" ~(candle dude out of beauty and the beast, foreget his name...not wait it's LUMIERE!!)

Prince Simba
June 16th, 2004, 06:56 AM
:lol: I would be honored to have a brother who is as obsessed with TLK as i am!!

But from what i have seen, lots of fans had a 'lion king lapse' in their lives - it seems to be pretty common.

:hmm: i wonder why that is? Maybe the themes of the movie sit in our heads for 10 years and then explode one day, making us completely obsessed with the movie.

"Then again, maybe not" ~(candle dude out of beauty and the beast, foreget his name...not wait it's LUMIERE!!)

:lol: thats great... its nice to actually know that there are people who are as obsessed as me!!! :D

anyways.... it sucks... only 4 or 5 more minutes of TLK's big day... =(
i just finished watching TLK for the... 3rd time today... ;) it was great... but now i have to get SE on DVD instead of the original VHS... :( because then i can watch it on my computer, have it run in the background while im on Lea! =D:D:cheese:

kcnmttcnn
June 16th, 2004, 06:59 AM
*stares at second hand on the clock* 11:59:59.... a final...
HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY TO THE LION KING!!!!!!!!! WO00OO0O0Oo0oo0HHH0O0Oo0oo0OO00O0Oo0!!!!!!
:D:cheese::wicked::love::huh:;):slimey: :kovusmile:hakuna:

Akili
June 16th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Sadly the time has passed in the West Coast of the USA as well :( But the party continues all week, until the 24th! Woo-hoo! :D

Mabatu
June 16th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Well, TLK's day ended here 17 hours ago :(

But it will have it's moment again on the 24th! :cheese:

And I like the colorful text kcn! :D

Prince Simba
June 16th, 2004, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Akili
Sadly the time has passed in the West Coast of the USA as well :( But the party continues all week, until the 24th! Woo-hoo! :D

eh... im not on the west coast, but here in arizona, we don't have DST... so the big day is over :emo:

kcnmttcnn
June 16th, 2004, 07:10 AM
And I like the colorful text kcn! :D

Thanks! Took me a while to enter all that ;)
Hope I didn't blind anyone with it! :lol:

Mabatu
June 16th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Whoa i just did the quote thingo to see how much formatting it took to get all those colors...:gasp:

That would have taken me ages to do! I'm proud of you for putting the effort into giving TLK special recognition with lots of colours! ;)

starlioness
June 16th, 2004, 07:31 AM
24th nothing, we can party again this fall, since TLK got re-relased then too ;_

starlioness
June 16th, 2004, 07:39 AM
adding to Kcn's Smiley parade : :rawr: :curious: :fini: :wow:

Prince Simba
June 16th, 2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by starlioness
24th nothing, we can party again this fall, since TLK got re-relased then too ;_

we should just have a TLK party every day... and an even bigger one every year on the 15th of June... hehe :D=D:)=)

unregistered user
June 20th, 2004, 12:35 AM
Ahh maaan!!! I missed the party! Oh well...the REAL birthday of TLK is on the 24th, the day before my birthday! So let's countdown to the 24th everybody! Only 5 days left!!!!!!! :D :cheese: And only 6 days until my B-day and the movie "Two Brothers"!!! MAN!...This is going to be a sweet week y'all!!!! :cool:

Simba_2004
June 20th, 2004, 04:53 AM
only 4 more days, muwahahahaha! Two Brothers is going to rule and your b-day is the same day as Two Brothers Enishi? thats awesome!

unregistered user
June 21st, 2004, 09:30 AM
*weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*

Simba_TLK
June 24th, 2004, 02:23 AM
well it is the 24th right now :D :cheese:
so im going to celebrate now :hakuna:

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY TLK!

unregistered user
June 24th, 2004, 03:27 AM
Happy 10th The Lion King!! *trowing the rest of the confetti in the air* wohoo!!

unregistered user
June 24th, 2004, 03:32 AM
Happy 10th The Lion King!!!
*weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee*
:cool::cool::cool:

Simba_2004
June 24th, 2004, 04:12 AM
ummm....HAPPY 10TH TLK AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO HOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *throws remaining confetti in the air*

Garfield
June 24th, 2004, 04:52 AM
HAppY TENTH TLK!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheese: :) =) :D =D :evilgrin: :browlift: :ayecapn: abusing the smilies : why yes I am

Prince Simba
June 24th, 2004, 05:28 AM
^^ abusing the smilies??? unfortuantely, i dont abuse the smilies... i overabuse them...

:evilgrin: :D :browlift: :cheese: =D :ayecapn: :jejeje:

smilie abusing? its who i am... hehe

oh yeah, happy 10th TLK!!! ... again ...

kcnmttcnn
June 24th, 2004, 07:00 AM
*stares at clock again* This is the last time I'm ever gonna get to say this... :(
http://tlklaserdisc.lionkingdomain.com/happy10tlk-small.png

Simba_TLK
June 24th, 2004, 07:16 AM
now that is a very nice use of the smilies :cheese: :lol:
good work :D

Mabatu
June 24th, 2004, 03:09 PM
"Now that mate, is art!" ~some old ad off TV

That is a great picture kcn!!

I feel really bad, i didn't get to say

HAPPY 10TH BIRTHDAY TLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111!!!!!!11!!!

On the 24th :(

school all day, then work is very distracting from things that are more important, like TLK birthday.

But it's the thought that counts! so again:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLK!!!!

Prince Simba
June 24th, 2004, 05:20 PM
*stares at clock again* This is the last time I'm ever gonna get to say this... :(
http://tlklaserdisc.lionkingdomain.com/happy10tlk-small.png

if that is anything, that is art. i love it.

kcnmttcnn
June 24th, 2004, 05:36 PM
mmm.... it's not really art. It's just me grabbing a bunch of smilies and sticking them together ;)

Ngatuny
June 24th, 2004, 05:45 PM
mmm.... it's not really art. It's just me grabbing a bunch of smilies and sticking them together ;)

Anyway it was great!!!

Hooray for The Lion King's 10th Annyversary!:kiss::licks:

Long Live the King of Animated Movies!!! :irule:

Princess Nala
June 24th, 2004, 06:27 PM
Everyone say happy birthday, cuz our favorite movie is ten years old today! :D:cheese:

kcnmttcnn
June 24th, 2004, 06:32 PM
I've said it a bunch of times over here ;)
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=906
I'll say it again anyways xD... HAPPY 10TH TO TLK!!!!!!!!!!!

King Simba
June 24th, 2004, 06:33 PM
I can remember when I went to see it at the Cinema when it first came out. I was only 4 then. :browlift:

Anyways congrats to TLK on being a DECADE old! :D:cheese:

unregistered user
June 24th, 2004, 06:42 PM
"That was today? Oh I feel simply awful! Must have slipped my mind." :evilgrin:
Happy birthday TLK! :D

Ngatuny
June 24th, 2004, 06:49 PM
Happy 10th anniversary Lion King!:D:cheese:

TeeKay
June 24th, 2004, 06:59 PM
WOO HOO!! :wow:

Happy 10th birthday (again) TLK!! =D

unregistered user
June 24th, 2004, 07:24 PM
Happy birthday!!!!! again :D

Well its worth saying it twice innit :D

So

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLK!!!

TeeKay
June 24th, 2004, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Boos
Well its worth saying it twice innit :D

Best thing is we gat to say it again in a few months, for the UK release of the film ;)=D hehe

Prince Simba
June 24th, 2004, 07:38 PM

be quiet you

Edit: anything Lion King is art

unregistered user
June 24th, 2004, 08:00 PM
You can't silence the artist.. ere.. wait he said it wasn't art.. uh.. you can't silence the creator.. wait.. that's God.. um.. hmm.. you can't silence that person with no title =P

unregistered user
June 24th, 2004, 08:02 PM
"Any story worth telling is worth telling twice." ~Rafiki, TLK 1.5

HAPPY B-DAY AGAIN TLK!

unregistered user
June 24th, 2004, 08:56 PM
Happy 10th Birthday TLK!!! :cheese: =D :D :) =)

Ngatuny
June 24th, 2004, 09:01 PM
You mean the bored guy!:evilgrin:

unregistered user
June 24th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Ah, he has a title after all! Muahahahaha!

Ghamu
June 24th, 2004, 09:52 PM
24th, huh? Wow, that leaves me with almost... 3 minutes to do something special for this anniversary.

CW Tyger
June 24th, 2004, 10:40 PM
It is time.... :hmm:

Happy 10th, TLK! ^^

Sharifu
June 24th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Happy Birthday TLK!!! :cheese: In 3 more days will be 10 years since I first saw TLK!!! Yay!

This is off-topic, but Boos, I really like your banner! Very powerful and emotional... Did you make it?

Simba_2004
June 24th, 2004, 11:39 PM
OMG KCN, dude you have way tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooo much time on your hands, but that thing is awesome...heh talking about abusing the smilies, damn...anyways this is the last time i'll say this but HAPPY 10TH TLK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kcnmttcnn
June 25th, 2004, 12:03 AM
This is off-topic, but Boos, I really like your banner! Very powerful and emtional... Did you make it?

*points at Simba '04* :bleen:

CW Tyger
June 25th, 2004, 12:04 AM
Heh, and all I did was incorporate TLK song titles into a post at a Star Trek RP, and post song lyrics in my LJ. You, KCN, officially rule.

Simba_2004
June 25th, 2004, 12:08 AM
*blushes* tis was thy who made it:cheese:

Boos told me to use the stampede scene and stuff so i put it in the background and blurred it out then used Mufasa and Simba together cutting out the background putting it as layer 1 and then cut scar out of another screenshot making him layer 2 and the stampede is layer 3...right now i'm working on Nuka's new banner, Only_Now's new avatar and banner and then one other persons banner...and currently Only_Now is using the avatar i made him, Boos is using the banner i made him, and Ngatuny is using the banner i made him....so i feel special=D

kcnmttcnn
June 25th, 2004, 12:28 AM
What I learned from making that:
1) Takes a long time to make than it looks. Expected time to finish: 30 minutes. Start Time 6PM - Finish Time 10:40PM. (either i'm slow or i'm just messed up...)
2) Too many layers will crash Photoshop easily. (screw you photoshop)
3) Save your work often before it crashes your computer. (screw you again)
4) Don't click "Zoom" to fast when there's a bunch of layers used. Will freeze up the computer. (and again)
5) Not all smilies are in perfect squares. Some are wider than others. (.............)
6) Sketch and plan ahead first. *points at letter "N"* (too wide...)

There's my advice for whoever is gonna try that someday. :moon:

(HAPPY 10TH TO THE LION KING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!)