PDA

View Full Version : Well Do Not Miss This One!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

Sharifu
June 25th, 2004, 12:53 AM
You did a wonderful job. :-)

Simba_TLK
June 25th, 2004, 02:06 AM
Ok, im a bit late for this thread :p, by 12hrs by my time now :lol:

but who cares :D :cheese:

HAPPY 10th BIRTHDAY TLK!

Simba_2004
June 25th, 2004, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by kcnmttcnn
What I learned from making that:
1) Takes a long time to make than it looks. Expected time to finish: 30 minutes. Start Time 6PM - Finish Time 10:40PM. (either i'm slow or i'm just messed up...)
2) Too many layers will crash Photoshop easily. (screw you photoshop)
3) Save your work often before it crashes your computer. (screw you again)
4) Don't click "Zoom" to fast when there's a bunch of layers used. Will freeze up the computer. (and again)
5) Not all smilies are in perfect squares. Some are wider than others. (.............)
6) Sketch and plan ahead first. *points at letter "N"* (too wide...)

There's my advice for whoever is gonna try that someday. :moon:

(HAPPY 10TH TO THE LION KING AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!)

:secret: jolly good job mate and i shall heed your warnings

CW Tyger
June 25th, 2004, 03:36 AM
Just as long as it's still the 24th somewhere in the world. :)

unregistered user
June 25th, 2004, 03:37 AM
"Time grows short." ~Captain Hook, Peter Pan :p

CW Tyger
June 25th, 2004, 03:44 AM
"Time is the fire in which we burn..." -- Dr. Soran, Star Trek: Generations

"Someone once told me that time was a predator that stalked us all our lives. I rather believe that time is a companion who goes with us on the journey and reminds us to cherish every moment, because it will never come again." -- Picard, Star Trek: Generations

"This is no time to argue about time! We don't HAVE the time! ... what was I saying?" -- Troi, Star Trek: First Contact

:p

Simba_2004
June 25th, 2004, 04:56 AM
WOW CW, some great quotes ya gots there. Star Trek rulezzz. And i know that the 24th is over by one hour here but i think i'll still do one last HIP HIP HOOOOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CW Tyger
June 25th, 2004, 05:09 AM
*Opens a bottle of something, and pours some champagne into glasses for a toast.* ^^

nafklt
June 25th, 2004, 08:25 AM
WAHOOOO! Darn! I'm late again, am I? Stupid drafting project! :( Oh well, HAPPY 10TH ANNIVERSARY TLK! :D :cheese: :ayecapn: :die: :confused: :evilgrin: :bleen: =D :hakuna: MATATA!

Vidan
June 25th, 2004, 09:43 AM
I suppose anything worth saying one million times is worth saying once more :cheese:

Happy Birthday TLK!

Birthday Basket! http://img36.photobucket.com/albums/v110/ericblack/5443c.jpg

Mabatu
June 25th, 2004, 10:13 AM
Thanks for the advice kcn! :cheese:

And i always thought it would be difficult to mercilessly over-abuse the smilies until they are cowering in a corner, in fear of further abuse! I just didn't know how difficult it would be! :p :lol:

Vidan
June 25th, 2004, 10:20 AM
Very nice kcn. Now you need to figure out how to make one of those pictures made of hundreds of little pictures, where you step back and see cub simba or some such. That would be awesome ;)

Mabatu
June 25th, 2004, 11:02 AM
Yeah, that would be fantastic!!! :D

Ngatuny
June 25th, 2004, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Woes of Folly
Very nice kcn. Now you need to figure out how to make one of those pictures made of hundreds of little pictures, where you step back and see cub simba or some such. That would be awesome ;)

Actually there is a Photoshop plug-in that those that! Unfortunately I don't have it but I know it exists!

kcnmttcnn
June 25th, 2004, 04:12 PM
ahhh... so that's what a birthday basket looks like. Happy B-Day TLK!!! ;) (again)

kcnmttcnn
June 25th, 2004, 04:38 PM
I think I'm not gonna try that anytime soon^^" That would just be hard to do.
And that plugin... wonder how that would work....
I'll let someone else try it :wicked:

CW Tyger
June 25th, 2004, 07:14 PM
*Sniff, sniff...* Is that chocolate I smell?

King Simba
June 25th, 2004, 07:49 PM
I think the countdown is ... well over, ummm.... *thinks, what day of the week is it, i mean, day of the month, i mean, month, i mean year*

ummm.. I think that was the most pointless post I have ever made.. but it was fun! =P

CW Tyger
June 25th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Ah, but the countdown has started to the 11th anniversary...

kcnmttcnn
June 25th, 2004, 07:54 PM
ahhh.... never thought of that. Ok then... 50wks 4days 11hrs 6mins 31secs left

Mabatu
June 26th, 2004, 02:25 AM
wOOt!! Not long to go until TLK 11th!! ;) :D

And only about 10 years until it's 20!! XD

:hmm: I was thinking the other day (:lol: that sounds funny!), and i wondered if they might ever re-make TLK when its like...100 years old or something, and use some kind of animation technology that we can't even imagine at the moment, and it would touch the hearts of millions again, with its stunning scenery and everything, and would spawn a whole new generation of obsessed people like us. Of course, they would use the same voices and sounds. :ayecapn:

Or is this not gonna happen? :confused:

CW Tyger
June 26th, 2004, 02:37 AM
With Disney, you never know. Freaky Friday was remade twice already...

Simba_2004
June 26th, 2004, 05:11 AM
i'd have to say it smells like :scream:

Simba_2004
June 26th, 2004, 05:28 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu

:hmm: I was thinking the other day (:lol: that sounds funny!), and i wondered if they might ever re-make TLK when its like...100 years old or something, and use some kind of animation technology that we can't even imagine at the moment, and it would touch the hearts of millions again, with its stunning scenery and everything, and would spawn a whole new generation of obsessed people like us. Of course, they would use the same voices and sounds. :ayecapn:

i said something about this in another thread, cant remember which one though :hmm:

Vidan
June 26th, 2004, 06:12 AM
Originally posted by Simba_2004
i'd have to say it smells like :scream:

:nukawha: Gotta cut a few corners here and there to stay afloat :hehe:

CW Tyger
June 26th, 2004, 09:46 AM
...I'll just bury my nose in some catnip, then.

Prince Simba
June 26th, 2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by Mabatu

I'll make TLK my family legacy... I'll marry somebody who's obsessed with TLK, and have our children obsess over it. We'll worship it and in 100 years, when my grandchildren are adults, TLK WILL RETURN! and it will spawn millions upon billions of obsessers (considering that the earth's population will dramatically increase over the next 100 years)

oh yeah, and ill invent holodecks/holographic technology so they can undergo this massive historical undertaking.... but by then, you'll just plug something into the back of your neck and get a front row seat in the action (the matrix) :lol:

or perhaps instead of the matrix... we'll just have holodecks, which are like the matrix, except we are in control, not the matrix... :hmm:

i'm going in circles again, aren't i...

:confused:

Mabatu
June 27th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Simba_2004
i said something about this in another thread, cant remember which one though :hmm:

Really?! Wow! =D

I guess that thought wasn't as random as I...thought :p

I havn't seen where you posted that, so i wasn't copying you or anything ;)

Ruska
June 27th, 2004, 03:33 PM
Happy Birthday, TLK, once again. :)

Simba_2004
June 27th, 2004, 06:01 PM
no problems mate ;) i'll find where i posted it someday...

Prince Simba
June 27th, 2004, 08:48 PM
i cant believe you! that was my plan too! oh well... good thing you dont live in the US... otherwise id have to find you and kill you
j/k

:lol:

unregistered user
June 27th, 2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I've already decided that I'm getting my name changed to Simba when I'm older, and I want to meet a huge fan who will be willing to change her name to Nala :rawr: :cheese: ...

Okay, but only if you have a girl AND a boy. And you must name them Kiara and Kopa XD

nathalie
June 27th, 2004, 10:13 PM
I've already decided that I'm getting my name changed to Simba when I'm older, and I want to meet a huge fan who will be willing to change her name to Nala :rawr: :cheese: ...

are you talking for real ??

unregistered user
June 27th, 2004, 10:38 PM

:lol: are you serious?

unregistered user
June 28th, 2004, 09:56 AM
lol, that would...be cool if you found anyone like that

I doubt there is many fans that would be willing to do that with some thought though :)

But then again..I dont know I havnt asked anyone lol

unregistered user
July 1st, 2004, 01:50 PM
*throws confetti*
Because it's fun Muwhahaha XD!
;):evilgrin:

Sadiki
July 1st, 2004, 01:59 PM
I have say it like 50 times this year... HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLK I know you have a good one...

And I have celebrate it 2.5 weeks straight so I think that was enough...

Probebly too much for my wallet

unregistered user
July 1st, 2004, 05:30 PM
:lol: So true STM, so true :hugs:

Koana
June 24th, 2005, 08:37 AM
So it's June 24th.
woot 11 years :bleen: *puts on a party hat*

Sombolia
June 24th, 2005, 08:51 AM
Wow! :worried: It's been a year since the 10th already? :scream: Time sure does fly... :stop:

Well then! Happy Birthday, TLK!

:love: :thirsty: :cheese: :secret: :fini: :emo: :irule:

Avalon
June 24th, 2005, 09:04 AM
YAY!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLK!!! :wow:

I can still remeber that summer day that changed my life forever..

HAPPY B-DAY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!TLK :cheese: :D :evilgrin: :love: :knowdees: :cringe: :scream::fini: :hmm:

simba2662
June 24th, 2005, 09:58 AM
Happy B'day LK :-)

Thanx for all the happiness over the past 11yrs.

Black Paw
June 24th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Happy B-day TLK!!!!!!!!! :D I can still remember me being 4 years old, and my mum asked me if I wanted to go see it.. :lol: I thought it was about a human!! :cheese: And for a sec in the cinema I really thought Rafiki was going to drop lil' Simba.. :cringe:

Iestyn
June 24th, 2005, 10:32 AM
Happy B'day TLK! Unargueably the best Disney movie ever made.

Lucy Lioness
June 24th, 2005, 10:38 AM
Happy Birthday The Lion King!!! And in my opinion, it is the best Disney movie ever made!

;) :diva: :love: :fini: :hugs:

IchLiebeNALA
June 24th, 2005, 11:07 AM
Happy Birthday TLK!

:ayecapn: :cheese: :evilgrin: =D :hakuna: :D :browlift: :bleen:

King Simba
June 24th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Doesn't seem two minutes since TLK's 10th anniversary. :gasp:
Happy B-day to the greatest film ever made. :cheese:

Ralli
June 24th, 2005, 12:06 PM
Three cheers for Disney's greatest animated masterpiece! :diva:

*sings* We raise our glass, you BET YOUR A** TOOOO...The Liiioooonnn Kiiiinnngg.

*shot for randomly breaking out into a song from a musical...cookie and love goes to whoever knows what line it's from*

Since I didn't do a happy birthday picture for TLK's tenth anniversary, I MUST make up for it this year. :Ohno:

lionloversam
June 24th, 2005, 12:08 PM
June?? I thought it was in december.:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

King Simba
June 24th, 2005, 12:08 PM
Same with me. I only started drawing TLK characters just before the 10 year anniversary. :gasp:

lionloversam
June 24th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by lionloversam

Oh, yeah! I remember hearing somethinig about it being released during the summer, then some people complaining about how mufasa was killed. So disney pulled it back and fixed it to please the angry mob and rereleased it during the winter. But on the other hand I also heard it did not do well during the summer and that is why they rereleased it in the winter.

Iestyn
June 24th, 2005, 01:59 PM
According to the Special Features on the DVD, they re-released it in December because there wasn't a christmas slot. And yes, I saw it both times it was released x)

Sharifu
June 24th, 2005, 02:19 PM
Oh, yeah! I remember hearing somethinig about it being released during the summer, then some people complaining about how mufasa was killed. So disney pulled it back and fixed it to please the angry mob and rereleased it during the winter. But on the other hand I also heard it did not do well during the summer and that is why they rereleased it in the winter.

And how did Disney fix the way Mufasa was killed? :p ;) No, TLK did really well at the box office in the summer, which is why they released it again during the winter. More money at the box office! :p

This past year went so quick. =/ Well Happy 11th Anniversary to my favorite animated movie! I'll never forget that summer day when I first saw it. ^_^

Nalinda
June 24th, 2005, 02:27 PM
Congrats TLK! :D I love you! :D

Simba_TLK
June 24th, 2005, 02:32 PM
:D :cheese: :hugs: =D =)
HAPPY 11TH BIRTHDAY TLK!
:-) :) :fini: :wow: :browlift:

Kovu
June 24th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Happy Birthday TLK. :kovusmile

Originally posted by King Simba
Doesn't seem two minutes since TLK's 10th anniversary. :gasp:

Seriously, it does feel so. Time flies, way too fast. :confused:

unregistered user
June 24th, 2005, 04:05 PM
haha.. i still remember
my first movie ever:lol: yeah watching a movie like riding a roller coaster:lol:
and yeah i still remember i can feel the love at the mall :emo:
and my first english word is from scar: So Be It :emo::emo: happy birthday TLK:D

Bagheera
June 24th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by Kovu
Happy Birthday TLK. :kovusmile

Seriously, it does feel so. Time flies, way too fast. :confused:

It most certainly does, Happy 11th year TLK

Ngatuny
June 24th, 2005, 04:21 PM
:hugs: Another year of having TLK with us and it has been a good TLK year:evilgrin:

Endra
June 24th, 2005, 05:27 PM
Wow! It is already the 11th aniversary?

Well, happy 11th birthday TLK! :hugs:

imported_Rafiki
June 24th, 2005, 05:32 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
:cheese: :D =D :hakuna: :hugs: :o =) :) :wow:
11 years!! And it doesn't seem to be one day older... Congratulations!

lolopimp
June 24th, 2005, 05:51 PM
It almost slipped my mind, I forgot it last year, but no this one.

Cheers to the best movie ever made, one that has changed many lives. A true masterpiece in animation, it brings back a lot of memories. It's been 11 years and it hasn't aged a bit, people are still loving it.

Everybody will "feel the love tonight" when they watch the movie later one. (I hope)

unregistered user
June 24th, 2005, 06:23 PM
Happy Birthday to one of the greatest classics of all time ^^

Monai
June 24th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Happy birthday to the movie that changed my life... :D

(It's as old as me :gasp:)

King Simba
June 24th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Monai
Happy birthday to the movie that changed my life... :D

(It's as old as me :gasp:)

I can remember the very first time I saw TLK. I was only 4 years old. ;)
And yeah, but you're nearly a year older than TLK if you think about it. Your B-day's on the 9th July.

HasiraKali
June 24th, 2005, 07:25 PM
I've already given it my private happy birthday but here's a public one. :D

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TLK! :D
I LOVE YOU! :lol:

Ralli
June 24th, 2005, 07:29 PM
Originally posted by King Simba
I can remember the very first time I saw TLK. I was only 4 years old. ;)
And yeah, but you're nearly a year older than TLK if you think about it. Your B-day's on the 9th July.

I was four also. :-) I remember very vividly the very beginning, when the title and the bugs start chirping and whirring, then it goes into a blank...then I remember the mouse coming out and me thinking: "awwww!" and then BAM and getting the crud scared outta me, then another blank...and then I remember the ending credits. That's basically it. *pout* Wish I remember it more...too bad they don't re-release movies into regular theatres (we don't have an IMAX anywhere nearby) after a decade...at least on its anniversaries...I'd love to see TLK on the big screen.

Sharifu
June 24th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
I've already given it my private happy birthday but here's a public one. :D

:gasp: What did you do?

Originally posted by HasiraKali

I LOVE YOU! :lol:

:lol:

I'd like to see TLK released in the movie theaters again. I was 9 when I first saw it. (Actually in 4 days, it will be excatly 11 years ago when I first saw it) ;) But I remember all of it well. Man it had such an impact on me! TLK wasn't in IMAX theaters for very long, just for a few months. But I was able to see it on the IMAX screen. I would of liked to have seen it again on that big screen, but at least I got to once.

King Simba
June 24th, 2005, 07:41 PM
I actually did view it on the big screen and the cinema was literally jam packed. I think we saw it on the first day it came out... if not, it would've been a few days from now.

;)

I know some people who haven't even seen TLK. They seriously need to watch it. They're losing out otherwise.

:cheese:

Ralli
June 24th, 2005, 07:43 PM
I worded that wrong. xP I DID see it on the big screen, but I can only remember those three snippets that I mentioned. I'd like to see it again and actually remember it all.

Storm90
June 24th, 2005, 07:59 PM
Happy 11th Birthday for The Lion King!

Whoo! Time sure flies. ^_^

=D =D :hugs: :irule: :knowdees: :jejeje: :haha: :noogie: :lol: :Ooo:

Opera Ghost
June 24th, 2005, 08:01 PM
Happy Birthday for The Lion King :D

unregistered user
June 24th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Wow, time really flies by doesnt it?

Happy birthday The lion king! :)

SimbaNala05
June 25th, 2005, 04:46 AM
I Watched TLK Once Again to Celebrate It's 11th Birthday

I Wish Simba,Nala and The Rest of The Cast and the Filmmakers another great Circle of Life.

Happy Birthday To The Lion King
11 Years Old

All The Best

David

Hakuna Matata

Mabatu
June 25th, 2005, 05:31 AM
I'm kind of late on this one, but HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY TLK! =D :cheese:

I can't believe it's been a year since we got all excited about the 10th anniversary either...that must have been the quickest year for me ever :worried: :D

Lion King Stu
June 25th, 2005, 07:21 AM
YESH HAPPY B-DAY TO DA LION KING WOOOOOOOOOOT!!!!! :cheese:

I never saw it in the cinema...only on video :lol:
Doesn't really matter I've seen it and love it and now got the DVD's so weeee!! :p

Kiara Serengeti
June 25th, 2005, 06:09 PM
"Nants ingonyama, bagithi baba...ooom....aya..."
"Asante sana, squash banana! We we nugu, mi mi apana"
Happy bday TLK!