PDA

View Full Version : Brother Bear

Shawchert
November 2nd, 2003, 04:19 AM
i saw that movie this afternoon and it is one of the best made disney movies, not as good as tlk but definately a requirement to watch lol, j/k i reccommend it though as it is one heck of a hilarious/sad/suspenseful/but you know some of the stuff that is gonna happen right away of coarse ^_^ anyways great movie a must see!!!

unregistered user
November 2nd, 2003, 10:34 AM
I saw the advert for it yesturday,But hopefully i'll be able to see it sometime.Looks really good :)

Zala
November 2nd, 2003, 03:06 PM
I'll be watching it in less than a weeeek. I can't wait! :D

Sadiki
November 2nd, 2003, 04:51 PM
I saw only trailer that movie but when it comes in Finland i will go watch that movie :D

unregistered user
November 2nd, 2003, 05:23 PM
You know what's sad? Finding Nemo isn't even out here yet. Figures.... we'll get to see Brother Bear in April or something :claw:

Zala
November 3rd, 2003, 11:37 AM
Awww.. Falia... You poor thing. Well, I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself tremendously when you finally get to watch it.
And Nemo's a good show. I recommend watching it. Great storyline with good characters and neat jokes ;)

Sadiki
November 3rd, 2003, 11:44 AM
after i sow that trailer about Nemo... i think that i have to see that movie when it come here :D but don't know if any my friends like to see it if not i will watch that when it comes in VHS

CW Tyger
November 3rd, 2003, 11:47 AM
I'm looking forward to Brother Bear when it gets to our theatre. It's a small-town theatre, and it's slower to get movies than the ones in big cities like Vancouver and Toronto, who get them on opening night. So the earliest I can look forward to seeing Brother Bear is probably next month.

unregistered user
November 4th, 2003, 12:33 AM
I might check out Brother Bear, but you all can keep "Finding Nemo". I don't care how well it did, or how many people said it was good, I won't watch it.

Sadiki
November 4th, 2003, 12:42 AM
well everyone have own movie taste and everyone have to respect that... i know some peoples who say that Lion King is awful movie and i respect they movie taste but i can still like that movie ^^

And i Will!!! :lol:

unregistered user
November 4th, 2003, 12:45 AM
Finding Nemo didn't really beat Lion King in ticket sales because of how high ticket prices have gone up since 94'. And LK still beat it's butt in world-wide grossings.

Sharifu
November 4th, 2003, 02:13 AM
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Brother Bear, maybe I'll go see it next weekend! I love traditionally animated movies! They're my favorite and I prefer them over computer animated movies! It's just too bad that traditionally animated movies aren't doing so well right now. I hope Brother Bear does well.

unregistered user
November 4th, 2003, 03:09 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Yeah I'm looking forward to seeing Brother Bear, maybe I'll go see it next weekend! I love traditionally animated movies! They're my favorite and I prefer them over computer animated movies! It's just too bad that traditionally animated movies aren't doing so well right now. I hope Brother Bear does well. I know. Stupid Disney thinks that closing down 2-D animation is the solution to their un-successful cartoons, well I tell you that's wrong!

unregistered user
November 4th, 2003, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by Zala

And Nemo's a good show. I recommend watching it. Great storyline with good characters and neat jokes ;)

I saw Finding Nemo when I was visiting London two weeks ago, great movie :evilgrin: But then again, I do love the traditional animation style over everything else.

Sadiki
November 4th, 2003, 10:02 AM
I agree both messages what you have writen after my last message...
(Ansem) :cheese:

unregistered user
November 4th, 2003, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
I agree both messages what you have writen after my last message...
(Ansem) :cheese: Thanks bro. I appreciate it.

Mufasa
November 4th, 2003, 07:48 PM
I'm going to wait for the DVD before watching Brother Bear. The animation looks impressive. :wow:

unregistered user
November 5th, 2003, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Mufasa
I'm going to wait for the DVD before watching Brother Bear. The animation looks impressive. :wow: It does look quite good, but how about the story?

Mufasa
November 5th, 2003, 04:37 AM
Originally posted by Ansem
It does look quite good, but how about the story?

I'm not so sure about the story. The trailers I've seen are not making me rush out to see it. :woeisme:

Shawchert
November 5th, 2003, 04:38 AM
the story isn't taken from a book or anthing but it kinda resembles emporers new groove, though it isn't about a cocky prince LOL

the animation is superb and the moose are funny as well as the goats crazy. if i say anymore you will guess everything so GO WATCH IT!! lol <,< and Phil collins does the music and i love his music

unregistered user
November 5th, 2003, 07:05 PM
*clings to phil collins music* :evilgrin: "Oh I just can't wait to be..!"... errr, see this movie :curious:

Sadiki
November 5th, 2003, 08:48 PM
well i go watch it when it comes in Finland but still i hate that thing that movies comes here about year or half later then in america :(

Shawchert
November 6th, 2003, 12:29 AM
well some movies don't come out here in america that go out throughout europe

unregistered user
November 6th, 2003, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Shawchert
well some movies don't come out here in america that go out throughout europe That's correct. We don't get a lot of movies that go through Europe.

Off-Topic: Yo Shawchert!:cheese:

Shawchert
November 6th, 2003, 02:13 AM
: hehe sorry i didn't talk on aim... i was busy with my board

unregistered user
November 6th, 2003, 02:22 AM
Originally posted by Shawchert
: hehe sorry i didn't talk on aim... i was busy with my board No prob! I've been busy myself!

Sharifu
November 10th, 2003, 07:21 AM
Hey I saw Brother Bear today, and I liked it. ^_^ Hey Mufasa just go see it in the theaters! At least to support traditional animation. And I think you'll enjoy the movie. I don't think the movie was really really great, but it was a nice movie and I enjoyed it. Oh and I like Phil Collin's music too. I might get the Brother Bear soundtrack.

Shawchert
November 10th, 2003, 12:53 PM
mmm the soundtrack is alright, it would have been cool if it had koda singing that one song, cause he made it actually sound not that bad, anyways the songs are good i got the sound track, but nothing compared to the movie ^_^

Sharifu
November 12th, 2003, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by Mufasa
I'm not so sure about the story. The trailers I've seen are not making me rush out to see it. :woeisme:

I thought the story was pretty good. Very original. Yeah, the trailers and commericals made the story seem silly and goofy, but go see it, I think you'll like it, it's not what the trailers and TV commericals make it out to be.

Sadiki
November 12th, 2003, 03:25 PM
Ok now i know that Finding Nemo come in Finland 21.11.2003 :)

unregistered user
January 21st, 2004, 05:12 AM
:woeisme: I can't seem to find any anywhere. I know Nalana has one but I went there and all her links are broken.
:emo:

Anyone have one or know of some?

Sadiki
January 21st, 2004, 09:15 AM
Sry i don't know what is BB??? :confused:

unregistered user
January 22nd, 2004, 01:58 AM
Oh sorry! Brother Bear I mean.
:hehe:

unregistered user
January 22nd, 2004, 02:00 AM
I can't think any either. Try typing it in on Google and see what you get.

Ngatuny
January 22nd, 2004, 02:14 AM
I don't know if you all ready know of this one:

www.brotherbear.ca

and

http://www.so-yesterday.net/brother

Hope this helps!!

unregistered user
January 22nd, 2004, 05:05 AM
Thanks you so much Ngatuny!! Just what I was looking for. Thamnks, thanks, thanks!
:hugs:

Ngatuny
January 22nd, 2004, 06:31 AM
:irule: Happy to have been of help! :cool:

unregistered user
February 8th, 2004, 11:15 PM
I never seen an animated movies i loved as much as i like tlk since i seen tlk, but i was with brother bear, and i still be under the charm, is a Very great movie.
Koda is a character so cute and intereting i would like meet, i love the song, the music,the draw, everything...
Is like tlk about nature, it was for me a very great suprise, i didn't know it will be that best when i went to see it at theater, almost 1 week ago (is comming out here 28 janury).

I don't say i prefer brother bear than tlk but the both are very important in my life , i love them as much. (same)

i found only 3 site about brother bear i'm desapointed :(
maybe i will do one myself if i can't found more site...

sorry for my english...

PS: ( i would like too found another brother bear fan thank you to answer me :) )

unregistered user
February 8th, 2004, 11:34 PM
Yes i know its tough to find some brother bears sites cause theres almost none exiting :( hope they will grow after the premiere

unregistered user
February 9th, 2004, 04:06 AM
I LOVE brother bear. I hope you'll join the BB muck if you like to rp!

Yes it's a great movie. I can't wait until it's out on DVD. I dled it to watch though in the meantime *L*

unregistered user
February 9th, 2004, 09:55 AM
I think theres gonna be a 2nd, it dosnt seem ended

nathalie
February 9th, 2004, 10:49 AM
Will be in the theater here on the 11th.

unregistered user
February 9th, 2004, 11:04 AM
Well i think its a must see movie :) go see it nathalie

nathalie
February 9th, 2004, 11:11 AM
I know, I'm waiting for it =D

Sadiki
February 9th, 2004, 11:23 AM
well i see it at last... in after Premier and that really effect me strongly(not so strong that TLK) but still. There was much of funny jokes and sad things. Animation was great and story line was awsome...
that was one of best movies what i have evere seen.
If i give points 9.5/10 :cheese:

unregistered user
February 9th, 2004, 11:55 AM
9/10

unregistered user
February 9th, 2004, 12:15 PM
9.5/10

unregistered user
February 9th, 2004, 04:54 PM
I cant wait to see this movie. I've heard nothing but good things about it so I'm already thinking it will have a similar caliber to TLK. It's coming to DVD next month.
Cant wait! :cool:

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 12:15 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
I know, I'm waiting for it =D

Yes you can , you will not desapointed with it :)

i see your are from belgium, you probably speak french too :cheese:

I seen in french, i will see it in english soon, when is possible, that probably not all same funny joke.

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 01:43 AM
english is tha best :D, danish version suck cause i hate seeing movies where its not the correct songs and words they speech

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 05:46 AM
I only speak one foreign language myself. English! It's foreign to Spanish, it's foreign to French, Chinese, Portugese, German, Russian.........etc., etc...

:lol:

Sadiki
February 10th, 2004, 08:20 AM
In finnish that movie was great because there is much good voice actors... but songs are deffinedly better in english.
( I can't say how good movie that is in english or witch is better finnish<>english because i haven't seen it english.

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 10:30 AM
Is it as good as bambi?

:emo:

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 11:10 AM
Is very good in french from france , because they choose a realy good choice of famous people from here ( for goliath is david douillet the french world champion of judo, he is like goliath a very solid mass). I know in french from quebec is not the same translation and actor, so is funny to see too. My german and spanish and italian are too poor for i understand everything.

boosy yeah you can going see it , you will very probably not desapointed :cheese:

Sadiki
February 10th, 2004, 12:33 PM
yeah Boos... You gonna love it. or i think so :thinks:

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 04:42 PM
Just bought the soundtrack today and i can say 1 thing, Go buy it NOW :D its great

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 04:54 PM
Yes i brought the soundtrack in french, and i have in bonus some of the english track too. Phil collins sing in French and english. I know He sing also in spanish and probably many other languages. In french he is not bad i can easly understand him.

The SOundtrack is awesome , I have already listen it over 20 times :cheese:

Is a must to have, RUn buy it you will be charmed

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Like he did for Tarzan: English, German, Spanish and Frech.

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Yea hes like a god language god

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Simba the cub
Yea hes like a god language god

what do you want mean ? i not sure to understand :(

Ruska
February 10th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Hey, can I be yer Phil? I speak Finnish, English, Swedish and French. http://koti.mbnet.fi/foot/hysteric.JPG

(like my hysteric laugh smilie? they didn't have those so had to make one myself. >:)

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by Ruska
Hey, can I be yer Phil? I speak Finnish, English, Swedish and French. http://koti.mbnet.fi/foot/hysteric.JPG

(like my hysteric laugh smilie? they didn't have those so had to make one myself. >:)

what is you level in french?

in swedish i'm pretty bad i know only few word..
in finish i know nothing

i love learn language, i also know spanish, italian a little

in English and french i'm good

You want be the phil, so you like sing? I like sing me too but probably no one will have the luck to hear me, i have only pretty bad recorder mic and that sound bad...

ps: if you want teach me few word i will be happy :)

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 10:10 PM
Stupid disney Brother bear should have been released back in November 03 it says in the preview trailer

Ngatuny
February 11th, 2004, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Ruska

Wow that is great I love it. http://koti.mbnet.fi/foot/hysteric.JPG

Fuzzy
February 11th, 2004, 02:50 AM
I can't wait for the dvd release!! :) love the movie!

Sadiki
February 11th, 2004, 08:35 AM
Kwavara: If you like to learn some finnish words I can maby try to teach you some.... even finnish might be difficult.
Like this. Minun nimeni on Simba The Mighty. = My name is Simba The Mighty.

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 09:32 AM
well STM i got some friends in school whos CRAZY after learning finnish :P

Sadiki
February 11th, 2004, 10:53 AM
Well I go CRAZY whit finnish grammatic... So much things to remember...

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 11:20 AM
haha thats the things my school mates likes about finnish ;)

Sadiki
February 11th, 2004, 11:28 AM
Are you sure that your school mates are not CRAZY some other way too?
:evilgrin:

Ruska
February 11th, 2004, 08:07 PM
Well they must be. http://koti.mbnet.fi/foot/hysteric.JPG

Oh, forgot to mention that I speak a lil' bit of Japanese too.

Originally posted by Kwavara
what is you level in french?

Well I've studied French almost two years now.

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Well yes my FRIEND are crazzzzzzya

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 10:25 PM
oh ok , and for speak again of brother bear, what is your favorit character in brother bear?

Me is Koda !!!

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Je parle Francais, mais c'est terrible. Nous l'?tudions dans l'?cole pour 8 ann?es, mais la plupart de ces ann?es o? nous sommes des petite enfants. Comme tu vois, c'est mal.

My favourite charcaters are Rutt and Tuke. ^_^ I love those moose!!

Fuzzy
February 12th, 2004, 06:18 AM
I for Koda!!

http://www.dizneypins.com/SeptImages03/brotherkoda.jpg

Sharifu
February 12th, 2004, 09:00 AM
I love Brother Bear. It's a lot better then I thought it was going to be. It was very spiritual (like TLK!) and I love animated movies about animals and nature. This movie is great and I can't wait for the DVD! I have the soundtrack, and I think I'll listen to it right now! And I've already seen it twice in theaters!

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 10:09 AM
Koda for president!!

Fuzzy
February 12th, 2004, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Simba the cub
Koda for president!!

:gasp: SIMBA FOR PRESIDENT!!

(oh man... you've done it now Koda vs. simba in IRC later... lol)

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 10:39 AM
No no no no, Boos the leopard for presidency! ;)

I want it because Simba hit me with Rafikis stick!

It hurt!! argh

Anyways, going to get BB and see if its any good, from the trailer it looked like the mooses would be great fun...so il probaly see this one :)

Fuzzy
February 12th, 2004, 10:42 AM
"Oh yeah well :irule: I still have the stick.. :idiot:. And I'm gona hit ya again' :grrr: It Starts!!"

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 10:47 AM
Well...you made me do this you know!

This is a friend of mine...say hello....

http://www.halge.com/english/gallery/dogkiller.asp

Fuzzy
February 12th, 2004, 10:50 AM
:gasp: ... well... im not a dog!! haha

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 10:51 AM
Yes...well...look at the muscles!

Sorry for hijacking this thread btw, im stopping right now by taking a ordinary stick and slap Simba with it....laters :D

unregistered user
February 13th, 2004, 03:21 PM
Brother bear is in mac donalds here. I get a plush today with my meal (i bought outside the happy meal, because i'm too old for take that )
But rutt and tuck (they are called Truc et Muche here) are too similar so i don't know the one i have buy today lol...

unregistered user
February 13th, 2004, 03:26 PM
haha :D sounds nice, i mean tuck is more brown around the head or i dont know :p

unregistered user
February 23rd, 2004, 09:06 PM
just wanted to inform you guys that i have the Brother Bear DVD now :evilgrin: , acctually it's downloaded from the net and burned on a DVD-R cd, but it's the whole dvd with all the extras and stuff :) i can post some pictures of it here as proof if you guys want. :bleen:

now i hope that you guys don't think that i am a boaster (braggart?) because i post this here :p

unregistered user
February 23rd, 2004, 09:21 PM
sorry that i posted this in the wrong place.... wont happen agian:alone:

Mufasa
February 23rd, 2004, 09:22 PM
Hakuna matata! :browlift:

Sadiki
February 23rd, 2004, 10:25 PM
Ileagal to do that... but I'm happy for you. :cheese:

unregistered user
February 23rd, 2004, 11:23 PM
I downloaded it too, but it was just the film. I couldn't stand not seeing it so long between it being in theatres and the DVD.

Can't wait for March 30th! I'll be at my Disney Store! But I'm so annoyed there's no preorder/litho graph set. Why they decided not to do it for this film I'll never know.:confused:. The DVD better not sell out ebfore I can get there, I don't expect it will though since it wasn't that popular around these parts .

Naline
February 23rd, 2004, 11:31 PM
I havn't seen this film, it didn't look too appealing when i first saw an advert for it, but i watched the trailer for it on TLK3 and i really want to see it now!!!!

Roll on the release date. Also Finding Nemos our in four days.....im SOOOO getting that!!!

unregistered user
February 23rd, 2004, 11:34 PM
I work part time at a bakery among other odd jobs and we're right across from the fish department. They were playing Finding Nemo the last week on tellies everywhere and have big posters fr it everywhere. I thught that was so creepy...:worried:

Keep Nemo away from the Seafood Department!

Naline
February 23rd, 2004, 11:42 PM
Hahaha!!!! People will do anything to promote their business wont they!!!!

Fuzzy
February 24th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Just a few more days untill the release! I'll just wait for the dvd.. ;)

unregistered user
February 24th, 2004, 09:08 AM
/looks in his wallet...

Not good..ah well...not really on my top list to see :)

/runs to the store and buys pirate of the caribbeans :D

Sadiki
February 24th, 2004, 10:33 AM
That is great... go hit the road and buy one Boos.

unregistered user
February 24th, 2004, 10:38 AM
Hit the road jack never coming back no more no more noooo moooree noo moooooooooore

unregistered user
February 24th, 2004, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
Ileagal to do that... but I'm happy for you. :cheese:

well not if i buy the dvd later :)

Ruska
February 24th, 2004, 05:16 PM
Well...you can always think that way.
I wouldn't want an illegal DVD. (But CDs are a different thing :jejeje:)

Sharifu
February 24th, 2004, 11:19 PM
I can't wait for the Brother Bear DVD! I've already seen it twice in the theaters and I want to see it again! (Plus I want to see all the Bonus Features, like how they made the movie, etc.) =D

Fuzzy
February 25th, 2004, 05:53 AM
And the music.. :)

I'm stuck playing it over and over.. ''Welcome''!! Great song!

Just seven days to release!

unregistered user
February 25th, 2004, 02:43 PM
i wont be going to see it in theater here in my city because it is only in norwegian (dubbed). and i want to see the original english version.:Ooo:

unregistered user
February 25th, 2004, 03:33 PM
i've seen it like 5 times and am not bored seeing it yet ;)

On my the way <- good song :D

unregistered user
February 25th, 2004, 05:39 PM
I'll definitely pick up BB when it comes out on DVD! It was an enjoyable movie I must say too.

unregistered user
February 27th, 2004, 05:22 AM
I think i will not but the the DVD on the 30 march because is a ZONE 1, and is very anoying to read a zone 1 (but i can)
Better for me to wait the zone 2...

Fuzzy
February 27th, 2004, 05:31 AM
Zone 1, Zone 2?? Is this that region thing agian?? :confused:

kcnmttcnn
February 27th, 2004, 05:33 AM
Probally is.

unregistered user
February 29th, 2004, 10:53 AM
yes you know, the region thing do a dvd can't work if is not the good zone where you live. But i have the solution now, i have a dvd player multi zone now , so i can read all zone of the word.

unregistered user
February 29th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by Kwavara
yes you know, the region thing do a dvd can't work if is not the good zone where you live. But i have the solution now, i have a dvd player multi zone now , so i can read all zone of the word.

yeah :) my dvd player is also region free, i have a Pioneer DV-565A-k

Ngatuny
February 29th, 2004, 02:57 PM
If your computer has a DVD player you can watch it, or a region free player.

unregistered user
February 29th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Going to see it in the cinema in one hour

Ngatuny
February 29th, 2004, 03:04 PM
:grrr: :die: :claw: and I also have Rafiki's Stick Hahahaha :shout:

Nah, enjoy the movie:cheese:

unregistered user
February 29th, 2004, 05:52 PM
It was ok :)

The mooses where my fav :)

unregistered user
February 29th, 2004, 05:58 PM
hmm i think the mooses were a waste of good characters :f

Fuzzy
February 29th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Tomorrow it comes to DVD!!!! Can't wait!;)

Ngatuny
February 29th, 2004, 06:08 PM
:gasp: Hey LKD are you getting the movie direct from Disney because every where I checked it says it'll be released March 30?:confused:

unregistered user
February 29th, 2004, 06:41 PM
They can do everything these days you know ;)

Fuzzy
February 29th, 2004, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Ngatuny
:gasp: Hey LKD are you getting the movie direct from Disney because every where I checked it says it'll be released March 30?:confused:

Thats the great thing about the staff store !! We get a ticket i belive for one.. But i don't know how it works quite yet. It may actually take me longer to get but i should still have it early! :D

Sharifu
March 1st, 2004, 01:41 AM
Aww LKD, you get it tomorrow? (The DVD) Or are you seeing it in theaters again? :confused:
Yeah I have to wait till March 30 for the DVD... :woeisme:
I hate waiting so long! :p

Fuzzy
March 1st, 2004, 02:09 AM
I'm gonna try !!! ;)

Sadiki
March 1st, 2004, 10:51 AM
wow... there is commercial In TLK3 where they say BB come soon in DVD and VHS in finland too... strainge because it come teathers 3 weeks ago...

unregistered user
March 4th, 2004, 12:27 PM
After several long search on the net i found only a few brother bear site. So i tought creating this post for writing links related about brother bear can help people who search like me.

:cheese:

http://www.brotherbear.ca/

www.disney.com/BrotherBear/

www.followme.demon.nl/philcollins/phil/brotherbear/brotherbear.htm

http://www.geocities.com/ruttandtukespage/mainpage

http://kenai.fuzzthemole.com/

http://www.geocities.com/takealookthroughmyeyes/

http://www.geocities.com/brother_bear0//index.htm

http://brotherbear.proboards21.com/index.cgi

Ruska
March 4th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Okey dokey.

unregistered user
March 4th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Awesome!! I love Brother Bear.ca I mean it has such a beautiful layout. Yay!!

Ngatuny
March 4th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Thanks for the links, I appreciate it.:D:cheese:

Fuzzy
March 4th, 2004, 08:18 PM
Thank you Kwavara!! I have a few too... but these are better. ;)

Sadiki
March 4th, 2004, 08:20 PM
Great sites... :cheese:

unregistered user
March 6th, 2004, 11:55 PM
Originally posted by blackn0X
well not if i buy the dvd later :)
It's STILL illegal even if you buy the dvd later. Let's not confuse reality here. But I cant say that I blame you for not being able to wait.

Sharifu
March 7th, 2004, 09:27 AM
Wow! I was at Disney's Official Brother Bear web site, and this DVD has some really neat Bonus Features! :wow: March 30 can't come soon enough!

SimbaLKD
March 7th, 2004, 09:28 AM
I can't get it early :(

Sharifu
March 7th, 2004, 10:35 AM
Aww LKD, that's too bad. But now you got to wait like the rest of us. =/

nathalie
March 7th, 2004, 10:37 AM
a friend of mine has pre-orderd it for me, in new york disney store

Sharifu
March 7th, 2004, 10:42 AM
That's cool Nathalie. :-) Have you ever seen Brother Bear before?

unregistered user
March 7th, 2004, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by RyansLion
It's STILL illegal even if you buy the dvd later. Let's not confuse reality here. But I cant say that I blame you for not being able to wait.

yeah i guess youre right... :alone:

nathalie
March 7th, 2004, 08:19 PM
That's cool Nathalie. :-) Have you ever seen Brother Bear before?

No, not yet. Still a little short in money to go to the movies ...

But the DVD is for a good price, when it will come out here, I'll have to pay a lot more :grrr:

Sharifu
March 8th, 2004, 06:14 AM
Hey blackn0X, what is the quality like for a DVD that is downloaded off the internet and burned on a CD-R? It's just like the DVD from Disney that is coming out in a few weeks? It just makes me wonder...

unregistered user
March 9th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Hey blackn0X, what is the quality like for a DVD that is downloaded off the internet and burned on a CD-R? It's just like the DVD from Disney that is coming out in a few weeks? It just makes me wonder...

first, it's not burned on a CD-R, it's burned on a DVD-R, and second it's not quite like the dvd that is comming out in a few weeks, some of the extra features are not there, but else it's like the original dvd and the movie is great quality and the menu is there just like the original, it's copyied from the original not converted to divx or xvid, so great quality. ;) btw, the whole dvd is about 4 gigabytes to download, so you should have a fast connection to download whole dvds from the net. but remember, buy the dvd if you like it, they deserve support.

Sharifu
March 9th, 2004, 09:38 PM
Of course I am going to buy the DVD! Disney definitely deserves the support! Brother Bear is a great movie! But I couldn't download that movie anyways, my connection is way too slow. But I love to watch it now. =/ I guess I got to wait.

Simba22
April 13th, 2005, 11:29 PM
Do you guys like that movie? I got to say that That is one of my favorite disney movies. My favorite characters have to be those Canadian moose Rutt and Tuke. My big problem is it's official they are making Brother Bear 2 I swear if they ruin the first one. I am going to get real angry. People won't like me when I'm real angry.:die:

Anyway, I hope I'm not the only one who likes this movie. Probably not even close to being the only one. Who can't like the soundtrack?

Sombolia
April 14th, 2005, 01:01 AM
It was okay...

*chased by mob* :lol:

Simba22
April 14th, 2005, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
It was okay...

*chased by mob* :lol:

What was the part you disliked about it?

va-kasi
April 14th, 2005, 01:06 AM
They can't ruin the original by making a sequel. ;) They may ruin BB's reputation but the original film is still going to be a great film even if this sequel sucks.

Anyway, I love Brother Bear! :cheese:

Simba22
April 14th, 2005, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by va-kasi
They can't ruin the original by making a sequel. ;) They may ruin BB's reputation but the original film is still going to be a great film even if this sequel sucks.

Anyway, I love Brother Bear! :cheese:

Me too

The sequel might even be good because the guy who played Coda is still going to be in the sequel and the voices of Rutt and Tuke as far as I know but the chances of the songs being as good is slim to none.

Simba_TLK
April 14th, 2005, 06:34 AM
yeah Brother Bear is a great movie :cheese:
and the soundtrack was great too :D

well if they are making Brother Bear 2, i wouldnt mind ;)
if it has something to do with Brother Bear then it has to be good :p :lol:

Simba22
April 14th, 2005, 02:24 PM
Amen to that.

Ngatuny
April 14th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Bear Bro is one of my favorite recent Disney movies and like Simba_TLK said
well if they are making Brother Bear 2, i wouldnt mind I wouldn't mind either.

Iestyn
April 14th, 2005, 04:03 PM
Brother Bear was in my honest opinion the best Disney movie since TLK, it had everything from a great storyline, great characters to great music. And despite the stick that people give him, Phil Collins is still one of the best singer/songwriters to date.

So yes, I love Brother Bear. Finding Nemo sucked though.

Simba22
April 14th, 2005, 04:47 PM
Originally posted by Iestyn
Brother Bear was in my honest opinion the best Disney movie since TLK, it had everything from a great storyline, great characters to great music. And despite the stick that people give him, Phil Collins is still one of the best singer/songwriters to date.

So yes, I love Brother Bear. Finding Nemo sucked though.

If you thought Finding Nemo sucked do yourself a favor and never see Shark Tale.:eek: I completely agree with everything you said.

unregistered user
April 14th, 2005, 07:53 PM
http://tinypic.com/4pavs

http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?threadid=109&highlight=Brother ;)

unregistered user
April 15th, 2005, 04:08 PM
*Bump* muahkahakhakhakhakha

Sombolia
April 15th, 2005, 04:09 PM
In response to Simba22 in the other thread - there wasn't a certain part I disliked, the movie as a whole just didn't appeal to me too much. =P

Simba22
April 15th, 2005, 10:48 PM
One of my favorite new movies. I mean it had to be for me to make a thread about it.;)

Kiara Serengeti
April 29th, 2005, 04:26 PM
It didn't leave the impression on me like :hakuna: TLK did, but it was still pretty cool. Some of the animation was pretty poor, like the water\lightfall that Kenai poked to become a bear, but it was pretty cool. I like how it was like all the animals and the humans were brothers, and the songs were pretty good. My favorite part was when the brothers were reunited. It wasn't Disney co's greatest classic, but it was still pretty good: 8 1\2 out of ten stars. =D

Simba '04
April 29th, 2005, 10:34 PM
I really didn't like it all that much especially because of that bear's lip >.<...anyways I think there is already a thread on this ;)

Mushroom
April 29th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I didn't like it for the story, it was so basic. Animation was good though. Simba '04, if you look at a real bear they actually have those huge lips, it's the way the mouth is shaped round the teeth. I personally thought that made them more realistic and therefore much more pleasing to the eye.

Simba '04
April 29th, 2005, 10:41 PM
well I'm sure it makes it more realistic but for some reason it just bothered me ;)...o well, congrats Disney on the "accurate" animation :idiot: ;)

TakaTiger
April 29th, 2005, 11:02 PM
i like the moose's ^^

Sombolia
April 30th, 2005, 12:54 AM
http://leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109

Vidan
May 6th, 2005, 06:50 PM
'04, that bear's lip is still bothering you? :lol: (Rhetorical question since you can't answer :p)

starionwolf
May 8th, 2005, 03:12 AM
I still haven't seen the whole movie yet. I have only seen about 5 minutes. The animation looks great! I love the way Tina Turner sings.

Opera Ghost
May 8th, 2005, 04:59 PM
I thought this movie was great i really like Koda,and is one of my fave disney movies,but doesn't beat the lion king,nu uh ,no way!

LunarCat
May 8th, 2005, 05:38 PM
shenzi hyena, in your sig, what is the name of the dog in the upper right corner? he's from Lady and the Tramp 2 right?

Opera Ghost
May 8th, 2005, 05:40 PM
yes his name is Buster my fave disney baddie

mirta
August 24th, 2005, 09:19 PM
I loove It! It?s my second best movie! And the music is great! Like when Kenai wus transformed to bear, that music wus so cool!

ThiagoPE
August 24th, 2005, 11:41 PM
I Also love that movie (I think, from disney studios, is my "second" favorite) and that music of transformations is simply amazing! i become sad because the dvd doesnot have the original lyric of this song, so i made my own video clip with subtitles of the lyrics, if you want to see it :
http://files.thpe.net/Thiago/transfor.avi

unregistered user
August 25th, 2005, 12:38 AM
Eeeh. It was okay. I really didn't like the movie a whole lot. My favorite movie is (Yes it's obvious.) TLK. XD. But I do like Phil Collins music.

White Wagtail
August 27th, 2005, 04:06 AM
I LOVE (not like!) Brother Bear as much as TLK. (I can't say which is better... I love both)
I like the story so much. It's very profound and spiritual.
But I think US trailers and commercials didn't describe its story well...
they exaggerated comedic scenes (like moose scenes) too much.
And Japanese commercials were worse!
They say BB is a tearjerker story of a bear cub who lost his mother, and they hid the fact that Kenai was a human. :rolleyes:
I like moose and Koda, but it is Kenai's story...

My favorite characters are Kenai(both human and bear form) and Denahi.
Though Brother Bear is a story of a boy Kenai, I think it's a story of Denahi at the same time.
He makes this movie deeper.
And I like him because he reminds me of Simba.
I think it's because Ruben Aquino supervised animations of both Adult Simba and Denahi. ;)

However, Disney should have spent more money for this film because its CGI (especially the herd of caribou) is poor.
It could have been better like the wildebeest stampede in TLK, or the herd of horses in Spirit.
And they shouldn't have put the nonsense vignettes in the end credit. They ruin the impressive ending :yuck:

Sharifu
September 4th, 2005, 06:14 AM
STM bought me a Koda plushie at California Adventure at Disneyland when we went there last month... It's so cute! :D That was really sweet of him. :browlift:

I love Brother Bear! As I mentioned before. :p

starionwolf
September 8th, 2005, 05:07 AM
Wow, stores still sell Brother Bear merchandise? I'll go look for a plushie the next time I go to a Disney Store.

It sounds like you are enjoying the cute Koda plusie.

Simba22
September 9th, 2005, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by starionwolf
Wow, stores still sell Brother Bear merchandise? I'll go look for a plushie the next time I go to a Disney Store.

It sounds like you are enjoying the cute Koda plusie.

I don't think many stores do I mean I've been looking at places around me disney Store included and they don't seem to have anything I'm thinking It's just a Stores in Disney World kinda thing.

unregistered user
September 9th, 2005, 10:18 PM
me no like brother bears i like the fish in it though

Opera Ghost
September 9th, 2005, 10:37 PM
Erm...what do you mean fish ? :confused:

HasiraKali
September 10th, 2005, 01:35 AM
I have a hard time watching Brother Bear now. I love it though. I think it's a beautiful story and well animated. I swear I remember my mum telling me the story when I was little. It reminds me of TLK in a lot of respects actually. I just get all teared up. :(

mirta
September 17th, 2005, 08:01 PM
You now that starnge blue bear on the sammon run? that nobody understands?

ThiagoPE
September 17th, 2005, 08:02 PM
hehehe, he is croatian, i saw in some site the translation of what he says

mirta
September 17th, 2005, 08:58 PM
yes:cheese:
what does he say exatcly?:confused:
he is speaking on a dialect..so a few words I didn?t understand

ThiagoPE
September 17th, 2005, 09:15 PM
I really forgot the site adress, sorry bout that :(

mirta
September 18th, 2005, 11:32 AM
He wus saying something that he wus crossing some icy bridge or something like that, and "that wus something I hardly survive! Hardly!" I don?t see what?s so funny about it:confused:
crazy old guy
:idiot:

Tailsy
September 30th, 2005, 07:53 PM
Do you like Brother Bear? Me? Yes.

I love it! Nearly as good as the TLK in my opinon, but nothing would never beat TLK!!
I like Koda, hes so cute. =3

:D

ThiagoPE
September 30th, 2005, 07:55 PM
we already have a BB thread

Tailsy
September 30th, 2005, 07:58 PM
We do? Oh Im very sorry, I guess I didint look. ='(

Simba22
October 3rd, 2005, 02:37 AM
Originally posted by Tailsy
Do you like Brother Bear? Me? Yes.

I love it! Nearly as good as the TLK in my opinon, but nothing would never beat TLK!!
I like Koda, hes so cute. =3

:D

Yeah Koda is my favorite character. If you didn't notice my sig and avatar.:cheese:

Akiko
October 3rd, 2005, 11:08 AM
This movie was just great, I really loved it and the message it holds.^^ I liked kenai a lot, and of course koda was adorable...denahi was cool too, it's sad they never showed his totem creature in the actual movie, I was soo excited when I saw a wolf on the poster. ;) The songs were awesome too, very catch and alwasy fun 'ta draw too

Tailsy
October 7th, 2005, 08:18 PM
OMG, Brother Bear is awsome, I <3 Koda the best! He is so cute. :3

Tategami
October 8th, 2005, 07:26 AM
This has got to be the 2nd best disney animal movie. sadly, i think disney ran out of ideas for animal flicks. plus, i think home on the range was the last hand drawn feature if im not mistaken.

what i wish they did was go more into the middle brother's animal totem.
we know he's the wolf, but we only get a hint in the movie and proof in a mcdonalds toy.

White Wagtail
October 9th, 2005, 01:02 PM
I love Brother Bear, as I posted on another BB thread.
There are two BB threads on 'The Swamp'... shouldn't they merge into one thread? :confused:

Originally posted by Tategami
what i wish they did was go more into the middle brother's animal totem.
we know he's the wolf, but we only get a hint in the movie and proof in a mcdonalds toy.

I like the way that they gave us only a 'hint' in the movie.
I think filmmakers left room for audiences to discover.
And we can also get information of Denahi's totem from "How To Draw Brother Bear" book ;)

Kiara Serengeti
October 13th, 2005, 04:25 PM
This post is outdated, but I wanted to add comments. "Brother Bear" is a really good movie. Not the greatest, and I could live without the CGI. But overall, really good. I might have commented before...but...I'm commenting more! These are my favorite Disney animated films right now

1. Lion King
2. Lilo and Stitch
3. Lady and the Tramp
4. Bambi
5. Cinderella
6. Emporers New Groove
7. Brother Bear

mirta
October 13th, 2005, 05:23 PM
My list goes like this:
1.TLK
2.Brother Bear
3.Lilo and Stich

don?t know about others

nathalie
April 12th, 2006, 07:18 AM
Since it's about Brother Bear ...

Brother Bear II :yuck:

If someone should be interested, here are some pictures of BB 2, they look quite alright ...
But I thought pictures of "Stitch, the movie" looked alright too, untill I saw the movie itself :s

Japanese site, but just scroll a little down, and you can click every picture.

http://www.geocities.jp/pochi650127_1/brotherbear2.htm

Azerane
April 12th, 2006, 01:09 PM
It looks pretty good animation-wise. I'll probably end up watching it sometime, I enjoyed Brother Bear.

mirta
April 12th, 2006, 03:16 PM
OMG AUGFUL! They should make a law against those!! How could they do that to poor Brother Bear?! Its grooooss!

Katse
April 12th, 2006, 06:44 PM
Tug's eyes are too big and I want to see Tanana, not that sexist shawoman or whatever she is...:rolleyes:

I'll more than likely see it, anyway. I just wonder why they want to make a sequel to a movie that supposedly didn't become a box-office "hit."

Krypto
April 12th, 2006, 10:32 PM
I'll definitely see the movie. I remember the first time I watched it: at the beginning, when he's going to be blessed with some sort of aspect about himself which is greatest (or something along those lines), I remember thinking that if it were me, love would be mind. When he got the same card pulled out of the hat, so to speak, I just thought that was really cool! :cheese: I don't know... they could go lots of ways with the sequel. It seemed like the thing was tied up nicely at the end of the other movie. So, this seems like it's a whole new monster. :cheese:

Dare
April 13th, 2006, 02:06 AM
For the peeps who haven't seen 'em yet, the trailers for Brother Bear II are both on the Brother Bear Online Archive (http://www.bbear.org/). ^_^

I'd have to say Brother Bear is in my top 10 favorite Disney movies...at this point, it definitely ranks above the Lion King, but it's floating somewhere underneath Emperor's New Groove and Lilo & Stich.

Stahi
April 13th, 2006, 03:26 AM
... *flumps and raises a candle for Denahi, sighing*

..We miss ya, bud.

Kiara Serengeti
June 1st, 2006, 03:02 PM
I can't remember if I posted here before, but here goes.
I loved Brother Bear , although I wouldn't buy it myself unless I got a superb deal ....there's other stuff I'd want to spend my $$ on.

I loved the storyline. It was a little weird, but it was beautiful. The Phil Collins songs were perfect. The animation was pretty good considering Disney's recent decline. It was just a GREAT film with great characters and it was just amazing :)

Tiikeri
June 1st, 2006, 07:18 PM
Hmm, doesn't look too bad actually for a sequel...

Sharifu
July 10th, 2006, 03:32 PM
Hmm, well I look forward to seeing Brother Bear II. I'm not expecting it to be great, but I'll see it. I like Brother Bear. One of my favorites. =D

Kimbai
August 8th, 2006, 10:03 PM
I wish they didn't make brother bear two. They did accually, I saw the trailer. But I find that they ruin good movies when they make seond ones.:alone:

Sigh. I might check out the second one, but I probably won't.

Sam//x*
January 12th, 2007, 07:42 PM
Me & *Sue* LOOOVE the mooses on Brother Bear but does anybody know how to say their names ? and what personalities they have, like dumb or clever ? Neither of us own the film but we have a private joke about mooses and we need to know which of the mooses each of us is! Can anybody help :D ?

*sue*
January 13th, 2007, 06:51 PM
yes i can lol right i have figured out that you are rutt because he is a bit dumb lol and you can be blonde at times! and i am tuke (i still dont know how to say his name) lol :D

Hakuna Matata
November 28th, 2007, 10:59 AM
I really liked this film. I don't really like it's animation in parts, but this is a very emotional film.

starlioness
January 4th, 2008, 11:57 AM
Brother Bear II wasn't too bad. though it bugged me that Nita was a cross between Pocahontas and Mulan:alone: :idiot: :Ooo:

Guntur
January 27th, 2008, 08:41 AM
I love brother bear, but I love TLK more. I always think brother bear is a little 'brother' for TLK since they use traditional animation and there are some resemble between two movies, both tender and bitter moment.

But I don't really like the sequel, I always think disney make sequels aim for children since they all put for Direct-to-home video or put it into saturday morning slots.

Nit
January 7th, 2016, 11:52 PM
I watched BB recently with a friend and I cried a little. ^^' I almost forgot how much I love this movie.

I love brother bear, but I love TLK more. I always think brother bear is a little 'brother' for TLK since they use traditional animation and there are some resemble between two movies, both tender and bitter moment.
We think alike! I guess some people in Disney wanted to make another movie like The Lion King, but NOT another Lion King. I see Brother Bear as spiritual successor to TLK - these movies share some parts, you can easily spot some scenes inspired by The Lion King... but in a good way. In a way that makes me feel sentimental.

It's really sad for me that Brother Bear is underrated; almost... forgotten? There is no active BB fanbase, no merchandise, no people on social media talking "Remember Brother Bear?" over and over again like they do with The Lion King.

Oh, by the way - some time ago I even commissioned a picture of my fursona transformed into a bear. Here's the outcome: http://fav.me/d8am7lr ^^

HasiraKali
January 8th, 2016, 03:34 AM
Brother Bear is a great film. I love the music and the backgrounds are just gorgeous.

There's a small presence for the film at the parks. California Adventure has totems and a meet and greet with Koda along with Epcot (ocassionally).

s-tlk
January 8th, 2016, 08:18 AM
Disneyland in Orlando offered some merchandising (cups), but thats it. In Anaheim I didn't saw anything and even the Disney stores are empty. I totally agree that it is underrated. At least they released BB on Blu-Ray, although this version had some problems with the unexpected aspect ratio issues. I'm not talking about the sudden switch to 16:9, when Koda was transformed into a bear. I actually liked that idea.

Guntur
January 8th, 2016, 11:27 AM
Brother Bear is alright to me, I love the humor and I love the Message.

But what hooked me up with Brother Bear is the soundtrack, I really love 'em, if I ever feel burnout from The Lion King soundtrack? I would usually change it to BB.

I really love On My Way and Welcome, it shows how universal the music is with putting movie content at the same time.

I would list The Lion King, Emperor's New Groove, and Brother Bear as my favorite Disney soundtrack. :cheese: :D

------------------------------------------

We think alike! I guess some people in Disney wanted to make another movie like The Lion King, but NOT another Lion King. I see Brother Bear as spiritual successor to TLK - these movies share some parts, you can easily spot some scenes inspired by The Lion King... but in a good way. In a way that makes me feel sentimental.

Yeah, you're right. They aimed at the right target on making another movie like TLK. That's why I was hype watching it on cinema 11 years ago, I was pleased with the movie, As above it's alright because it's been 5 years since I watch the movie, unlike TLK that I can watch anytime I want on my PC.

I like when you said "Spiritual successor" for TLK, for me (IMO) it is true that they want to attract us again with similar message and animation.

Kasei
January 8th, 2016, 07:11 PM
I do love me some Brother Bear. I remember obsessively drawing bears for a while after the movie came out. There was a small fandom pocket on DA a few years back, but I have no idea if they're still active. I think the transformation scene is still one of the prettiest sequences in 2D animation. That music makes it so powerful for me as well. T_T

ThiagoPE
January 9th, 2016, 01:06 AM
[...]At least they released BB on Blu-Ray, although this version had some problems with the unexpected aspect ratio issues. I'm not talking about the sudden switch to 16:9, when Koda was transformed into a bear. I actually liked that idea.

What happened? I don't know any issue about aspect ratio in blu-ray release.

Nit
January 9th, 2016, 01:39 AM
This thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windowbox_%28film%29
http://poral.eu/screen/blu-ray_1920_1080/b/brother_bear/brother_bear_07.png

It's a great thing for 21:9 TV owners though. :cheese:

ThiagoPE
January 9th, 2016, 09:53 AM
Well, this is not an "issue" because they wanted to kept in the blu-ray the same idea saw in cinemas that " bears see wider than humans"

s-tlk
January 9th, 2016, 10:17 AM
That's true, but if I remember correctly in the DVD edition it was 4:3. They at least fill the screens to two borders. I also think they used it as a symbol that Koda got an more open mind as bear. ;)

ThiagoPE
January 9th, 2016, 07:21 PM
That's true, but if I remember correctly in the DVD edition it was 4:3. They at least fill the screens to two borders. I also think they used it as a symbol that Koda got an more open mind as bear. ;)
Acctually, that cutted the movie frame, in both aspect ratios, being more perceivable after koda transformation. I hated it, I prefer having a small frame (which can be corrected using your tv remote) than losing movie frame.

Guntur
January 13th, 2016, 01:31 AM
Hmmm, for some weird reason I didn't reply on this thread from 2004 to 2006.

No one mention Jason Raize or Denahi in this thread at all, I was expecting people would respond about His death in this thread. :(

Maybe before end of this year I will buy Brother Bear, The Lion King, and Star Wars blu ray for me to enjoy this cool animation again.

Kailash
November 19th, 2016, 06:10 AM
Yes I have Watched this movie...It's amazing.I like it.