PDA

View Full Version : why arnt there a TLK series?

Shadow
June 11th, 2007, 03:45 PM
iv thought abut that alot and the obvius answer is that the TLK series are Timon and Pumba

but seriesly..why arnt there a TLK seriues it would be most resnebul and understanding...

exmaple: Aladdin, Little Mermaied Lilo and stich, Herkeluse,

all are abut the main carecters from the movie TLK are the only one who dont have a series (if we dont count timon and pumba but as ya see Simbas not main carecter there )

i mean there are alot of offichal books and stories ya could make series on..am not saying "please make series" am just brining up the disscosion abut it becouse face it we all whana see a TLK TV show...

anyhow any ideas on why there never was a TLK TV show or why they chose Timon and Pumba to rule that section ?

imported_kiara
June 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM
cuz timon and pumbaa became such a duo that everyone loved and disney thought they would make more money doing a serie with two nutshells and jokes than the king and queen (as young or adults?) :D they're there now and then tho x)

Shadow
June 11th, 2007, 08:55 PM
well still there as said lots of things ya could have done...ehh..Mufasa and Sarabis child hood...ehhh...Kopa...and etc etc

nathalie
June 11th, 2007, 09:05 PM
With the crappy graphics they make these series in, no thanks anyway :eww:

:s

LunarCat
June 11th, 2007, 09:49 PM
^ agreed :(

but yeah I dunno, all the other characters had specific ties and history, timon and pumbaa really had none

The-Lioness
June 12th, 2007, 02:45 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?

I second that!

But yeah, I think it's like Kiara said. A Majority of TLK fans Love Timon and Pumbaa, so they probably thought they would make more money off of it, rather then having simba and nala being the main characters.

not to mention, they started the series before the second movie even came out. If they had Simba and Nala as main characters, I think it would be a little weird afterwards, not having Kiara and kovu there too. :confused:

KanuTGL
June 12th, 2007, 07:21 AM

Exactly. :eww:

And it'd only ruin the magic of the first movie (and, alright, SP too) even more... *coughTLK1?cough*

All fanfics around would also be useless if Disney suddenly decided to make up their own "true" stories of what happened here and what happened there. And knowing Disney and their "everything must be oh-so-kid-friendly"-policy today, I'd prefer the fanfics...

So no thank you =/

Shadow
June 12th, 2007, 11:26 AM
you guys arnt answering my question your simply saying id just destory the disny magic "with sucky grapics , storys and movie intermissions" if ya ask me those are just rants .

and i dont really buy thed destroy the disny magic " personly i wouldent mind if there was a series but i dont really care eather" but thats crap talk becouse of these simple reasons.

Aladdin had follow up ,"still series abut him"

Little mermaid follow up" still series"

so disney itself dont sit down and think " no we would destry the disney magic for tlk" when theyv done so with all the rest...

however that the fandom of timon and pumba toke over i can certenly belive that as a possebulety.

lol am bad at typing correct am not the slighest mad or insulted or anything even though it sounds like it sorry xP

Lucy Lioness
June 12th, 2007, 01:02 PM
To be honest, I think Timon and Pumbaa were made the subject of the animated show for comedy reasons.

When you think about it, adult Simba and Nala arguably aren't all that funny. Sure there would have been comedy relief somewhere - but I think that a series about TLK in general (like carrying on the story) would have been more serious than the show makers would have wanted. They focussed on comedy, so the obvious choice was Timon and Pumbaa. Saying that though, I kinda think that a show involving young Simba and Nala would've been cool.

I think that the Tarzan, Little Mermaid and Aladdin had more comedy potential than TLK. The Genie, Aladdin and Iago (amongst others) are all funny main (ish in the case of Iago) characters. Tarzan has the Professor, Terk, Tantor and Jane for funny characters. And the Little Mermaid is for little kids who like fishies and mermaids, lol. (I used to love that show, lol. Actually, I do still watch the Tarzan series, it's a guilty pleasure.)

Sure there was potential for comedy in TLK, but I think the people who made the show just thought Timon and Pumbaa would be a better focus. Basically = more money.

Sorry for the essay. :evilgrin:

Shadow
June 13th, 2007, 12:54 PM
hmmm as i said myself wouldent mind having the main carecters around for a seires...but Lucy have a very good point in that..witch i akshely can buy becouse it makes very mutch sense! :3 woot! thanks Lucy x3

well if ya guys think theres other reasons state em! this is not just for me i wanted to start a discussion abut it so more bring them forth x3

as far as it goes for my own i belive in Lucy s theory really becouse...i mean look at all the disney series?...witch is not focuosed on comady?...exsept for chip and dale but they didnt reside from a movie

Sadiki
June 15th, 2007, 03:59 AM
I don't think Simba and Nala are characters like Aladdin, Hercules or Ariel. It would probably be quite hard to come up with a ton of stories with them being main part of them. Of course I have always wanted to see more lions and less Timon and Pumbaa on TLK but I guess it makes more sense to have them there.

Thought there is one way I could think of them makeing a series of Simba and Nala together but that would have to set the time before the day they went to explore to the Elephant graveyard and them being as cubs so it would fit on story line. or than it could be about Simba hanging out in the jungle with Timon And Pumbaa but besides that I don't really see how they could come up with a lot of stories.

and I would really even talk about Kopa being in the series, just because it seems like after TLK 2 came out Kopa had some sort of weird sex change or then disney just decide to make him dead end of story ;)

Amaryllis
June 15th, 2007, 06:53 AM
Hmm, when you think about it, you could make series about Simba and Nala being younger. That way, there are more possibilities for Disney to give the series more comedy. Although you often see Simba or any others appear in the Timon and Pumbaa series looking absolutely dreadful.

I do get Shadows point though, Disney had loads of opportunities, but it just stays a fact that Timon and Pumbaa were more loved and the graphics of the whole series suck =P

nathalie
June 15th, 2007, 09:22 AM
There's a point Amy ... like every comic (for example in Donald Duck) is about Simba and Nala still being cubs, and getting into troubles.

Sadiki
June 15th, 2007, 05:50 PM
well I did mention that before on my post but the reason why it would be hard to fit in the story line is that everything in the series would have to happen before the day when Simba heard about elephants graveyard so the series wouldn't mess up with time line. but yeah I see what you're chasing after.

nathalie
June 15th, 2007, 06:31 PM
Look at Little Mermaid, where on earth did Eric go ?? lol
got a messed up timeline aswell

Sadiki
June 15th, 2007, 10:44 PM
Look at Little Mermaid, where on earth did Eric go ?? lol
got a messed up timeline aswell

It can be happening before that time I would think... I mean I don't see a reason why not... thought I haven't seen too many episodes of it so I wouldn't know any better.

Dare
June 15th, 2007, 11:06 PM
The Little Mermaid TV series is a prequel, the time frame being about a year before the movie. ^_^

At any rate, I don't know why Disney didn't make a TLK tv series featuring the lions, but I can't say I'm not thankful for that. Perhaps they felt that it would cheapen/detract from the films or that fans would have serious issues with possible character butchering?
Timon and Pumbaa are basically comic relief, so they're more versatile - it was probably easier to adapt them to a children's television show where stupid jokes and bathroom humor reign supreme.

starlioness
January 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM
I think a T an P was created because those characters are expendable as comic relief. and you're right . the lions aren't that funny.

not to mention if they had lions cubs whether it be Simba or Nala or possibly Kopa there'd be a lot of people doing the voices ..

also another thought. maybe they just used T and P so they wouldn't get in any more trouble with the Kimba people .:eww: seeing as there were no Meerkats (save some background Meerkats in the Jungle Emperor movie) and a recurring Warthog character. ( although there was a warthog character in one of the Kimba episodes)