PDA

View Full Version : Pirates 3

Simba_2004
May 24th, 2007, 02:34 PM
I'm surprised that no one has made a thread about this movie yet. Anyways, what are y'alls feelings about it and do you plan on see it? I know Jannali was bragging about getting tickets at midnight tonight and she wouldn't give me one so I bought my own at the 10:00pm showing tonight :idiot: I think it looks a lot better than the second one but not better than the first, the second one was really dissapointing for me and I definitely did not like it, so we shall see how the third does.

Marikunin
May 24th, 2007, 02:46 PM
I wanna see it.....and I thought that the second one was better than the first one, personally.

Dyani
May 24th, 2007, 04:15 PM
The first was very good whereas the second tried too hard on the comedy and was too fast-paced for me.

I haven't even seen the trailer for this. But trailer FTW! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=64xsqupkI3k) Hmm... to sum it up then, its a BLOW THE CRAP OUT OF EVERYTHING film.

I think I'd go only to see Depp, Bloom and Knightly... very poor. I expected more of Disney. :vitgrr:

TX-101
May 24th, 2007, 10:13 PM
Going to see it tomorrow, then i'll comment.

Simba_2004
May 25th, 2007, 06:04 AM
it was a lot better than I thought it would be. It was very well done and a heck of a lot better than the second one and imho better than the first. It wasn't too slow nor too fast, just right and the acting was really good and it was actually funny this time. I really didn't laugh during the second one but this one was actually funny. Especially the first Jack Sparrow scene, hilarious...but I'm not going to say anymore :idiot:

HasiraKali
May 25th, 2007, 06:15 AM
I saw it at 8 tonight. My only complaint was it was freakin' long. It's nearly 3 hours. The people for the midnight showing were being let into the theater as we were leaving. :lol: Cross traffic. I did like it though. That first Jack scene was hilarious. Elizabeth was getting on my nerves though. I wanted to smack her. She's always gotten on my nerves though so I expected that. I liked it much better than the second. It had a lot more character stuff as well.

Simba_2004
May 26th, 2007, 03:15 AM
she got on my nerves again as well, she keeps going from guy to guy to guy, grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. O well, should be interesting to see what she does in the 4th based on what she did at the end of this movie ;)

edit: soundtrack...
http://www.yousendit.com/download/UVJqRFFjR3NxRTAwTVE9PQ

HasiraKali
May 26th, 2007, 05:11 PM
I have a feeling that if they make more movies, the Will/Elizabeth storyline won't be there. I think it's done. I know Orlando said he'd be in more if they wanted, and Johnny said as long as the script was good, he'd be in as well. I think Kiera said no more after this one. Who knows though.

Dare
May 26th, 2007, 05:26 PM
3 hours long and I wasn't bored, so it did the job. ^_^
Interesting how the movies have gotten progressively more and more dark...not that I mind. Dark is good.
:evilgrin:

Someone needs to beat Elizabeth over the head with a frying pan. During her little speech, the only thing I could think of was "Spartans!"

Favorite line:
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness."

They left it open for a possible sequel, but I'm partial to trilogies...so I'm kind of hoping they won't make one. Word on the web is that if they do make a 4th, it'll be a spin-off. Blah.

HasiraKali
May 26th, 2007, 07:55 PM
:lol: I loved that line too. Or when Jack calls Will(?) a yeasty codpiece. :lol: I'm going to go see it again either tonight or tomorrow night, not sure yet. Can't wait. :D

Forest Freak
May 27th, 2007, 11:11 PM
Eh, my girlfriend was dissapointed, and she's a huge pirates fan.

Simba_2004
May 28th, 2007, 04:27 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TggX5jf4pTQ

one funny movie ;)

TX-101
May 30th, 2007, 08:12 PM
Becouse of certain circumstaces, it was only now when i had a chance to go to the cinema and see the 3rd part of the movie. Well, it wasn't bad. it was rather good.. but i still have to confess that the first part was the best to me. and so it still is. Too much i you have to understand in this one - too much to know and remember... But in the end it's worth it!