PDA

View Full Version : Community Advice Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Nephilim
December 8th, 2005, 08:28 PM
Well, since a few mods - and obviously myself - have noticed a drastic increase in depression or suicide-esque threads, we decided something needed to be done. At the end of the day, this place isn't a LiveJournal.

But rather than yell at you all, as you might expect of me, I present you with this... The Community Advice Thread, aka Angst-Your-Heart-Out.

So basically, rather than make a new thread everytime you feel a wee bit down, just chuck it in here. That way (to be blunt) the threads won't annoy those who don't want Lea to be flooded by them, and more people are going to see what you post. Theoretically, at any rate.

Now, everyone place nice and try to help out your fellow Lea Halaleans.

:ayecapn:

(If a Upendi mod could sticky this please...)

... "Thread transferred to "Scar's Lair."

Aurelian
December 8th, 2005, 08:32 PM
You'll have to ask Ghalati or Azzy to do it, Neph.

Twilight
December 8th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Great Idea. Although, would this go in Upendi? Or Scar's Lair?
I'm unsure... :p

:irule:

Darkslash
December 8th, 2005, 08:48 PM
Useful link for this:

http://www.golivewire.com/forums/resources.cgi

Nephilim
December 8th, 2005, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Twilight
Great Idea. Although, would this go in Upendi? Or Scar's Lair?
I'm unsure... :p

We seem to be in Upendi at the moment, don't we?

:evilgrin:

King Simba
December 8th, 2005, 08:56 PM
Ooh, good idea. :o I was hoping something like this would've been made eventually. :evilgrin:

Twilight
December 8th, 2005, 09:19 PM
Now that the obvious has been stated...

Scar's Lair was for off-topic things? Real related, most likely and above.

Upendi for compliments and spreading the word for people in Lea?
I can see how it'd go here too, kind of. Oh well... Still a wonderful idea. :D ;) ^_^ ...

Azerane
December 8th, 2005, 10:45 PM
Yay!! I stickied it! :p hehe, anyway....

I think this thread is a very good idea, and for once I'm glad I don't have anything to post here about the topic, because I don't want to be depressed, hehe.

2 Die FR
December 9th, 2005, 02:33 AM
Thank you very much Neph, this forum needed a place to put woe-is-me posts.

nathalie
December 9th, 2005, 09:45 AM
I just thought it would look better in Upendi, comparing with the sticky's we already got in there.

unregistered user
December 9th, 2005, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by nathalie
I just thought it would look better in Upendi, comparing with the sticky's we already got in there.

That conveys not much relevance. The attention is represented more in Scar's Lair. Transposition here would be more prudent than Upendi. Anyway, see a similitude at Solicitude.

nathalie
December 9th, 2005, 10:03 AM
And now in English please? :confused:

haha *lol*

ThiagoPE
December 9th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Interesting one of these days i was having a lunch discussion with my mother when we was lunching, i don?t want to make this a polemic, but i would like to share my point of view here

originally spoken by Thiago and Dioneide (Thiago?s mom)
[...]
Thiago: I perceived something in internet
Dioneiide: What?
Thiago: About six moths ago im visiting an american Lion King forum, and Im so shocked because there in this space of time, a lot of people have talked about suicide or friend that suicided, it is a thing that we never see in brazilian sites.
Dioneide: it is true, i saw in a magazine that people of rich countries comites much more suicide than people of poor contries.
Thiago: I really wanted to know why this happen...
Dioneide: I think it is lack of faith in god...
Thiago: In my opinion no, it happens because a lack of referential, because there they have everything easy, they not have a tough life like us, with a corrupt goverm that makes us work hard and earning short.

nathalie
December 9th, 2005, 12:03 PM
*hmm* "lack of faith in God", don't think that is true eather, since I don't believe, and I never even thought of doing something like that to myself.
(and my life ain't and hasn't been simple, I can tell you that)

About "in rich country's the most" don't think that is really true eather.

Only-now
December 9th, 2005, 06:58 PM
I bet he just has an open dictionary and looks up words to use in his posts. Either that, or he used a thesaurus to make himself look more intelligent, and articulate! Isn't that right?! ISN'T IT?!!!! *shakes him* just kidding *smiles* Maybe we should leave this open to its topic though..just an idea..heh

lion_roog
December 9th, 2005, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by nathalie

About "in rich country's the most" don't think that is really true eather.

Actually, that assesment may be accurate. Suicide is more abudant in the rich society than it is in poverty...atleast here in the United States. I have yet to hear of anyone I know commit/attempt suicide (Well, actually one person, but he dead now from other reasons), we all get shot or hit by cars...I guess poor people just don't want to commit suicide.

Aurelian
December 9th, 2005, 07:21 PM
Rich people think they can never have enough, while poor people never want anything. Want proof? Look at Paris Hilton or other un-talented celebreties. They have everything in the world, yet never can be satisfied.

I, myself, place little value on material wealth, as I am rich in faith and God's love, all the riches I need.

Amaryllis
December 9th, 2005, 08:24 PM
I agree totally with you Roquivo (except for the god part i have to be honest)

/Most/ rich people will never be satisfied whatsoever. But i dont believe poor people dont want anything at all, depends on how poor they are and such.
There are two sides of such personalities, the one side is the rather arrogant side (like i have my side wich says 'oh i want that! and this and that' and such)
But also your honest/sacred personality that says "hey, i have a great familie and friends and i have a home to live in with food and such, i dont need anything to be more happier"

Well at least thats my personality, i think everyone has two different 'sides' of theirselfs.

It's rather hard to explain so if someone didnt understood this post please tell me x) (is not too good in english)

Twilight
December 9th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Rich people think they can never have enough, while poor people never want anything. Want proof? Look at Paris Hilton or other un-talented celebreties. They have everything in the world, yet never can be satisfied.

I, myself, place little value on material wealth, as I am rich in faith and God's love, all the riches I need.

I agree ^^

Although, the faith in religion has nothing to do with it in my opinion. I am strictly non-believing, and my life has been next to hell- For a 9 year stretch at least- and I have never once thought of seriously killing myself. It's something that comes with depression, and people get depressed here even though they have everything they could possibly want... When it comes down to it- Dont they all want more? More friends, more things to make them happy. They can't make due with what is idly in front of them. Others, can make it, materials aren't everything to them or to me, and there's much more to appreciate if you just try and find it. A long life, is one.

lion_roog
December 9th, 2005, 08:57 PM
Wanting has nothing to do with anything...because we all want something. Rich people, especially young people born into a life of privelidge, may have a lot of time on their hands and not much to work for. When you don't have to work for anything, you don't have much to strive for unless you can create that on your own via interest in a particular thing. When people have free time on their hands, they have time to think, and when people start to think too much, they tend to get depressed. When you don't have something to work for or have to struggle, that can take meaning out of living.

Nephilim
December 9th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Oh, so now you listen to me and put it in SL. Nooow you do it!

;):hugs:

ThiagoPE
December 9th, 2005, 10:14 PM
And i said i won?t make this a polemic, look what i got.... hehehehehe

At least the majority of you are agreeing with my point

Only-now
December 10th, 2005, 04:27 AM
I think thats a little dumb to classify all rich people in that sense. ALL rich people want more? I have NO belief in that whatsoever...especially if you are going to base it off of celebrities. It seems obvious that "rich" countries would have more suicide cases because they have more time to worry about things other than food, or shelter etc. I dont think it has to do with rich PEOPLE whatsoever. They arent any different than poor people in how their mind works. Yes, money can do things to a person...but I would and do totally doubt that more rich PEOPLE commit suicide than poor ones. Not to mention, what about the middle class? It really depends on what you consider rich as well. I think there are about 9 million millionaires in the US..out of about 300 million people..and i SERIOUSLY doubt that the majority of suicide deaths come from the 9 million rich people. Not to sound mean or anything...but it is really quite naive to even consider that point. You CAN ask whether money will drive people that way, etc...but I dont think the fact of being rich has anything to do with it. Money is only material, and the choice to commit suicide comes from a person's mind, regardless of their wealth.

~Kiva

lion_roog
December 10th, 2005, 05:22 AM
Kiva, you have a point. There has been no link found between socio-economic standing and suicide rates. Women attempt suicide more often, yet men actually end up dying from it four times as much. The United States, in regards to recent reports, is 30th in the world when it comes to suicide per capita.

I thought I heard somewhere that suicide was more common among the rich...but I think, now that I think of it, that I got that confused with Chris Rock's stand up where he was talking about teen suicide...where he was talking about how he doesn't understand how rich kids can commit suicide while being so well off where as kids in poverty face much more serious situations.

Only-now
December 10th, 2005, 06:09 AM
Yeah...well, I'm not saying that your economic status can't affect decisions, or thoughts, or even actions...but I think it is a little absurd to go that far. I also thought it was starting to sound more like rich people were being blamed, or put down...which I kinda get tired of hearing.

lion_roog
December 10th, 2005, 06:23 AM
Originally posted by Only-now
I also thought it was starting to sound more like rich people were being blamed, or put down...which I kinda get tired of hearing.

Well, we poor people like rich people...I mean, who else are we going to steal from while expecting them to always have nice things?...:D

Nephilim
December 10th, 2005, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by Only-now
I think thats a little dumb to classify all rich people in that sense. ALL rich people want more? I have NO belief in that whatsoever...especially if you are going to base it off of celebrities. It seems obvious that "rich" countries would have more suicide cases because they have more time to worry about things other than food, or shelter etc. I dont think it has to do with rich PEOPLE whatsoever. They arent any different than poor people in how their mind works. Yes, money can do things to a person...but I would and do totally doubt that more rich PEOPLE commit suicide than poor ones. Not to mention, what about the middle class? It really depends on what you consider rich as well. I think there are about 9 million millionaires in the US..out of about 300 million people..and i SERIOUSLY doubt that the majority of suicide deaths come from the 9 million rich people. Not to sound mean or anything...but it is really quite naive to even consider that point. You CAN ask whether money will drive people that way, etc...but I dont think the fact of being rich has anything to do with it. Money is only material, and the choice to commit suicide comes from a person's mind, regardless of their wealth.

~Kiva

Heh, that's why I hate the way that the Bible, as an example literally screams "IF YOU ARE RICH IT WILL BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET INTO HEAVEN LOL." Well said, well said.

TakaTiger
December 10th, 2005, 06:24 PM
i myself havent found out what is so depressing about this season oO is it because its cold? oO

nafklt
December 13th, 2005, 02:31 AM
Originally posted by TakaTiger
i myself havent found out what is so depressing about this season oO is it because its cold? oO

No it's because the lack of sun brings an imbalance of horomones. Less sun makes your body create more melontones whixh makes ya" sleeply and decreases seratones which makes ya happy. But you can bring back that balance by exercising more in the winter which increases seratones and makes ya unsleepy and more happy...n'est-ce pas?:p;)

Daniel
December 14th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by nafklt
No it's because the lack of sun brings an imbalance of horomones. Less sun makes your body create more melontones whixh makes ya" sleeply and decreases seratones which makes ya happy. But you can bring back that balance by exercising more in the winter which increases seratones and makes ya unsleepy and more happy...n'est-ce pas?:p;)

erm...... O_o

what? :confused:

A-non-a-mus
December 14th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Heh, that's why I hate the way that the Bible, as an example literally screams "IF YOU ARE RICH IT WILL BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET INTO HEAVEN LOL." Well said, well said.

well, accually, 'job' was very rich 'david' was very rich 'solomon' was very rich... in fact there's many stories in there involving the rich being christians and therefore going to heaven... and looking through it, I have found absaolutly no passage that even suggests that... ehm.. could you tell mne which part it is that you are reffering to? ..

(I'm not trying to be rude or contradict what you are saying, I'd just like to know what part of the bible suggests that...)

TakaTiger
December 14th, 2005, 05:58 PM
so thaty y ive been so tired! bah! winter sux =\

unregistered user
December 14th, 2005, 06:20 PM
IF YOU ARE RICH IT WILL BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO GET INTO HEAVEN
Means If you rich and use your money for your self then you Impossible to go to heaven. If you rich and you use the money to donate or use the money to help one of another that's mean you are rich of good deeds.

A-non-a-mus
December 14th, 2005, 06:38 PM
I understand the words, yet it's not true, the rich can get to heaven just as easily... and so far have found no passage that suggests otherwise...

Edit: if anyone knows of any or sees any passage, please be sure to post it.

Linkie
December 14th, 2005, 10:29 PM
I really didn't know where to post this :(
Someone's hacked on my msn account ! And changed my password,so i cant get on
I can't get on ! So i got a new email address !
My cousin and my friend is talking to her,and they said i signed in when i was on my other account and they told me and i was like WTF ???
I really don't know what to do ,Kala told me they said there name was Samantha,they are my enemy (wtf),and is on simbapaws .org ???
I reall dont know what to do:alone:

EDIT:Managed to change password,but im still freaked at who it could be :gasp:

Aurelian
December 14th, 2005, 11:33 PM
Create a new MSN account, copy over your contact list, and tell everybody that you changed your e-mail, and to block + delete your old one.

King Simba
December 14th, 2005, 11:41 PM
^ Yeah, and also make sure your new password isn't too easy to work out. It's obvious whoever did hack into your account that they obviously found out what your previous password was so try and make it more private--probably something that applies to you.

This Land
December 15th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Also, this works for me

eg password - mouse
mis spell it - mowse
capital at beginning - Mowse

Normally works for me :D

Daniel
December 15th, 2005, 08:27 PM
so THAT is your MSN password

i've been trying alsorts to try and gain access to your secert robot design files :p

lion_roog
December 15th, 2005, 10:37 PM
This may help with the Rich people getting into heaven thing.

http://www.biblestudy.org/question/richkgdm.html

ChildOfThePride
December 16th, 2005, 01:14 AM
I need to talk to someone. Can someone please IM me (on Yahoo)? My name is thegrippersrock.

Daniel
December 16th, 2005, 10:57 PM
added you, and talking to you now in fact ;)

Suki
December 17th, 2005, 06:43 AM
Um, if someone passed away, do I talk about it here then?

Nephilim
December 17th, 2005, 09:14 PM
You do indeed.

A-non-a-mus
December 20th, 2005, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
This may help with the Rich people getting into heaven thing.

http://www.biblestudy.org/question/richkgdm.html

right... thanks for providing the verses, I have gone over the passage ... and from what I see is, 'it's hard for a rich to get into heaven' not because they're rich but because it's too hard for them to let go of what they own as in 'put the lord before all possessions... the poor have little or nothing, so therefore they have little or nothing to worry about leaving behind... the rich have lots, therefore they have lots to worry about leaving behind... therefore it's harder for the rich to focus on the lord...

Simbaspirit
December 22nd, 2005, 08:12 PM
i was just gonna say that^:D

A-non-a-mus
December 23rd, 2005, 06:26 PM
Well I said it first :irule: :diva: :p :idiot:

Simbaspirit
December 23rd, 2005, 06:31 PM
:grrr: not fair...:D

Tiikeri
December 24th, 2005, 02:14 PM
I'm gonna leave Lea for a while, dunno when/if I'll be back but I'll let you know when/if I am.

Until then...

Daniel
December 24th, 2005, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
I'm gonna leave Lea for a while, dunno when/if I'll be back but I'll let you know when/if I am.

Until then...

i'm sorry to see you leaving :( but if thats what you want to do, i wish you all the best :) :hugs:

LunarCat
December 24th, 2005, 05:08 PM
hurry back Tiki! :hugs: you will be missed

King Simba
December 24th, 2005, 07:58 PM

Until then...
Take care and I hope to see you return soon. :hugs: Hope you have a great Christmas and New Year and I wish you the very best.

This Land
January 1st, 2006, 11:24 PM
I have just found out through a conversation with my mum and stepdad, that my Grandad most likely has dementia. One of the Main Symton of dementia is memory loss, in where he/she can remember things that he has done 30 years ago, but cant remember things that he has done a day ago. I am getting really worried because it has already lead him to be confused and cannot remember even was he done on christmas :(. His faciel expressions are very flat, meaning like his face doesnt ever move, it just stays still. And he has already became quiet confused, my mum was just telling me of a thing that happened about a week ago where he got up, got fully dressed and started to make Breakfast at 3:00am, and he wasnt sleep walking or anything :-(. He also cant remember things like what he got on christmas etc.

And just this alone is getting me worried sick because if things gets to the worse, he will not ever be the person he always is, he will change complety and may not even remember who his family is. This may not happen though until very later on or it could happen in the next several months, it all depends how worse it develops.

He is physicaly very well. He plays golf 3 times a week and is still very strong, but his mental status is not that good.

Im just worried sick, and these are only minor things that have happened to him:-(

Simbaspirit
January 2nd, 2006, 03:14 AM
awww, *hugs TL* thats gotta be so hard:tears:. i guess the best thing you can do is to be nice and patient with him, though it must be really hard for you, having a relative that doesn't remember your name. im really sorry.

This Land
January 2nd, 2006, 11:56 AM
Thanks Simbaspirit, he still does remember my name etc. He stills rembers quite alot of things but, he starting to forget things that he even done yesterday. Whats worrying me is that it is most likley to get worse so he does forget who people are etc. :-(. It could take a years, or it could takes Months.

A-non-a-mus
January 4th, 2006, 11:57 AM
@ This land: I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa... I know that must be tough to go through...

@ Tiikeri: what do you mean? what happened to make you feel sick of everything?

Tiikeri
January 4th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
@ Tiikeri: what do you mean? what happened to make you feel sick of everything?
It was nothing, it's all been resolved now (: Thanks for replying anyway ^^

Katifa
January 6th, 2006, 10:06 AM
[[edit: accidentally posted a half-done rant about how my life sucks... bear with me and I'll have the whole thing done before long]]

This Land
January 31st, 2006, 06:30 PM
Well my day today was very interesting

I had one mega asthma attack :(

I have never had asthma in my whole life until now, and it was really bad.

I couldnt hardly breath i almost collaped in collage and i had to be rushed to hospital where i had blood tests and oxygen.

The treament they used to relief my breathing normally works in 1 dose, i had to have 3. Even the nurses where puzzled, especially when i said i have never had asthma before.

I was also put on liquid and Tablet Steriods.

So today has just been a very terrafiing day, and one hell of a scary experience. I am still a little shanken up ,but that is fading away now.

SIMBAtheENIGMA
January 31st, 2006, 07:48 PM
Sorry to hear that Mate'h! :hugs: I have alota friends that have asthma, even my Grandfather has it (hes 93 now). I hope your alright

Tiikeri
January 31st, 2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by This land
Well my day today was very interesting

I had one mega asthma attack :(

I have never had asthma in my whole life until now, and it was really bad.

I couldnt hardly breath i almost collaped in collage and i had to be rushed to hospital where i had blood tests and oxygen.

The treament they used to relief my breathing normally works in 1 dose, i had to have 3. Even the nurses where puzzled, especially when i said i have never had asthma before.

I was also put on liquid and Tablet Steriods.

So today has just been a very terrafiing day, and one hell of a scary experience. I am still a little shanken up ,but that is fading away now.
Oh yes, that does sound bad. It was like that once when I had a major chest muscle spasm, and I couldn't breathe, and yeah, it's scary as hell. Even though I was suicidal at the time, I still feared for my life, which kinda quesions my suidical-ness :E but meh.

Glad you're ok TL (:

This Land
February 1st, 2006, 07:48 AM
Im alot better now, thanks you guys :hugs:

Im still a bit weezy now and then but nothing major now, i just have to stick to my medication :). Doctor and nurse's say i have to take another 1 or 2 days off collage to stop another major attck until my medication settles in

SIMBAtheENIGMA
February 1st, 2006, 07:50 AM
Glad to hear you on the mend :cheese: :hugs:

This Land
February 1st, 2006, 08:17 AM
Thanks Man :hugs:

Stuff happens i guess eh :)

SIMBAtheENIGMA
February 1st, 2006, 07:27 PM
Yeah, and as my Grandpa always says to me, ok ok and i know everyone knows this already *hehe* but "what ever doesn't kill you makes you stronger" :bleen: he should know ^^ But yeah, things do happen in life buddy, and we just gotta work through 'em.

A-non-a-mus
February 1st, 2006, 07:49 PM
... I may not be well...

I'm thristy 24/7 ... I've begun to drink gallons a day... I can't eat any more....

I don't know what's wrong.. I'm not dehydrated... My diabetic numbers are normal.... I can't eat.... I just can't.... I've begun to force myself to eat a bit once a day... like a carrot or something... but that's forced... it shouldn't be...

I really never knew the feeling of full... that may have something to do with it... (disease related)

the other day I was shaking uncontrollably...

I feel drained completely... I feel faded... I wish I knew what's wrong...

Azerane
February 2nd, 2006, 01:18 AM
A-non-a-mus, I'd say the best thing you could do for yourself right now, is to go to the doctor. Find out what's causing it. If you don't eat, you're just going to get worse. Hope you start feeling better soon though.

SIMBAtheENIGMA
February 2nd, 2006, 06:39 AM
Yeah go see a Doctor mate'h. I hope your alright , I had a friend who couldn't eat when we went on a 4 week camp with the school He ended up in hospital on a drip... I hope you get to the bottom of this soon, its not normal thats for sure. Sorry to hear this mate :( :hugs: Keep up posted.

unregistered user
February 2nd, 2006, 07:07 AM
oO Anon. I'd get that checked out pronto. You could actually be dehydrated even if you don't feel like you are. Drinking too much water could be dangerous. Similar to what happened to me a week ago. I was severely dehydrated - it's just something that happens during the winter months. You may need your electrolytes checked (sodium, potassium, and chloride). An elevated increase in orange juice, bananas, potatoes; might help stabilize your condition (medical treatment is best because my personal opinion isn't nowheres near sufficient/efficient enough). Now as far as to why you cannot eat, that's more than likely related to your drinking dysfunction. Do you intake caffeine?

GWS.

:hugs:

A-non-a-mus
February 2nd, 2006, 04:38 PM
well... I did see the doctor... he told me to eat, but only little at a time and few times a day... as he said my body was most likely rejecting solid food, due to not accually eating much... If I eat too much at once I would die... he also mentioned it due to me being too far underweight with too high a metabolism rate...

On the drinking part, he told me it is probably the diabetic for the most part... though he did say it may be dehydration, however unlikely... for the most part it'd be my a1c being almost twice that of normal level (last I had it checked mine was 11.1 whereas 6.0 is normal)

He did mention that I probably needed potassium and beta-carotene... (for that he suggested canelope as they contain more of both than do bananas and carrots) also he said I need vitamin b12 (found in meat or soy beans...) and oranges (or orange juice)

as for the shaking, he said it was a seizure of sorts... may or may not have been diabetic related...

as for caffene; well I do drink sodas, but that's about it.... I don't drink coffee...

Thanks for your comments, Azerane, SIMBAtheENIGMA, and Sonkakee...

SIMBAtheENIGMA
February 2nd, 2006, 07:25 PM
I hope your get better soon mate... :hugs: *ties a get well soon ballon around your paw*

Simbaspirit
February 3rd, 2006, 03:20 AM
get well soon!!!*hugs*

A-non-a-mus
February 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM
thanks guys :hugs: I'll do my best

an update: Well, I won't be put on a drip in the hospital... that's the good news... the bad news is: Though I am on the road to recovery, I may never regain a good hydration point.. (meaning I'm likley to get dehydrated easily...) unless I get out of dry heat and return to somewhere with humidity ... (and yes, it was because of florida that I get so dehydrated out here :p )

oh, I am also to expect the seizures every now and then... (found it may be heat related too... can't wait til summer :roll: luckily won't be here during summer though)

eating once again can only be solved in time... may, may not, eat much anymore...

Thanks again all for taking the time to read these ;)

Simbaspirit
February 9th, 2006, 06:13 AM
no problemo *hugs* maybe you should move???

Juniper
February 10th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Spent last night in the hospital, nothing I really want to talk about. I'm okay, I may be going away for a bit, but I'll be back eventually.

Dijesolo
February 10th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Wow! Is it something bad?

SIMBAtheENIGMA
February 10th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Hope your alright, nothing too serious then?

Simbaspirit
February 10th, 2006, 10:18 PM
*hugs* ok

Utora
February 11th, 2006, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by pntbll248
Spent last night in the hospital, nothing I really want to talk about. I'm okay, I may be going away for a bit, but I'll be back eventually.

I hate the sin, not the sinner.

I am sorry that it came to this, and you know how I feel.
As I said, there are other options but one chooses death?
The paradox is; I cannot say I didn't wish for this, for my speech contradicts it, but I did not wish for it this way, directly.
In the end -

I just cannot believe you did it under my name, for my instinct tells me this is your cause of illness. Me.

I do not feel guilty however. I didn't force it against your will. I am just shocked.

Sombolia
February 11th, 2006, 08:21 AM

Gahhhh. Be safe, dude, I'd go insane if anything happened to you.

Juniper
February 11th, 2006, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by Utora
I hate the sin, not the sinner.

I am sorry that it came to this, and you know how I feel.
As I said, there are other options but one chooses death?
The paradox is; I cannot say I didn't wish for this, for my speech contradicts it, but I did not wish for it this way, directly.
In the end -

I just cannot believe you did it under my name, for my instinct tells me this is your cause of illness. Me.

I do not feel guilty however. I didn't force it against your will. I am just shocked.

Utora, under no circumstances are you ever to contact me again. You did wish for this, Utora, you cannot deny that. Don't you worry though, you aren't the cause of all this, you're merely one of a few catylists. But as I said before, you will never contact me again, and that's all I have to say to you.

nathalie
February 11th, 2006, 01:32 PM
I hope nothing serious happened, and I really hope you'll be better soon, and that you'll feel much better !

Simbaspirit
February 14th, 2006, 01:13 AM
um, ok. i hope you'll be back on your feet soon, pnt.:hugs:

Utora
February 24th, 2006, 11:37 PM
I am not in a good position. It has alot to do with death threats, explosives, stalkers, private property, guns, stealing a vehicle and my name. First let me state I didn't kill anybody or harm little ones in any way here - at least, I think not. BUT - I did take the vehicle. :lol:

At the same time I go to Russia in about 7 hours. The police are thinking, "Culprit found - culprit fleeing country." along those lines etc etc.

Also they've disocvered some stuff of mine - nothing too promising for the politcal junkees out there and now they want to take me in. Mental lab I donno' but what I'm saying is if I dissappear between now and the end of March for no explained reason, just know it's because I don't want to be in jail that I'm gone. I'll probably make it to Russia without them inquiring me, but once I'm over there I don't think it will be any better from what I'm being told.

Am I scared? More than I've ever been in my life.

:evilgrin:

Ravincal
February 28th, 2006, 11:18 PM
In 7-8 days I'm going through an operation, my ribs are actually going to be breaked out. (Not out of the skin of course). Well, the actual reason is, when I was a kid, I was really FAT! Then suddenly I began growing at a EXTREME rate, so my ribs couldn't follow me, so now it looks a little like my ribs have been pushed back into my chest (You can't really see it THAT much yet, but in time you will).

So... Yeah I'm pretty much VERY scared.. :( Well though I'll be on morphine the first week (I have to stay at the hospital for a week), then I'm going home and HOPEFULLY I will live with the TERRIBLE pains in my chest.

I am DEAD nervous! ;(

Utora
March 1st, 2006, 03:22 AM
I'm praying for you Rav. :hugs: I'm terrified of surgery myself. You just have to remember, they know what they are doing, and they'll make sure everything is alright. I'll try to see if I can call you on your operation. Hang in there. :hugs: :)

Xinithian
March 1st, 2006, 05:05 AM
Originally posted by Ravincal
So... Yeah I'm pretty much VERY scared.. :( Well though I'll be on morphine the first week (I have to stay at the hospital for a week), then I'm going home and HOPEFULLY I will live with the TERRIBLE pains in my chest.

I am DEAD nervous! ;( Did the doctor mentioning anything about pain in breathing after the surgery? I've had my vocal chords worked on, and it hurt a lot whenever I would swallow... but I can't imagine how it would be like if it hurt whenever I would breathe. Hang in there, though, in the end it will be worth it. Also, they're not working on any organs (or at least from what you said), so there should be no difficulties during the surgery.

Totally random, but a good reccomendation for you is to not listen to any of your favorite music in the hospital. It may seem strange, but from what I've experienced, when you listen to a song when you are distressed or in a bad situation, all you can think about is that time when you were distressed when you hear the song again afterwards.

Dijesolo
March 1st, 2006, 01:38 PM
I'll be away that week as well, I'm going to stay there. It's located 3-4 hours from where I live and no internet or anything.

You can do it Rav, just believe in yourself, when it's done you will be VERY happy! Promise.

Azerane
March 1st, 2006, 05:01 PM
In 7-8 days I'm going through an operation, my ribs are actually going to be breaked out. (Not out of the skin of course). Well, the actual reason is, when I was a kid, I was really FAT! Then suddenly I began growing at a EXTREME rate, so my ribs couldn't follow me, so now it looks a little like my ribs have been pushed back into my chest (You can't really see it THAT much yet, but in time you will).

I am DEAD nervous! ;(

Hope it all goes well for you Ravincal, and you'll have your brother there to support you :) Take care and make a swift and full recovery. Best of luck :hugs:

lion_roog
March 2nd, 2006, 04:50 AM
Goodluck, Ravical. Stay strong, dude.

unregistered user
March 2nd, 2006, 04:51 AM
*sigh* I really don't like to use these advice threads too much, but I need some comforting or something right about now..

I'm going home for Spring Break Friday (I'll have internet there, so I'll be able to keep in touch still ;P ). Now for most people would be like; What's wrong with that? Well, here's what..

I have a growing and sinking suspicion that my siblings hate me, my older ones mind you, my younger siblings love me to death heh. My two older sisters though.. everything they do seems to be a sort of attack against me. They constantly try to turn my parents against me. Saying how spoiled I was when I was a kid and all. And I've admited to them and nmow here as well, among other places, that I was spoiled. However it has stopped, has stopped for quite a long while now, but my sisters fail to see this somehow.

They hate me because they're jealous of my parents love for me? I'm not sure, but one of my sisters is extremely manipulative and has screwed me over so many times it's really depressing to think about. My oldest sister is different, she thinks she can flat out tell me whatever to do whenever she wants to. But that's not what is the worst at all, the worst part is that they want me to be something I am not, and refuse to be, sad thing is that my parents are with them on it.

They want me to be interested in mechanics, carpentry, sports. They expect me to get high and drunk, smoke, do illegal activities.

This is not me.

I hate almost all sports, I find them pointless and boring, save for a select few. I know nothing, nor care to learn anything about carpentry or mechanics. I did use to smoke and drink.. a LONG time back, but haven't since. Besides smoking and drinking under age now and then back in middle school, I've never done anything illegal.. I'm a law abiding person, breaking laws doesn't make sense to me, and the fact that they want/expect me to disturbs me. I don't know.. basic classic personification of an American guy, is what they want me to be, but I refuse to fit into their standards for me.

I really hate going home, and college has indeed become my haven from all of the stupid problems I have at home. There's more to it tha tthis, and I know this 'problem' isn't as big as others in this thread, but it's still something that concerns my heart and soul almost entirely, I actually dread to go home.

lion_roog
March 2nd, 2006, 04:58 AM
That sucks dude. If I was you I wouldn't let it bother me, I'd just let them (your sisters) do what they want. And if anyone wants an explanation about who you are and all...I'd just tell them "I'm my own man, I make my own decisions, you just have to accept me for me."

unregistered user
March 2nd, 2006, 05:48 AM
Thanks Roog, sadly they just refuse to do so =/ ah well

Amaryllis
March 2nd, 2006, 05:24 PM
Well the only advice what i can give you, is to organize this sort of meeting with both your parents and your siblings. And really talk and try to work it out. And you tell them how you feel about it, and let them do they word aswell. Everyone needs to know exactly how you feel and whats going on. That is how i would do it, and i think it really c?uld work. Im sorry to hear this, and i hope it'll turn better for you soon. =3

Only-now
March 2nd, 2006, 08:08 PM
I guess I would let them know how you feel, but may I ask...do you HAVE to go home for Spring Break? If you dread going there, then don't go. In fact, you NEVER have to go back if you don't want to...maybe some time away from you..as in a few years, will give them some time to get used to "you" as an "adult". I guess that sounds a bit harsh, but being in college, and being an adult brings all those things with it. You ARE your own person. regardless of what even your family says...because sometimes they aren't right. Thus, you don't have to stay close to them, visit them, abide by what THEY think is right for you, etc. You are on the right track with your life, and maybe they can't handle it...so if they cannot, yet they still try to change you, then FORCE them away from you so you do not have to deal with it. Just a thought, that's all.

~Kiva

Utora
March 2nd, 2006, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by This Land
Well its simple really,

Do I Quit Collage

over the last month i have been finding collage really hard, its really getting to me and i dont think i can take anymore.

First off its the corse itself, its blooming hard, and the fact that i think its hardly got to do with engineering at all in my opinion. I get handed piontless assignemnts every hour and its really annoying. The amount of student support i get is complete ****.

Next is the students, I Have about 3 decent friends there who dont mind me for my interests (TLK), but then there is about 20 other Tw*** who always treat me like complete ****. And the problem is, they are always with me every lesson, and its pretty hard to ignore them.

I just need advice in should i really quit it, because at the end of the 2 years i do get a "National Diploma in engineering with applied robotics".

So im just really stuck in what to do

You'r going to hit work, life, everything like a roller coaster. You'll have highs, and you'll have lows. Sounds like you're in a low right now. Why are you at college? Is it for the people? If not, then you've answered the first part well. Yes the students make inflict a character to your atomosphere, which in fact may influence your studies. However you have to be willing to block them out and look onto what is more impotant ; your education. Learning is not a destination but a journey. You have to keep going every day - it never ends. Which isn't bad mind you. Learning is life and in the mordern world, learning is imprisonment and to be away from it is freedom because of atomospheres as you describe.

Engineering. My dad had a fit with that when he was much younger. It's going to seem useless now, idle and invalid. But it's like this ; learn it like you use it and use it like you learned it. Some time down the road you may become interested in a career that requires the knowledge you're obtaining now. You won't have that liberty to say, Hey I can do this! because you've got to go back and learn. Keep going, keep learning and pess on is my advice. Ignore the peer pressure, learn and grow always and don't give up. If you ever need any help, don't be afraid to ask.

Once it's over - you'll feel like a hero. :cheese:

Juniper
March 2nd, 2006, 10:45 PM
I've thought about it, and I've noticed that I am completely different from who I was. Even up until two months ago, I had self-confidence, understanding of individual's situtions, tried not to judge people, and all that. Now, though, all that is just... gone? I don't know, but it's not there. A while ago, I could debate almost any argument (both online and off); now, if someone even respectfully disagrees on the smallest issue, I feel personally hurt and sad. My self-confidence has turned into self-hate. I used to think logically, but now I jump to conclusions without thinking it through.

I've been thinking a lot lately, maybe too much for my own good. I think about meaning in life and all that, but thing I think about most is death. It is part of almost every thought, and as more than a few on MSN can vouch, it's part of quite a few conversations. To be more specific, I think about my death; I'm not suicidal anymore, not those kinds of thoughts, but more of a matter-of-fact sort of thing. I wonder when it'll happen, how it'll happen, if I'll get a chance to do A, B, C, etc... that I've always wanted to do. I'm afraid, as well. I also think about my insignificance; the more I think about it, the more I realize it. I've decided that I, as a single person, am completely worthless; my hopes, hates, sadness, happiness, accomplishments, and failures just don't matter. That's what hurts me the most, that I am (or think I am) completely insignificant, or expendable. I try to counter those thoughts by telling myself they aren't true, that ever person is significant and all that, because a part of me still thinks that, but it's usually no use. Sometimes I have panic attacks as well, and every so often, I feel a bit like normal, and I'm able to make a comment here or there that's... me, but those times are few and far between.

What adds salt to the wound is that I'm being treated by a professional psychologist and it's really not doing much good. Not to be a drama *****, but this is ruining my life, and what else is there to do? A psychologist is usually considered a last resort, outside of a mental institution; when that last resort is exhausted, what do you do then?

Really, I don't see the point of this post; there's really nothing to be done about the issue and I try to keep my problems off this forum, but for some reason I was compelled to say how I feel, and I did.

lion_roog
March 3rd, 2006, 03:48 AM
Sorry to hear that, Pnt. I guess maybe you feel that way when someone debates or disagrees with you is because you take your opinions and views to heart. So when someone disagrees and such, it is taken more personally. And, in my experience, thinking too much or letting yourself dwell on your thoughts for too long is never a good thing. that's why I always try to keep my mind occupied with things, whether it be studying, conversation, playing ball, etc because my mind is always on...and if I let it wonder it'll come across things that I don't really care to think about too much.

Juniper
March 3rd, 2006, 03:55 AM
Sorry to hear that, Pnt. I guess maybe you feel that way when someone debates or disagrees with you is because you take your opinions and views to heart. So when someone disagrees and such, it is taken more personally. And, in my experience, thinking too much or letting yourself dwell on your thoughts for too long is never a good thing. that's why I always try to keep my mind occupied with things, whether it be studying, conversation, playing ball, etc because my mind is always on...and if I let it wonder it'll come across things that I don't really care to think about too much.

Through what I've gathered so far (Remember, even I don't know myself completely), the fact that I'm so sensitive lately, and my personality change as a whole, has come from the sheer stress of some serious mental things that I need to get sorted out as soon as possible. It's like everything's interwoven, and it all leads back to my insignificance, mortality, and hate for myself; it's taking its toll on me, and that's why I just can't stand the stress of debates right now (and tend to stay out of them). The problem is, these are all very deep questions and issues, and frankly, things I shouldn't be concerned with at this point in my life. But that doesn't change the fact that I am and that it feels like there's so little to be done to help. I just feel helpless, ya know? I've tried covering it up, that doesn't work either. Even when I go to get help or talk or whatever, I feel like crap because I think I'm just "Whining", so when I make an attempt to improve, I tear myself down as well.

This Land
March 3rd, 2006, 07:22 AM
You'r going to hit work, life, everything like a roller coaster. You'll have highs, and you'll have lows. Sounds like you're in a low right now. Why are you at college? Is it for the people? If not, then you've answered the first part well. Yes the students make inflict a character to your atomosphere, which in fact may influence your studies. However you have to be willing to block them out and look onto what is more impotant ; your education. Learning is not a destination but a journey. You have to keep going every day - it never ends. Which isn't bad mind you. Learning is life and in the mordern world, learning is imprisonment and to be away from it is freedom because of atomospheres as you describe.

Engineering. My dad had a fit with that when he was much younger. It's going to seem useless now, idle and invalid. But it's like this ; learn it like you use it and use it like you learned it. Some time down the road you may become interested in a career that requires the knowledge you're obtaining now. You won't have that liberty to say, Hey I can do this! because you've got to go back and learn. Keep going, keep learning and pess on is my advice. Ignore the peer pressure, learn and grow always and don't give up. If you ever need any help, don't be afraid to ask.

Once it's over - you'll feel like a hero. :cheese:

Aww, thanks so much Utora :hugs:
That truly means so much to me :hugs:

What is bugging me about collage, isnt just the people and students, its the actual course i am doing. You see im a very practical learner, i learn through "hands on" activities. And the course i am taking is too much paperwork. So ive decided to quit collage but still carry on my education and get a decent qualification through a apprenticeship, which is alot more pratical :)

Pnt - Im sorry to hear this dude, you just have to be yourself, and think think what is right for you, i wish i could say more but unfortunaly im not that good on mental health etc, i dont really know what is feels like.

But i just hope for the very best for ya man and that things improve :hugs:

Sharifu
March 7th, 2006, 02:26 AM
Hi everyone... I'm posting at a library computer right now... And I walked all the way here. (The library closer to my house is being rebuilt) I don't work tonight, so I thought I would go.

I have some bad news. Some of you may know that my laptop is pretty bad. I can't get it to charge and my dad wont pay to fix it because I'm working right now. (But I need all the money I can for the Europe trip this summer, that's why I got this job in the first place) So, I've been using my dad's laptop after he gets home from work. But his laptop starting having the same problems as mine. One morning he couldn't sign on to his account and he was screaming at me in the morning that it was my fault and at first I didn't even know what he was talking about. He said because I used it last it's my fault there's something wrong with it. He took it some where to get it fixed but now he says I'm not allowed to use it anymore. I started yelling at him, and I said to him, "How am I supposed to talk to my boyfriend?!" (STM) And he said, "I don't care if you can talk to your boyfriend!!!" Talk about being heartless... I HATE my dad. I hate him. Everyday I get more and more unhappy living here. Going online and talking with you guys would always make me happy. Without the internet at my dad's house, I'm so bored... I rarely see my friends here anymore, so that's why going online makes me so happy. So I'm letting you guys know, I don't know how often I'll be online anymore... :( I'm hoping my dad over time will let me use his laptop again. And of course I'll go online for a little bit while I'm at school. (I go to school two days a week right now)

I know this sounds silly but I love you guys. :hugs: Take care... The library is closing soon... I guess I'll call a friend and walk to the mall. (Since it's near by.)

Utora
March 7th, 2006, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Hi everyone... I'm posting at a library computer right now... And I walked all the way here. (The library closer to my house is being rebuilt) I don't work tonight, so I thought I would go.

I have some bad news. Some of you may know that my laptop is pretty bad. I can't get it to charge and my dad wont pay to fix it because I'm working right now. (But I need all the money I can for the Europe trip this summer, that's why I got this job in the first place) So, I've been using my dad's laptop after he gets home from work. But his laptop starting having the same problems as mine. One morning he couldn't sign on to his account and he was screaming at me in the morning that it was my fault and at first I didn't even know what he was talking about. He said because I used it last it's my fault there's something wrong with it. He took it some where to get it fixed but now he says I'm not allowed to use it anymore. I started yelling at him, and I said to him, "How am I supposed to talk to my boyfriend?!" (STM) And he said, "I don't care if you can talk to your boyfriend!!!" Talk about being heartless... I HATE my dad. I hate him. Everyday I get more and more unhappy living here. Going online and talking with you guys would always make me happy. Without the internet at my dad's house, I'm so bored... I rarely see my friends here anymore, so that's why going online makes me so happy. So I'm letting you guys know, I don't know how often I'll be online anymore... :( I'm hoping my dad over time will let me use his laptop again. And of course I'll go online for a little bit while I'm at school. (I go to school two days a week right now)

I know this sounds silly but I love you guys. :hugs: Take care... The library is closing soon... I guess I'll call a friend and walk to the mall. (Since it's near by.)

I'm sorry you will be gone Sharifu, or indisspossed. You will be missed. However - I am more sorry that you hate your father. Sometimes people act out in anger above all things, and yes this is wrong but as you can see it creates a barrier between even loved ones, and family members. I don't know about you and your father's background, but honestly I think before you lay concern to the internet you should go to your father. It's a suggestion, not an order. I only suggest it because I desire to help, and though we don't talk doesn't mean I don't care about you individualy. Hopefully you see as to what point I'm getting at.

Sharifu
March 7th, 2006, 05:31 AM
No, my father's a jerk and I have felt this way for years and years. Plus the way he has treated my mother, makes me feel this way even more... :mad:

(My laptop is on right now which is surprising me, I can't get it to charge though, so who knows how long it will last)

If I could go to a school like this where my mom lives, I would much rather live with my mom. My dad just makes me more and more unhappy the longer I live here.

lion_roog
March 7th, 2006, 05:46 AM
Your Dad bugs me, Audra...some of the things he does ain't cool.

This Land
March 7th, 2006, 09:52 AM
So so so sorry to hear this Sharifu, It must be hard going through what you are going through, especially when you cant have that much contact with your mates and your boyfriend :(

I hope so much, that things get better and you can be back online as soon as possible :hugs:

Tips for laptop
- Do the Magic blow on the laptop connections, not too much though. and proberly a very very tiny bit a moisture with it aswell.
- Big computer businesses charge you loads to get it fixed, go to a small company or even look for computer rep[air advertisements in the newspaper etc. they normally charge less as they are in competition with the big businesses
-slightly shake the laptop, if any ratttling is going on , definalty somthing has broken off inside, if it isnt that means its just a loose connection and can be fixed somtimes if you just "wiggle" the power plug into the power socket into the laptop.

beside that there is nothing else i can suggest without taking the cover off the laptop :(.

Again i hope things improve and you get back on track :hugs:

A-non-a-mus
March 7th, 2006, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by This land
proberly a very very tiny bit a moisture with it aswell.

:gasp: nonono... never 'wet' the connectors of a computer...

I'm not as familiar with the way laptops go too much... but I do know that problem usually comes around after a time... it's pretty common... the main solution that jumps off the top of my head would be the battery needs replacing... however, I did find something that speaks a little of this kind of a problem... I hope it helps

Battery life is special subset of power problems that has as much to do with poor designs as actual component failure. The older NiCd batteries were particularly susceptible to "memory" issues. If not full discharged after every charging, the battery cells begin to remember their previous charge level as a new maximum, and some individual cells may even reverse polarity while the batteries are being charged. Ni-MH (Nickel Metal Hydride Battery) which replaced NiCd (Nickel Cadmium) for standard models are somewhat better, but they can't fight poorly designed charging circuitry or bad software controls. All laptop batteries, whatever the shape, consist of a number of low voltage cells connected in series to reach the required operating voltages. You can rebuild a notebook battery (it voids the warrantee) but it's usually not cost effective

It pays to go online and read the owners manual for extending the life of the battery in your particular laptop model if you didn't do so when you obtained it. Some older notebooks require that you cycle the battery continually, only working on AC power for as long as it takes to recharge the exhausted battery. Many newer models want you to fully discharge the battery around once a week, but otherwise don't care about leaving it plugged in the rest of the time, and newest designs don't care what you do as long as the laptop actually gets run on battery for a reasonable percentage of the time. If you think your battery is running down too fast, make sure you have enabled the aggressive power saving modes in software (usually accessed through Control Panel or the manufacturers icon) which dim the screen, slow the CPU, and let the hard drive spin down when unused. Also, keep in mind that the level of estimated battery life remaining that causes an onscreen alarm can be set by the user, and if your default setting is very conservative (between 10% and 20%), you may want to experiment with a lower level (between 3% and 5%) that will still give you time to save your work and shut down before the laptop goes into hibernation.

I hope you get your laptop working properly again...

Utora
March 7th, 2006, 08:21 PM
No, my father's a jerk and I have felt this way for years and years. Plus the way he has treated my mother, makes me feel this way even more... :mad:

(My laptop is on right now which is surprising me, I can't get it to charge though, so who knows how long it will last)

If I could go to a school like this where my mom lives, I would much rather live with my mom. My dad just makes me more and more unhappy the longer I live here.

I know what that is like, stories from my mom. Like this one, it's funny actually ; My mom had an older sister, Theresa. Their father got cancer from cigs amd ended up dying in a hospital while my mom was about ten. Their mother was basically a ***** and would bring home individual men at night from this bar she went to. While she was at this bar, the three, my mom, Joe, and Theresa sat in the car all day, and they'd send the youngest , my mother, out to beg peeps for food. It wasn't a sob story, but they'd think of her as a cute little girl and give her some snacks and she'd return to give them to her siblings.
The guys my mom's mother would bring home were no better than their mother. Theresa was about 15, a little older than my mother. My mother's mother married one of these men from the bar and my mom hated this man. At the time, my mom didn't know he was mollesting Theresa, but it makes sense now, especially why my aunt Theresa is a lesbian.
My mom tried to feed her step father a can opener in his peanut butter and jelly sandwhich. You know, a 10 year old trying to kill someone; they don't think like a terrorist.

In all - from those stories I know how one can come across to hate or resent their father. So, if the situation with you and your father is in any way a bad one, I understand how you feel. My advice isn't to feed him can openers, but you are twenty and maybe it's time you really took a stand. My brother Nick tried standing up to my father when he was about 17, and they got into a fist fight. ((He's not a bad father, Nick was rebellious at the time)) Not that Nick won or anything but - be careful if you do stand up to your pops - you might loose your chicklets. Hopefully it doesn't become a physicall issue, but to me it sounds as if your father still treats you like a teenager. Maybe he needs to understand that you're not.

Sharifu
March 8th, 2006, 09:38 AM
Oh I stand my ground with my dad. It never gets physical though, thank god... (And it shouldn't, I mean he's way taller then me and weighs a lot more then me) But that should be obvious.

Yeah, he still treats me like a teenager for some things, and other things he doesn't. I'm going to be 21 next month.

TakaTiger
March 8th, 2006, 05:20 PM
i know how ya feel, all me life, my parents have treated me like a kid... even today... they ***** at me when i go across the street at night :o its pretty sad -.-; and they will stop at nothing to find some way to limit my internet time

Utora
March 8th, 2006, 05:32 PM

I am DEAD nervous! ;(

Today is his day for the operation. I ask that prayers and words of encouragement go to him - he's very scared. :(

Kovu The Lion
March 8th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Today is his day for the operation. I ask that prayers and words of encouragement go to him - he's very scared. :(

As do I,

Pray, Or DIE :die: :roar: Okay maybe I'm kidding.

maybe i'm not :evilgrin:

OKay I am

But I told the guy to be brave and strong, he'll be fine ^^

~KTL

A-non-a-mus
March 9th, 2006, 06:57 PM
Oh I stand my ground with my dad. It never gets physical though, thank god... (And it shouldn't, I mean he's way taller then me and weighs a lot more then me) But that should be obvious.

Yeah, he still treats me like a teenager for some things, and other things he doesn't. I'm going to be 21 next month.

There's lots of fathers like that... most will still treat you as a teenager far into your adulthood ... some because they don't want to see their daughter/son grow up so fast.. others still want to be 'in control' type... while others, just try to get your attention... some just have an odd way of showing it...

Most times you can get them to see you as an adult just by clarifying to them that you have come a long way from when you were young and you can take care of yourself... and most importantly that you do still respect them as your father/mother...

then again there are rare cases where they just don't care... ...but if that were true why hasn't he thrown you out of the house yet?

Sharifu
March 9th, 2006, 11:45 PM
He threatened to kick me out of the house many times.

And I'm a good person, I don't cause any trouble, so it's not like there's a good reason for him to do that.

I respect my mother, but not my father. I mean I wont be mean to him or anything and if he talks to me I'll talk back.

But I can't stand him. He is the rudest, cheap, most arrogant, cocky, selfish, sexist, racist and homophoibic man I have ever met. :grrr:

This Land
March 10th, 2006, 10:16 AM

I know, he told me how nervous he was on MSN. I had quite a few long chats to him.

I give the highest of hopes and wishes to Ravincal, i hope he is going to be ok.:hugs:

A-non-a-mus
March 10th, 2006, 08:19 PM
He threatened to kick me out of the house many times.

And I'm a good person, I don't cause any trouble, so it's not like there's a good reason for him to do that.

I respect my mother, but not my father. I mean I wont be mean to him or anything and if he talks to me I'll talk back.

But I can't stand him. He is the rudest, cheap, most arrogant, cocky, selfish, sexist, racist and homophoibic man I have ever met. :grrr:

by your words he certainly sounds evil... yet then again I have never met or witnessed this person... so it would be unfair for him if I only looked one sided... Still... you say he's 'racist, sexist, and arrogant'? ... somehow, I'm glad I never had met him... those three things are some of the things I hate the most. ... the arrogance part reminds me of a verse accually...
Matthew 23:12: "For whoever exalts him/herself will be humbled, and whoever humbles him/herself will be exalted."

I don't want to go into a rant on how much I dispise people like this though... I'll just leave it with 'I can't stand people who are like that...' *sigh* I don't know what to say... the only thing that comes to mind would me 'time and distance'... perhaps if he doesn't see you for a while he'll come to think of you under a better light.

Fire_Hazard
March 11th, 2006, 05:37 AM
I just need advice on what I should do.

Well, Spring Break is here for us. TWO WEEKS OFF! WHEEEEEEEE! BUT, I feel as if I don't want to go home, back to my mom's place. Almost every time I go there, she complains that she does everything in the house when all she does is drives me home from rugby practice and drops off my younger brother at gymnastics. She is always in a (Pardon my language) ****** mood and it always ends up in a shouting match between how I should run my life and how I never do anything around the house (Believe me, I do plenty). I don't want to shout back at my mom because she is a pretty good screamer. I end up going to my room, crying and measuring to see if my desk would fit through the window. I try to regain my composure to playing drums to Christian stuff. And then there's my mom's boyfriend who is a total jackass when he comes home from work (He's a truck driver by the way). He is telling me that schooling is the best years of your life. (For him, maybe. It's a lot different from when your growing up). I understand that getting a good education is good an' all, but I don't need to hear it from a guy who's full potential is a truck driver for a construction company. I feel like my shoulders are pushing up too much and then one more rock after another keeps getting added, until I finally break down and regain my composure.

My dad is totally cool. He is so much more calm than my mom. He is laid-back, but not so laid-back that I don't do anything. His house is like 10 min from my mom's. I just go there if I have problems with my mom. I was thinking of permantely moving there. But, I've built up a pretty good lifestyle at my mom's, but she is on my nerves. I am a good guy. Ask Noodle, for example. Ask Kiara. I don't know what I am doing wrong. This lion's fire is getting dim.

I just want to relieve stress that has built up in my life.:alone:

Tiikeri
March 11th, 2006, 09:20 AM
He is the rudest, cheap, most arrogant, cocky, selfish, sexist, racist and homophoibic man I have ever met. :grrr:
Wow, he could get a job at Primark.

I hope you can get away from him soon Fu :hugs:

A-non-a-mus
March 11th, 2006, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by Fire_Hazard
I just need advice on what I should do.

Well, Spring Break is here for us. TWO WEEKS OFF! WHEEEEEEEE! BUT, I feel as if I don't want to go home, back to my mom's place. Almost every time I go there, she complains that she does everything in the house when all she does is drives me home from rugby practice and drops off my younger brother at gymnastics. She is always in a (Pardon my language) ****** mood and it always ends up in a shouting match between how I should run my life and how I never do anything around the house (Believe me, I do plenty). I don't want to shout back at my mom because she is a pretty good screamer. I end up going to my room, crying and measuring to see if my desk would fit through the window. I try to regain my composure to playing drums to Christian stuff. And then there's my mom's boyfriend who is a total jackass when he comes home from work (He's a truck driver by the way). He is telling me that schooling is the best years of your life. (For him, maybe. It's a lot different from when you're growing up). I understand that getting a good education is good an' all, but I don't need to hear it from a guy who's full potential is a truck driver for a construction company. I feel like my shoulders are pushing up too much and then one more rock after another keeps getting added, until I finally break down and regain my composure.

I just want to relieve stress that has built up in my life.:alone:

hmmm... well, you could inform her of

Matthew 7:3: "And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?"

Basically: look at yourself, and I shall look at myself.
As for the one whom claim 'schooling is the best years' you might want to inform him that things have changed since he was in school... also rememberk kindness out-does anger at every turn. When next she yells at you speak politly, speak gently, and don't let her words get to you. In that way you'd be more the adult than she at the moment. Bye the sounds of it she builds up her frustrations and problems, bottling them up inside. Like a shaken can of soda. Everyone needs to vent their troubles out somehow, to releave the pressure and stress. She, by the sounds of it, chose you to be her outlet, her drain, for the bottled anger.

The best way to releave your own stress is probably find some activity... like drums... some object to be the drain to your own presure... Don't follow your mothers example and use another person as that vent.

I hope for the best for you.

Tiikeri
March 27th, 2006, 10:27 PM
Ok this thing is a little late arriving, if you wanna know why then ask me. And if STL tells you otherwise about this then he's wrong ok?

Long and the short of it, I don't have lung cancer. I did get a letter from the NHS (National Health Service) telling me I had cancerous lungs, but also I got another letter about a fortnight later telling me they'd made a huge mistake with the results and I'd got some 80 year old's results and he got mine. Yes I know you're all thinking "BS" but yeah, I just thought I'd come clean about that, perhaps a little late but yeah. So far I've only told Sharifu and KTL about this, but really you should all know. I guess some of you may have had you're own doubts and whatnot, but this is how it really happened. Again, if you wanna know why I never told anyone until now, then ask me.

Oh and I posted in here because it was the most appropriate place rather than making a new thread which I didn't really wanna do.

Daniel
March 27th, 2006, 10:29 PM
well thank god you're alright :)

Azerane
March 27th, 2006, 11:50 PM
That's great to hear Tiikeri, good to know you're in good health :)

Bahati
March 28th, 2006, 05:22 AM
What a huge relief to hear you're doing alright, Tiikeri.

Kovu The Lion
March 28th, 2006, 06:56 AM
Ok this thing is a little late arriving, if you wanna know why then ask me. And if STL tells you otherwise about this then he's wrong ok?

Long and the short of it, I don't have lung cancer. I did get a letter from the NHS (National Health Service) telling me I had cancerous lungs, but also I got another letter about a fortnight later telling me they'd made a huge mistake with the results and I'd got some 80 year old's results and he got mine. Yes I know you're all thinking "BS" but yeah, I just thought I'd come clean about that, perhaps a little late but yeah. So far I've only told Sharifu and KTL about this, but really you should all know. I guess some of you may have had you're own doubts and whatnot, but this is how it really happened. Again, if you wanna know why I never told anyone until now, then ask me.

Oh and I posted in here because it was the most appropriate place rather than making a new thread which I didn't really wanna do.

told you it was the right thing to do, so far no one seems to be really mad at ya =) *Hugs* Its just really releaving to hear that you are doing okay as I said on MSN earlier today =3

~KTL

Nephilim
March 28th, 2006, 04:13 PM
*snerk* The NHS just win, they really do.

Tiikeri
March 28th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
*snerk* The NHS just win, they really do.
The shower of shoite they have at the NHS couldn't get pissed in a brewery. They did the same thing to my Grandad, except the other way round, they told him he didn't have cancer, then he died of cancer.

Makes you worry for the future generation if this is "quality" health care :E

lionloversam
March 29th, 2006, 03:19 AM
Well, both my sisters have their liscence and they are both younger than me. I have had this long time fear of driving that I am just starting to get over. Now I want to get my liscence, but I still have some fear that is holding me back. I don't know where this fear is coming from but I want to get over it. I never really want to drive on the highway though. I had this fear even before the major car accident I was in a few years back. :alone:

TakaTiger
March 29th, 2006, 03:56 AM
hakuna matata, im there with you, im still workin on me permit, i refuse to go out into the street til i got 1st gear down

unregistered user
March 29th, 2006, 04:31 AM
I rejected my license a few years back. And then again on 2003. Though I passed both the written and driving exams that were required by law, I just rejected the license before I actually got it. Being in 3 major accidents in my life is 3 too many. All never occurred when I did drive. But the effects on me were profound. So now I rely on pooling, biking, or walking. I did a few session talks with a therapist not long ago; it helped out a lot, but it didn't cure me. Only I can do that. I don't require driving at this time: because I have enough family and friends to help me out of that aspect of my life (although I do a little local running, hehe). I would suggest therapy, if anything, it's a start. Because if you can't get over your fears, they'll eat you alive, no joke.

Xinithian
March 29th, 2006, 04:40 AM
I have a fear of parking. I suppose my peripheral vision isnt the greatest, which is why I've had two embarassing parking accidents, all of which occur on the passenger side of the car. That's why I want a smaller car... it would be easier to judge the distance of the car from objects.

As far as tips, do you have your permit yet? All I have to say is just get out there and drive, the more you do it, the more you get used to it. When you're driving or parking, never feel rushed to do anything because that's when accidents happen.

nathalie
March 29th, 2006, 07:55 AM
I'm scared being in a car ... One of the reasons I haven't got my license yet.
Also, I had 2 major accidents ... I am terrified of what other people do, so in others words, I probably don't trust all other people riding their cars when I'm on the road :s

And also, I just don't have the vision for it ... I just can't see that I'm in between the white lines, haha

However, I know how it works, there's a huge parking lot nearby, where I practiced, hehe

Eva Janus
March 29th, 2006, 12:06 PM
I'm just plain lazy. :p I still haven't got mine yet but probably will have to real soon, seeing that I'm almost 19... But I do have a slight fear of driving. I don't know why though. I've never been in a real accident though (maybe a little fender-bender thingie) and so I don't know where the fear would come from. I'm not sure what to say to ya to help or encourage other than "hang in there and do your best." I hope you're able to overcome this fear though. :fini:

Kiara
March 29th, 2006, 12:46 PM
I really can't see myself on the highways either, but I soon have my license, on monday I'll do this writing part, then I'll just have some driving lessons more on the highway (which will be simple, 'cause I've been driving there a lot while driving through a couple of big citys) And then it's this parking thing but I can park a car good, so I don't think that will be any problem. My teacher says I'm driving too slow all the time ^^ But I'd rather drive slow, and not fast, 'cause cars are scary.
I hope you can come over your fear anyway...a little at least, and that you can have your license if you really want to. Just because I have a car (crappy audi xD) and license doesn't mean I'll drive every day, probably just when my dad force me to the store. It's driving me nuts ^^

So please hold your thumbs on monday my writing part will go well ... :eek:

Kovu The Lion
March 29th, 2006, 01:34 PM
what is an NHS xX?

Bahati
March 29th, 2006, 02:44 PM
National Health Service. Tiikeri mentioned what the acronym meant in an earlier post.

Only-now
March 29th, 2006, 02:57 PM
I am about to get my liscence tomorrow actually, and I waited quite a while. The best thing you can do, is to drive, and to practice. I started out when I was 17 I believe, and I have been driving on my learner's since then. I wasn't that nervous when I began, but I am so much more comfortable now. The best thing you can do is be aware, pay attention to what your parents have to say, (I dont know if it's required there) but take Driver's Education. That will give you some Behind the Wheel experience, to add on to regular driving with your parents.

Really, the freeway is not the scariest, or worst place to drive on. Country roads, and residential roads are much more dangerous. They are narrow, have many more threats to look out for, and have stop signs and signals. The freeway has much more space, no stopping, no pedestrians, etc. So really, it is a safer place to drive in terms of the liklihood of an accident.

Basically, you just have to realize that driving is realtively essential to the world today. Especially in the U.S where there is a lot more space, and things are spread out etc. It really isn't as scary or dangerous as you think. Just know your stuff, be defensive, and you will do fine.

~Kiva

Cobalt
March 29th, 2006, 03:43 PM
On the lines of encouragement, it's a thing of having self confidence. I know, easier said then done. I won?t dispute the fact that being on the roads today make for a scary prospect. A lot of motorists will pretty much eat you alive if you let them smell blood in the water. I for one hate driving for these reasons alone, but I live a kind of solitary lifestyle and it's a necessity for me. I'm one of those people who doesn?t like moving anywhere if I can't directly see it myself. (i.e. I hate backing up using my mirrors, since I can't see things directly.)

As far as tips go, same as Xinithian said. Practice makes perfect and all that jazz. Best of luck to everyone who's doing this.

Krypto
March 29th, 2006, 03:58 PM
I remember how driving used to seem like a big deal. It's amazing just how tiny of a deal it is now (at 20 years of age)! :cheese: As has been said before, just get your license and start driving and you'll be doing fine. I haven't gotten into any major accidents because I almost always go the speed limit and keep my eyes peeled, so that's probably led to my sense of comfortability with driving. And don't let those road tests scare you! When I was in drivers ed, I hit so many cones! :lol: Outside of class, I haven't hit anything! :cheese: Just jump right in there and don't be afraid! :cheese:

Only-now
March 29th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Well, for one..you aren't supposed to be backing up with just your mirrors...lol...maybe that is why you dislike it so much? You are ALWAYS supposed to actually look behind you, etc. (as long as that is possible)

I have done perfectly fine with everything related to driving..and I have to tell you...there is not much to be afraid of. You can't really say you dislike, or won't do well at something, etc etc, unless you have tried it first. The key goal is for YOU to be a great driver, and thus you will avoid accidents, and tickets. It IS possible to go through your whole life without an accident, as long as you pay attention and obey the rules.

You just have to look at it logically. The safety, and practicality of driving far outweigh the risks and that is why people continue to make it an everyday thing...which you should be able to do as well just fine. :)

Nephilim
March 29th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Merged.

lion_roog
March 30th, 2006, 03:48 AM
Hmm...driving can be intimidating when you first start out. People here have given some good advice. One thing I suggeest is practice Defensive Driving (unless you're on the freeway, then it's a free for all...:D ) I didn't get my license until I was 20 years old because I couldn't afford it until then...and it was probably a good thing to wait...you're a lot more matured and all at 20 than 15 or 16, so I think you may be ready, but that's up to you to decide....sometimes, all it takes is just getting yourself a little more confidence and all.

lionloversam
March 30th, 2006, 03:52 AM
Thanks for the tips, everybody. We will see how things go when I get my learners for the third time. :hugs:

EDIT: And it seems to me, I do lack self confidence in alot of stuff. So that is one thing I definately need to work on.

Kiara Serengeti
March 31st, 2006, 02:18 AM
I had another seizure today...my second since end of December, and third in 6 yrs...at 4:00 am. I didn't realize it, but my mom heard me...I have an alert monitor in my room and when I came too I had the worst stomach sickness. Not any ordinary sour stomach...I mean, REALLY sick. My stomach was in knots. I felt like crying but I could barely even move. I just wanted to vomit and vomit. I was scared. Why does life have to be such a bowl of sh&t sometimes???? I've felt like crap all day, and now I can't go riding [horses]!! Because I have a dermatology appointment tommorrow that was supposed to be today 'cept I had that friken seizure!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't know how much more I can take!!!! I've been taking anti-seizure med, but it doesn't work. So I'm depressed, learning disabled, epileptic, and angry. Oh, thank you for letting me rant. I just feel so angry and discouraged. I know lots of people have it worse, but why do people have to suffer so much?

Sombolia
March 31st, 2006, 02:26 AM
ATTN: Community Advice Thread (http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6898)

lionloversam
March 31st, 2006, 02:26 AM
I have been on anti-seizure medication most of my life. I take tegretol (spelling?). Maybe you should talk to your doctor about different medications to control it. I don't know your complete situation so that might not work. I can barely remember what my seizures were like. It has been a while since I last had one. I remember them being like a phase of complete loss of brain power/cognitive capabilities. For example, I could be holding my shoes right in front of me and be told to put them on and I would say something like "where are my shoes?".

EDIT: I can't believe I forgot to say this. I hope you feel better/get better soon.

Utora
March 31st, 2006, 02:31 AM
I don't know a cure for seizures, but I can empathize with depression. The vomitting and the illness - I'm living it right now. The best thing you can do is find a sanctuary. I see you love horses, as do I and if you're a fanatic, they are an outlet for your anger and depression. So, taking that away does nothing to help.... but knowing that cannot be amended you need two things.

1 : A good and quiet place for you to be yourself.

2 : Someone to talk to.

I understand my depression differs from yours, greatly. In this case I'm seeking to kill and inflict pain on people and siblings. You are in a state of self anger, and inflecting anger, self doubt, questioning, confusion, and all lost hopes upon yourself. That is the worst thing to do. I would love to talk with you elsewhere - if you'd like to you can contact me on one of my messangers. As for the medication, I'd inform anyone above you. Parents, doctors - the works. They may , in the end, not be able to help. You know talking helps the mind and soul in ways you can't imagine.

ChildOfThePride
March 31st, 2006, 02:53 AM
Sorry to hear that.

When I was in eighth grade, my shunt (an apparatus that drains fluid from my head to my shunt) dislocated itself or something, and I had to get it replaced. I went in for brain surgery two weeks before a class trip to a theme park I LOVE. I was really, really lookin' forward to going.

But I don't let my hydrocephalus get me down, and you shouldn't let your epilepsy (?) get you down, either.

To Somby: Helpful advice first, thread placement next. The last thing a depressed person needs is someone telling them "hey, add to this thread instead of starting your own".

Sombolia
March 31st, 2006, 02:56 AM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
To Somby: Helpful advice first, thread placement next. The last thing a depressed person needs is someone telling them "hey, add to this thread instead of starting your own".

Somehow I got the feeling someone would say that. Sadly, I have no helpful advice to give, so perhaps pointing her in the direction of people that do is the next best thing.

Kiara Serengeti
March 31st, 2006, 03:13 AM
Thanks for everyone's support. I just don't know what to think anymore...I guess I just need to sleep, and I've been seeing a therapist--as "crazy" as that sounds to some people, it helps. I think I just need a good night's sleep and some time to think. I know my problems will never be a closed book, but I feel good, just getting everything out.

ChildOfThePride
March 31st, 2006, 03:19 AM
Originally posted by Sombolia
Somehow I got the feeling someone would say that. Sadly, I have no helpful advice to give, so perhaps pointing her in the direction of people that do is the next best thing.

And the people that are capable of helping her are able to read this thread as well.

If you didn't have any helpful advice to give, then you shouldn't have posted in the thread.

That's all I'll say in the matter.

Juniper
March 31st, 2006, 03:37 AM
i don't what advice i need what direction but I'm screaming for help. I'm going to start killing on the drop of a hat. i can't stop my anger it's going somewhere and there's going to be corpses. I'm hungry I'm tired I'm angry but I'm focused on one point and i wish someone would just tell me what I'm looking for...I need help..the better side of me is admitting it and the darker side is laughing and withdrawing the gun. I hid for a good week and a half....but i can;'t do that i hurts...someone just help. for the love of everything holy..i need some help and i can't find it...

I'm no doctor, but if you want my advice, which I think would be good to follow, I'd take the magazine of the firearm if it's a slide-action, walk outside, and throw it as far as you can. If it's a revolver, I'd take the chamber and do the same; that'll keep you from doing anything you'd regret. If you don't think you're stable enough to do that, then I'd get as far away from a weapon as posssible. Then, and I'm saying this as a friend, I'd suggest contacting your local emergency services and telling them the situation; there's people that can help, and they know how to handle these issues. I'm asking, and pleading, that you calm down, take a couple deep breaths, and distance yourself from any weapons and get some help. It'll be alright, bud, and it'll all work out, but you gotta be calm and take the right steps. The right steps at this point in time are to get away from the situation and get some help from people who know what they're doing. I'm on MSN if you need me; we can talk and work through this.

If it's less severe than what I've come to understand thus far, then I'd suggest still taking some time to calm down, and go read a book. Yeah, that sounds dumb, but it'll get your mind off your troubles for a bit. Then I'd suggest talking to someone who's there for you (Again, I'm available on MSN) and going from there. Either way, this is going work out just fine as long as you take the steps to get help; either from a professional or a friend, depending on the severity. We all need a bit of a helping hand sometimes, bud, I know I do right now, and we're here for ya.

Kovu The Lion
March 31st, 2006, 03:44 AM
Originally posted by ChildOfThePride
And the people that are capable of helping her are able to read this thread as well.

If you didn't have any helpful advice to give, then you shouldn't have posted in the thread.

That's all I'll say in the matter.
and also a person who is down or depressed doesnt want to hear people telling each other off so

stfu plz. Thanks

Sombolia did what was right, that thread is THERE for a reason.

Sombolia
March 31st, 2006, 03:51 AM
Mmm, thank you KTL.

CotP, please don't try and start an arguement with me. Let's just drop this, yes?

That thread is there for a reason, I was merely pointing it out.

Aurelian
March 31st, 2006, 04:16 AM
Enough. Sombolia, I am glad you are trying to help and I beloieve you believe you are doing the right thing, though you could have been a bit more polite about it. However, there is a big difference between needing general advice and being severly ill. Kiara is looking for medical help, not a shoulder to cry on. I believe she may have made a post about this before that I am going to search for, however, I wouldn't feel right myself merging this with general advice unless requested by Kiara. If another mod/Admin feels differently, then so be it.

I don't want to hear anymore on the subject.

Kiara, getting seizures that often can be a sign of brain tumors. If you haven't already, get yourself checked ASAP. Good luck.

This Land
March 31st, 2006, 07:46 AM
So sorry to Hear this :(
Must be a big bummer to have this kind of illness.
My brother was epilectic and the Army Had to discharge him (Cant really have a epilectic solider) and the the army was basicly his life. After he got discharged he was depressed as hell and didnt know what to do.
But he started to go into other work instead such as Secrutity and bodygaurds for famous people etc. During the 4 years he was doing this new work he didnt have no more epiletic fits and he proven to the Army he was fit enough to come back in because he grown out of his epilsey and he is now currently plannning to get back into the army.

The reason for me telling this story is a way to say no matter what happens to you, you always will find a way around bad things like what you have. You will become just as sucsesfull as you always wanted to be when you come out at the other end :hugs:

I really do hope that you you do get better :hugs:

Nephilim
March 31st, 2006, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by Sombolia
ATTN: Community Advice Thread (http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6898)

Thnx babe. ||Merged||

Sorry to hear this Kiara. I know a lot of people with epilepsy with varying severity (some have up to ten or so seizures a week), so it does suck a lot. I'd definitely suggest getting hold of an epipen, if you can.

Kiara Serengeti
March 31st, 2006, 03:09 PM
Thanks, everyone, for the additional advice. I've only had three seizures in 16 years (that'd be my whole life)--but it's still hard. I had my first one at age eleven, was in the hospital over THANKSGIVING because I fell down and hit my head. Then, this past Christmas (2005 of course), I had another, right after Christmas day :( . Then, just a day ago, of course, I had another one. Every time I have one I'm as sick as a dog and I feel like my stomach is eating itself. :( This, combined with my anger management problems (I'm not violent, but I have a fine temper :eek: ) and my learning disability, makes me feel kind of down sometime. I know lots of people have had it worse, but I just need a sympathetic ear, maybe even some advice....and I just needed to get it all out.

P.S.: Somby, it's okay you needed\wanted to merge the threads, you were just doing your job. :hugs:

Tiikeri
March 31st, 2006, 08:35 PM
Sorry, posted this in solicitude by mistake so I had to move it :E

I have a question, well, it's not exactly a question, it's more of an event that happened that I want your opinions on.

Ok what happened was this, it's 21:10 over here. It's the end of the week and I've finished work until Monday, when my supervisor phones my house and asks if I can go into work tomorrow and Sunday and work 9-6:30. I was really pissed off that he actually called me and wanted me to work 7 days, then going back to work on Monday and doing another 5, making 12 days straight. So I just said "No, I've done my work and I've made other plans for the weekend" so he just went "ok, thanks anyway" and hung up. And I was left really annoyed by the fact he rang me, I can't even get away from them in my own house! And I thought it was rude and inconsiderate of him. And I've heard stories that he does it to others too. So do you all think he's being rude or am I just getting all worked up over nothing?

Aurelian
March 31st, 2006, 10:42 PM
Your getting worked up. As an employee, you have a responcibility to the business. That means being willing to catch openings when othjer people get sick or have emergencies. Your boss has to do whatever it takes to get things working right. Of course, since you did make other plans, there was nothing wrong with saying "no". He can't force you to come in on your days off. Also, your boss has responcibilities as well. If he continues to have such a shortage of workers that he needs to make people work 7 days a week, then he needs to look into hiring more employees. he is solely responcible for the health and safety of you and your co-workers, and has labor laws he has to follow.

For the record, some employees look to pick up extra shift if they want the money, and have nothing better to do. I just jumped from 5 to 6 days a week(part time to full time), at my own request.

Juniper
March 31st, 2006, 10:50 PM
I have to disagree, I don't think you have any responsibility to that company outside of the hours you're scheduled to work. My boss tries to pull that crap with me all the time, and with as much as I care about him, I'll tell him that I'm scheduled when I'm scheduled. Now, if it's a matter of 600 people showing up on a minimum staff day, I'll come in as a personal favor, not because it's my responsibility. I'd be a bit annoyed, personally, because you have a life outside of that career, and you shouldn't be waiting for every beckoned call of your employer. Unless that's in your contract, or job description, such as a doctor, EMT, firefighter, etc...

Tiikeri
March 31st, 2006, 10:52 PM
I didn't make other plans, I'm just not sacrificing my days off for the sake of spending two more days at a hell hole like Primark, and not getting a day off for 12 days.

But that's not my beef, I'm annoyed at the fact that he phoned me at home, if he'd have asked me when I was already at work then it would be a different story. But he phoned me at home when I was relaxing and wanted to get as far away from work as I could, I just found it really rude and inconsiderate.

Aurelian
March 31st, 2006, 11:10 PM
That is the kind of attitude I fire people for. Nobody HAS to sacrifice their days off, but as a supervisor, I want the kind of employee that takes pride in what they do, not the kind that work for the sake of satisfying their parents and looking good for their girlfreinds. People like that do nothing but hold down the business and make things difficult for everybody else. I want dedicated and loyal employees who won't hesitate to help out when needed. I want employees who wnat to work their way to the top of the chain, not ones who are going to skip out when they get board of the job. I want employees who are willing to sacrifice days off when we suddenly find ourselves short on staff for unexpected reason, not one who will make up excuses to avoid extra hours. If someone wants to say no to me, that's fine. I will find someone else, or pick up the shift myself if I need to. However, the person who continually covers for others when they are unable to work will be promoted and raised much quicker then the one who doesn't.

Tikerri, if you dislike your job enough to call it a 'hell hole", then you ned to get out of their. Find somthing that suits you better.

Juniper
March 31st, 2006, 11:24 PM
Thanks for the lecture; however, I still don't think a person is obligated to fill in for another; it's their job to do their job when they're scheduled, not when the boss calls them at home and says it's time to come into work. I do my job for the money, and I do it damn well, but not because I like being there. I don't like hearing a bunch of hicks with airguns call me a "Fag", "Idiot", or "Jerk" all day, lie to me, and treat me like crap. I don't like coming home covered in bruises every single day, I don't like arguing with the enraged mother because her kid got kicked out, I don't like that people ask me if they should go through with their upcoming marriage, I don't like that people get violent with me on a regular basis, I don't like having to direct the safety of hundreds or even thousands of people at a time, and I don't like going 12-14 hours without a lunch break sometimes; I do it because it pays well, both the job itself and the tips I get from private groups. When I come in to work outside of my schedule, I do so because I care about my boss and I have his back, I have no responsibility to CO Paintball Inc. to be there when it's not on my schedule.

Edit: Now, if there's a matter of a very annoying instance where my boss calls with short notice and needs me, such as giving up my Thanksgiving Day to go ref a special private group, I'm gonna ask for just compensation. To me, that would mean being allowed to cook a bass I catch in the company's pond and him giving me some extra gas money to get to the park, as well as my normal pay. He usually doesn't have a problem with that, so it all works out, but it's actually more of a matter of respect than me wanting to cook a bass. Regardless, I still feel no obligation to the company, and if I'm not scheduled to work and I don't want to, I'm going to say no.

Tiikeri
March 31st, 2006, 11:27 PM
Woah Roq, calm down son. You're missing my point entirely. I DO do overtime, I do loads and loads of extra hours (purely for the money obviously) and I offer to do it too, so you can't say I'm a slacker, because I'm only contracted to 20 hours a week, yet most of the time I do closer to 40.

But anyway, that is NOT my argument. My argument is the rude and inconsiderate way that I was asked, by way of phoning me when I was at home, I have contracted hours, I'm not on call. That is why I'm annoyed, if he'd have asked me at work, I'd have still said no, but because I do other things at the weekends, and I wouldn't have been so annoyed because I was there at the time and he could've asked me then, he saw me often enough. Yet he chose to phone my house at 9pm to ask me, and that just annoyed me, just because he doesn't have a life outside work it doesn't mean I don't either.

And yes, I'm getting out of there as soon as I find somewhere else.

Aurelian
April 1st, 2006, 12:11 AM
I'm not going to even TRY to debate your job, Pnt. :lol: Being a Paintball referee is a whole nother ball park then a resturaunt employee. I have no idea how things work there.

However, Dani told me that his business is a clothes retailer, not much different. Dani, the reason your boss called you at home is because it was a last minute thing even for him. He didn't know he would be short staffed untill minutes minutes before yohe called you, I'm sure. I'm pretty cetrtain being rude wasn't his intention. It's pretty sad that your boss thinks so lowly of an employee working twice their weekly time. Yeah, you definatly need to get out. And again, there was nothing wrong with saing no. We all need R&R. If you work as much as you say you do, then you have nothing to worry about.

BYW, I am perfectly calm. Sorry if I seemed excited. ;)

Tiikeri
April 1st, 2006, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by Roquivo
Dani, the reason your boss called you at home is because it was a last minute thing even for him. He didn't know he would be short staffed untill minutes minutes before yohe called you, I'm sure.
Just one thing though, my supervisor doesn't work weekends either ;) he's weekday like me. There are different staff assigned to different days. And at the store I work at, the supervisors aren't in charge, the Management are. So what will've happened most likely, is that Piotr (my supervisor) will have been given some extra hours to give to normal staff from the management, and it makes him look good if he can get rid of them all. And he probably just realised on his way home that he still had the hours left, so he just rang round seeing if there were any takers. Woe betide any supervisor who can't get rid of overtime hours! So yeah...

lion_roog
April 1st, 2006, 12:42 AM
I have to disagree, I don't think you have any responsibility to that company outside of the hours you're scheduled to work. My boss tries to pull that crap with me all the time, and with as much as I care about him, I'll tell him that I'm scheduled when I'm scheduled. Now, if it's a matter of 600 people showing up on a minimum staff day, I'll come in as a personal favor, not because it's my responsibility. I'd be a bit annoyed, personally, because you have a life outside of that career, and you shouldn't be waiting for every beckoned call of your employer. Unless that's in your contract, or job description, such as a doctor, EMT, firefighter, etc...

I agree, you are only obligated to work the shifts you are scheduled to. But a manager, etc has every right to request that you fill in for someone else...and he/she should respect the fact if you don't want to fill in for whatever reason. And as an EMT, Firefighter, etc...I think you are actually paid for the hours that you are on call. The way they do it here in Tucson is that someone works three days, and is on call maybe one or two days they don't work at the hospital I work at. And for this dude who was a Paramedic, he would be on call for half a month, and off the other half.

That is the kind of attitude I fire people for. Nobody HAS to sacrifice their days off, but as a supervisor, I want the kind of employee that takes pride in what they do, not the kind that work for the sake of satisfying their parents and looking good for their girlfreinds. People like that do nothing but hold down the business and make things difficult for everybody else. I want dedicated and loyal employees who won't hesitate to help out when needed. I want employees who wnat to work their way to the top of the chain, not ones who are going to skip out when they get board of the job. I want employees who are willing to sacrifice days off when we suddenly find ourselves short on staff for unexpected reason, not one who will make up excuses to avoid extra hours. If someone wants to say no to me, that's fine. I will find someone else, or pick up the shift myself if I need to. However, the person who continually covers for others when they are unable to work will be promoted and raised much quicker then the one who doesn't.

I think every manager wants employees like that...but you have to realize that people will only do so much for the little wages they may make at some of these places. I make 8 dollars an hour, so I put 8 dollars an hour worths of work in. I'll do things to help out and I will fill in shifts, but I let my manager know when I have other things I need to do with my time...8 dollars an hour isn't really worth 40 hours of my life each week...but I work because I have bills and such I need to pay.

This Land
April 2nd, 2006, 09:32 PM
This is awful Utora, my sympathy for you cant be done in 1 post on a forum, ill speak to you on MSN. Please Please Respond

ChildOfThePride
April 3rd, 2006, 09:33 PM
:/

Sorry to hear that, Utora.

I can't stand my parents.....My dad regularly says he'll send me to a mental institution for 'internet addiction' and, well, that's just not right. :badnews:

I'm also sick of them judging me, yelling at me, and threatening me and all sorts of crap like that, it isn't fair to me. Oh, and once my mom said unless I started wearing makeup every morning, I would lose computer for that day.

Once my dad got so mad at me for being 'addicted' that he threw my laptop downstairs and now we have a huge hole in our wall o_0

-_-'

I don't know what to do anymore. My dad's also threatened to come to school and beat me up O_O'.

Things are kinda calm now though (this is two months later or so), but should I tell the cops anyway? I tried to call them once but before I could my mom took all the phones with her to work.

Sombolia
April 3rd, 2006, 10:44 PM
Wellllll, I kinda had a panic attack yesterday. Fun fun!

Kovu The Lion
April 4th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Utora...

I can't say what I want to on the forums, mostly because its not enough room, 10000 words just aint enough, I'll talk to you on MSN.. :hugs:

~KTL

This Land
April 15th, 2006, 11:20 PM
I feel Very Unstable at the moment.

-Work is very hard to get where i live, i have a job but its making me exhuasted, but i need the money

-My Love for someone offline has been thrown back in my face.

-Im most likley gonna be moved 300 miles away from my friends to live in a tiny boring village in scotland in the next year, (whether i have internet acsess i dont know)

-My finacial status is Diar, and i still have to fork out ?1500 for the damage of my bike.

-My appreticeship i want to do, i need quick perssonell transport (eg, Car/Motorbike). I cant go anywhere until then

-Quite alot of my Friends, Online and Offline, are not feeling the best right now, and i feel so sorry for them and i know them so well that i feel really sad and depressed that my best friends are suffereing.

With this i think i need a break from the internet life, il proberly drop in now and then every day but proberly only for short periods of time to wait on emails and my dedication to the RP's im doing on the internet. besides that ill most likely be outside and try to sort out all the problems that have suddenly arisen in my life.

I Plead people not to be That Concerned about me, I only posted this on here because my friends and my online family have to right to know what is happening, just like offline friends and family. Things in life like this happen and they are never avoidable. Bumps are always on the path people's lifes, you just have to find the key To the Steamroller. And thats exactly what i have to do Now.

See you guys around when i can and hopefully i should be back on track in the next week or so, i should have some sense of direction by then.

Azerane
April 16th, 2006, 11:58 AM
I hope you can sort things out This Land, and get yourself sorted. I can't imagine how hard things must be for you at the moment as I know you've been through a lot. Stay strong. :hugs: Hope to see you back soon.

Daniel
April 16th, 2006, 12:03 PM
i said everything i needed to on MSN this land, you got my number, so just give me a call if you need me :)

This Land
April 16th, 2006, 07:49 PM
Thanks Both of you :hugs:

Dyani
April 19th, 2006, 09:45 PM
'Gives everyone a big squishy huggle'

Kiara Serengeti
April 27th, 2006, 01:58 AM
I don't know where else to go...so I'm here.
:tears:
I just don't know what to do anymore...

This is from another messageboard where I have close ties...I'd just had another fight with the parents and I lost it. :tears:

Originally posted by ________.
I got a D on my math quiz.My worst grade ever in that class..
---------------------------------------------------------------------
I replied MATH! I hate math! It has literally taken a toll on my mental health. I'm horrible at it! And not the average kind of horrible--I really do stink! I try, and try and try, and everything's hard, and I can't keep things straight. When I see new material, even after practicing it, seeing it, hearing it, reading it, it is often like Chinese!!!!!!!!

Actually, I feel like me whole stinking life is falling apart. My parents love each other, love me. I have healthy pets and I go ride. But there's a turmoil inside ME. I have so many emotional problems right now and I'm gaining weight from a bottle-of-sh&t medicine that I can't even go off of yet because it controls my EPILEPSY! Everything's falling apart! I only care about my horses and certain hobbie now!!!!!!! I feel like I've fallen and I can't get up. I've talked to a therapist, but it is hard to change, it is had to put techniques for trying to be better\happier into practice because I've been miserable since my early teens. Some days I try and some days I just don't care. I've even had thoughts of SUICIDE--but I can't tell my therapist, because she might tell my parents...and i can't tell my parents, especially my mom, because she's already worried about my epilepsy and whenever I've mentioned suicide in moments of anger she's given me crap about how it hurts God! Well, i don't believe in God anymore!! There! I said it! I don't care! I had to get it out!! I'm confused! I'm falling! I hurt.

And now I have an update: My parents had a huge fight. Over me. My dad never scolds me, he just grunts and rolls his eyes, unless I dare slam a door or yank something [faucet handle, fridgerator door, etc.] in anger...they got into a HUGE screaming match...I've never heard them fight like that before. I almost ran away from home...I got a flashlight and shoes and got to the next street before I chickened out. But I may run away in the morning, really. My mom threatened to leave, though I don't think she's serious, just mad. She says she hates homeschooling and she's sick of putting up with me. She didn't say it to my face but I heard her scream that to my dad.
Help. Somebody. Anybody.
I've fallen and I can't get up.

Azerane
April 27th, 2006, 11:53 AM
That doesn't sound good Kiara, I'm sorry to hear that. With the thing your mum screamed though, people can shout things out in anger and not realise what they're saying, things they don't really mean. So I hope that this was the case with your mum. If you're really, really worried about it, try talking to her, try talking to both your parents and discussing the issue with them, otherwise the tension could just build and make things worse. I don't know what else to suggest. All the best that things get sorted out though :hugs:

Dyani
April 27th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Azerane
With the thing your mum screamed though, people can shout things out in anger and not realise what they're saying, things they don't really mean.

This is definatly often the case in many things people scream at you. Once you get to the 'tree' stage, you just don't care and realise its all said in the heat of the moment.

*Hugs* to CotP and Utora

Tiikeri
May 5th, 2006, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I also don't like travelling with inexperienced (and often young) drivers, since most of them really don't seem to know what the heck they're doing. The tests are way too easy to pass, and that's one reason why we have so many dangerous drivers on the roads.

Wrong.

The tests are NOT easy to pass. The theory might well be easy, but the practical most certainly is not. One lapse in your concentration on one of those tests and you've blown it, That's how hard they are to pass.

And FWIW, I do know what I'm doing when I'm on the road. I may be young but I know what I'm doing since I've never caused a crash. The crash I had earlier was another person's fault which I could've done nothing to prevent (apart from being clarevoyant).

And I also think it's harsh to generalise all young drivers as "dangerous" ok, they're inexperienced, but that doesn't mean they're dangerous in the slightest.

That is all.

Dyani
May 7th, 2006, 12:03 PM
I agree with STL. The driving age should definatly be raised. Far too many young people are out there getting killed because of it.

(Actually, so should the drinking age, the smoking age and the age of consent be raised. People do not value their youth any more. Too many people are becoming pregnant at 11 or a little more. Its too sad and limits them too early in life. Smoking is just disgusting. Its a self-inflicted disease if you get cancer from it or worse, and you inflict the smoke on everyone around you. Drinking is harder to control unless you want police in every bar and shop, but less young people drinking means less people dying in drink-and-drive situations. End of Rant.)

Tiikeri
May 7th, 2006, 03:54 PM
The tests are easy to pass lol, bearing in mind some of the people I know who have passed them, well, it speaks for itself! It would be nice if they raised the driving age too, since most young people just like to go fast and stuff, and cause accidents. They're not safe >_< ! I think the age is being raised to 18 soon enough, but even higher would be better...
Ever taken one? No, exactly. And I assume by that comment that you're insinuating that I'm a dumbass because I passed? I resent that, I'm not a dumbass, and that test was the most nerve-wrecking thing I've ever done.

Originally posted by Dyani
Actually, so should the drinking age, the smoking age and the age of consent be raised. People do not value their youth any more. Too many people are becoming pregnant at 11 or a little more. Its too sad and limits them too early in life. Smoking is just disgusting. Its a self-inflicted disease if you get cancer from it or worse, and you inflict the smoke on everyone around you. Drinking is harder to control unless you want police in every bar and shop, but less young people drinking means less people dying in drink-and-drive situations. End of Rant.)

Do you really thing raising the limits are gonna make a difference? Seriously, I started smoking at 14, and got people 16+ to buy them for me until I was 16. Same with alcohol, I started drinking at 15, and got my dad to buy my booze until I was 18. So really, if they raise the age limit, I'll just go back to what I did before, and so will almost everyone else it affects. So at the end of the day, what will raising the limits acheive? Just more law breakers.

The trouble is, people will break the law anyway, so we need harsher punishments to deter them ^_^ ...
XD...you really have no idea do you? Nobody these days cares about punishments, they'll do it if they have to regardless of the consequences.

Tiikeri
May 7th, 2006, 04:20 PM
Oh please, I had a written driving test program on one of my old computers and I was getting 100% on it when I was like 6. Actually driving isn't bad either, my dad let me have a go hehe ^_^ !
Computer progams ARE easy, and exactly how much driving did you do? Did you just steer or did you use the pedals too? Driving itself is easy, but passing a driving test isn't, because the people who are testing you are real nazis, they'll pull you for anything, be it not checking mirros or just being an inch too far from the curb.

And, people do care about punishments. I know people would start caring if they started having to spend time in institutes and jail for crimes like that.
Some and probably most people would "care" about it, but that wouldn't stop them trying it. And if they get caught, then they get caught. But as soon as they're out or whatever, they'll do it again, because they're desperate.

It's quite sad you were smoking and drinking at that age. Your body isn't even fully developed then; it does much more harm than smoking/drinking at 18+, and even that's bad enough!
No doubt it was and still is bad for me. But people need their methods of relaxation, and cigs and alcohol are mine.

Tiikeri
May 7th, 2006, 05:00 PM
As I said earlier, theory tests are easy. It's the actual driving test that hard.

And 15/16 is too young, I think everything should be put to 18 as the minimum age, until they're adults. 16 is too young to be giving people scooters.

Actually I love the taste of cigs, but yeah...I don't think hypnosis tapes are for me ^^

Dyani
May 7th, 2006, 05:44 PM
Do you really thing raising the limits are gonna make a difference? Seriously, I started smoking at 14, and got people 16+ to buy them for me until I was 16. Same with alcohol, I started drinking at 15, and got my dad to buy my booze until I was 18. So really, if they raise the age limit, I'll just go back to what I did before, and so will almost everyone else it affects. So at the end of the day, what will raising the limits acheive? Just more law breakers.
I think its sad how easily people can get addicted to smoking or drinking. Those people start early and smoke for 40 years do so much damage to themselves. But I do agree. Laws do not always prevent people from breaking them. Anyway, teenagers can be more keen to break the rules than 'adults' as it is the age at which they start testing the bounderies and limits. Its is also, unfortunatly, the time where hormones kick in.

And 15/16 is too young, I think everything should be put to 18 as the minimum age, until they're adults. 16 is too young to be giving people scooters.

Actually I love the taste of cigs, but yeah...I don't think hypnosis tapes are for me ^^
aah.. but people who self-inflict themselves with knives or scissors love the feel of scissors on their skin (not my experince, just a number of frineds). It is a self-inflicting disease as I said before. Although I agree that raising the age limits for sex, smoking and drinking might not have any sort of effect on young people, there should be an increased awareness and education of the consequences of what happens i.e. pregnancy, lung cancer at 45, liver damage to 26 and, consequently, death... although that is one thing no one can avoid to be fair.

As for driving tests.. I haven't got a clue about them. The theory is perhaps the easer test as it is more mental work and the liklihood of running someones cat over when you get a wrong answer is, thankfully, very low. :D
The actual driving test is the harder. But that is my opinion.

Noodle
May 9th, 2006, 03:35 PM
Hmm ok I kinda have a situation I need a little help with.

It's like this....

Ok so I went to school today and I was in the corridor in the morning with my friend and my ex friend called Sarah was hanging around by herself, so Sarah comes up to me calling me a name, I send one back calling her a 'sewer rat'. So she gets her two nerdy year 7 friends to back her up as Sarah assulted me of 'bullying' her when she started it with the note :grrr: .

Anyway Sarah and the year 7ns go off and come back with about three more year 7ns they come up to me and my friend asking 'why do you two bully Sarah ??'. I am very hot tempered and I push the nerdy year 7 that was moaning at me and she started nudging and clawing at me so I punched her in the face . I go off with my friend and the kid I punched was saying she would get her older sister to beat me up that has got expelled for beating people up anyway :eww:

I get sent home and I have to go to a school meeting tommorow.

So what should I do about the problem with the 'sister beating me up' ?

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Ok, again, hehe, since that girl has already been expeld for beating up someone, can't the school do anything about her then?

I remember when we almost got hit by a car 3 times, we went to this schoolmeeting, and we got blamed for everything o_O

I don't really know what you could else :s
Hope things work out soon !

Dyani
May 9th, 2006, 10:15 PM
I would explain the situation, calmly and clearly to the people at the school meeting. Make sure you use a tone that is passive and not saying anything that shows your true opinions of the others involved. that will make you sound sensible and mature and giev you a good headstart with the people in the meeting.

Good luck hun!!!

This Land
May 9th, 2006, 10:35 PM
at the end of the day. You are more in the right than in the wrong ;)

Dont be afriad, Noodle :hugs:
Everything will go fine :)#

Just follow the good advice of Dyani, because what she said is very true

Xanahti
May 13th, 2006, 09:21 AM
It was just brought to my attention that my grandpa got alzheimers. He'd gone through a couple of tests and is now having a diagnose. I love grandpa, and I don't want to see him become an empty shell who is impossible to have a normal conversation with. This is just taking me really hard, it wasn't so long ago that he was involved in an car accident(caused by him in a way that I would rather not mention), and I know all this is hard on mom and grandma.
There has been signs on it, lately when I've talked with him I gotta talk really slow and repeat myself or else he won't get it. He can sit for hours and just stare on the TV, but when you ask him if he's seen anything good, he has no idea.
He's very absent and I don't want it to become worse, I don't want to watch him float away, but I have no choice.

lion_roog
May 13th, 2006, 09:24 AM
I'm sorry to hear about that, Xanahti. I'll pray for him for you. Sometimes life can be hard and all you can do is watch it go by.

Neola
May 13th, 2006, 09:40 AM
Originally posted by Xanahti
It was just brought to my attention that my grandpa got alzheimers. He'd gone through a couple of tests and is now having a diagnose. I love grandpa, and I don't want to see him become an empty shell who is impossible to have a normal conversation with. This is just taking me really hard, it wasn't so long ago that he was involved in an car accident(caused by him in a way that I would rather not mention), and I know all this is hard on mom and grandma.
There has been signs on it, lately when I've talked with him I gotta talk really slow and repeat myself or else he won't get it. He can sit for hours and just stare on the TV, but when you ask him if he's seen anything good, he has no idea.
He's very absent and I don't want it to become worse, I don't want to watch him float away, but I have no choice.

I'm so sorry Xanahti :(
But I know what you're talking about, my granda got alzheimers for 2 years now. He doesn't remember me each time I visit him, neither does he remember his own children. Often, he just sit there for hours, staring at the wall...and without my grandma he'd be nothing, he isn't even able to go to toilet anymore. Well, some say he kinda deserved it, seeing what he did to my grandma but I still tend to have pity with him.
Well, there's nothing you can do, I'm sorry for having to say this, but it's true...:(
Still I hope it won't get that bad with your grandpa, stay strong :hugs:

Dyani
May 14th, 2006, 09:44 PM
We think my only gran is getting Altzimers too, so I empathise hun.

Life does these horrible things to us, but it makes us who we are. I shall definatly be hinking of you during this tough time darl.

lionloversam
May 23rd, 2006, 02:23 AM
Well... How do I explain this. I seem to go though mild 'loops' of feeling down and being happy. Sometimes I just want to cry and have no idea why. Usually in this phase I try to hide it the best I can. During my down phases I get upset over small, simple things. But, at other times I am just my 'normal self'. What ever that may be. And there is no distinct pattern to this. Should I just tell myself to grow up? Or, is this a matter that can worsen. I was partially not wanting to bother you guys with my personal problems. But, oh well, what can bringing it up hurt?

Xanahti
May 23rd, 2006, 07:59 AM
@ Lionloversam

I feel like that a lot too. Sometimes I feel that I need to cry, talk to somebody, but I just hide it thinking that "I don't want them to think I'm silly or depressed". I never feel I can talk bout everything with anybody, I gotta be cheerful and fun all of the time, or else I don't know if they'll like me anymore. It's quite silly thoughts, but I feel vunerable when people know I'm sad.
The feelings doesn't go away just because they're hidden in your mind. I would suggest talking to a friend or a psychologist. Talk about everything that has happend in your life, your worries and concerns. Talking is a way to work at your thoughts. Maybe you can figure out what makes you feel like this.

Dyani
May 23rd, 2006, 02:21 PM
@ Lionloversam and Xanahti - I'm very sorry you two feel like this, if theres anything I can do to help please.. please email me or contact me via MSN (shadow_werewolf2@hotmail.com) :( I'm sorry I can't do more.
@ Lionloversam - take Xanahti's advice about talking to a friend or councillor or psychologist. This is the best option as talking always helps. I went through a terrible phase over Christmas and through talking to a few friends and especially my closest friend, I overcame it. Talking helps you a lot.

My thoughts are with you both.

lionloversam
May 24th, 2006, 12:53 AM
Thank you.... I may try talking to a friend. I was thinking it may be a good idea to keep a note pad with me and write down what I may be thinking or whatever is on my mind at those times.... just a idea.... Maybe I can find a pattern... What do you think?

Dyani
May 24th, 2006, 09:39 AM
Thats quite a good idea! I hadn't thought of that!
Don't aim to specifically find a pattern though. Writing stuff down doesn't have to have a purpose other than simply making you feel better. ^_~
I used to write poetry (and pretty rubbish poetry too) when I felt down and even tho it was a load of crud, it helped.

It can take a lot of guts to share this to one of your friends, but you've told us! :D True, most of us only know you online and we don't see you in day to day situations.. but hey! We'e friends too! :p
You do what feels right. :)

lionloversam
May 25th, 2006, 11:39 PM
I talked to my mom very breifly today and she recommended that I read a book called, "Telling yourself the truth." And she said she will talk to me more about it later. About MSN messenger, I don't think I have it.

ChildOfThePride
May 27th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I wish I didn't have emotions!

Dyani
May 27th, 2006, 06:30 PM
Why not hun?

ChildOfThePride
May 27th, 2006, 06:33 PM
My friend died a couple of months ago and I just randomly started thinking about her yesterday and crying and stuff...

Dyani
May 27th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Aw hun!!!! :hugs:

Thats such a sad thing to have happened, I'm so sorry for you. Two people I know have lost a friend, one lost his best friend and he still is very sad about it. The best thing to do is remember the best times you had with your friend. The first time you met, the laughs and the nights out/time spent round their house. Thats what I do when I think of my deceased relatives, remember the wonderful happier times I shared with them.
Any help? I know words on a screen isn't a lot of help but the feeling that someone cares about you and is worried about you helps, I think anyway. :)

lionloversam
July 4th, 2006, 02:04 AM
:alone: My mom just finished giving me a lecture about being on this board. She said she worries about me being on a board with a 'bunch of queers'. She wants me to find a board that is 'edifying'... and leave this one. She also said stuff like 'bad company corrupts bad character'. But, I fell that I am old enough to make my own decissions. But, on the other hand, should I not honour their wishes since I still live in their house and don't pay rent? :tears: I just can't see leaving you guys...

She also said she is going to help me find one in the morning, so I am most likely going to be up most the night with a bunch of 'what if's going through my head.

Kovu The Lion
July 4th, 2006, 02:21 AM
That's, Sad =/

LLS tell your mom how old you are, if your 21 you are old enough to make your own decisions without her telling you what to do (though the my house my rules things applies)

Or do this:

Say okay fine mom, Don't have Lea on your favourites, and when she's not around, then go to Lea, and when you are done, go to your history in Internet Explorer, and delete Lea Halalela, and anything that deals with it, don't let email come to your MSN/Yahoo/AIM or whatever you use, and then delete all cookies that belong to Lea, and she will never know you come onto it :)

Unless of course you've got a fire wall that logs things, though I seriously doubt any can do that.. Though I don't see what gave her the right to call Lea, a place for "queers" or whatever, If she's never seen/talked to one of the LH Members lol. Though she is your mother, what I usually say..

What mommy doesn't know, Won't hurt her.

~KtL

Nephilim
July 4th, 2006, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by lionloversam
:alone: My mom just finished giving me a lecture about being on this board. She said she worries about me being on a board with a 'bunch of queers'. She wants me to find a board that is 'edifying'... and leave this one. She also said stuff like 'bad company corrupts bad character'. But, I fell that I am old enough to make my own decissions. But, on the other hand, should I not honour their wishes since I still live in their house and don't pay rent? :tears: I just can't see leaving you guys...

She also said she is going to help me find one in the morning, so I am most likely going to be up most the night with a bunch of 'what if's going through my head.

Tell your mother to cut the umbilical cord.

Dyani
July 4th, 2006, 02:05 PM
^ short and sweet Neph, like the answer there. ;)

I would recoomdend what KTL said.. true it may feel like cheating or lying.. but shes making assumations about Lea that she hasn't been on herself, or joined as a member.

You could always see if she wants to join Lea.... just kidding ;)

lionloversam
July 4th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Well, I talked to my mother this morning and we more or less came to some middle ground. The agreement is I could continue coming here only if I (or she) find a board that she thinks is of a positive nature. I will have to spend the same amount of time on this other board as I do here. That is pretty much what we 'agreed' upon. She also said it is emotionally unhealthy to limit myself to this one area of interest, or something like that.

Neola
July 4th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Aww, it's really sad that your mom thinks that way, Lea's full of nice people! :(
But...as for your agreement...how would she know how much time you spend on which board? I mean, she's not watching you ALL the time, is she? O.o

Dyani
July 4th, 2006, 08:46 PM
Lea is indeed full of nice people, but I must admit LLS's mum is being wise.. heck its not like you KNOW that EVERYONE on here is who they show themselves to be. I'm not saying anyone is lying, these things happen.

*She also said it is emotionally unhealthy to limit myself to this one area of interest, or something like that.*
My response to that would be.. well, I live in one house, or do you want me to start living in more than one persons house?
But I do agree with her in some elements of that..

LLS: it doesn't hurt to explore over areas, might be worth a try and anyway, you mite find the other sit as groovy ooby as Lea!

lionloversam
July 5th, 2006, 02:37 AM
Good point, Dyani. I was looking for a board about diet and nutrition and stuff like that. If I find one it will go along with my chosen major and might even compliment my studies in college. And, how my mom will be able to tell, at least get a idea how much I visit each board, is check the history. I don't tamper with the history since I have nothing to hide with my online activities.

lion_roog
July 5th, 2006, 04:33 AM
three words...anonymous web browsers...:D...They're also awesome for getting around firewalls that have blocked certain sites at school or work...:D

But that's cool you and your Moms have worked out an agreement..:cheese:

Nephilim
July 5th, 2006, 02:54 PM
three words...anonymous web browsers...:D...They're also awesome for getting around firewalls that have blocked certain sites at school or work...:D

Until, in turn, schools block those sites.

Kovu The Lion
July 5th, 2006, 02:56 PM
My school already has lol, Its called a Web Browser Extention

Or some BS reason,

BESS Is what they have at school, but it's to easy to bypass with a proxy server x) anyways LLS that's a good plan, Getting into a forums of your future career will get you a chance to learn more as you go on, and have some fun xD Though really how could your mom know how much time you spend a day on a forums :E Unless she asks to see you post like, 40 times a day or something...

Dare
July 8th, 2006, 09:26 PM
As my dear cousin says...
"If you live with your parents, you will never be treated like an adult."
:\

Tiikeri
July 9th, 2006, 09:37 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
As my dear cousin says...
"If you live with your parents, you will never be treated like an adult."
:\
I disagree, I live with my parents and they let me do more or less anything I want, they don't restrict my use of the computer, although they do say something if I'm on hours. But on the whole they let me do whatever I wanna do.

You're 21 and your mother is restricting what websites/forums you go on? Aren't you an adult? Here, adults are allowed to do what they want (within the limits of the law) no matter what other people say pretty much...
I agree with that to a certain extent, but when you're living under the roof of someone else, you are obliged to live by their rules. The fact that you're an adult gives you freedom to do whatever you want outside or on your own property, but not anyone elses. Even though LLS is 21 and legally an adult, the fact that he still lives with his mother means he still has to live by her rules, no matter how insane/pointless they are.

Kovu The Lion
July 10th, 2006, 06:52 PM

I agree with that to a certain extent, but when you're living under the roof of someone else, you are obliged to live by their rules. The fact that you're an adult gives you freedom to do whatever you want outside or on your own property, but not anyone elses. Even though LLS is 21 and legally an adult, the fact that he still lives with his mother means he still has to live by her rules, no matter how insane/pointless they are.

That's so true, You can't just stay at someone's house and just do whatever you want, That would be plainout rude. It's nice to follow people's rule's that they have set, Especially if it's not your house, but if it is your house, you should follow the rules that are set under that house, because they are providing for you, and if they do that, then you could at least show some decency and respect for them doing that.

Remember parents don't have to raise you after 18, They could legally kick you out of the house and not care anymore

~KtL

Noodle
July 13th, 2006, 10:51 AM
I think I'm gonna kill myself.....

This Land
July 13th, 2006, 09:52 PM
well, we have had a chat on msn, and i do hope things go well tomorrow

Kovu The Lion
July 13th, 2006, 09:56 PM
Originally posted by Noodle

My best friend might be going to boarding school..... and I can't stop it.. I can't ring her or see her thanks to her fucking horrible 'mother'.
I can't stop crying and I think I'm gonna have another brake down.....
Her mother is evil so she prob will make her go to a stupid boarding school....

And all of this is due to some petty arguement with my dad and her mom.... why ? Due to the fact that she was out with me instead of inside because she was grounded.

I srsly dunno what to do.... I'm alone and I need her....

might, probably, maybe

all I heard, Don't waste your life due to possibilities, and if she does you will be able to contact her during her free time :) Internet, Phones, etc and she wont be to far away from you anyways..

Life is precious, don't waste it on petty things.

~KtL

Nephilim
July 13th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Originally posted by Noodle

My best friend might be going to boarding school..... and I can't stop it.. I can't ring her or see her thanks to her fucking horrible 'mother'.
I can't stop crying and I think I'm gonna have another brake down.....
Her mother is evil so she prob will make her go to a stupid boarding school....

And all of this is due to some petty arguement with my dad and her mom.... why ? Due to the fact that she was out with me instead of inside because she was grounded.

I srsly dunno what to do.... I'm alone and I need her....

Do not let silly teenage hormoans get the better of you; supposing that killing yourself will help is foolish, and all you'll do is hurt people. Kind of like... oh, I don't know, the way you're hurting now?

This Land
July 18th, 2006, 11:00 PM
Not Only i would like to tell the rubbish way im feeling right now but to also pay my respects to a Great Man, who sadly has died in a motorbike accident. I knew this happened before the papers got the story out. I was shocked to hear the news, i was shocked even more when i read the whole story on the newspaper today.

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/addy_neale_wkd/Jasonarticle.jpg

Even though i didnt see him that much, he was a great guy. A person you could always have a good chat to, i just no now he is somehwhere better than this world.

This has put me in a rough position, im scared riding on the roads now, and this death has turned my whole veiws on motocyles and how easily and quickely things can happen But one thing is for sure, i will still ride a bike..........for him.

---RIP Jason---- Member of the Antelopes Motocyle Club

lion_roog
July 18th, 2006, 11:13 PM
Sorry to hear that, dude...that happens here pretty often and it makes you sad, it's one thing to hit someone, but then to take off afterwards...I mean, you could have atleast possibly saved the guys life by stopping and all.

This Land
July 18th, 2006, 11:24 PM
yeah, this is whats makes me so angry, Some drivers have no respect for others at all :grrr:

its just such a shock he is gone :(

Kovu The Lion
July 18th, 2006, 11:28 PM
When you apply for a motorcycle license, You write your death on that contract also,

Chances for dieing on a motorcycle when you ride, is 60%, riding at night, 70%, riding during rain ,85%,

Riding a car, reduces all that by 40%,

the roads just aren't safe, though i'm sad to hear this that a good man is gone, i guess he didn't wanna face penalties of murder :s

Tiikeri
July 19th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
When you apply for a motorcycle license, You write your death on that contract also
Totally

Sorry to hear about your friend TL, but really it stuns me how some people still wish to ride around on motorbikes, seriously if I were still suicidal, I'd probably die quicker whilst riding to Leeds on a Suzuki 77X42 or whatever they're called these days than by taking an overdose. Not to sound uncaring or anything, but if people value their lives then they shouldn't really be endangering them by riding around on two wheels with more bhp than a modern car.

That aside, it was obscene of that truck driver to just carry on. He can't use the excuse "I didn't see him" because even if he didn't see him, he would definately have heard and felt the collision with the motorbike, I hope he's caught and charged for hit and run, possibly murder.

This Land
July 19th, 2006, 02:46 PM
I know what you mean, but i cant see why people are always making bikes sound so horrible.

Yes there are more bike crashes than car crashes, i know that. But the the amount of Fatal Car crashes is alot higher than fatal bike crashes.

Anyway, i read the newspaper today, there was another article about him.
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/addy_neale_wkd/namerevealed.jpg

Quiet alot of Antelope members are comming for the weekly wednesday bike run to a pub. and on the way back we are all going to the place where he crashed to lay down flowers by the side of the road.

Dyani
July 30th, 2006, 10:51 AM
*Hugglesquish* mate :( its so sad when something like this happens.

Tiikeri
August 25th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Right ok, it's not very often I post in here since I don't like opening up very much, but I just wanna know what everyone else reckons to this....

I just had a huge argument with my dad, many of you may know of my intentions to move to Scandanavia, it was originally Finland but now it might not be but that's not important. Basically he was having a go at me because of my intentions, he said that it wouldn't work out and that I shouldn't even bother trying. That upset me since he has no idea how things will turn out, and he's been like that for everything I've voiced as an ambition, which is probably why I have very little self esteem.

When I asked him why he was being like this, he simply said that he didn't want me to move out of the UK because he wouldn't see me as often. My response was that can he blame me after the way he shoots down every ambition I get, and that I've lived in the same house as him for nearly 19 years, and that it was time to move on and live my own life, which he didn't like since technically he can't stop me. I don't by any stretch of the imagination hate my dad, I love him, I just wish he wouldn't say things like "it won't work out in Finland, you won't be able to afford things" etc

I dunno what's wrong with him, he seems to be scared of me leaving or something. But everyone's gotta leave home at some point, and even if he is, why does he insist on saying upsetting things to try and make me stay? Surely a "Dani, we'd miss you too much if you left the UK" would suffice instead of a "It'll be a waste of time, don't go because it won't work out and you know it" but I don't know it, and neither does he. I just want to take that chance, because in my eyes, it's a chance worth taking.

What does everyone else reckon? I guess it's not very important but I just wanted to rant it off my chest.

Neola
August 25th, 2006, 05:13 PM
Of course it's a chance worth taking, and it sucks your dad thinks that way...or at least he says things like that. I dunno but I guess he's just being that rude to make you stay...maybe he thinks saying "We'll miss you" wouldn't help.
But since you're old enough to make your own decisions I reckon it'd be best to go anyway, showing him it works out well...but as I said, I dunno.
Anyway, good luck, whichever decision you make :hugs:

Daniel
August 25th, 2006, 05:45 PM
it's just your Dad doesnt want to let you go, but he knows he has to.

He just doesnt want to.

Just say "Dad, i need to spend time away" and the like, and it should work if your dad respects you =)

Utora
August 27th, 2006, 12:36 AM
Right ok, it's not very often I post in here since I don't like opening up very much, but I just wanna know what everyone else reckons to this....

I just had a huge argument with my dad, many of you may know of my intentions to move to Scandanavia, it was originally Finland but now it might not be but that's not important. Basically he was having a go at me because of my intentions, he said that it wouldn't work out and that I shouldn't even bother trying. That upset me since he has no idea how things will turn out, and he's been like that for everything I've voiced as an ambition, which is probably why I have very little self esteem.

When I asked him why he was being like this, he simply said that he didn't want me to move out of the UK because he wouldn't see me as often. My response was that can he blame me after the way he shoots down every ambition I get, and that I've lived in the same house as him for nearly 19 years, and that it was time to move on and live my own life, which he didn't like since technically he can't stop me. I don't by any stretch of the imagination hate my dad, I love him, I just wish he wouldn't say things like "it won't work out in Finland, you won't be able to afford things" etc

I dunno what's wrong with him, he seems to be scared of me leaving or something. But everyone's gotta leave home at some point, and even if he is, why does he insist on saying upsetting things to try and make me stay? Surely a "Dani, we'd miss you too much if you left the UK" would suffice instead of a "It'll be a waste of time, don't go because it won't work out and you know it" but I don't know it, and neither does he. I just want to take that chance, because in my eyes, it's a chance worth taking.

What does everyone else reckon? I guess it's not very important but I just wanted to rant it off my chest.

It sounds like he's doing everything to keep you home, even if that means telling you your ambitions will get you nowhere. I think that he doesn't believe that, but he fears you leaving the home. It sounds like he loves you alot, but just has trouble "letting go". I could be very wrong, but this is my assumption. I'd express to him that it hurts greatly, shutting down your hopes and dreams, and I'd ask him if it was your ambitions that bthered him, or the fact that you are leaving. Find out why he's so afraid of you leaving, and letting go. Reassuring him that you'll still come around to see him, and that you'll keep in touch may help. I'm just giving advice - I might be of no help. :hmm:

I really hope it works out. I'll be praying for you Tiki. :-)

I have found with people that sitting down, taking all your pateince and love and pouring it out to them get's you very far in life. It may not give you all the answers, but it will open others towards you. ....annnnd it took me long enough to figure that one out....:Psst:

Utora
September 12th, 2006, 07:59 PM
Not to be a swine and double post, but something serious has come up, and I am in dire need of some advice.

A long while ago, I knew my father was looking at pornography. Mainly because he and ym mother had no intimate relationship, which still does NOT justify him. I assumed it was over, it was about 4 years ago and all and since they are seeing counseling I figured he's on a better road.

Last night he says he needs the computer, and I said, "Well I need it soon because I need to talk with Jessica in an hour."
He said he'd be done soon. He got on at 8:23 PM and got off at 2:17 AM...yeah gee thanks.
On top of this my brother saw him several times looking at porn as he would come up the steps. One time my brother scared my father and saw he was looking at pornography and my father goes, "What the **** is that!?" and clicks X.
I was so angry. My brother had an issue with porn once, and my father sat him down and said, "You should cherish your wife's body, and only her.
He's a hipocrit. And it makes me just...god.....I can't be around him. It's perverse that my father is doing this! If I approach him with this, his pride will be hurt. When this man's pride is hurt he turns into the wrath of God and emotionally tears you apart and makes you feel like a infant when he's through. Am I just suppsosed to shut up and suck it up? It's eating away at me...and I want to cry when I know he's doing this. I really need some advice, and once more, forgive me for the X2 post.

Ciara
September 12th, 2006, 08:18 PM
well from own experiences you gotta tell what you think. Even if it will hurt someone, that's just the truth everyone has to accept. And if you don't tell what you think and lives with it kept in yourself, I'll promise you it'll kill you slowy, and that's so not fun, trust me. I know it's hard to say it probably, but after it's all good for ya ...

Utora
September 12th, 2006, 09:27 PM
I took your advice Ciara, thank you very much.

I told my mom , mainly because she asked about last night. She was shattered, but she told me that she's going to confront our father. Our battle is tolerating the whiplash my father is going to cast out because we reported him.

It just horrifies me. They shut me off when they found out I was a furry, and saw me with my mate. But he turns around and does this?....well ...I'm going to start praying because these next few weeks aren't going to be a picnic.

:disagree:

I just feel sick.

Ciara
September 13th, 2006, 05:01 AM
good that you told someone about it, I know it probably will be a hard time for you and even your family later on with all this, but it's just to take and go through, sometime it will be better. I hope everything is going okey for ya. :hugs:

Azerane
September 13th, 2006, 01:09 PM
Hopefully it goes ok with your mum telling your father Utora:hugs: best of luck with that, it can't be an easy situation that you are in.

Neola
September 13th, 2006, 01:28 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Utora :(
Last night he says he needs the computer, and I said, "Well I need it soon because I need to talk with Jessica in an hour."
He said he'd be done soon. He got on at 8:23 PM and got off at 2:17 AM...yeah gee thanks.

Is Jessica your sister?:confused:
If so, maybe he REALLY spoke to her for that long? I wouldn't know though...
And maybe (just maybe though) he really isn't looking at porn? Would that be possible? Those windows do turn up from time to time, when you click links etc...

Either way, I wish you all the best and hope you can sort things out soon :hugs:

Utora
September 13th, 2006, 10:45 PM
Well...he was looking at it we found out, he admited to it. But he wasn't buying it, he was going to sites and looking at it. Either way he said it was wrong of him and he is very sorry. My mom cried and I think that was the worst part of it all. It wasn't as bad as I thought, but my mom told me to look at in in his eyes and tell him what bothered me - that was ery difficult because I didn't want to make eye contact with him. Period.

Only-now
September 14th, 2006, 02:25 AM
Well, I don't want to come in and be the "bad guy" or anything..not to mention I am the only guy who is commenting on this so far. I mention that because it is an obvious fact that the majority of people who look at pornography are male (most, not all)...because men are more visually stimulated when it comes to sex. So, in a way I have a different perspective on it..and I think maybe that might help.

I know you are religious (at least from what I have heard) and so I think that probably has something to do with you being so upset. If you set that aside for a moment (because regardless of religion we are all human)...you might be able to understand the situation more clearly. First, I guess you have to ask yourself what is it about that that bothers you? Is it the hypocrisy? Is it the fact that it is unjustified religiously? Is it just a shock and that is why it is so upsetting?

Being a human, and a male, it is natural to have such urges..and to be tempted to look at such material. You must make a differentiation here. When you say your father is being a hypocrite..that is not necessarily true. The reasons that a man (or woman) would look at such material is not comparable to the way he cherishes his wife (or her husband). There is no glory, or "goodness" in the reasons that someone would look at the material. It is for pure physical pleasure and rarely has any emotion behind it. Now it one way that is what defines it as being so bad...but in another, it seperates it from the type of love and emotion that is felt between a man and woman who are married. To be a good parent, sometimes requires making sure that your children do not make the same mistake as you..etc.

It wasn't bad that you brought it up...but you also have to understand that he is an adult...and so in the end....it will be hard to turn someone from doing something like so. I have been in your same position before..except not with the same substance. In my opinion..my situation was worse..because in this instance what my father was doing is against the law (not really serious or anything) and I was VERY upset. He didn't stop either...but I also realized that he is a grown person..and that there is no sense, or use in making life hell to try and stop someone from making that choice. Ultimately it is up to them...and you can only help them come around in a peaceful way.

I hope I helped a bit. I don't know the situation exactly..but I hope whatever happens you find some clarity and such. Good luck.

~Kiva

Utora
September 14th, 2006, 03:26 AM
I have taken much of this into consideration. The reason I see this as an issue is, one, he is the leader of this household. He has established that pornography is not tolerated by any member in this household. I've looked at furry things before, and was punished. My brother was pulled aside at looking at porn once, and redirected by my father.

When he himself does it, it's contradicting his teachings and our decision to believe in him. Why should I listen to a man that apparently has no regard for his orders? I lose respect for him.

Furthermore, I would not have been too bothered if I knew it settled with my mother alright. It wounds my mom, thus why it bothered me more. It is a big issue with them. It was destructive of his leadership. And we are christian, therefore that only crippled it more. I am not as religious as the rest of my family, and it didn't bother me on a religious basis at all. It angered me because I have urges, my brother has urges, ...practically every person has the urge to has sexual satisfaction. It is only human, and I'd be more concerned if a person didn't have any sexual disires. My father told me and my brother that is destroys relationships, 50% of American divorces are over porn, and that is warps your mind over time. So I was very hurt to see my father resorting to that, because that means one of two things:

A : His teachings are false and he lied to us, just to have control over us.

Or

B : He does not think he has to pay any respect tro the order of this household and the rules he set up.

He is the father, the foundation, the role model of this house. It is hisnduty to keep in order his commandments of this household, and my duty to obey them. When they become a switch that can be turned off and on under certain authoirty, it becomes a weak link and soon the followers of his household learn to manipulate suck links.

Only-now
September 14th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Yes...he should follow the rules he sets, that is true. But he is also an individual and there are things that he doesn't tell you.

Let me ask you this...do you think it is okay to look at porn? Of course not..that's obvious. Are you angered by him? Yep..sure are. So what does that show you? That apparently the teaching he set out to teach you has been instilled in you. He suceeded in teaching you what he wanted to...and that is extremely evident in that you can point this out.

It doesn't make his offense any better, but it deos show you that even though he may be going against his own rule..he did accomplis the goal of teaching YOU that it wasn't a good thing.

My dad does something that he makes the choice to do (though it isn't a smart one) but he still tells me not to...explains why..etc. For me...even though he does it...it doesn't turn me away from the actual lesson which is deeply rooted in me.

I understand why you are upset..I was just taking a different perspective and such.

About the 50% of American divorces are over porn...I would beg to differ on that one. Porn is not as negative a thing as that...and I think if two people are getting married then their relationship should be stronger than that...to be broken up by that. If that figure is true, then I think the problem is too many people are getting married hastily. That's not the point of this topic though..lol..so...

Anyways, I hope this gets resolved in a good way. Good luck again!

~Kiva

Utora
September 15th, 2006, 02:18 AM
Well thank you, I appreicate your input.

:fini:

However it hurts me, greatly. It is far worse than i knew of. I have heard more, found more, been confirmed of this going on for years, and years. My trust in him has deminished...I just can't be around such a person that would deny it being any cause for alarm. He tries to make it sound as if it's something small and simple, but it's affecting us all.

:mad: :(

I'm just tired now. I struggled so hard to preserve myself, and I stumble upon this. It eats me up, and crushes my heart. It's a different aspect of respect now.

:tears:

I don't want to be his child. He's a good man, but i don't feel proud admitting he's my father. He was a hero to me, but now I have to proove I can outbest my father.

Such distgusing disordinance. I'm done - there isn't a day of rest in this lord of flies rat nest in..I hate it all.

:grrr:

So, maybe it's a right thing to look at porn! Maybe the whole damn world says, "It's okay! I look at it and my wife doesn't give a rats behind." Well laddee frickin' da - not in this household! It's evil here, I hate it...it's destructive and ...everything wrong in this household.....and I won't stand for it. The End. He ruined my mom, he killed her very soul...and every child has suffered my father viewing porn. He's flirting with destruction and I won't watch. He can only save himself. He is wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I trust him less, and he does not deserve my respect. I shall give him the respect of an offspring. But as friendship, as a close heart with him - nyet! He will not get an ounce of it! Over my dead body.

Only-now
September 15th, 2006, 03:19 AM
I dont want to sound mean or rude..because I am not you. But...I think it does more harm to have the perspective that you do than it does if it were a different one. I am not saying that you should accept it...but it does seem that you do more harm to yourself, him, and your relationship with him by taking it so harshly. Maybe that was put in you by his very teachings...but this is a complex situation.

In all honesty...and I don't mean this in a belittling or disrespectful way..I think you are taking it out of proportion. Because he made that mistake, and has that flaw...it does not ruin his character and stop him from being your father..and I don't think that you should take it as such. NO ONE is perfect...and I don't believe that this offense is so harsh to deserve the "punishment" you are stating.

There is a lot to say...but I don't want to make a really long post...especially when I think your mind is pretty set on this. I just don't want you to make the mistake of tainting your relationship with your father. One can argue he did that himself...but you also have a choice in how you view it. As a mistake that can be forgiven, or as an offense that should be punished. I think the former is much better.

~Kiva

Bahati
September 15th, 2006, 03:41 AM
Better that your father satisfy his urges with images than with an affair.

Utora
September 15th, 2006, 03:58 AM
I don't understand you Kiva. Seriously.

Come into my home and see how life is, then make such a statement. I am not blowing it out of proportion...I assure you comrade. i am tainting nothing. My father is tainting our relationship. I forgive him, but he does it over, and over, and over again. You couldn't understand so I speak no more of it.

@Bahati : Well..I can only pray that hasn't happened.

lion_roog
September 15th, 2006, 05:20 AM
It sounds like everyone is more upset with your Dad being a hypocrite in this situation than the fact that he looked at porn. When a man looks at porn it doesn't really mean anything emotionally. It a physical thing and since a man's sex drive is physically driven, it's a lot more common for us to look at and enjoy porn. I recommend your family keep communication open rather than shunning your father or anything like that.

Utora
September 15th, 2006, 05:23 AM
We keep it open. Good advice roog. It's my dad that shuns everyone else....I donno why I'm angry..I just am.

My father doesn't like being his true self, therefore I can't really approach him. He just shooves us away in that sense. It's difficult, but I got two years 'till I'm gone.

Only-now
September 15th, 2006, 05:27 AM
Wish my advice would have gotten that response...since I generally said the same thing..just in more detail *laughs*. Sorry if I upset you further...was only trying to help. I'll stop now.

~Kiva

Utora
September 15th, 2006, 05:37 AM
No...I'm sorry Kiva...I'm confused and in a bit of denial here. I'm sorry, forgive me. Your advice was probably true..but it's hard for me to agree to anything about this situation...because I've never felt or communicated with these feelings before.

Only-now
September 15th, 2006, 05:40 AM
It's alright. The advice is for you...so i don't wanna make it about me by complaining etc. I'm sure the "answer" so to speak, will come to you once you have a little time-distance from the actual event. Need anymore help you can ask me. Though I don't think I have your msn address anymore (at least I never see you on).

Oh,and I like your avatar btw...you know a nice tiger rump is always a good sight! *laughs* just kidding...well maybe for Kiva it is on the other hand..heh.

~Kiva