PDA

View Full Version : TinTin Movie

Azerane
March 11th, 2007, 12:25 AM
First read it in the paper, Steven Spielberg's DreamWorks is going to make at least one TinTin movie. It will be released in about 2 years... so probably 3 :p Hehe, and they're not sure which of the books will be used as a first movie script.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/film/2502495.stm

I remember watching the TV show, I always used to watch it, hehe.

Nephilim
March 11th, 2007, 12:38 AM
Hah... oh, I remember TinTin. I read it a while ago, for all the original racist version lulz. I also used to have a TinTin hat!

TakaTiger
March 11th, 2007, 02:17 AM
wow, i havent herd tin tin in a looonnnngggg time, used to be something i watched as a kid

Dyani
March 11th, 2007, 11:04 AM
Excellent! I loved TinTin!! I think I've still got about 6 TinTin cartoons hidden somewhere in the depths of my video pile.... :thinks:

Azerane
March 11th, 2007, 01:20 PM
Yay, it's not just me that remembers TinTin, hehe. I used to love his dog Snowy, maybe that's just because I'm an animal lover hehe. I do think it will be interesting though to see what they come up with for the movie.

imported_kiara
March 11th, 2007, 02:26 PM
well we're still watching it around here, i have someone thats obsessed with him x) i didnt like it myself much as a kid and still dont do it ..

Azerane
March 11th, 2007, 02:35 PM
Really? Wow... I don't really have too much of a memory of what it was like, but I do remember enjoying it. The only episode I really remember had something to do with an abominable snowman or something :p

lion_roog
March 30th, 2007, 12:30 AM
Aww...I thought it was going to be about Rin Tin Tin: K-9 Cop...:alone:

Marikunin
March 30th, 2007, 12:29 PM
..........my gosh, what have they done?! They're going to ruin a classic cartoon!
(Yes, I watched it on HBO back in the 90s when I was like, 7...)

nathalie
April 19th, 2007, 07:32 PM
Great !

I totally love the comics.
Also saw all those animated epi's they made.

I'm hoping it'll be a "real life" movie though, and not animated.

I'm guessing you mean "TinTin in Tibet" Azerane, hehe.

nathalie
September 21st, 2014, 10:21 AM
Instead of just making a new thread ...

The movie has been out for quite some time now, what did you all think?

I think they did a great job, combining multiple comics together, so you get to see how TinTin meets Haddock.
The only "stupid" part was, in the end, you obviously want them to find the treasure, and it just stops there.

I've seen on IMDB there's going to be a 2nd one, but it doesn't seem to be "part 2" of the story, but a different one.
Which, I don't think is really a good move.
I'm pretty sure there's load of people who don't know anything about TinTin, and don't know the movie is based on a 2-part comic, and are being left hungry, as the movie basically didn't have an ending.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1037226/?ref_=fn_al_tt_3

I also finally bought the animation series DVD box yesterday.

Azerane
September 22nd, 2014, 10:14 AM
When we saw the movie in the cinema I really liked it, when I watched it again a couple of months ago I was less impressed. Particularly with that way over the top scene towards the end where they're fighting with the cranes, it's a bit silly in my opinion. :p