PDA

View Full Version : Music Dconstructed

Lyonize
March 12th, 2014, 08:38 PM
A ton of popular EDM artists are making remixes of Disney songs. Looks like Matt Zo is releasing a remix of our favorite opening song!

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/earshot/dconstructed-disney-kaskade-avicii-armin-van-buuren-687901

Kirauni
May 1st, 2014, 04:07 PM
Jammet just told me that the album has been released. Here's a video with the remixed "circle of life". Or at least it seems to be a part of it... What do you folks say?

http://blogs.disney.com/disney-playlist/2014/04/30/see-the-circle-of-life-in-a-whole-new-way/?cmp=SMC|blgmusic|PlaylistApril|FB|MatZo-TheLionKing|InHouse|043014|||esocialmedia|||

Guntur
May 1st, 2014, 06:34 PM
Wait wait, What am I hearing to be honest. 0.o

It's kinda like Afro Trance or something.

Kirauni
May 1st, 2014, 07:11 PM
Well... I don't know how African Trance sounds, but it could be like that. Yup...
I don't know if I'd be able really "dance" to this music. What do you think, DJ Simba? You're a little bit more experienced when it comes to trance. How do you like this track? And did you listen to the rest of the "dconstructed" album?

Guntur
May 2nd, 2014, 03:04 PM
Well... I don't know how African Trance sounds, but it could be like that. Yup...
I don't know if I'd be able really "dance" to this music. What do you think, DJ Simba? You're a little bit more experienced when it comes to trance. How do you like this track? And did you listen to the rest of the "dconstructed" album?

There's a lot of negative reception on Disney Vevo in Youtube. I don't like it either.

Kirauni
May 2nd, 2014, 03:25 PM
Really? Do you have a link? I'd love to read some reviews.
The funny thing is, I like the first part of the COL-remix. It's rather well done and very melodical. The only things that bothers me is that "roar"-noise... I find it overused and quite disturbing.
Oh and around 2:30 the opening chorus is used again after a short break. I didn't like that either. The break is somehow "unnatural" imho.

Guntur
May 2nd, 2014, 03:37 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q9Afl938pY

It just a youtube link, you see terrible thing in the comment section, and I agree most of the criticism. It just weird, I thought it's going to be a lot better like the Tron remix album, but I was and still crushed over the remix. >.<

Kirauni
May 2nd, 2014, 04:53 PM
Thanks!
Although some comments are rather short, I've learned something new... so this track is "neurofunk"? Never heard of it before, but that explains a lot. So it's supposed to sound that way. Not my kind of music, but tastes can be different. I like the Frozen Remix though.

Guntur
May 2nd, 2014, 05:02 PM
Thanks!
Although some comments are rather short, I've learned something new... so this track is "neurofunk"? Never heard of it before, but that explains a lot. So it's supposed to sound that way. Not my kind of music, but tastes can be different. I like the Frozen Remix though.

You're welcome, I thought it was Afro Fusion, kinda like how Shakira sing for the World Cup.

I am Yet to buy or download the whole album, it sounds cool though. through my first impression on Circle of Life, I might skip this one. =(

Kirauni
May 2nd, 2014, 05:11 PM
Hmm yes, it took some time till I started to enjoy the tracks on the album. I'm currently listening to "Partysaurus Overflow" and it has some really nice beats to it ^^

BTW: Great new Avatar, Guntur! I like it better than your old one. Who drew it?

Guntur
May 2nd, 2014, 05:17 PM
My old friend Kovu draw it for me back in 2005, so all of my current profile at the moment are emulate the glory years of Lea Halalela as I love to use these two images (Avatar and signature)

---------------------

IKR, Well one rotten apple would not spoil the whole barrel on this one (and I refer to the bad cover of Circle of Life). I just need to listen the other track first before judging the whole album.

But you know Circle of Life cover sounds horrible from the start. :lol:

ThiagoPE
May 2nd, 2014, 06:31 PM
Sorry being off topic but Zack you had a great idea in doing that!

Lea is so nostalgic recently!

Enviado de meu GT-S7273T usando Tapatalk

Azerane
May 3rd, 2014, 08:36 AM
This is... odd :lol: I found it very repetitive and quite boring to be honest. In the beginning they were introducing new sounds etc, then it was just like one big boring loop in my opinion. Haha. Definitely not my thing.

Sharifu
May 8th, 2014, 12:20 AM
I don't know what to think about this. I didn't really like the "roar" growling type noise over and over. It was neat to watch though, all the colorful visuals. :lol:

I kind of like the Let It Go remix.

I thought I would of liked the Main Street Electrical Parade remix since I love that parade and it's music, but I didn't really end up liking this remix. It hardly has that "Baroque Hoedown" tune playing in it.

Guntur
June 7th, 2014, 12:56 PM
I bought the Lion King track from the album, It's a late bloomer track, I kinda dig it after listen to it like 10 to 20 times. The track is around 5 minutes than what youtube gave us so there's a bass drop on the second half of the track.

HasiraKali
June 8th, 2014, 05:18 AM
I like the TLK song on here too. I also like the "Let It Go" one.

Lyonize
June 14th, 2014, 05:46 PM
I'm late to reply to my own thread. Oh well.

I'm just now listening to it. This is definitely something I didn't expect from Matt Zo. I was expecting him to do something more along the lines of 128 bpm house but here we have neurofunk around 175 bpm. I kinda like it actually. I like neurofunk but it feels like a weird genre for this song. Then again, 175 bpm matches the tempo of this song much better. The synthesis is good but I don't think it quite works with Circle of Life. Either way, I'll probably spin this on PVFM next time I'm on the air.

One thing I'd like to hear is a good trance remix of To Die For. Something kinda like Tiestos remix of He's a Pirate.

Edit: On second thought, maybe it does work. Neurofunk does kinda sound like a modern electronic take on native African music... I guess.

Guntur
September 29th, 2014, 10:34 PM
Sorry for off topic but Avicii's mix on Derazzed (So Amazing) hit number one on August, Glad people have the love for this album. :)