PDA

View Full Version : [hide] and [spoiler] bb-codes

Nit
February 27th, 2014, 03:51 PM
Here's my idea:

Could you please add new bb-codes?

1. [hide] - hides the text from guests and bots.
2. [spoiler] - the text would remain hidden until until you click [show] button, e.g.:
http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5438/spoiler3st5.png

Kirauni
February 28th, 2014, 07:27 AM
Thanks for your suggestions, Nit!

I thought somethings was missing... It was the spoiler tag. I'm using it quite frequently over at The Savannah myself. So thank you for pointing that one out. Since it's only a small code change, I just added it. And while I was at it, I also added a button in the editor for it. Yay!

http://www.leahalalela.net/images/editor/spoiler.png

I'm sure you know this already, but here is the explanation anyway:

When you click on it you can enter a description for your spoiler. That's the text, that will appear on the button. Then you just have to type the spoiler's text inside the brackets. Et voilą! Finished :)

(SPOILER=Click here!)My spoiler's text!(/SPOILER)

You have to use "[" and "]" instead of "(" and ")".

It will look like this:
My Spoiler's text!

Oh and about the hide tag:
I think it might be handy. However since we'd have to change more than just add a few lines of code, I think we should discuss this in the team first. But thank you for your suggestion. I will look into it :cool:

Guntur
February 28th, 2014, 10:33 AM
I was thinking about this and I was hoping the Forum master to take notice on this one, Glad you did.

Speaking about Hide options, I think this would make a great for all of us for wanting to keep our privacy intact. especially suggestions to hide scar's lair forum.

Azerane
February 28th, 2014, 11:58 PM
I was actually going to ask about the spoiler tag some time ago, but completely forgot :p So it's good to know that we have it now :D

Kirauni
March 1st, 2014, 01:28 PM
I'm glad you like it :)
However, I just noticed that the spoiler-Tag doesn't work on Tapatalk and Forumrunner. Maybe I'll find a fix, but for now just keep that in mind, please.