PDA

View Full Version : Cinderella III?

Kiara Serengeti
February 5th, 2007, 05:08 PM
This has to stop:grrr: The plot is somewhat intriguing, but I'm not sure I want to start over after CII. :p

The evil stepmother conjures up a spell that reverses all of which the fairy godmother did. Everything that she had made (the dress, the horses and the carriage) which were the reasons why and how Cinderella went to "The Ball". So when all the magic is gone will there be a happily ever after all? What will Cinderella do? Find out in Cinderella III.

[ www.amazon.com ]

Your outlooks for yet another direct-to-DVD\vid sequel?

I just loved the art and simplicity of the ORIGINAL Cinderella. I hope this new sequel isn't too bad.

ETA:And some people have already put reviews on Amazon--one even ADMITTED to having recieved a pirate DVD. The reviews have mixed thought. Some loved it, some thought it was middling.

Katari
February 5th, 2007, 05:19 PM
Er..evil-magician-evil-stepmother? I dunno, sounds pretty fishy to me. I haven't even seen Cinderella 2, so I can't comment on developments in that film, but this just doesn't hit me in the right way. Disney is in love with repetitous (sp?) sequels, and this appears to be one of them; if it's of a high quality, I'll be very surprised.

Maybe they should call it Cinderella 3: Happily Never After. :cheese:

TakaTiger
February 6th, 2007, 12:31 AM
there shouldnt of even been a 2nd one.. they lived HAPPILY EVER AFTER! these movies clearly state that they lied in the first one

Katari
February 6th, 2007, 12:37 AM
Exactly, TakaTiger...it's like saying that Pinocchio is no longer a real boy, or that Dumbo can no longer fly, or that Snow White no longer has a castle in the sky to go to.... :eek:

Dare
February 6th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Ugh, my soul cried a little when I heard they were making this abomination.
Once again...the sequel doesn't match the merchandise, but eh, whaddaya gonna do?
Personally, I hate pretty much all Disney DTV sequels...Simba's Pride included. However, Lasseter pretty much killed the Disney sequel machine when he took over. Cinderella III, Little Mermaid III, and a couple of others were greenlighted before he was put in charge, so the plug wasn't pulled on 'em.

Kiara Serengeti
February 6th, 2007, 04:37 AM
They can make sequels to their own films, but not to Walt's! I'm a purist in that sense.

Katari
February 6th, 2007, 04:39 AM
Interesting viewpoint. I, however, think that sequels to Walt's films are fine, as long as said films match up story-wise to what Walt wrote (he didn't really write 'em all, of course, but for semantics' sake).

Ronno Fanatic
February 10th, 2007, 04:11 PM
Oh no..... They ruined the Stepmother! grrrrrr...

Kimbai
February 11th, 2007, 07:14 PM
They killed this poor movie when they made the second one. No way am i gonna see this.

Dyani
February 11th, 2007, 09:20 PM
I cry one word ... *RAPE!!!!*

Lamby
February 13th, 2007, 09:06 AM
Man I didnt even know there was a Cinderella II let alone Cinderella III. Seems kinda weird since like it has been pointed out that they were supposed to live happily ever after...
lol but I guess people living happily ever after is a little unrealistic :lol:

Stormfury
February 13th, 2007, 11:45 AM
I think I'm going to spew... Cinderella chunks. Anything past II is I too many in most cases... so blugh... on Cinderella III..

:p