PDA

View Full Version : Surf's Up

Stormfury
January 31st, 2007, 11:47 AM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/3/3c/Surf%27s_Up.jpg/200px-Surf%27s_Up.jpg

[ http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/surfsup/index.html .]

The animation looks very good in this one.

Kiara Serengeti
April 24th, 2007, 01:51 AM
Hmm...looks a little like they're trying to capitalize on the hype of Happy Feet but it does look cute! I like how they gave the penguins unique designs. Tank looks wicked ;)
I'll probably see it on DVD, because it looks like it might end up with a ton of surfer-attitude stereotypes and catch phrases. Looking forward to that Mike character. :p

HasiraKali
April 24th, 2007, 03:15 AM
Our parks are helping with promoting this. I've heard rumours that we're going to have costumed characters from the movie at the park. See if it actually happens :lol: The penguin encounter in San Diego is being remodeled in the theme of the film.

Dyani
April 24th, 2007, 08:07 AM
I wanna go see!! :wow:
Surfing = teh sex ;)

I've been listening to surf music all my life and the mian character, Cody, I think is a real surfer. Not quite who I'd base the main penguin on (maybe the youngest internationally aclaimed surfer? I forgot his name but he lives in Hawaii.. duh!)

Azerane
April 24th, 2007, 10:09 AM
Hehe, we have a standee for this up at my cinema, and there's a little spot next to the penguins where you can stand so you can have a photo taken, it's quite funny watching people have photos with a cardboard cut out of animated penguins :p

TX-101
April 24th, 2007, 12:38 PM
Looks interesting.

Sadiki
June 15th, 2007, 06:38 AM
Audra and I saw this movie yesterday and we both enjoyed it a lot. It's definitely one of the funniest animated movies ever made if you ask me. The movie was made a unique way but it really fit in perfectly and made it extremely funny. So if you really wanna laugh I sure do recommend this movie ;)

LunarCat
June 15th, 2007, 04:37 PM
it was cute! I wouldn't say it was like totally amazing, but it was cute, some good lines and fantastic character designs :D