PDA

View Full Version : Heroes

Nephilim
January 29th, 2007, 10:01 PM
To all the Americans out there, I guess. Has anyone been watching this? I've been following the series COMPLETELY LEGALLY and I'm really enjoying it so far. New episode tonight! (So tomorrow for me, really.)

Link, (http://www.nbc.com/Heroes/) for those who don't know what I'm talking about. If you're in the US, you can watch the episodes there on the NBC website.

TeeKay
January 30th, 2007, 12:13 AM
Ooh, I've been hearing good things about this. I'm quite looking forward to it. Its due to start here something this week I believe on either Sci-Fi of FX (I forget which, I watch both quite often) I've not bothered with watching this COMPLETELY LEGALLY as there are quite a few other shows that I'm watching COMPLETELY LEGALLY at the moment, so its sky plus for this one.

Only-now
January 30th, 2007, 12:49 AM
Someone at work mentioned it and said it was good, but I haven't watched it yet. It is about people who randomly discover they have super abilities right?

~Kiva

Aurelian
January 30th, 2007, 06:36 PM
I followed the first season very closly, but didn't cath either of the aired episodes of season 2 so far. I have some catching up to do.

Kiva, it is sort of like X-Men, excpet that people are only just finding out about their powers, and their is no "Professor X" to guide them. Also, these people have no controle over their powers. This season revolves around "The list", a computerized list of all the known heroes.

Kovu The Lion
January 30th, 2007, 08:00 PM
i <3333 ittt :$

Nephilim
January 30th, 2007, 08:18 PM
I wouldn't really say Heroes and X-Men are a good comparison, other than DNA-alterations leading to powers. Other than that, the two series are miles apart.

And yup TeeKay, it's being shown on Sci-Fi.

Eeee, Hiro is my favourite, because he's such a geek - lots of Final Fantasy and Metal Gear references, hehe. I like Nikki a lot too.

Shadow
January 30th, 2007, 08:57 PM
man i so badly wanted to see this...well sucks to be swedish eh?....

Mizani
January 31st, 2007, 04:12 AM
It's airing tonight in Aus. It looks like an Mutuant X done right. :Ooo:

Nephilim
January 31st, 2007, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Mizani
It's airing tonight in Aus. It looks like an Mutuant X done right. :Ooo:

Mutant X was terrible. That was obviously just trying to be X-Men. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Roquivo? It's still season one at the moment.

Stormfury
January 31st, 2007, 03:17 PM
Gr8=show, yes? ^_^

Shadow
January 31st, 2007, 08:58 PM
so whats it abut ?...would like to hear some view on it

Mizani
February 1st, 2007, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Mutant X was terrible. That was obviously just trying to be X-Men. :rolleyes:

Oh, and Roquivo? It's still season one at the moment.
Mutuant X was quite horrid indeed. I wonder if it would have been the same if Marvel hadn't pulled out at the last minute. :thinks:

And to stay on topic, I watched the first episode last night. It was better then I expected.
My favourite character so far, would have to be Hiro Nakamura. He has the least amount of angst in his story so far, and he's a mad trekkie.

Nephilim
February 6th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Episode 14 may have just killed off a fair number of the Peter/Claire shippers. :lol:

Fire_Hazard
February 11th, 2007, 03:02 AM
Heroes is totally awesome!! :3

I totally agree with Sellian. Hiro is hilarious. ^^

Prince Simba
February 12th, 2007, 10:46 PM
I watched an episode and it looked pretty good.

Mizani
February 13th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Sellian
Hiro is frigging rad. I've seen five episodes of it, and Hiro is hilarious.

The guy who plays him also plays Franklin in Scrubs. :D
Wow, I didn't even realise that.
I love Scrubs, such a good show.

Anyway, I saw episode two last Wednesday. Again, I was blown away. And Hiro would still have to be my favourite character. :vitsm:

I'll be watching episode 3 tonight.