PDA

View Full Version : small interview Jason Weaver

nathalie
February 10th, 2014, 01:54 AM
http://www.sohh.com/2011/09/i_was_recruited_by_elton_john_disney.html

It's not new, but I just came across this while watching a newest Big Bang Theory episode with James Earl Jones, and wanted to look something up he says in the show.

Guntur
February 16th, 2014, 12:17 PM
It's a good and strange irony that J Weav released a song with Chingy "One Call Away" on the same year as the Lion King released back in 2003.

I really think that his pocket were full back in 03 over song hit One Call Away and successful launch on The Lion King DVD back in 2003

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Z8qZyeE_bE

Here's my favorite song by him, the song was made around The Lion King was big back then.

As for the interview, I'm glad Elton John, Tim Price and Disney have faith on him on the film and I'm glad it work really great for us fans.

I believe the film also give good interest and new fan on Elton John, and J Weav himself.

nathalie
February 16th, 2014, 01:20 PM
Who is "J Weav" ?? ;)

I had heard about Elton John before Lion King in 1994, but I guess it's because of the movie I became an actual "fan" of Elton.
I'm glad I got to see him at least once live. Before his prices went up and up and unafordable, lol.

Guntur
February 16th, 2014, 03:43 PM
:lol: his stage name? :confused: :idiot:

I'm an Elton John fan AFTER I watch the movie, The Lion King material has to be one of his best materials.

As for Jason Weaver I wish him well on all the future of his music and acting career. I enjoyed some of his movies to be honest, Drumline, TLK, The Lady Killer.

Azerane
February 17th, 2014, 07:00 AM
For a minute I couldn't remember who Jason Weaver was, does that make me a bad TLK fan? :lol:

And like Elton John needed TLK to be successful though :p

cleargreenwater
February 17th, 2014, 01:31 PM
And like Elton John needed TLK to be successful though :p

Seriously though, Elton John is *extremely* grateful to TLK and really does credit his success to it, he said so himself. I caught an interview with him on TV a few years ago when the Gnome movie was coming out, and he went off on a tangent about TLK. He said he never would still be here as a performer if it wasn't for Lion King. By the late 80s his star was in the trough, his lifestyle was obliterating his success & he was pretty much a has-been and in rehab a couple times. That TLK was his second chance and saved his career. I was shocked to hear so many years later just how *important* he felt TLK was. And the interviewer hadn't even asked about TLK, he just....Elton John just really owes/credits the movie with a debt of personal gratitude.

I got warm fuzzies, so it isn't just a benchmark experience for us fans, it was for Elton John too!

Guntur
February 17th, 2014, 02:22 PM
Everyone who was part of the production felt grateful over the success of the movie. Everyone who saw Lion King back in 94 or on DVD in 03 enjoyed the whole aspect of the movie. I remember the movie directors said one of the vital part of the movie is the music that made by Hans Zimmer, Lebo M, Elton & Tim Rice.

From what we look back over the story, it just jump start or make a big career over TLK. Hans Zimmer is the most profile movie composer of our time, Elton John big come back with Candle in the Wind, Aida and his big solo career, Lebo M oversee the TLK musical. I met or chat with couple musician that Hans Zimmer score in TLK mark a blueprint in their career. What I like about TLK is the whole package that inspires people around the world. I for one was inspired by the music of TLK and it just motive me to tell my self that anything is possible and look back on TLK as a inspiration and blueprint.

cleargreenwater
February 18th, 2014, 02:13 AM
Yeah, I was really surprised to hear it from Elton John voluntarily like that on a major network morning show though, and this was only like 2 years ago. I mean, he was the Rocket Man before TLK, he could've kept quiet and played it off like it was all the same in the career of a superstar :lol: