PDA

View Full Version : Anastasia - 20th Century Fox

Sam//x*
January 20th, 2007, 04:29 PM
I dont Know if a thread has been made about this movie already but i couldnt find one and if their is feel free to delete:

I Love this film!! most animated movies that i like that have a great soundtrack are disney but this one is a BIG exception. I think it has a great story and the music is awesome. All the characters are just soo cool and fit really well to the story line. I have this film now on DVD and VHS and it one of my favourite films ever. What do you think? :D

Anyango
January 20th, 2007, 11:28 PM
I agree, This film is a huge exception to many other films that're usually animated by peopel other than disney. I really enjoyed all of the songs, the voice actors were amazing and just. Ah, It was beautifully written. There's only one thing that makes it better for me. It has one of my all time favorite Voice Actors in it.

The odd part is? He plays very minor roles in it. A Guard, The ticket boothe guy, and (well kinda major kinda not :P ) Anastasias father! <3 His name is Rick Jones. He's very vrey cool.

But anyways, back on track. I loved the character designs in this movie, and the nice free-flowing animation was great and not to mention the the special effects. ;3

Kovu The Lion
January 21st, 2007, 10:26 AM
Lol lawl ^

Don't click the link unless you want p4on.

Dyani
January 21st, 2007, 11:12 AM
Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
Lol lawl ^

Don't click the link unless you want p4on.

:confused: O....K..

Yeah I love this film. Once Upon A December is one of my favourite songs on it. Even though only a small portion is based on the reality of it, and a very small portion, as well as giving bias to the Romanovs rather than equally giving both sides, this is a nice feel good film. Lol at Rasputin *drowning*, they found the real one drowned.

Fox has warped the facts unbelievably but it is a nice film.

Sam//x*
January 21st, 2007, 11:41 AM
I also love the little bat,Bartok, He really makes me lauigh everytime i watch it !! He ets the funniest one liners !! I havn't got a fave song but i do love Once Upon A December and In The Dark Of The Night,, theyre really good! But really the whole soundtrack is excellent!! :D

Guntur
January 21st, 2007, 12:38 PM
I love the movie, too bad Anastasia doesn't survive during the Revolution though :(.

Lucy Lioness
January 21st, 2007, 12:50 PM
I love this movie! :D I just bought the special edition DVD (mainly for the commentary, I love commentaries *nerd*) with Bartok the Magnificent, which I haven't watched yet.

I agree with Dyani about them warping the facts. I don't think there is much that is historically accurate about this movie, even Anastasia's age is totally wrong. I especially love their portrayal of Communist Russia. :lol:

And omg, Rasputin - the dude who just wouldn't die (according to legend). I once watched a documentary about Rasputin, and if any of that was true, Fox did a LOT of glossing over. Like the orgies and the rumoured affair with Anastasia's mother, even though that probably wasn't true.

:D Yeah, I'm a nerd. :p

Dyani
January 21st, 2007, 01:03 PM
I've researched a bit of Anatasia's past. There was a person who claimed to be Anastasia, called Anna Anderson, who provided a lot of facts that only the intimate family knew. But I'm skeptic as a DNA test after her death proved she was not her. I have a book that was basically her version of events of what happened and her life with the Romanovs, but I am not sure about her. Its a nice idea to think she was Anastasia, but thats best left with romantics.

Rasputin was a very un-Disney character in real life, the orgies etc. The way he went was rather bad too. He was shot, clubbed, ate enouygh food laced with cynanide to kill about twenty people then thrown into a river. A post mortem showed he drowned. Understandable why Fox wanted to erm.. make his death more consumable for the intended audience. There was no boy called Demitri though. Nice to have a romance in it but still, need to get the facts right.

The Romanovs did not die that very night at the beginning, they died painfully and unrespectfully in a cellar. No one knows what happened with Anastaisa, her body was not found with the rest of the family when their remains were discovered about ten years ago.

Nephilim
January 21st, 2007, 03:24 PM
Ahh well, Fox mangled the facts no more than Disney do. ;)

I can't really remember seeing this film, but I don't think I enjoyed it all that much.

Lucy Lioness
January 21st, 2007, 03:38 PM
No one knows what happened with Anastaisa, her body was not found with the rest of the family when their remains were discovered about ten years ago. [/B][/QUOTE]

I thought that, when they found the mass grave, one body was probably missing. And it could have been Anastasia or one of her sisters.

I think she most likely died with her family. I don't know how she could possibly have escaped, even the family dog was shot, so I'm not sure how a teenage girl could have escaped.

Sam//x*
January 21st, 2007, 03:47 PM
I actually didnt know that much about the real story until now, i mean i knew that there was a Romanov family and a monk named Rasputin who wanted to kill them but i never knew it was so gruesome. Maybe it was best to not put in all the details because it sounds too horrible!!

I am glad Fox put a romance in with Dimitri because every good animation should have a bit of romance if it is about a princess!!

Has her body really never been found ? Woah thats creepy! Cause then like no-1 knows what happened to her. Something to think about i suppose.

I still absoloutely love the film though even if all the facts were clouded over!! :D

Anyango
January 21st, 2007, 04:03 PM
Well ya said the guy like orgies right? Maybe he decided to pull Anya out to first have a little fun then later on killed her in another location. *shrugs* I mean, It's done even in modern times.. ^^;

Lucy Lioness
January 21st, 2007, 04:26 PM
Originally posted by Anyango
Well ya said the guy like orgies right? Maybe he decided to pull Anya out to first have a little fun then later on killed her in another location. *shrugs* I mean, It's done even in modern times.. ^^;

:eww: I think Rasputin died before the Revolution. It happened like Dyani said, with the cyanide/shooting/drowning incident. He was killed because people didn't like how close he was with the Tsar and his family, I think. When the Tsar went off to the front in World War One, Rasputin was believed to be influencing Alexandra, the Tsar's wife. I think she thought he could cure her son's haemophilia or something. Then there were rumours of an affair and he was 'done away with'.

Yeah, I'm really interested in the history of the Romanovs and Rasputin.

Sam//x*
January 21st, 2007, 04:57 PM
Woah!! Lucy you really know yer stuff like dont ya?! I soo didnt know any of this so it will come in handy if any of this comes up in my GCSE history course!! Cant believe every-1 knows so much about them.

I know im posting a lot in this thread but im really interested in the subject now :D

Dyani
January 21st, 2007, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Sam//x*
I am glad Fox put a romance in with Dimitri because every good animation should have a bit of romance if it is about a princess!!

Has her body really never been found ? Woah thats creepy! Cause then like no-1 knows what happened to her. Something to think about i suppose.

Every good childs film has a romance in it, even though half of the kids yell *GROSS* when they eventually kiss. Well.. at least I did. :p

No, her body has never been found. No one knows what happened to her. Her Grandmother/great Aunt (?) searched for years after the murders, but all she came across were fakes. She died without ever knowing what happened to Anastasia. Many people believe Anna Anderson was Anastasia but then her DNA wasn't right. Everyone loves a conspiracy, its like the JFK assasination.

Originally posted by Lucy Lioness
:eww: I think Rasputin died before the Revolution. It happened like Dyani said, with the cyanide/shooting/drowning incident. He was killed because people didn't like how close he was with the Tsar and his family, I think. When the Tsar went off to the front in World War One, Rasputin was believed to be influencing Alexandra, the Tsar's wife. I think she thought he could cure her son's haemophilia or something. Then there were rumours of an affair and he was 'done away with'.

Sounds about right... not sure if Rasputin was done away with before or after the Romanovs were captured though. Rasputin actually did stop a lethal bleeding incident with Alexis though. The boy had fallen over and had a bruise. Internal bleeding was set to kill him but somehow when Rasputin was called for, he stopped the bleeding. With this incident, he was given an official status close to the Romanovs. I do think he was doing sommate with Alexandra though. Sommate fishy was going on.

(BTW Lucy, I have a biolography of Rasputin and a book written by Anna Anderson, *proving* who she was. I'll see if I can find the authors for ya, see if there is a website...)

Guntur
January 21st, 2007, 06:39 PM
Nice Lucy, a perfect fact about Anastasia and the Czar(Tsar) family. One question: Why Lenin didn't take part in the movie, even though he's the one who lead the revolution?

I like the song Journey To The Past by Aaliyah ;). A lovely song when you're lonely ;)

Lucy Lioness
January 21st, 2007, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix
One question: Why Lenin didn't take part in the movie, even though he's the one who lead the revolution?

It would have made the movie too complicated for children, I suppose. Too political. Same reasons the real circumstances of the murders of the Romanov family is glossed over with Rasputin selling his soul for some green things in a jar.

I read somewhere that Rasputin actually predicted the deaths of the Romanovs, is that true?

I think this movie has an interesting view of the Communist revolution to say the least. The fact that it's glossed over and symbolised by these evil green spirits is interesting to me anyway.

*sue*
January 21st, 2007, 08:16 PM
well the first time i seen this movie was at your house sam! lol and i have loved it ever since, the person who does anistasias voice is amazing! and the song are so great!