PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King 1½: Hakuna Matata The Lion King 1 1/2 Early Details

Pages : [1] 2

Mufasa
October 2nd, 2003, 07:24 PM
From Disney:

Hilarity reigns in this all-new movie starring Timon and his windy pal Pumbaa -- and featuring the new song "That's All I Need"! Now, in THE LION KING 1 1/2, see how things really happened -- according to their perspective -- in this rip-roaringly funny story within the story of THE LION KING. Find out the truth about some "passed" events -- such as when King Mufasa introduced his young heir to the animal kingdom. Let's just say there was something behind that dramatic moment when all the animals bowed to their new ruler! In this all-new comedy-adventure, Timon and Pumbaa reveal the true hullabaloo behind their departures from their meerkat and warthog 'hoods. Tag along as the two buddies from the brush search for their dream home, share their joys and trials as they raise young Simba using the "Hakuna Matata" philosophy, then cheer them on as they help Simba save the Serengeti and reclaim his place atop Pride Rock. Nathan Lane, Matthew Broderick, and the original voice cast return for this all-new hysterical musical tale -- and meet colorful new characters like Timon's Ma and Uncle Max! Get ready for some king-sized fun with Timon and Pumbaa, the greatest unsung heroes of the savanna. They were there . . . and they ain't LION!

Link: http://disneyvideos.disney.go.com/moviefinder/products/3120503.html

This doesn't sound too appealing. I probably won't be picking it up but I might give it a rental.

Sarabi
October 2nd, 2003, 08:40 PM
I'm not looking forward to this at all. It's not what The Lion King was meant to be. :( I doubt I'll even rent it until I hear how it was by word of mouth. I'd rather not spoil my own ideas!

CW Tyger
October 3rd, 2003, 12:17 PM
The only reason I will watch this movie is because it is a Lion King movie. At least they didn't keep the "Hakuna Matata" subtitle.

Sarabi
October 3rd, 2003, 03:24 PM
Didn't they? I read that the Hakuna Matata subtitle was removed in North America, but in Europe they've since kept it... it's confusing! :hmm:

CW Tyger
October 3rd, 2003, 04:30 PM
Not as confusing as Japan's Final Fantasy games, I guess Disney is taking a page from Squaresoft.

Heh, slightly off on a tangent: Square's turned into a sequel-making company (direct sequels, I mean... there've been Final Fantasy "sequels" for years), and Disney's turned to naming their stuff two different ways. Should've known that Kingdom Hearts would mix things up!

Back on topic: I'm glad I don't live in Europe, then!

Sarabi
October 3rd, 2003, 10:11 PM
Maybe they are, I think it's poor judgement on their part! There could have been plenty of stories to describe were they to think of making another sequel. Timon and Pumbaa aren't important enough to deserve such a limelight. I want to know about the pride, not everything about a meerkat and a warthog. They have their own show, isn't that enough? Besides, it's THE LION KING, not THE MEERKAT AND WARTHOG KING. :confused:

Mufasa
October 3rd, 2003, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by CW Tyger
Not as confusing as Japan's Final Fantasy games, I guess Disney is taking a page from Squaresoft.

Heh, slightly off on a tangent: Square's turned into a sequel-making company (direct sequels, I mean... there've been Final Fantasy "sequels" for years), and Disney's turned to naming their stuff two different ways. Should've known that Kingdom Hearts would mix things up!

Square has always relied on sequels for success. The few times they actually try to create something unrelated to Final Fantasy or Chrono Trigger or Secret of Mana it usually fails. Kingdom Hearts is an exception. And much like Disney they haven't made many good things in the last few years. ;)

unregistered user
October 3rd, 2003, 11:50 PM
Yes here it look be coming out with the name TLK 3 Hakuna matata

i'm sure for the subtitle Hakuna matata because i see it at
www.leroilion.com (huh sorry this one is in french)

That weird, yep, but we also need to wait 2004 :rolleyes:

the smiles are funny here :cheese:

unregistered user
October 4th, 2003, 10:13 AM
Kingdom Hearts is an exception.
I have that!

But, I haven't had a chance to play it with school and my stupid flu.

:rolleyes:

I know Haley Joel Osment's voice is in it, and LOADS of Disney characters. Have you played it? Is it good?

Mufasa
October 4th, 2003, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Vitani
I have that!

But, I haven't had a chance to play it with school and my stupid flu.

:rolleyes:

I know Haley Joel Osment's voice is in it, and LOADS of Disney characters. Have you played it? Is it good?

It's a good game, you can even summon Simba during battles to fight for you. :die: There's also a ton of scenarios from previous Disney movies like The Little Mermaid, Aladdin etc.

CW Tyger
October 5th, 2003, 06:34 AM
Heh, I've yet to play Kingdom Hearts. And I also forgot about the Mana and Chrono games. I was thinking more like Kingdom Hearts II and Final Fantasy X-2, both of which take place about two years after the originals (KH and FFX). And (to bring the conversation back to TLK related stuff, sort of) Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories seems to take place between KH nd KH2, so I've begun calling it Kingdom Hearts 1 1/2. :lol:

unregistered user
October 5th, 2003, 10:46 AM
I hoped TLK3 would be about how Mufasa and Scar grew up, or continuing after Kovu was accepted to the pride, before I started hearing rumours(and later real talk) about the Timon and Pumbaa :( I'm dissapointed.

unregistered user
October 5th, 2003, 12:35 PM
:tears:

I wanted to see Kovu's and Kiara's return too.

Mufasa
October 5th, 2003, 08:17 PM
And (to bring the conversation back to TLK related stuff, sort of) Kingdom Hearts: Chain Of Memories seems to take place between KH nd KH2, so I've begun calling it Kingdom Hearts 1 1/2. :lol:

No worries, Kingdom Hearts is only semi off topic. :lol:

Mufasa
October 17th, 2003, 01:58 AM
Here's a screenshot from the movie courtesy of UltimateDisney.com:

Shawchert
October 17th, 2003, 03:12 AM
*sigh* this is a sad sad moment for us lion lovers and a great glorious moment for the meerkats... anyways they should have had the title "Timon and Pumbaa: 'BLAH BLAH BLAH" it would have made a whole lot more sense!!!! then i wouldn't really be so angry with disney right now

Sharifu
October 17th, 2003, 05:33 AM
I wonder how this movie will turn out. I would also much rather have the movie mainly about the lions... I mean come on, it's called the LION King! But I'll still see the movie, hopefully it will be an ok movie.

Zala
October 17th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the neat pic, Mufasa!
And yes, they should not have called the new movie The Lion King 1 1/2. I was so excited at first since the beginning of this year when I heard a 3rd +TLK movie was being made, only to have my heart fall when I heard it concentrates on Timon and Pumbaa. I will probably still watch it though, as at least there's Simba, Nala, The hyenas and Zazu in it...which is an incentive for me. ^_^ :P

unregistered user
October 17th, 2003, 01:48 PM
I had hoped too, that tlk3 would have been about Mufasa and Taka growing up. But ohh well :rolleyes:

I might as well give tlk3 a chance anyway, I refuse to pay a cinema ticket for it though, but I can afford to rent it...... If its better than I thought I might buy it too, if not I will just regret I ever rented it...

Shawchert
October 17th, 2003, 02:57 PM
ummm it is coming straight to video isn't it?

Zala
October 17th, 2003, 03:39 PM
That's what I want to ask, is it coming out in cinemas or only on video/DVDs?

Mufasa
October 17th, 2003, 05:36 PM
Originally posted by Zala
That's what I want to ask, is it coming out in cinemas or only on video/DVDs?

It's direct-to-video DVD release. :knowdees:

Mufasa
October 17th, 2003, 08:24 PM
Amazon has finally listed some of the DVD specs on their site:

Disc 1 The Movie
Deleted Scenes
Find The Hidden Mickeys

Disc 2 Who Wants To Be King Of The Jungle?
Timon & Pumbaa's Virtual Safari 1.5
The Making Of The Lion King 1 1/2
Timon: Beyond The Legend
Nathan Lane Audio Outtakes
Name That Character
Music Videos And Much, Much More!
Widescreen anamorphic format

CW Tyger
October 17th, 2003, 08:59 PM
It's going to be weird seeing all those meerkats, and thinking, "Wow, all those weird-looking Timons". I seem to remember the meerkats at the beginning of the movie look a little different than Timon does, but it's been a while since I've seen the movie. Any thoughts?

unregistered user
October 17th, 2003, 11:11 PM
I love the FFs and every other RPG they put out! Their RPGs are all best-selling games! And Square haven't been making sequals until recently, which includes KH2, and FFX-2. And since Square-Enix make such excellant games, their sequals will be anything but disappointed. As for TLK 1 1/2, I totally agree with you all. I don't mind Timon & Pumbaa, but when Disney started making them star of the show they somehow angered me greatly. I hate when people keep quoting them. I wish the Pride would eat them or something.

Sharifu
October 18th, 2003, 07:50 AM
I seem to remember the meerkats at the beginning of the movie look a little different than Timon does, but it's been a while since I've seen the movie. Any thoughts?

The meerkats at the beginning of the movie do look different, they look more realistic then Timon does. Oh and hey, Disney has an offical webpage up for The Lion King 1 1/2. I thought you guys might want to take a look at it. http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/animatedfilms/lionking112/index.html

Shawchert
October 18th, 2003, 01:30 PM
hehe i dunno if the pride eats them then there would be no comedy relief ^_^

unregistered user
October 18th, 2003, 06:05 PM
Yeah, I guess your right, but I did like it when Nala tried to eat Pumbaa. Too bad Simba interfered.

unregistered user
October 19th, 2003, 12:17 AM
Timon and Pumbaa aren't /that/ funny... I actually thought they were pretty annoying and pointless. Simba should have lived on his own with someone cooler, LOL.

Sarabi
October 19th, 2003, 03:00 AM
Originally posted by Ultra Yamazaki
I don't mind Timon & Pumbaa, but when Disney started making them star of the show they somehow angered me greatly. I hate when people keep quoting them. I wish the Pride would eat them or something.
I agree.

Shawchert
October 21st, 2003, 06:48 PM
i third that ^_^

unregistered user
October 25th, 2003, 05:38 AM
What's with the Timon and Pumbaa obsession anyway? I always thought of them as more fodder than anything. They're no Rosencrantz and Guildenstern, anyway. They used to have a really annoying cartoon on the Disney channel when I was a wee little munchkin Marjorie.

Marjorie

Mufasa
November 14th, 2003, 07:36 PM
Here's the official cover art for the DVD thanks to DavisDVD:

Sadiki
November 14th, 2003, 11:03 PM
Nice work Mufasa ^^

Snowy
November 14th, 2003, 11:10 PM
Hmm, and yet again Disney proves that there's no-one within their employ in regards to merchandise that can draw the lion characters any more. Honestly, how many times are they going to rely on clipart? Even the little kids are going to start to notice before too long. :eww:

Meh, I just find the clipart Simba to feel slapped on to what is otherwise a quite decent bit of cover art. *squint* I could critique that, but I doubt anyone's interested in such artistic ramblings. :p

Mufasa
November 15th, 2003, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Snowy
Hmm, and yet again Disney proves that there's no-one within their employ in regards to merchandise that can draw the lion characters any more. Honestly, how many times are they going to rely on clipart? Even the little kids are going to start to notice before too long. :eww:

I completely agree. C'mon Disney get it together. :grrr:

unregistered user
November 15th, 2003, 03:25 AM
Thanks for the artwork Mufasa, even though I'm a little concerned how this movie might be. The animation don't look to bad...

unregistered user
November 27th, 2003, 05:40 PM
Hmmm, well actually i would rather have a new lionking movie about the pride during Scars reign, rather that then Timon and Pumpa :confused:

Ngatuny
November 27th, 2003, 11:51 PM
I second that one, that would be a much better movie.

Sadiki
November 28th, 2003, 10:43 AM
well we can't know what happens in the movie so we can only be guessing what is the movie about... but still I agree that Scar story would be nice to see ;)

Princess Nala
November 28th, 2003, 07:28 PM
Movies I'd like to see:

Lion King: Mufasa's Childhood (about Taka and Muffy)
Lion King: Shadowlands (about Scar's reign)

i think this will be a good movie tho

unregistered user
November 28th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Yeah, everyone is starting to get hyped about this movie. We'll just have to wait and see...

Fuzzy
December 28th, 2003, 02:01 PM
I myself dont know how I really feel about this new movie since 1 was (in my opinion) the best movie ever made, 2 was great and we will see about 1 1/2.

But honestly, as far as my Lion King experience's have gone, I think that nothing will ever touch me as deeply as The Lion King (1). As it compares so much to my life, its scary, truly!

But I'm still amped up to see Lion King 1 1/2 on tghe day of its release in hollywood (since I already live here!)

unregistered user
December 28th, 2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by LionKingDomain
I myself dont know how I really feel about this new movie since 1 was (in my opinion) the best movie ever made, 2 was great and we will see about 1 1/2.

But honestly, as far as my Lion King experience's have gone, I think that nothing will ever touch me as deeply as The Lion King (1). As it compares so much to my life, its scary, truly!

But I'm still amped up to see Lion King 1 1/2 on tghe day of its release in hollywood (since I already live here!)

At least someone finally admits they're at least going to watch it. I think it will at least be torlerable, so I won't judge it until I see it. I bet the ones who said they won't watch it will most likely end up watching it anyway. Just watch...:evilgrin:

Sharifu
January 3rd, 2004, 07:32 AM
Oh, I didn't say that I didn't want to watch it. I want to see it.

unregistered user
January 3rd, 2004, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Oh, I didn't say that I didn't want to watch it. I want to see it.

LOL! Not you, I'm talking about the some of the other members who simply refuse to watch it. As I said, if it turns out to be really lame, then I won't watch again. I'll at least see for myself...:hakuna:

unregistered user
January 3rd, 2004, 09:02 PM
I will see it, if the last thing you think about before you see it is the Hakuna matata series...i doubt il be overly dissapointed :)

Sadiki
January 4th, 2004, 01:43 AM
well we have to see what kind of movie that is first before we can't say it's "awful" ( But i afraid worst )

unregistered user
January 6th, 2004, 01:57 AM
I'm looking forward to it. I originally thought The Lion King Symba's Pride was a dumb idea.. but I ended up likeing it alot. So, therefore, I will not judge this one until I see it.

unregistered user
January 6th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Originally posted by Lelimaji
I'm looking forward to it. I originally thought The Lion King Symba's Pride was a dumb idea.. but I ended up likeing it alot. So, therefore, I will not judge this one until I see it.

Same here! I'm glad to see you all agree!:cheese:

unregistered user
January 8th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Well I figure that if I lower my expectations for it, it won't seem to be as horrible if it does end up being horrible, and a bit better in case it turns out to be one of those movie ideas that everyone ridicules, but ends up working in execution. :knowdees:

On another note, I have yet to see Simba's Pride due to Disney's discontinuation of it. :rolleyes:

unregistered user
January 8th, 2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by another_tomato
...On another note, I have yet to see Simba's Pride due to Disney's discontinuation of it. :rolleyes:

Your in luck! The big "D" is re-releasing Simba's Pride sometime this year. Autumn I think...:confused:

Sadiki
January 8th, 2004, 10:53 AM
if i rember right it comes in Finland 10.June or July

unregistered user
January 12th, 2004, 04:03 AM
Well, call me crazy, but I'm really looking forward to this movie. I kind of think that revisiting the original story from a different angle is a clever idea! I realize that The Lion King has a focus on the felines involved, but I think that the stories of the supporting characters are just as vital, whether we like meerkats, wathogs, etc, or not. Then again, this is coming from the girl who's favorite character from the movies is a hornbill, so I guess I'm a bit biased.

I've enjoyed the clips that Disney has up thus far, and I don't think that the animation looks half bad! Did y'all check out the clips from the "Pumbaa's Parade" section as well? My only complaint is that poor Nala looks a bit freaky in the clip that I saw....hopefully she won't look that odd in the rest of the movie!

I've already pre-ordered my DVD, and along with the order, I got two bonus clips to mull over until it comes out. I'm not sure if these links will work, but it's worth a go!

Clip One! (mms://wm.amazon-na-regional-secure.speedera.net/wm.amazon-na-regional-secure/scplay/e18836_3t.asf?HashKey=cc81b9149b7124111505a6adf7e7 3f7a)
Clip Two! (mms://wm.amazon-na-regional-secure.speedera.net/wm.amazon-na-regional-secure/scplay/e18837_3t.asf?HashKey=a0ae42eaf9f0)

Enjoy!
:irule:

Sadiki
January 12th, 2004, 10:37 AM
well they don't work whit my players but maby others got it work :)

unregistered user
January 12th, 2004, 07:11 PM
It didn't work for me either, but thx for trying Zazita!:cheese:

unregistered user
January 12th, 2004, 07:30 PM
Well, rats!

I tried them out again and the first one will play on Windows Media Player for me....the second one isn't doing the trick, though :(

Sorry guys!

Zala
January 13th, 2004, 04:15 PM
Appreciate the effort, Zazita, lovely name and a great avatar to compliment it! I really like your avatar =)
But I can't watch the videos too. :(

Ngatuny
January 13th, 2004, 05:01 PM
I found some pictures from TLK 1 1/2 or 3 if you are in europe.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/dvd/B000163X1G/pictures/ref=sr_aps_dvd_1_2/026-4443533-9212438

unregistered user
January 13th, 2004, 07:37 PM
Cooool!!! Thanks Ngatuny! You rock!;)

Sadiki
January 13th, 2004, 07:51 PM
Nice... that make me think lot of good things about that movie. Just can't wait to be king "Darn" i ment to sey I just can't to wait see that movie i always lost my scripts :confused:

unregistered user
January 13th, 2004, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
Nice... that make me think lot of good things about that movie. Just can't wait to be king "Darn" i ment to sey I just can't to wait see that movie i always lost my scripts :confused:

ROTFL!!!!:lol: :)

unregistered user
January 14th, 2004, 01:35 AM
whats ROTFL Ansem?

Sadiki
January 14th, 2004, 04:29 PM
Rolling On The Flour Laughting( hope i write it right)

Huma
January 15th, 2004, 07:55 AM
I totally agree with Zazita

There is nothing wrong with meerkats or wathogs in anyway. And dirctor's idea about showing the this period of TLK original story is not bad at all.

If you can remember the paragraphs after COTPL part3 chapter 39, the same story about Simba growing with Timon and Pumbaa is really excellent and so toching. The Timon and Pumbaa is very important for Simba and someway they replaced the family member in Simba's heart. How they pacified Simba's hurt? and how they felt hurt when they gradually realized that Simba didn't belong thier life. There are so many things can be carved here.

Whereas, as best as we can know about TLK1.5, the movie evidently won't be that way. If it doesn't work for me, the problum exactly is it's whole comic.

I thought this movie at least has possibility to be successful. Whether it is or quite the contrary. I've pre-ordered DVD and looking forward to turn it out by my own eyes.

Sadiki
January 15th, 2004, 09:41 AM
I'm not 100% sure what you try to say :confused:
But i haven't say that movie is awful i just thinking that movie is not the most interesting story what i like to heard... But i still gonna buy it. ( I just fear that Disney ruins it whit comedy ) ok comedy is great thing in movies but i like to get good story line that is more important to me :cheese:

Huma
January 16th, 2004, 12:08 AM
I just mean that it can be a nice movie just denpends on what will they do (or what have they done)

CW Tyger
January 16th, 2004, 03:14 AM
After so long, I think I know why the rest of the world calls it The Lion King 3, and North America calls it The Lion King 1 1/2.

Back on the SNES, we (North America) received two Final Fantasy games. Final Fantasy 2 and 3. But... 2 and 3 were the numbers given to the North American versions. The real numbers were 4 and 6.

A pattern emerges. 2 is half of 4, and 3 is half of 6. So Disney, having had a successful partnership with the company that made the Final Fantasy games, is doing the same thing. 1 1/2 is half of 3. ;)

Sadiki
January 16th, 2004, 08:18 AM
That make sense... only thing is question... Why?

unregistered user
January 16th, 2004, 01:21 PM
Well, about the Final Fantasy thing, the reason why they changed the numbers was because at the time, Square's games were being published under nintendo, and Nindendo didn't release the REAL Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy III in North America, so when Final Fantasy IV came out, they called it Final Fantasy II in North America to cover it up. Final Fantasy V never made it to North America either, so when Final Fantasy VI came out, they called it Final Fantasy III in North America.

Luckily they corrected this whole mess when they started working with Sony.

As for Disney, I have no clue why the names are different.

Sadiki
January 16th, 2004, 01:25 PM
well i think that is no matther. Name is not so immportant.

Huma
January 17th, 2004, 03:34 AM
yeah, but what about TLK 1 1/2 trailer in TLKSE DVD? If they've got seen it, they will know the coming one is not 3. :confused:

Naline
January 21st, 2004, 01:35 PM
Im going to go out on a limb and say "Im really looking forward to it!"

It's pretty obvious that the film isnt going to stay true to the 'feel' of the lion king universe and there are bound to be many glaring continuity faults, overdone cliches and moments that make u want to cringe but I think that aslong as you resign to the fact that it is NOT the first film, NO sequal will ever be as good and just try to enjoy it then it should be ok.

Personally Im just looking forward to seeing cub simba again!!!!

unregistered user
January 22nd, 2004, 02:03 AM
Originally posted by Naline
Im going to go out on a limb and say "Im really looking forward to it!"

It's pretty obvious that the film isnt going to stay true to the 'feel' of the lion king universe and there are bound to be many glaring continuity faults, overdone cliches and moments that make u want to cringe but I think that aslong as you resign to the fact that it is NOT the first film, NO sequal will ever be as good and just try to enjoy it then it should be ok.

Personally Im just looking forward to seeing cub simba again!!!!

Well said!:browlift:

unregistered user
January 22nd, 2004, 04:34 AM
I'll be the first to second that!

Sharifu
January 22nd, 2004, 06:32 AM
Ooh, this is off topic, but Huma, I really like your Scar pic you have and Naline I like your Young Simba pic. But hey The Lion King 1/2 is coming out soon!

Fuzzy
January 22nd, 2004, 07:22 AM
I'll be the first to second that!

And i'll be the first to first your second with my third! :cheese:

unregistered user
January 22nd, 2004, 07:29 AM
Not going to fourth it...we are all going to see it anyways ;)

Fuzzy
January 22nd, 2004, 07:32 AM
ahhh no forth :( .... lol

Sadiki
January 22nd, 2004, 09:18 AM
ou yeah only about month and it's in finland... why i have to wait everything 2 week longer then others :( :grrr:

Fuzzy
January 22nd, 2004, 09:23 AM
that sucks no doubt!! :(

unregistered user
January 31st, 2004, 08:39 PM
First i wanna say hi and thx for finally joining your forum, i was getting rejected all the time :(

Second i have seen the movie and i dont like it that much as the first 1 in 1994. I dont wanna ruin your pleasure of the movie by telling all the stuff, but 1 thing is for sure this is only a must buy movie if you're a true lion king fan (like me :) i just couldnt wait to 10 february) Well the only think good i found in the movie was (life of timon and hes mother) and (the life in the jungle with simba, Timon, and Pumbaa) beside that i dont like the movie, but now am out of time birthday at my cousin so i will say its a rent worth even if you're not a big lion king fan :D

Have a good day :bleen:

Ngatuny
January 31st, 2004, 08:59 PM
:hugs: Welcome to this forum.

:grrr: How did you get the movie so early?:die:

unregistered user
January 31st, 2004, 09:34 PM
I found it on Irc:confused: i think

unregistered user
January 31st, 2004, 09:35 PM
Soz i got it by EMERALD (group) the 22 January :evilgrin:

Naline
January 31st, 2004, 10:26 PM
Lucky!! I really wanna see it!!!, i know its not gonna b as gud as the first but it still looks interesting!!

WELCOME!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Posting!!!

Sadiki
February 1st, 2004, 07:51 PM
well i gonna wait... don't want to download it...
Because only way to get Disney make more TLK movies is buy those movies. If they don't got money they think that no one interested and stop making those films...
Ouh... And welcome to forum Simba The Cub... hope you got good times in here.

Sharifu
February 2nd, 2004, 07:18 AM
Hi Simba the cub! I like your avater! Did you draw that? It's very nice. =D But anyways, I can't see The Lion King 1 1/2 on the first day it comes out. :Ohno: I'm going to be out of town on the 10th, but when I come back I am going to go buy the DVD and watch it.

Sadiki
February 2nd, 2004, 11:20 AM
well i can't even see it before... March 1st :/
But is still not gonna download it.
Why i have to live place like this... well i think i just got time.

Naline
February 2nd, 2004, 12:50 PM
March 1st!!!! poor poor STM!!! i thought having to wait till February 16th was bad enough!!! :(

unregistered user
February 2nd, 2004, 03:33 PM
Welcome to the forum Simba the cub. :cheese: I think you're really gonna like it here! The people are great, the topics are interesting, and you dont have to dig for your grubs! Slimy yet satisfying! :yuck:
Well, I'd write more but I have to go to work and make fun of all the guys who said my Patriots would'nt win the Superbowl! :wicked:

Welcome again, and have fun. Great avatar by the way.

Sadiki
February 2nd, 2004, 07:46 PM
well if that come in Finland 16.february that is perfect because my birthday is 16.february... TLK 2 come in Finland 16.february

Fuzzy
February 3rd, 2004, 08:08 AM
Well... for those of us who aren't so lucky and *couldn't* see it early..

Anyone getting at all ecxited???!!?

I know i am!=D

Sadiki
February 3rd, 2004, 10:06 AM
7 Days Left... even that not come in here yet :/

unregistered user
February 3rd, 2004, 10:26 AM
welcome to the forum. i won't download it, i will wait for the dvd to be released:stop:

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 03:48 AM
I'm really pleased with the animation that I've seen so far in just the previews for this movie. They seem to have taken this one to the level of a theater released feature. Unlike some other sequels or straight to video movies (i.e. the Aladdin sequels and such)
I think I'm really going to enjoy this one too. I cant wait to get it.......uhh.....so my SON can enjoy it also. Yeah that's it. :;): I may sound really excited.....you know, like a kid at Christmas. I'm just happy for my little boy.......yeah.......:cheese:

What? Whay are you looking at me like that?:confused: .....:hehe:

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 04:37 AM
Well from what I've seen so far, The Lion King 1 1/2 looks like fun. The animation is great. I have a feeling that this is most likely going to be a popcorn movie.

Popcorn movie is a sort of slang term I use when referring to a movie that's entertaining to watch, but isn't going to be winning any oscars or anything like that (Like Army of Darkness. I laugh every time I watch that, but I can't really see Sam Raimi winning the 'best director' award for it).

Although, one of the biggest problems I can see coming up is the fact that the title includes 'The Lion King' in it. Since TLK is widely considered to be the pinnacle of animation, any movie containing that title is going to automatically have extremely high expectations placed on it by the general public. This increases the risk of TLK 1 1/2 getting a good thrashing.

But what the heck, that's not going to stop me from picking up a copy and enjoying it. ;)

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 06:20 AM
I completely agree. I've always said that there is a HUGE difference between critics and fans. Not all movies should be made with the anticipation of that little gold naked man on the mantle. Just keep me entertained and I'll be happy. Speaking of which, I'm watching my favorite live-action Disney movie right now. Pirates of the Caribbean!

CW Tyger
February 4th, 2004, 06:26 AM
I'm neither excited nor am I not excited. Since it's still a week away, I'm indifferent. It's sort of like how I can sleep on the 22nd of December, and the 23rd, but no matter how tired I am on the 24th, I just cannot get to sleep. You know? The excitement, for me, will build up on the last day or two.

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 01:14 PM
wee! i got The Lion King 1 & 1/2 dvd today! finaly!:cheese: :wow:

nathalie
February 4th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Cool!!!

How does it look like? 2 DVD's?

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by blackn0X
wee! i got the dvd today! finaly!:cheese: :wow:

How did you manage to get it early? If my memory serves me correctly, the earliest the DVD is coming out in is Feburary 10 (unless I'm wrong).

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 01:20 PM
hmm, is it possible to post a pic here?

nathalie
February 4th, 2004, 01:20 PM
Here it will be in March, boehoe

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 01:24 PM
How did you manage to get it early? If my memory serves me correctly, the earliest the DVD is coming out in is Feburary 10 (unless I'm wrong).

well i preorderd it from a site called: http://www.dvdstrax.com/ and i got the dvd today, i dunno why i got it so early. but i am glad i got it now :evilgrin: btw the dvd is region 1 and in english only i think:confused: don't think it will be released in norway before 26 february

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 01:25 PM
Well, may your early DVD bring you hours of entertainment!

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 01:26 PM
Well, may your early DVD bring you hours of entertainment!

hehe, yeah i hope it will :D

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by nathalie
Cool!!!

How does it look like? 2 DVD's?

well there is 2 dvds with it, on the first dvd there is a pic of timon and rafiki, and on the other there is a pic of pumbaa.

nathalie
February 4th, 2004, 01:39 PM
These ones?

http://www.sorry.demon.nl/images/DVD%201%20Lion%20King%201.5.jpg

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/tlk15disc1.jpg
http://www.ultimatedisney.com/images/tlk15disc2.jpg

This one is for Holland, and Belgium will probably get another one, a green cover.
http://members.chello.nl/a.dezeeuw5/lionking2.jpg

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 01:56 PM
yeah that's the one but why does it say Lion King 3 on the one on the bottom? my dvd says "The Lion King 1 & 1/2":confused:

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 02:00 PM
Thats because some country have lost their count on how many films about lion king is out so they just call it a 3

nathalie
February 4th, 2004, 03:53 PM
No, that's not it.

In most country's of Europe will be "3". Because most of those country's are also left behind in a lot of things, and Disney stuff is different in some country's.

Like in America "Jungle book 2" is not a classic. When you will buy it here in Belgium, you will see "classic" on the cover.

Think it's stupid. I like 1 1/2 better, than just "3".

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 04:04 PM
here is some pics as a proof that i have the dvd, couldn't find any better image hosting sites

http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v55/blackn0X/DSC00666.jpg
http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v55/blackn0X/DSC00667.jpg
http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v55/blackn0X/DSC00668.jpg
http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v55/blackn0X/DSC00669.jpg
http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v55/blackn0X/DSC00670.jpg
http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v55/blackn0X/DSC00671.jpg
ok, fixed all images, think they should work now :cheese:

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Wow nice ^^

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 04:10 PM
So you got the DVD already or is it?

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 04:41 PM
Originally posted by Simba the cub
So you got the DVD already or is it?

yeah i got the original dvd release :D

btw, does the images work now?

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 05:05 PM
No, that's not it.

In most country's of Europe will be "3". Because most of those country's are also left behind in a lot of things, and Disney stuff is different in some country's.

Like in America "Jungle book 2" is not a classic. When you will buy it here in Belgium, you will see "classic" on the cover.

Think it's stupid. I like 1 1/2 better, than just "3".

yeah i agree! i think it will be named 3 here in norway, but i will buy it anyway.

Sadiki
February 4th, 2004, 08:24 PM
oooh... I'm so jelous... grrrr... and i have to wait about month :( :grrr:

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 08:46 PM
Only 5 days left until its MINE! *Sits and quietly twiddles his thumbs*

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 09:00 PM
Am gonna exchange a DVD i got from christmas for the lion king 1 1/2 since i have no money ^^ :D

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 10:16 PM
does the images on page 2 work now? :confused: can you other people see them?

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 10:53 PM
does the images on page 2 work now? :confused: can you other people see them?

I can see them at least.

unregistered user
February 4th, 2004, 11:38 PM
ok, then i am trying again with some other pics of the dvd menu on cd1 and cd2 :D

CD1 Menu:
http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v55/blackn0X/DSC00677.jpg

CD2 Menu:
http://img18.photobucket.com/albums/v55/blackn0X/DSC00676.jpg

unregistered user
February 5th, 2004, 06:39 AM
Interesting...you might wanna clean up alittle.. ;)

Nice menu's...hmmm wonder if this is going to be good or bad.

Sadiki
February 5th, 2004, 09:06 AM
hmmm... i think i gonna order it from net that i can get it earlyer :/ even that cost much but still...

unregistered user
February 5th, 2004, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Boosy
Interesting...you might wanna clean up alittle.. ;)

Nice menu's...hmmm wonder if this is going to be good or bad.

yeah i know:cheese: , theres cables everywhere back there and it get's even more cables when my computer is to the left there:p

unregistered user
February 5th, 2004, 02:56 PM
By the way, how was the movie?

Zala
February 5th, 2004, 04:06 PM
Grrr...*getting jealous staring at the pics* I have a feeling that LK1 1/2 wont be here on Feb 10 coz it will have to be imported to Asia and I can only watch Region 2DVDs.

unregistered user
February 5th, 2004, 04:07 PM
Well lets cross our fingers for it will

unregistered user
February 5th, 2004, 05:49 PM
By the way, how was the movie?

i liked the movie, it also gives you another perspective of the first lion king movie (on a humoristic way). wait and see for yourself :-)

Sadiki
February 6th, 2004, 10:19 AM
yeah other part of me like to hear everything about that movie but that other part like to see it self.

unregistered user
February 6th, 2004, 12:46 PM
Did TLK 2 ever made it to the cinemas?

nathalie
February 6th, 2004, 12:52 PM
Lion King 2 came out here as a "premiere", means that it came out straight on video. I haven't even seen it here on DVD.

Sadiki
February 6th, 2004, 01:10 PM
i have seen it on DVD but i don't have DVD player when it come in Finland so... i don't have it.

nathalie
February 6th, 2004, 01:12 PM
Never Saw it in Belgium. So I have to wait, until the summer.

unregistered user
February 6th, 2004, 01:46 PM
TLK 2 will come on a Special Edition DVD this fall, it says on a paper inside the cover of TLK1&1/2, and theres a trailer for The Lion King 2 Special Edition DVD on the TLK1&1/2 dvd also.:bleen:

nathalie
February 6th, 2004, 01:47 PM
Let's hope here too :D

Huma
February 8th, 2004, 03:30 AM
I've recived Amazon shipment-confirm. Mine will arrive in 2-3 days. Whatever, I'm so looking forward to it.

nathalie
February 8th, 2004, 10:56 AM
As from the 16th of February, I will order myself the UK version, 2 disc CE, but the cover says: lion king 3, hakuna matata

Sadiki
February 8th, 2004, 02:59 PM
Awsh... I just have to wait... i got money only buy it from Finland :/

nathalie
February 8th, 2004, 03:22 PM
Stupid cover though, grrr...

Don't understand why we can't get the same cover here in Europe...

unregistered user
February 8th, 2004, 03:32 PM
Stupid cover though, grrr...

Don't understand why we can't get the same cover here in Europe...

yeah! i agree!:uhno:

Naline
February 9th, 2004, 01:33 PM
I think the title Lion King 1 1/2 does make more sense than Lion King 3 Hakuna Matata. They should've just kept it the same for everyone.

nathalie
February 9th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Some country's in Europe, always keep left behind

Like those cool Collector's Editions, Disney Treasures ...

And only because, we have region 2, and America has region 1, so we can't watch those dvd's.

Let's pray for better days ... haha

Ngatuny
February 9th, 2004, 04:49 PM
:confused: Yeah, Europe have region 2, and America has region 1 and in Mexico it's region 4 (but some movies are released in region 1 and 4 on the same disk), and the system is also different PAL in Europe and NTSC in USA.
:alone:
But if you have DVD player in the computer you can watch it, I just got my copy of TLK from Germany and it works in the computer with no problems.:D:cheese:

nathalie
February 9th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Copy from Germany? Coooooooooooooooooooool!!!

unregistered user
February 9th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Some country's in Europe, always keep left behind

Like those cool Collector's Editions, Disney Treasures ...

And only because, we have region 2, and America has region 1, so we can't watch those dvd's.

Let's pray for better days ... haha

ever heard of region free dvd players?:evilgrin:
i don't have that problem cause i can play all region dvds on my dvd player :)

Sadiki
February 9th, 2004, 06:49 PM
i have thinken same how my DVD player can play DVDs from China :/

Ngatuny
February 9th, 2004, 06:51 PM
ever heard of region free dvd players?

Yes they are available but not so easy to find in stores and are more expensive.:grrr:

nathalie
February 9th, 2004, 06:55 PM
ever heard of region free dvd players?:evilgrin:
i don't have that problem cause i can play all region dvds on my dvd player :)

Yes I did, but we just have a new dvd-player, for a year now.

But i'm convinsing my boyfriend to put a chip in the dvd player, when garantie is over. Then we can also play every region.

Huma
February 10th, 2004, 03:58 AM
i have thinken same how my DVD player can play DVDs from China :/

All the DVD player in China can play DVDs from any region, And DVDs in China can be played in any region's DVD player.

Sadiki
February 10th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Ok thanks for information...

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 02:28 PM
i used my ps2 to play region free dvd's with a cd that made it region free, but now i orderd a dvd player and i got the store to modify it for me so it will be region free. will get it in a couple of days, here is a pic and some info about it:cheese: http://www.pioneer-eur.com/eur/product_detail.jsp?product_id=4708&taxonomy_id=62-84

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 02:53 PM
We used to have one like that... only the version before that one.

Now we have a Philips, and here in the store they ask about 100 - 125 euro's to make it region free.

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 03:04 PM
We used to have one like that... only the version before that one.

Now we have a Philips, and here in the store they ask about 100 - 125 euro's to make it region free.

well thats way to expensive:eww: , i got that fixed for 33 euro's (had to calculate that from norwegian kroner to euro :p )

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 03:11 PM
depends on here where you let it do

we have a philips, and that person only deals with philips

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 03:15 PM
depends on here where you let it do

we have a philips, and that person only deals with philips

ok, the store that i bought the dvd player from fixes that for me :)

Sadiki
February 10th, 2004, 03:15 PM
Awsh... that is expensive

Sadiki
February 10th, 2004, 03:23 PM
Finaly that day comes... even i can't buy it I wish it's good movie...
Congratulations everyone who have it already
P.S Mail here when you got it

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 03:28 PM
Let's pray it will be this day soon --> 03/03/2004

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 03:35 PM
by the way the price for my new dvd player is 348,38 euro's :bleen: included the modifying to make it region free.

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM
ours was 499,99 euro's, incl. the home cinema system http://www.leahalalela.com/images/smilies/bleen.jpg

haha

Naline
February 10th, 2004, 03:47 PM
I've still gotta wait for the 16th Feb, but i hope all you lucky ones who've got it already enjoy it without us.

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 03:52 PM
I heard that there will come a dubbel dvd here, so now i'm waiting for that.

Because if I pre-order the UK version, than I have 2 same ones.

Naline
February 10th, 2004, 03:53 PM
Double DVD?? What gonna be on the second disc??

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 03:54 PM
first disc, film + extra's

second disc, extra's + games

Naline
February 10th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Oh right, loads fo extras, how much extra can there be??

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 04:10 PM
This is for the Dutch version (is in Dutch, but you can see, it's a lot)
NL uitgave:

DVD: 2-Disc Speciale Uitvoering.
VIDEO: In twee verschillende versies: Nederlands gesproken en Nederlands ondertiteld.

DVD - 2-DISC SPECIALE UITVOERING

Disc 1: Film + Bonusmateriaal

? Zoek de verstopte Mickeys!
? Nooit eerder vertoonde sc?nes

Disc 2:

? Spellen en activiteiten:
Timon en Pumbaa?s virtuele safari: je bent uitgenodigd op een gloednieuwe rit door het park met Timon en Pumbaa als gids en met Timon?s mama en Oom Max op de achterbank. Maar de rit gaat natuurlijk compleet fout...
Rafiki?s raadsel: Rafiki daagt je uit om de verborgen parel te vinden onder de door elkaar gehaalde halve kokosnoten.
Wie is wie: heel wat Disneyfiguren komen Timon en Pumbaa vergezellen op het einde van de film. Weet jij wie ze zijn aan de hand van hun silhouette?

? Bonusmateriaal:
Timon: het verhaal achter de legende: in deze documentaire gaan we op zoek naar Timon?s oorsprong. Samen met een interview met Pumbaa, Timon?s ma en zijn Oom Max tonen home movies en snapshots hoe Timon opgroeide.
Voor het begin: Achtergrondreportage van The Lion King 3 ?The making of?. Brad en Simon, de regisseur en producer van The Lion King 3, leveren net als Timon en Pumbaa, commentaar op het het maken van de film.
?Grazing in the grass? Muziekvideo uitgevoerd door Raven.

TECHNISCHE SPECIFICATIES

INTERACTIEVE MENU?S
DIRECTE SC?NE TOEGANG
TAALKEUZE
Dolby Digital 5.1: Engels / Nederlands / Frans / Bulgaars
ONDERTITELING
Engels / Engels voor doven en slechthorenden / Nederlands / Frans / Bulgaars
BEELDFORMAAT
16 x 9 / 1:66:1
SPEELDUUR
73 minuten (exclusief bonusmateraal)

For the American / UK version:

The Walt Disney Co.'s pint-size Lion King will return in a home video version next spring to bridge the action from the original 1994 animated feature and the 1998 direct-to-video sequel 'The Lion King II: Simba's Pride.'

'The Lion King 1 1/2,' due in early spring 2004, will offer an 'irreverent, edgy, humorous back story' to the original told from the perspectives of characters Timon and Pumba, who are again voiced by Nathan Lane (news) and Ernie Sabella, respectively.

Matthew Broderick (news) will reprise his role as Simba, while Elton John (news) and Tim Rice -- who won the best song Oscar for 'Can You Feel the Love Tonight' from 'The Lion King' -- return with the new song 'Meerkat Rhapsody.'

Disney has high hopes for 'Lion King 1 1/2,' which will not carry a subtitle in the fashion of 'The Lion King II: Simba's Pride.' The original 'Lion King' will be out in a first-ever Disney DVD two-disc set Oct. 7 with a new John-Rice song, 'Morning Report,' and loads of special features. That will be followed by 'Lion King 1 1/2' and then a special-edition DVD version of 'Simba's Pride' in fall 2004.

Slipping the video premiere of 'Lion King 1 1/2' between the 'Lion King' and 'Simba's Pride' rerelease 'reflects a philosophy that the property is bigger than any one channel' of release, said Robert Chapek, president of Disney's Buena Vista Home Entertainment unit.

"Lion King 1 1/2' will be marketed to the broadest possible audience, from 'anyone who bought the original 'Lion King' plus anyone who's come into the marketplace since then,' Chapek said. Ad spending and marketing campaigns have not been defined, but they will reflect the importance of the franchise, he added.

Disney also will attempt to hook new consumers on the original's two-disc DVD with surround sound that is being specifically designed and mixed for home theater systems.

'This is going to be a whole new experience for consumers who have 'The Lion King' on VHS already,' Chapek said. 'The theatrical mixes are certainly optimal for theaters, but home theaters are set up differently. So our philosophy was, a movie like this deserves special customized mix for (DTS) 5.1 customized home channels, and that's exactly what we did.'

The yearlong publicity and advertising effort also will be boosted by a new wave of licensed merchandise to create in-store displays and keep the franchise visible to consumers, he said.

'The Lion King 1 1/2' DVD will also provide music videos, deleted scenes, behind-the-scenes views of how the movie was made and two featurettes: 'Timon -- The Early Years,' a mockumentary tracing Timon's childhood through tongue-in-cheek interviews with family and friends; and 'Disney's Funniest Moments,' highlighting Disney animated characters from the Seven Dwarfs to Brother Bear.

Two games also will be included: a virtual safari 'backlot tour' through the Pridelands and a 'Lion King' trivia game in the format of a 'Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (news - web sites)' parody.

The Lion King 1 1/2
Release Information:
Studio: Buena Vista Home Vid
Theatrical Release Date: February 10, 2004
DVD Release Date: February 10, 2004
Run Time: 77 minutes
Production Company: Disney
Package Type: Keep Case

Aspect Ratio(s):
Widescreen anamorphic - 1.78:1

Discographic Information:
DVD Encoding: Region 1
Available Audio Tracks: English (Dolby Digital 5.1), English (5.1 DTS ES), French
THX Certified

Edition Details:
? Encoding: Region 1
? Animated, Color, Closed-captioned, Widescreen, Dolby, DTS Surround Sound
? Disc 1
? The Movie
? Deleted Scenes
? Find The Hidden Mickeys
? Disc 2
? Who Wants To Be King Of The Jungle?
? Timon & Pumbaa's Virtual Safari 1.5
? The Making Of The Lion King 1 1/2
? Timon: Beyond The Legend
? Nathan Lane Audio Outtakes
? Name That Character
? Music Videos And Much, Much More!
? Widescreen anamorphic format
? Number of discs: 2

Naline
February 10th, 2004, 04:14 PM
WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DOOD!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the info nathalie!!

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 04:22 PM
Thanks for the info nathalie!!

nothing :bleen:

DOOD

you speak Dutch already? "dood" means dead, haha

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 04:25 PM
Naline old chap, dont die, you wouldnt want me to get all the brandy and cigarrs would you ;)

Naline
February 10th, 2004, 04:28 PM
HAHA!!! Soz nathalie i didn't realise (i meant dude, but i just spell it weird.)

I'll try old bean, but if i did, i guarantee you i'll take the brandy and cigars with me!!! Hehe!!!

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 04:30 PM
dude --> Finding Nemo, haha

was just a joke ...

unregistered user
February 10th, 2004, 04:36 PM
dude --> Finding Nemo, haha

was just a joke ...

Haha i remember that :)

nathalie
February 10th, 2004, 04:40 PM
loved it, the way the little turtle said it

Huma
February 11th, 2004, 12:24 AM
why we're still talking about region? It's the releasing day, any news? Mine is still on the way, I'm wondering what happened to the canada post.:thinks: :huh:

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 12:37 AM
So, how was TLK 1 1/2? I just got it, and am getting ready to see how it is.

Ngatuny
February 11th, 2004, 12:59 AM
:confused: I don't know, I don't have it yet, you tell me how was it.:lol:

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 01:34 AM
I just finished it not too long ago. It's good solid fun (although it doesn't come close to touching the original in my opinion). But its definitlely worth a watch (or more). I haven't gotten a chance to check out the special features yet though.

To all who have yet to get their copy: Hang in there!

Fuzzy
February 11th, 2004, 02:48 AM
I went to Wal-Mart at midnight (since I was working near one and it was easy to sneak over there) and bought it as it was released.

I watched it in my car on he job and was quite impressed with how they merged it in with the original lion king. I had truly expected much less but and very pleased with the result!!

And I am glad to see that Simba's Pride will be re-released on DVD.. Hard to find that movie on the shelves..

Anyway!! Cool movie!!

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 02:56 AM
i just rented it tonight and I'm about 10 minutes away from starting it. I'll let you all know what I think. :cool:

Huma
February 11th, 2004, 03:05 AM
Hey guys, I just received it while I'm looking your posts, how funny, I'm gonna check it out later

Kintaru
February 11th, 2004, 03:33 AM
Just got my copy, gonna go watch! :hakuna:

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:56 AM
I LOVED IT!! My wife and I were laughing out loud with so many parts of this film. This is definately a keeper!

Fuzzy
February 11th, 2004, 06:06 AM
I think that TLK 1 1/2's anamation is very well concived! young Simba really look's like work was put into him.. :gasp:

Huma
February 11th, 2004, 06:17 AM
yeah, that dancing bug joke is my favorite

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 07:23 AM
Hmmm. Too bad Iron's didn't bust out any new dialog, eh? I was really looking forward to seeing Scar again... but they only show him falling off the cliff! Grr. And, was it really so hard to get Atkinson for that one liner? Yeah, I'm sorry for complaining so much, it really was a good movie overall.:evilgrin:

Sadiki
February 11th, 2004, 08:21 AM
*sitting and watching clock...* Awws stil have to wait about 3 weeks. "Grrr..."

nathalie
February 11th, 2004, 10:07 AM
me too :tears:

Fuzzy
February 11th, 2004, 11:19 AM
*sitting and watching clock...* Awws stil have to wait about 3 weeks. "Grrr..."

I have sympathy for you my freinds.. :(

Fuzzy
February 11th, 2004, 11:31 AM
I'm curious where do you guys get your news of forgin release.. maybe the same way we do, by previews??

nathalie
February 11th, 2004, 12:17 PM
i'm also active on belgium disney-forum, and there is a person who stands in contact with disney holland, easy :D

Fuzzy
February 11th, 2004, 12:38 PM
Gotcha.. So i take it, it isn't quite as easy for you guys :(

nathalie
February 11th, 2004, 12:49 PM
It's easy for me, releases in Belgium and Holland are the same.

But not the same like in other country's. Like Lion King 3, I have to wait until March 3rd.

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 12:50 PM
when why dont order it online?

nathalie
February 11th, 2004, 12:55 PM
Because we don't have VISA.

And I can't play the American version. But maybe I'm gonna order the UK version, but also have to wait till next week.

Ngatuny
February 11th, 2004, 02:47 PM
Well I just found out it's comming out March 19,:grrr: so I am going out later today to see if I can find the US import DVD.

Princess Nala
February 11th, 2004, 02:51 PM
I got the movie, and I LOVED it.

Awesome movie. It was hilarious, and got into Timon's history. I really like Timon and Pumbaa now ;)

Fuzzy
February 11th, 2004, 02:58 PM
Yeah i have earned a new respect for those chars. now also!! ;)

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 04:34 PM
My favorite part was when they pause the movie at the waterfall part and Pumbaa goes to get a snack. I wont give it away. When you guys get it just remember that part. :lol:
You'll see.

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 04:45 PM
i had the DVD since 4 february :D

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:31 PM
haha i had it since d..... oops wrong :/ i DIDNT have the DVD

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:35 PM
haha i had it since d..... oops wrong :/ i DIDNT have the DVD

lol! :lol:

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:36 PM
i was wrong there ;) i only had the movie NOT the dvd :D

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:38 PM
hehe, ok i see you've downloaded the movie in svcd? right?:bleen:

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:39 PM
you can call it that :) IT surprised me by being in DVD quality since i got it back in 10 January

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:43 PM
well i think the movie was done along time ago, (this is what i think) but then some guys who deliver them got them at that time and then they just rip it and release it on the net.

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:44 PM
oops oops not just guys they are called EMERALD and hey they ripped it the 10 january which you can see in the zip which both files are changed the 10 january

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:45 PM
but enough of this WaR3Z talk :D

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:46 PM
oops oops not just guys they are called EMERALD and hey they ripped it the 10 january which you can see in the zip which both files are changed the 10 january

yeah yeah i know, all the groups who release warez have diffrent kinds of names.

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 05:47 PM
but enough of this WaR3Z talk :D

hehe, yeah youre right, warez is illegal after all

Kintaru
February 11th, 2004, 08:03 PM
I liked it, not nearly as epic as the original of course, but that's to be expected heheheh. Good fun. :cheese:

Though one thing about the film really bothered me for some reason, and it's in the scene where Nala's explaining things to Timon and Pumbaa. Maybe it's just me but they didn't draw her right, her colors seem all wrong. Especially her eyes, how do you get that wrong? :mad:

nathalie
February 11th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Well if you look at Simba in "The morning report" you can also find so many differences then the "normal" Simba from 1994.

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 09:31 PM
Originally posted by Kintaru
I liked it, not nearly as epic as the original of course, but that's to be expected heheheh. Good fun. :cheese:

Though one thing about the film really bothered me for some reason, and it's in the scene where Nala's explaining things to Timon and Pumbaa. Maybe it's just me but they didn't draw her right, her colors seem all wrong. Especially her eyes, how do you get that wrong? :mad:

yeah your right theres somthing different with her now.:confused:

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 09:35 PM
by the way, why did you change the signature picture you had nathalie? i liked the old one better :D

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 09:40 PM
Heh, i like em both :)

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 09:55 PM
Well lets say that all the writers back in 94 who did TLK 1 have become old (yarg) and for somehow they cant remember how they draw them? but try to make them as good as the originals :D

unregistered user
February 11th, 2004, 10:19 PM

Well, TLK 1 1/2 has an entirely different set of animators than the original. Most of them seem quite adept at emulating the original animators' work, so I guess whoever was assigned to Nala just couldn't get it quite right.

Kintaru
February 12th, 2004, 01:20 AM
Well I certainly understand that they were different animators, though that doesn't really explain it. I mean there's character sheets of Nala even on the SE DVD of all the concepts, so I'm sure they have records of them. I dunno guess it just bothers me for some odd reason.

But since the coloring is done by computer, it shouldn't have been a problem and all you gotta do is copy off the colors from the orig. Not trying to put down the movie, I just don't understand why her colors wouldn't be right. I don't know too much about animation, but I think I know enough that it just doesn't seem to make any sense.

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 02:24 AM
ROTFL! That was funny! I never laughed at Timon & Pumbaa since TLK! I liked it, much better animation than TLK 2. I'll still TLK 2 to my DVD collection when comes out on DVD again!

Fuzzy
February 12th, 2004, 05:14 AM
It will be nice if they release a special edition set of all three.. whouldn't you agree Ansem? ;)

nathalie
February 12th, 2004, 12:20 PM
by the way, why did you change the signature picture you had nathalie? i liked the old one better :D

1. A friend made a new one, so would be normal to use it =D

2. I read that some people had pc troubles because of it.

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 02:06 PM
It was great, in my mucho huble opinion. Despite the fact that Nala wasn't nearly as goodlooking as she was in the original, it was a great film. I went and forced my sister to drive me to Wal-Mart immediatley after school on Tuesday so I could buy it. Very good, but, of course, it doesn't come close to The Lion King. I'll avoid spoilers.

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 02:09 PM
1. A friend made a new one, so would be normal to use it =D

2. I read that some people had pc troubles because of it.

ok, i think that was only 2 or 3 people, my pc doesn't have a problem with them :p . i think they turned off signatures anyway

nathalie
February 12th, 2004, 02:24 PM
i know, but now it's easier for everyone

Vidan
February 12th, 2004, 02:57 PM

I have TLK1.5 in my computer right now & checked it against some images from the first film. You're right, the scene where she's explaining Simba's returning home, the ring around her pupil is now green (mostly grey in the first film) and she is noticeably more yellow.

Theory: I'm not sure what time of day it's supposed to be--no clear view of the sky--but the crickets in the BG would suggest nighttime. Furthermore, the background is green, so maybe this has something to do with it. The first film was pretty good with dynamic lighting, maybe an attempt was done to do the same here ...

I did notice that the actresses' voice has noticeably deepened. It's like we got a Nala from an alternate universe. :horror:

unregistered user
February 12th, 2004, 02:59 PM
i know, but now it's easier for everyone

yeah, you are probably right. :ayecapn:

nathalie
February 12th, 2004, 03:08 PM
Is it not Moira Kelly anymore who does the voice of big Nala?

Vidan
February 12th, 2004, 03:11 PM
Is it not Moira Kelly anymore who does the voice of big Nala?

It is Moira Kelly ... but she sounds different, specifically, older. That would make sense. Or is it just me?

nathalie
February 12th, 2004, 03:12 PM
well, after 10 years ...

have you heard Jonathan Taylor Thomas his voice lately ...

Vidan
February 12th, 2004, 03:16 PM
Speaking of voice talent. I wonder why Amazon.com lists the voice of Young Simba as Shaun Flemming, when the DVD end credits list Max Weinberg. I have no idea who these kids are so I can't tell the difference anyway, but I thought it strange.

nathalie
February 12th, 2004, 03:31 PM
I must say, between Jonathan Taylor Thomas and Jason Weaver in 1994, wauw, I don't hear a dirrence at all ...

And Matthew Broderick, has a singing voice in Lion King 1 and another one in Lion King 2 ... Can't tell the difference eather.

unregistered user
February 13th, 2004, 10:22 AM
i'm gotta go scenne look very very Funny :p

unregistered user
February 13th, 2004, 04:37 PM
Originally posted by LionKingDomain
It will be nice if they release a special edition set of all three.. whouldn't you agree Ansem? ;)

I simply do agree ol' chap! Cheerio!:ayecapn:

Sharifu
February 20th, 2004, 05:04 AM
I have not yet said here what I think about the new Lion King movie, The Lion King 1 1/2. I thought in this topic we can say what we liked about the movie, and what we didn?t like about the movie, and what you overall think of the movie.

Well, I first watched the movie they day after it came out. (Because I was busy the day before) I watched it with my mom and little sister. After the movie was over, I am sorry to say, I didn?t like it much... Ok I?ll say my reasons why...

I don?t like how Timon and Pumbaa use a remote and big screen to tell their story. They are putting human items in a Lion King movie! That really bothers me! I like how in the Lion King universe, there are no humans. I don?t want human objects in the Lion King movies! There is another way Disney could of told the story. How about Timon and Pumbaa telling their story to Adult Simba and Kiara or something? It could be called The Lion King 3 where Timon and Pumbaa tell their story to Adult Simba, Nala, Kiara, Kovu or whoever! I think it would of been much better that way! And I just don?t like 1 1/2 after the movie?s name. The movie doesn?t have to take place before Simba?s Pride, so why did they call it that? I just think it sounds stupid and degrading...

Why do they advertise this movie as music done by Elton John and Tim Rice? There are no new songs by them in this movie that I can think of! (And I?ve seen this movie twice) Digga Tunnah wasn?t written by Elton John and Tim Rice! And if they are talking about ?That?s All I Need,? that song is like Warthog Rhapsody but some of the words are changed. That was written by Elton John and Tim Rice a way long time ago before this movie was made. And if they are talking about the original TLK songs that were in the first movie, that wasn?t made for this movie! I think it?s tricky and sneaky how they did that. I was hoping for some really new and neat TLK songs in this movie, and I was disappointed... The Lion King II Simba?s Pride had really neat new African sounding songs, and Elton John and Tim Rice did not work on this movie. (Although I know He Lives in You was made before this movie, it was on the Rhythm of the Pride Lands CD) And the only song I think in Simba?s Pride that didn?t really sound African was Love Will Find a Way. It?s a pretty song, but it just doesn?t sound African enough, you know?

Ok, did anyone else find it annoying after a while that Timon and Pumbaa were everywhere Simba was before they even knew Simba? It was cute and kind of funny how they woke up to Simba?s I Just Can?t Wait To Be King, but after that it just got old. When they were in Be Prepared, my sister and I just looked at each other and thought, ok this is getting stupid. And it bugged me that they were there in the gorge during the stampede! They didn?t have to be there! Disney did not need to add that to the movie! They could of found their jungle another way! I don?t think it?s funny to make a joke out of the stampede. It was the saddest and one of the most emotional parts of The Lion King, and I didn?t think it was funny.

Another thing that bugged me about this movie was how it didn?t make sense with the first movie. In the first movie, Timon says to Nala, ?Who?s the monkey?!? So Timon obviously did not know who Rafiki was, so he could not have met him in the past. When Simba and Nala met up with each other in the Jungle, Timon and Pumbaa were in the wrong places at the wrong time in this new movie. (Simba and Nala were saying, ?Wow! Where did you come from? It?s great to see ya!? etc. Timon and Pumbaa were just starting to talk to them during that part in the original TLK, not talking to each other from a distance) Ok, maybe that?s being too nitpicky. ;) But what about the end of the movie?! When Timon, Pumbaa, Uncle Max and Timon?s Mom were trying to get rid of the hyenas. That never could of happened! This was going on while Simba was confronting Scar. Remember in the first movie when Simba says to Scar, ?Murder...? then Scar says, ?But Simba, I am family! It was the hyenas who were the real enemies, it was their fault, it was their idea!? Then the hyenas were there listening to him, then they started growling and backing away! So they couldn?t of been there trying to get Timon and Pumbaa!

Oh, and I didn?t like it how all these Disney characters came at the end to watch the movie. I don?t like combining the universes of other Disney movies into another, especially my favorite The Lion King.

And Timon and Pumbaa didn't go back to the jungle in the end! They stayed with Simba in the pridelands!

Ok, now I will say some things I did like about the movie... I did like seeing the hyenas again, and they looked well animated. Some parts of the movie was funny, but I didn?t think too much of it was funny. I did think it was funny though when Timon?s mom kept talking to Timon as he was walking away and Timon couldn?t hear her.

Young Simba was animated really well, it was cute seeing him again, and seeing him grow up with Timon and Pumbaa.

The animation was good... for TV Animation. It doesn?t look much better to me then Simba?s Pride. Maybe just a little bit. Simba?s Pride and 1 1/2 both have good animation, but it?s nothing like the original. The original just looks so much better, and TV animation can never seem to get it to look like the original.

So all in all, I did not like this movie that much... Simba?s Pride is a WAY better sequel then this movie I think. And Simba?s Pride is ok, even though it made a bunch of plot holes. (Where did the outsiders come from? etc...) Simba?s Pride had a pretty good story, songs, and had new lions characters. The Lion King 1 1/2 didn?t have any of this.

I think I would of liked this movie a little bit more if Timon and Pumbaa told their story to Simba, or something like that, instead of using human items to tell the story... Oh! And they spelled Zazu wrong in the credits, and Sarabi wrong in that Trivia game on the DVD.

Now please don?t get mad at me, I don?t hate the movie... there were a few small things I liked about it. So what do you guys think? What did you like and didn?t like about the movie? Come on now don?t be shy. ;)

unregistered user
February 20th, 2004, 05:25 AM
I myself loved it. I loved the humor, even the rude humor, the music, and the way they tied certain events in with the story. (Like when Timon hit the elephant causing the falling over of all the animals during the "Just Cant Wait to Be King," number.
I wish we would have seen a little bit more of Pumbaa's family before he "had noone in this big empty world." But overall I thought it was a very entertaining movie. I've spoken to some who liked it, others who have not, but there have been a lot of movies I myself did'nt like and they loved.
You can please some people some of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time. :)

unregistered user
February 20th, 2004, 07:11 AM
I like it :)

The movie was much better then i thought it was going to be :)

I do agree tho..a few days after seeing it, they did ruin the stampede scene, because as you say its such a loaded scene and Mufasa dies in it you would think they would have payed it a bit more respect there, I laughed in that scene and that i didnt do in TLK, the rest i can live with tho :)

Sadiki
February 20th, 2004, 09:25 AM
I have to put this address behind my ear because i haven't seen that yet.
That come in shop here next friday but i can rent it 25.february

unregistered user
February 20th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Cant wait to see what you think about it STM :)

Vidan
February 20th, 2004, 10:01 AM
I think I have to agree with Sharifu on most points. As a movie in of itself, I did like it. But it did seem a little childish and irreverant in the way a lot of fan fiction is (not to mention inconsistent with the universe of the original movie). If I imagine that this is a completely separate universe, a farce on the original picture, then my mind is at ease. (Kind of like, I know this tofu burger's not gonna taste like beef, but it's still tasty nonetheless :yuck: )

Fuzzy
February 20th, 2004, 02:21 PM
Just had to report to you guys.:ayecapn:

Walt Disney Pictures' THE LION KING 1 1/2 Sales Have Exceeded 3 Million DVD/VHS Copies Since Its Release!

Since its Tuesday release, Walt Disney Pictures' THE LION KING 1 1/2 has sold over 3 million combined DVD/VHS units in North America, it was announced today by Bob Chapek, President of Buena Vista Home Entertainment. Based on this sales figure alone, THE LION KING 1 1/2 is now positioned to be the best-selling direct-to-video DVD of all time.

"Disney has traditionally dominated the direct-to-video industry, so it is no surprise that THE LION KING 1 1/2 will continue to build upon that success," said Bob Chapek, President of Buena Vista Home Entertainment. "With the tremendous support by both retail and consumers, these incredible sales figures reinforce the admiration that audiences have for this wonderful franchise and for our Disney Video Premiere movies in general."

"We're thrilled beyond words that our audience has embraced THE LION KING 1 1/2," said Sharon Morrill, Executive Vice President, DisneyToon Studios, "It just goes to show the power of these beloved characters and a great new story."

"To see the adventure of 'The Lion King' re-told by sidekicks Timon (voiced by Nathan Lane) and Pumbaa (voiced by Ernie Sabella) in THE LION KING 1 1/2 is just hilarious," said Don Hahn, original producer of "The Lion King." "It's fantastic to see the tradition of 'The Lion King' continue with such a great movie."

The two-disc Disney DVD THE LION KING 1 1/2 includes a whole new slate of bonus fun starring the original voice talent, games for all ages, theme-park-ride style virtual safari, music video, behind-the-scenes tours and much more. This hilarious, all-new animated movie starring Timon and his windy pal Pumbaa is available on DVD for $29.99 (S.R.P.) and on VHS for $24.99 (S.R.P.).

Disney Says 'Lion King 1 1/2' on Track for Record

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - "The Lion King 1 1/2" has sold more than 3 million units on DVD and VHS since its Tuesday release, putting the movie on track to be the best-selling direct-to-video DVD release ever, the Walt Disney Co. said on Friday, Earlier in the week, Disney said the movie sold 1.5 million units on its first day of release. It tells the story of the original 1994 blockbuster "The Lion King" from the point of view of Timon and Pumbaa, a meerkat and warthog who provided comic relief in the first film, which has sold more than 55 million units in home video and DVD formats. Sequels to films like the new "Lion King" were criticized recently by Steve Jobs, chief executive of Pixar Animation Studios Inc., which broke off talks in January on extending its lucrative partnership with Disney. Disney retains the rights to make sequels to the films already released under their deal. Pixar's last film, "Finding Nemo," sold 8 million videos and DVDs in a day on its debut late last year, but that movie was originally released in theaters. "Lion King 1 1/2" can only be seen on video or DVD and was never released theatrically.

Article on LionKingDomain (http://home.lionkingdomain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7&mode=&order=0&thold=0)

nathalie
February 20th, 2004, 02:35 PM
that's a lot !!

normally the sales are not so high for sequels

Fuzzy
February 20th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Well in my opinion I would say that they did some things that I didn't like to a few scenes, most obvious being the stampede scene.

However I did enjoy how they tied the orginal songs and scene-action explanations into the orginal story.

I also am VERY GLAD that they paid better attention to the animation in this one compared to SP. (however :alone: Nala wasn't as good as she was before!)

There are a few other gray area's that are in the film that arise questions such as "well wouldn't he have known in TLK?" or "how could that have happend here and not been reflected in TLK?"

Anyway those questions bother me.. however they are borderline...:confused:

Naline
February 20th, 2004, 07:36 PM
I really enjoyed it!!!!!!!! i thought it was funny and i liked the music aswell. Just don't take it seriously, it's a spoof, so of course there are gonna be bits that don't make sense, there always are in spoofs.

If you take it seriously it will ruin it for you!!

But i liked it!!!!!!!!

Naline
February 20th, 2004, 07:39 PM
WOW!!!!!! That's really good, shows how many TLK fans are out there. I thought it would flop like SP (at least i think it flopped) but that's great news, cheers LKD!!!!!!!!

unregistered user
February 20th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Wooow, thats alot...wonder how much it selled in Sweden!

Naline
February 20th, 2004, 07:46 PM
You'd be the best one to tell us Boosy!!! ;)

unregistered user
February 20th, 2004, 07:48 PM
Yea, Good point Naline :)

Just think of it as another movie not related to the first TLK :)

Naline
February 20th, 2004, 08:30 PM
Exactly, it's just a parody, a joke film, it doesn't diminish the importance of the first because unlike SP its not trying to be serious or 'realistic', if it was trying to do that then it would be a travesty but it's not and it isn't.

Just my opinion though, each to his own!!

Vidan
February 20th, 2004, 08:46 PM
WOW!!!!!! That's really good, shows how many TLK fans are out there. I thought it would flop like SP (at least i think it flopped) but that's great news, cheers LKD!!!!!!!!

Actually, Simba's Pride was the highest-grossing direct-to-video DVD ever with 10 million units in sales.

My Borders has been having a hard time keeping TLK1.5 on the shelves ... we started with about 200 last week and yesterday we had only ... four.

TLK is to DVD as Norah Jones is to CD and Dan Brown is to books :-)