PDA

View Full Version : The Lion King 1½: Hakuna Matata The Lion King 1 1/2 Early Details

Pages : 1 [2]

Vidan
February 20th, 2004, 08:51 PM
That'll show you to axe hand-drawn animation, Eisner :grrr:

Naline
February 20th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Well, it would be great if TLk3 beat SP's sales record, i'd be happy at least!!!

unregistered user
February 20th, 2004, 09:08 PM
Heir, heir Naline!

Now, about that brandy...care for some?

hehe, seriously I think TLK 3 is better then 2 :)

Sharifu
February 20th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Yeah, Simba's Pride is the highest-grossing direct-to-video movie ever. If Simba's Pride was a flop, I don't think Disney would of made a third movie at all...

Ghamu
February 21st, 2004, 02:01 AM
Talk about an incentive for continuing to produce sequels instead coming up with original stuff. Yay.

Fuzzy
February 21st, 2004, 02:53 AM
Originally posted by Naline
Well, it would be great if TLk3 beat SP's sales record, i'd be happy at least!!!

I'm thinking... :confused: It will... The Wal-mart by my house sold out of a whole pallet in the first day.. but i got myn at 12:00AM so i was ok.. lol

Fuzzy
February 21st, 2004, 03:11 AM
I really enjoyed it!!!!!!!! i thought it was funny and i liked the music aswell. Just don't take it seriously, it's a spoof, so of course there are gonna be bits that don't make sense, there always are in spoofs.

If you take it seriously it will ruin it for you!!

But i liked it!!!!!!!!

I think you hit the root of most peoples problems.. anyway well said and i concur!:D

unregistered user
February 21st, 2004, 03:41 AM
Yeehaw!!! Go 1.5!!
I knew there would be a good response!
Not EVERYONE but certainly a LOT!

unregistered user
February 21st, 2004, 03:42 AM
I still say we get rid of Michael Eisner though! :wicked:
:lol:

Sharifu
February 21st, 2004, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by Ghamu
Talk about an incentive for continuing to produce sequels instead coming up with original stuff. Yay.

I wouldn't worry about that too much though... The people that make the sequels are not the people that work on the new animated movies that come out to theaters. The people who work on the sequels are the people who work on TV animation. So it's not like the sequels are replacing the new original animated movies that are worthy of a theartical release.

unregistered user
February 21st, 2004, 03:23 PM
I'd have to agree with Naline. I basically treat it as a spoof, and don't think of it as canon. I enjoyed it as some mindless fun to kill time. Extra points for making a reference to 'Apocalypse Now'.

Naline
February 21st, 2004, 11:50 PM
Oooh, where's the reference to 'Apocalypse Now'??? intriguing??

unregistered user
February 22nd, 2004, 12:25 AM
Well, towards the climax, when Pumbaa scares the hyenas out of that den/cave thing with his...flatulence, Timon says:
"I love the smell of pumbaa in the morning"

Which is one word altered from the line the general says in 'Apocalypse Now':
"I love the smell of napalm in the morning"

I figure its too close to be a coincidence.

Naline
February 22nd, 2004, 12:31 AM
OOOOOH!!!!, is that where its from, i recognised the theme music in the background when he says that coz its really famous, but i didn't know where from (i havn't seen apocalypse now, but i've read Heart of Darkness, if that counts!!)

Anyway, thanks another_tomato!!!!

Ruska
February 22nd, 2004, 08:38 AM
Laa laa - laa laa...I'm noooooot listeniiiiiiing....can't hear you.....tralalalaaaaaa....
Now, did someone say something? I didn't hear! No sireeeee, not me!

Sadiki
February 22nd, 2004, 12:25 PM
I'm not gonna read that, I'm not gonna read that... (yet)

unregistered user
February 22nd, 2004, 12:28 PM
Yeah got some funny assosiations in that movie

:)

Naline
February 22nd, 2004, 04:50 PM
Why aren't you gonna read it........Oh thats right you haven't seen it yet!!!!!! Sorry to keep bringing up the fact that you havn't seen it yet but it just keeps popping into conversations!!!!! ;) Just messing

Fuzzy
February 22nd, 2004, 05:30 PM
Its rather a sad situation :(

I feel quilty for always bringing it up in convo's :(

Sadiki
February 22nd, 2004, 07:03 PM
I really haven't seen even Pics about TLK 1? (3)

and don't even wanna. I Like to have big suprise

Kintaru
February 23rd, 2004, 01:47 AM
Yeah SP2 sold like crazy for a D to V sequel, whenever I've looked in a friend's or relative's family's movie stash, it's almost always there.

And as much as I dun like Mike Eisner, I dunno if I wanna see him get fired either. I dun wanna see Disney get sold to Comcast, as from recent news on Tv said, that's what Roy wants to do. Coulda misheard, but dun think I did. Living in Philadelphia, I really hate the comcast cable company. They always try to cheat customers outta money, got so bad we finally went to satallite cause they overcharged us every single month. I dunno the whole story between Disney and comcast to be honest, though I'd hate to see that happen. Comcast = Evil.

And just cause I can, here's a completely random fact. 4 years ago Disney tried to get a contract to build a huge entertainment type complex here over the shut down byberry hopsitals. But the blasted mayor turned it down. Woulda been done right about now, and woulda practically been in walking distance from me.:tears:

Fuzzy
February 23rd, 2004, 02:04 AM
I will be staying on top of that story right on the main page of http://home.lionkingdomain.com/

There is an article there right now called: Disney's door is open, but has no For Sale sign on it.

I plan to keep you guys up to date with as much TLK and Disney news as I can. ;)

unregistered user
February 23rd, 2004, 07:16 AM
Yep, very interesting news on LKD i must say, il continue to watch it every Tuesday, thursday, saturday. ;) (its when the local news gets here )

Fuzzy
February 23rd, 2004, 02:20 PM
Yeah the news is a bit USA biast.. Its hard to find I'ntl news for TLK tho :(

But I will continue to try ;)

unregistered user
February 23rd, 2004, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by LionKingDomain
Just had to report to you guys.:ayecapn:

Article on LionKingDomain (http://home.lionkingdomain.com/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=7&mode=&order=0&thold=0)

wow! thats great! :wow:

unregistered user
February 23rd, 2004, 06:40 PM
... i think were gonna have a 4th maybe if the number keeps increasing (remember Europe still dont got it) :D

unregistered user
February 23rd, 2004, 08:27 PM
very interesting LKD. Thanks for keeping us informed! ;)

Sadiki
February 23rd, 2004, 11:21 PM
Count on you LKD ^^

Naline
February 23rd, 2004, 11:25 PM
Great article LKD, keep them coming!!!

If they did make a fourth when would they set it?? A prequal maybe, or a TLK3 version of SP!! Would be interesting to see what they do.......if they do!!!

Fuzzy
February 24th, 2004, 01:06 AM
I hope with all my heart that they stop here!

unregistered user
February 24th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Yeah, that would just be to desperate and no one would stick with disney anymore.

Naline
February 24th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Yeah, like how many 'Land before Times' did they make, i know its not disney but they made like 10 or something, i lost interest after the first one!! let alone the 10th!!!! Waste of money to produce them!!!!

unregistered user
February 24th, 2004, 05:26 PM
Ooh yeah, forgot about them :o

Ah well, think i only saw the first one, I bloody well hope that they wont do that to tlk

Naline
February 24th, 2004, 11:09 PM
Too much of a good thing is always bad!!!! But then again i didn't think they would make a third and it was better than i thought.....so who knows!?!?!?!?

unregistered user
February 25th, 2004, 05:02 AM
Aye, come to think of it, it would be cool seeing what happens when when Kovu takes rule, not necciserily because Simba is dead or anything, maybe he retired and S/N went to the djungle...or something

/stands back before the rotten apples come

Fuzzy
February 25th, 2004, 05:35 AM
you thought it would be apples!!

/LKS Hits Boos yeat agian w/ that jolly-o stick ;)

I think not Boosy... lol

unregistered user
February 25th, 2004, 08:21 AM
I knew i missed something...:grrr:

Naline
February 25th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Maybe the fourth could be about simba stealing rafikis stick and going around wacking other animals over the head with it!!!! What could the climax be though........hmmmmm......Rafiki gets his stick back. The End! Whadya think!!!! ;)

unregistered user
February 25th, 2004, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Boosy
I knew i missed something...:grrr:

LOL! :lol: Don't worry about it!

Fuzzy
February 26th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Maybe the fourth could be about simba stealing rafikis stick and going around wacking other animals over the head with it!!!! What could the climax be though........hmmmmm......Rafiki gets his stick back. The End! Whadya think!!!! ;)

Naline marvelous idea!! :evilgrin:

:thinks: *fanfic time* ;)

unregistered user
February 26th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Yes Naline, good idea...we all know that Rafiki wouldnt do anything stupid with that stick...would he? :confused:

Naline
February 26th, 2004, 11:59 PM
Why thank you LKD, can't wait to read the fanfic when u've wrote it, hehe ;)

LOL, you know what boos, i wouldn't put it past him!!!!!

unregistered user
February 27th, 2004, 12:58 AM
if its supposse to be a spoof of the lion king,why didn't they just call it lion king spoof? that would've made better sense. Theres still good things about the movie,like we found out how nala got pined by adult Simba,she was tripped by timon,nd that caused them both to roll down the hill. they could've even called it Lion King-mad tv version. Thats what it is like some is makeing fun of the lion king movie basicly. isn't that what a spoof is? :confused: ? For lion king 1/1/2 they should've explianed to us how the outsiders became outsiders,maybe had timon& pumba tell thier story to Simba ,and Nala. it was still a pretty good movie,it just seems like disney is makeing fun of thier on top movie,and that makes no sense. :irule:

Fuzzy
February 27th, 2004, 01:31 AM
I belive the term used by Disney is "milking a good thing untill its done for and all the money to be made is made" :(

Kintaru
February 27th, 2004, 03:37 AM
It's not that i didn't like the idea of a movie playing on the other one, though i think they pushed it a bit too much. TLK 1 1/2 was good, but with no much depth to it that's all it was. A good movie. Not that I expected anymore from it heheh, was better then expected.

Still wanna know when they're gonna animate Shadowlands for some kind of special thing, maybe someday. (I can dream!)

And slowly now lets drift off topic..

Come along with me and we shall discuss nothing...

With the purpose of accomplishing randomness!....

Don't ask what I'm doing, I dunno either. Really tired, guess I need sleep.:zzz: Or maybe it was from landing on my head at rugby practice today.Hmmmm.. :confused:

Alright, I'm gonna stop now heheh.:stop:

CW Tyger
February 27th, 2004, 12:31 PM
Separating the 'seen's from the 'seen not's, Naline is probably a 'seen'
Why aren't you gonna read it........Oh thats right you haven't seen it yet!!!!!! Sorry to keep bringing up the fact that you havn't seen it yet but it just keeps popping into conversations!!!!! ;) Just messing

I haven't seen it, either. Yes, I'm slow. ;) (Yes, we have no money.)

snowwolf probably wishes to be a 'seen not' again
if its supposse to be a spoof of the lion king,why didn't they just call it lion king spoof? that would've made better sense. Theres still good things about the movie,like we found out how nala got pined by adult Simba,she was tripped by timon,nd that caused them both to roll down the hill. they could've even called it Lion King-mad tv version. Thats what it is like some is makeing fun of the lion king movie basicly. isn't that what a spoof is? :confused: ?

I wouldn't think that they should have to specify in its title that it's a spoof, if it's otherwise clearly understood. Most of the media and advertisement we've been exposed to has shown it to be a spoof, so it's an understood. Besides, "The Lion King 1 1/2" sounds better than "The Lion King Spoof". Although I do note that it's not called "The Lion King 1 1/2 everywhere, some places gave it the number 3 instead. Still, "The Lion King 3: Hakuna Matata" also sounds like enough of a spoof title to not warrant the name "The Lion King Spoof".

unregistered user
February 28th, 2004, 01:41 PM
im gonna watch lion king again later,and then watch lion king 1/1/2 to see what they really changed. i might even find a way to watch both movies at same time. I'll be seen again arouned here. :haha: after all i can laugh at things like this too. its the love songs that make me cry,since i have no girlfriend to love. :alone: I'll meet her someday here were i live. its just takeing time. ill cry dureing mufasa's death scenesome too still,but the love songs im in tears,and look a lot like this.
:horror: :alone: :tears: :disagree: :worried: anyways i wonder if they will make a lion king 3. i think they will sometime.

Fuzzy
February 28th, 2004, 05:26 PM
well 3 is already taken.. (thats what 1 1/2 is called in many countries 'The Lion King 3: Hakuna Matata')

But maybe a 4? *prays* (hope not!)

Sharifu
February 29th, 2004, 07:12 AM
Well, the reason I think Disney didn't make a actual third sequel, is because Simba would be getting pretty old. Most people don't want to see Simba die, he is the main character of The Lion King, and everyone loves Simba!

Huma
February 29th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Why? We've already seen how Mufasa died so cruel. That is the way we learned something from TLK.

Fuzzy
February 29th, 2004, 07:18 AM
I surely don't want to see Simba die!!! ahhh!!! :eww:

:die: *pounces disney and pins them* "...Dont do it ya' hear!!..." :grrr:

Vidan
February 29th, 2004, 07:33 AM
I agree. There is very little to the Circle of Life that wasn't already covered in TLK. Simba dying would be anti-climactic and would serve no obvious purpose other than to repeat the thematic material of the first movie.

I'd rather just see the Lion King live on in fan fiction.

Perhaps a graphic novel would be nice :)

Kovu
February 29th, 2004, 02:42 PM
I won't agree to Disney making a third sequel to TLK either.
Simba IS the Lion King. He can't be removed from the movie.
And if they'd continue the story they'd probably make Kovu as terrible as they made Simba in SP. No way will i want that to happen. :grrr:

Ok, back to TLK 1 1/2.

I GOT MINE TODAY!!! :cheese: :D :wow: :cool:

They had both TLK 1 1/2 and TLK 3 on the shelves, but 3 was about 20 bucks cheaper than 1 1/2.
After some discussion i finally got TLK 1 1/2 as my belated birthday present. ;)

But i'm still too busy to watch it... soon...soon...:confused:

Naline
February 29th, 2004, 05:25 PM
:gasp: Too busy for TLK :gasp: That shouldn't be in your vocabulary!!!!! :cheese: Only joking!!

How come they had 1 1/2 and 3 on the shelves, i thought 1 1/2 was ONLY for america and 3 was ONLY for everywhere else??????

Fuzzy
February 29th, 2004, 06:09 PM
You certianly have mixed your priorities Kovu!! j/k let us know what you thought of it once you have the time to view it ;)

unregistered user
February 29th, 2004, 06:16 PM
i did like the film, but i do agree to some of what you say Sharifu.:bleen:

Kovu
March 1st, 2004, 09:21 AM
No idea. They just have both TLK 1 1/2 and 3 on the shelves.
So i just bought 1 1/2 (it's better isn't it? :confused: )

Ahh! You're right! i have got my priorities mixed! How could i leave something like TLK for later?! :gasp:

But i've got school! Long hours in school! (Junior College, to be exact)
i really haven't much time at all.
And i wanna wait to watch it together with my bro. :hugs:
He's gotta be free sometime.

Sadiki
March 1st, 2004, 10:09 AM
Ok now at last I have seen that (TLK3)
That was kind of full conflicts and timeline is so wrong...
But still good movie...
Specialy young Simba he is sooooo cuuute!
How you can say "no" to that face? :cheese:

Ruska
March 2nd, 2004, 02:03 PM
Okay then. Late, as always.
So, I saw the movie yesterday and my judgement is...well...I iked it, but not enough. Feels kinda silly in the end where Timon's mother & uncle Max appear and stuff. And Simba's hug with Timon & Pumbaa...yuck.

But yes, I found the movie pretty entertaining, but as a TLK sequel it seems kinda cheating.

I would have wanted some "serious moments" to the movie.

And Nala looked so weird! :grrr:

nathalie
March 2nd, 2004, 03:08 PM
I have just seen the movie complete, and I loved it !!

Thought is was funny, and i liked it.

Only, if they could draw Simba and Nala in part 2, why couldn't they draw them like then in this movie...

Fuzzy
March 2nd, 2004, 08:09 PM
I agree, I think the budget and timeframe was higher for this film tho and they knew it would set a record (and it has). ;)

nathalie
March 3rd, 2004, 08:20 AM
and somebody just told me, that he hated the way simba and nala were drawed in part 2

and i was like: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

simba and nala were exactly the same in part 2

and in part 3, simba is kind of ok, but Nala :gasp:

Sadiki
March 3rd, 2004, 02:11 PM
well I like more style how they draw them in TLK 1 and 3 then way they draw in TLK 2. They look too much soft toys...
But still they can always ruin them or make them better... you can't get artist draw exaclly same kind charracters after so many years. :cheese:

Naline
March 3rd, 2004, 06:25 PM
Thats very true STM, it must be hard work to live up to the standards of the first and i think they did a pretty good job, considering!!!

nathalie
March 3rd, 2004, 07:38 PM
i just mean, if they could draw simba and nala the same in part 2, why couldn't they draw them the same way in part 3?

because in part 1 and 2, you can't see a difference, but now in part 3 ... blegh

Kovu
March 4th, 2004, 10:05 AM
Yay! I finally watched it! And i liked it!! ;)
Funny and entertaining. :cheese:
Though there ARE certain conflicts with the original and sequel.
But it was still enjoyable. :hugs:
And i liked the way they explained in detail the meaning of :hakuna: !

nathalie
March 4th, 2004, 10:25 AM
And am I the only person who kind of liked it, when Timon pauzed the image?

Sadiki
March 4th, 2004, 10:26 AM
well actually In TLK 3 they done pritty well whit Simba but I agree that Nala look very weard. and well In TLK I really can see the diffrend in Simba... even the colors are not same anymore

Sharifu
March 5th, 2004, 09:54 AM
Oh my gosh! I was reading something somebody noticed in TLK 1 1/2, read this:

"When Timon & Pumbaa stumble upon the scene where Simba is singing "I Just Can't Wait to Be King", it seems to occur about a day after the "Circle of Life" sequence. How could Simba possibly change from newborn to young cub in just one day?"

Lol! I never noticed that before! :p

nathalie
March 5th, 2004, 09:59 AM
Whaha, you need some imagination ...

That a few years have past ...

Maybe that person didn't see part 1

Sadiki
March 5th, 2004, 08:21 PM
I have realised that too...
and other thing I realised is that in TLK 3 (1?) Timon say he like worms (or something like that) and Pumbaa like more flying bugs but still In TLK2 they start fight for that whitc are better slimy or crispy and Timon say Crispy is better and Pumbaa that slimy once... How you explayne that... and how they can put Simba in jungel in end of TLK3... so much mistakes Grrr :grrr:

Kovu
March 6th, 2004, 03:49 PM
Contradictions and mistakes there are, but it all brings us back to the theme of the movie (or title, for TLK3): HAKUNA MATATA
:hakuna:
So, why worry? lol :lol: :noogie: :hugs: :idiot:

Sadiki
March 6th, 2004, 03:54 PM
I worry too much for everything so... one more things to worry not anymore feel anywhere:(

Naline
March 6th, 2004, 04:33 PM
i see what you mean Kovu, we shouldn't worry tooo much about it......but then again......it is fun to pick holes in things!!!!

unregistered user
March 6th, 2004, 05:31 PM
I have realised that too...
and other thing I realised is that in TLK 3 (1?) Timon say he like worms (or something like that) and Pumbaa like more flying bugs but still In TLK2 they start fight for that whitc are better slimy or crispy and Timon say Crispy is better and Pumbaa that slimy once... How you explayne that... and how they can put Simba in jungel in end of TLK3... so much mistakes Grrr

To answer that..

Simba was probably in the jungle, just hanging out for a little while, ya know, vacation time with his best friends. Doesn't mean he's living there again. And for Timon and Pumbaa; who says they can't like more than one type of bugs each? Hmm? Or maybe as time progressed, they changed their minds ere... stomachs?

Naline
March 6th, 2004, 10:41 PM
I'm pretty sure Simba would have been waaaay too busy restoring the pride lands, catching up with his family, getting the herds to return, learning how to be a king and get used to living in the PL again to go galavanting off in the jungle on vacation!!!! but like i always say, it is a spoof so who cares!!!

unregistered user
March 6th, 2004, 10:50 PM
It could've been after that happened. After all, all the meerkats were there and it probably would take some time convincing them all to come so, it coulda been long enough =P

Naline
March 6th, 2004, 10:57 PM
Dammit i've been proven wrong yet again!! i suppose your right, i just prefere to think of simba as a more responsible leader by then and would be too concerned with his duty to visit those two!! I dont take the third film literally at all, if that film says so and so was in such and such place but it contradicts the first film i'll always go with the first film!!!

unregistered user
March 6th, 2004, 11:33 PM
Naline, they're his friends. Even the King needs to spend time with friends. Besides, if Simba didn't have any time off he'd get old quick *whispers* maybe that's why he looked so different in LK2 *quits whispering* :hehe:

Kovu
March 7th, 2004, 05:03 AM
Well, what do you guys think about the games?
Like Who wants to be King of the Jungle
:cheese:
It was fun, but a little too easy. I could sail through the 10 levels upteen times without using any lifelines.
And some of the questions are irrelevant, or incorrect.
:confused:
Example:

One of them asked "Who is Serabi?" that one got me.
I only knew who Sarabi is but not Serabi. But it turned out the answer was "Simba's Mother". They had a spelling mistake for Sarabi's name. :grrr:

Another asked "Why is Kiara smiling to Kovu in this picture?", showing the scene where they say goodnight after Upendi. Two choices were "He was polite" and "She loves him". The answer was "She loves him". I wouldn't doubt that, but Kovu WAS polite to say goodnight to Kiara first.

And another asked "The animals gather at Pride Rock to welcome who?".
The correct answer was "Kiara and Kovu's baby" and i was like 'Kiara and Kovu HAD a baby??'
Maybe they did, but none of the movies proved that true.
(Or could Disney be hinting they're making a third sequel?)
:gasp:

They need a better editor for the game :bleen:

kcnmttcnn
March 7th, 2004, 05:27 AM
I thought the game was OK. Just... too easy =/

Sadiki
March 7th, 2004, 04:11 PM
After all I can't be angry to Disney because still the workers are still humans... And humans do mistakes because no one is perfect.
So Disney I forgive you... Even you should watch first movie before continue that... or specialy if you tell something more from that movie.

Naline
March 8th, 2004, 04:53 PM
Yeah but disney have made loads of mistakes.......the first few times you can forgive and pass off as accidental but after a while it's just carelessness!!!! Which in such a big company should be unforgivable!!!!

But like you said....... 'i forgive you disney'!!

nathalie
March 8th, 2004, 05:11 PM
Whiiiiiii, bought it today, and this is what it looks like here.

Wasn't even a booklet in it, and also not in a box, like the American version.

(scan is a little small, but the site I upload my photo's was almost full, so had to make it small, but you can still see it well, i think)

http://picserver.org/view_image.php/322WZ055281/picserver.jpeg

Naline
March 8th, 2004, 05:22 PM
Aaah, thats pretty much the same as my copy.....except rafiki isnt sitting on top of the pictures!!!

Are you one of the ones that has already seen it even though you've only just bought it??

nathalie
March 8th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Yes, I rented the movie last week.

And now i bought it, and haven't seen it yet.

Sadiki
March 14th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Ok after this mistake I'm not gonna try to find more... I just realised that how is possible that Timon still live after that lot of time... it have gone at least 12years and that is time how much merkats live...

unregistered user
March 14th, 2004, 10:22 PM
*skips into the thread* I only saw it a couple of days ago.
Anyway, it was OK. I laughed at a lot of parts ("Everything the light touches - belongs to somebody else!" "Oh, I thought you were going in a different direction with that." :lol: ) but the animation, the scenery, the badly re-recorded music, the inconsistancies and the badly drawn characters (Zazu and adult Nala were AWFUL! In the Elephant Graveyard Zazu didn't even have his white underside! How can you miss that!? :confused: ) really bugged me.
I enjoyed it, but I refuse to accept it as something more than a spoof.

Naline
March 14th, 2004, 10:42 PM
Yeah, i have to agree with you on everything, except SOME, not all, but some of the scenery was quite nice!!

I think you've got the right idea to treat it like a spoof, thats what i do!!!!

unregistered user
March 14th, 2004, 10:50 PM
:evilgrin: Mm, I find it amusing how Timon & Pumbaa come across the jungle after falling off a waterfall right after the gorge while Simba has to run across a desert to get to it. :jejeje:

Naline
March 14th, 2004, 11:04 PM
oh yeah, i didn't think of that, how bizarre!?!?!

Sadiki
March 14th, 2004, 11:05 PM
well there is no perfect continue story...

unregistered user
March 14th, 2004, 11:32 PM
Yeah, i have to agree with you on everything, except SOME, not all, but some of the scenery was quite nice!!

I think you've got the right idea to treat it like a spoof, thats what i do!!!!

Well, the new CYFtLT scenery was rather nice, especially the part where the butterflies start circling, but some of it looked like it was doodled in Painter at 3 in the morning by an artist who hadn't had a coffee break for 4 hours. :evilgrin:

Sadiki
March 14th, 2004, 11:39 PM
Yes but even they have so many errors in that movie I still forgive them because cub Simba is so cuuuuuute ;)

Naline
March 14th, 2004, 11:41 PM
Lol, totally agree Keekai, that scene was really nice. And of course STM, you've just gotta love cub simba in that film!!!!

Sadiki
March 15th, 2004, 12:04 AM
I love every character in Lion King... but cub Simba was just so cute in TLK3 that I have to forgive everything just because of that ;)

unregistered user
March 15th, 2004, 06:58 AM
The only thing I dont like about it is the stampede scene :)

They shouldnt have done that!

Other than that I guess Im just as thinking as one of the snails that gets slurped ;)

Ngatuny
March 15th, 2004, 05:57 PM
I just got the movie this past weekend,:hakuna: and I have to say apart from the continuity errors and some characters looking a little bit odd (:alone:) , I have to say I liked it.:evilgrin:

unregistered user
March 21st, 2004, 06:28 PM
The only thing I dont like about it is the stampede scene :) They shouldnt have done that!

Couldn't agree more Boos ;) Bad Disney, bad :grrr:

kcnmttcnn
March 21st, 2004, 06:47 PM
Originally posted by Leo
Couldn't agree more Boos ;) Bad Disney, bad :grrr:

i agree with ya too *:claw:s at disney*

unregistered user
March 21st, 2004, 06:51 PM
:claw: them once for me too :grrr:

unregistered user
March 21st, 2004, 06:59 PM
:claw: me zwei!

Ruska
March 21st, 2004, 07:04 PM
Well we all know Disney. :rolleyes:

Ruska
March 21st, 2004, 07:04 PM
Hey...these :rolleyes: eyes go slower than they used to!

kcnmttcnn
March 21st, 2004, 07:09 PM
they do? can't remember how fast they were...
:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ruska
March 21st, 2004, 07:11 PM
Faster, I say. I remember. I have a good memory.

Sadiki
March 21st, 2004, 11:05 PM
Well Like wolfs always does ;)

Ruska
March 22nd, 2004, 03:44 PM
Ah well. :kiss:

Sadiki
March 23rd, 2004, 01:09 AM
My memories are so unclean... I really don't wanna remember my past...

kcnmttcnn
March 23rd, 2004, 01:12 AM
Don't wanna remember my past either... humiliating and bad memories...

unregistered user
March 23rd, 2004, 03:09 AM
"Remember, who you are!"

Good advice hehe. You guys should remember your past. It's what has made you who you are today. Your previous and current actions will make you who you will be tomorrow. So if you forget your past, you lose a BIG piece of yourself. Good news, in a way, though. You can't ever truly forget your past. It's with you. Sure we've all had bad moments in our pasts. But each bad time makes us stronger. =) *gets philosophical again*

SimbaLKD
March 23rd, 2004, 04:01 AM
Originally posted by Leo
"Remember, who you are!"

Good advice hehe. You guys should remember your past. It's what has made you who you are today. Your previous and current actions will make you who you will be tomorrow. So if you forget your past, you lose a BIG piece of yourself. Good news, in a way, though. You can't ever truly forget your past. It's with you. Sure we've all had bad moments in our pasts. But each bad time makes us stronger. =) *gets philosophical again*

Amen Leo.. I am thankfull for such a HORRID past.. had it not happened just as it did I wouldn't be where I am today.. and Im so happy :cheese::D

Ruska
March 23rd, 2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by kcnmttcnn
Don't wanna remember my past either... humiliating and bad memories...

Ahh...me too. Damn. Had forgotten that already...I think I have a bad memory. :thinks:

Vidan
March 23rd, 2004, 06:39 AM
Originally posted by Leo
"Remember, who you are!"

Good words, Leo/Nuka. Who knows, this one day this might be in the Bartlett's Book of Quotations. Attributable to "Nuka" :lol:

I don't use these words often, but ... So true, so true.

unregistered user
March 23rd, 2004, 07:55 AM
You bet it will =) It will appear right near quotes by Albert Einstien, Sigmund Freud, Helen Keller, and Walt Disney. :lol: And that's where I'll be, smacked right into the middle. XD

Sadiki
March 23rd, 2004, 08:48 AM
well past is past. time to push foward.
And that happens I meen bad things... You can't change past... time what have gone you cant have it back... even you like to.

unregistered user
March 23rd, 2004, 10:51 AM
Well, I dont really like the person I am today so..I guess I dont care if I remember it or not :)

unregistered user
March 24th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Aww, Boosy you're a great person. I haven't known you that long but I think you're great and I know others do too :hugs: =)

Naline
March 25th, 2004, 11:42 PM
Yeah! Agreement with Nuka buddy!!! Your an awesome dude!!

SimbaLKD
March 26th, 2004, 08:19 AM
Well, I dont really like the person I am today so..I guess I dont care if I remember it or not :)

:gasp: Shame on you mate!!

:browlift: Your a cool person and a good freind! :ayecapn: :hugs:

Ruska
March 26th, 2004, 01:40 PM
Yes, and being a Swede...well...ummm...nah, yer okay. :o

SimbaLKD
April 11th, 2004, 10:09 AM
well dear.. being a finn... is.... much better than being an American? Only because Americans are know as the stupidist people in the World!!... :lol: quit frankly I have to agree ... almost... :D

unregistered user
April 11th, 2004, 10:11 AM
Well you do have fishsticks...

Vidan
April 11th, 2004, 10:14 AM
We Americans. Always the first to be self-deprecating. Maybe we figure if we bare all at the beginning our true selves will be revealed ... or, failing that ... a hollow, bottomless pit of shame? :lol:

SimbaLKD
April 11th, 2004, 10:14 AM
oh yes.. and you can bake them, and fry them, microwave 'tm or eat them straight frozen (but thats a bit more expensive after dental work) ;)

unregistered user
April 11th, 2004, 10:15 AM
peas are good frozen tho...jum jum

SimbaLKD
April 11th, 2004, 10:17 AM
Good sir, you are not blessed with Frozen Thin Mints from the girl scouts!! those are 'da bomb without a doubt!! ;)

Mabatu
May 14th, 2004, 09:33 AM
Hehe, well, i am proud to say i have finally purchased and watched LK3!! =) I know the movie has been seen by all of you now, but for me it is still a very new thing since it only got released 2 days ago (12 may). I don't know why it is so late here. It hasn't even got many special features - it doesn't have that 'who wants to be king of the jungle' game on it :(, and after watching the making of, i think it was made in australia by a lot of australian animators (not all aussie of course).

as a side note, i think SP was done by the australian disney crew, coz it says so in the credits! (don't go blaming us for the sometimes bad animation though!!)

anyway, unfortunately i fell into the trap of having too high expectations for the movie. I told myself i wouldn't, but really, how can i not? I strongly believe TLK1 is the best movie ever, and so naturally i would expect a lot from a sequel (:thinks: or prequel). Don't get me wrong. I do like it. I don't think i could not like a movie set in the pridelands.

I didn't mind the way they did the cinema thing, but i agree with Sharifu that it would have been better if they were telling the story to someone, or something like that. Or maybe not. I dunno. I found it funny when Pumbaa paused it and went out, and Timon was just sitting there. I was like :uhno: :Psst:, this is different, which is always refreshing! Hehe, and Timon scratches the inside of his nose! That was funny =)

I think a big thing that upset me a bit was the rerecording of the music, or whatever they did. It sounded similar, but for a fan who has heard the 'nants ingonyama' thing many times, i could tell the difference and it just didn't feel right. Ok maybe i'm being too nitpicky now. But i don't like it when they do that. And in the iJCWtbC song, (which was funny how it woke up pumbaa and timon!) simba's voice was different (i think). i don't know why they couldn't just retain the original voice.

I think my favorite part of the movie was where they grow up with simba. He is really cute in this movie!! Maybe a little more, uh, babyish than he was in the original but hey its cool :hakuna:. UNFORTUNATELY for me, in my anticipation of the movie i had visited the web page and already seen the growing up clips :(. But i liked the snail eating part!

Uh, i can't really pinpoint exact things that i didn't like. I mean i did like it, but i would have liked something that really gave me some...nostalgia, i suppose! Something that appreciated how good the original film was. If you watched this before the first one for some reason, you wouldn't think the first one would be very good.

It's all cool though :hakuna:! i have come to the conclusion that the animators and producers and whoever else did not take it to be a very serious project, and did ultimately aim it at kids. Which is sort of good. Everybody likes to feel like a kid now and then. You can tell they weren't all that full on about it in the making of. They don't seem really passionate about what they have done. Which is unfortunate. I think if they REALLY REALLY took it seriously, they could somehow produce something really special. You know, same sort of storyline, but a plot that fits in comfortably with the original. Oh well.

In conclusion, i guess it's a good addition to the LK world. The first two movies are there for strong emotional issues that can contribute to how we choose to live our lives and make decisions, and the third, is, well, a harmless laugh! :D

PS. i'm really glad they kept all the original voices too. i HATE it when they change voices (zazu's was different but i'm already used to that with SP!) Hehe, even ed's voice was the same and he doesn't even speak!

SimbaLKD
May 14th, 2004, 09:47 AM
ahh yes some true words there... the Hakuna Matata spirit, we all like to feel like childern and get away every once an a while. And I totally agree that 1 1/2 achives that!

And you brought up a good point I hadn't really given much though to, the fact that Simba is a bit more babyish, maybe its attributed to his care free life, cause in TLK he isn't really near that babyish!

;)

good thoughts Mabatu and I'm glad that you guys 'finnaly' got it down under

:D

Simba_TLK
May 14th, 2004, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Mabatu
PS. i'm really glad they kept all the original voices too. i HATE it when they change voices (zazu's was different but i'm already used to that with SP!) Hehe, even ed's voice was the same and he doesn't even speak!

all the characters had the original voices except Young Simba, which was Matt Weinberg, instead of Jonathan Taylor Thomas. But they sound close enough :p

I just bought the TLK3 DVD the other day aswell. It was good, but not as good as the original. :p
just like most other people said, i reckon the first movie is the best :)

Mabatu
May 14th, 2004, 10:32 AM
Oh yeah i forgot that young Simba's voice was different, but that was expected because Jonathan Taylor Thomas is grown up now.:p

Oh i just remembered a question i wanted to ask: do some versions of LK3/1.5 have DTS sound or THX certification? coz mine doesn't but i've seen pics where the cover does have the THX logo on it.

Looks like us aussies got the short end of the stick on the sound...oops.:gasp:

A-non-a-mus
May 14th, 2004, 10:44 AM
did you just say.............................STICK?:gasp::lol:

Simba_TLK
May 14th, 2004, 10:50 AM
the US version gets DTS sound and THX Certification, we only have Dolby Digital :p

i will never understand why they have different specs for dvds outside the US. :confused::p

unregistered user
May 14th, 2004, 11:21 AM
unfortunately i fell into the trap of having too high expectations for the movie. I told myself i wouldn't, but really, how can i not? I strongly believe TLK1 is the best movie ever, and so naturally i would expect a lot from a sequel ( or prequel). Don't get me wrong. I do like it. I don't think i could not like a movie set in the pridelands.

I took precautions against this by asking LKD telling me how it sucked..and it worked hehe :D ;)

Sadiki
May 14th, 2004, 11:48 AM
Don't let those Sticks come around or I will *bite*

unregistered user
May 14th, 2004, 12:04 PM
Dont worry STM they wont and if they do il stick around to see how you handle them ;)

Sadiki
May 14th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Heh... yeah they don't want make me... *---* their sticks

Mabatu
May 15th, 2004, 12:11 PM
hehe, all this talk of sticks just brings a smile to my face :cheese:
:thinks: a newbie to this place would wonder what the heck was up with all this stick stuff! :lol: :hakuna:

Simba_2004
May 15th, 2004, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
Don't let those Sticks come around or I will *bite*

i'm right next to ya buddy:ayecapn:

Calaethis
May 15th, 2004, 04:46 PM
Do you all have some sort of stick fetish?

SimbaLKD
May 15th, 2004, 11:20 PM
you might be able to stick that on some of us ;)

unregistered user
May 16th, 2004, 01:14 AM
yep, im sticking with the sticks..you can do alot with them and they dont talk back

Calaethis
May 16th, 2004, 07:43 PM
Originally posted by Boos
yep, im sticking with the sticks..you can do alot with them and they dont talk back

That sounds so very wrong in my head... :eww:

unregistered user
May 16th, 2004, 08:00 PM
:gasp: :lol::lol::lol: Silly Boos, silly Calaethis XD

Calaethis
May 16th, 2004, 08:01 PM
Bah. Excuse me while I rinse my mind out with bleach.

SimbaLKD
May 17th, 2004, 07:48 AM
seems approite in this situation! Tell me whats its like to have bleach in yor head ;)

Calaethis
May 17th, 2004, 07:23 PM
It's thrilling, once you get over the general OH MY FRICKING GOD, MY HEAD IS FOOKING BURNING OUT FROM THE INSIDE-ness. Other than that, I highly recommend it.

SimbaLKD
May 17th, 2004, 08:09 PM
;)

yup sounds like I have the rest of my day planed =P

hey i ate AJax bleach once ^_^

unregistered user
May 25th, 2004, 09:52 PM
Heh this might have been asked hundreds of times before me :irule: :p but what did yall think of it?? Is it good enough to watch? *hasn't seen it yet ^_____^*

~Zeb :cheese:

unregistered user
May 25th, 2004, 10:04 PM
well i think that the movie was really good, great animation and stuff. exept i don't like that it turns some of The Lion King 1 happenings into a joke..:alone:

Dare
May 25th, 2004, 10:21 PM
I could have done without the gas bit at Simba's presentation ceremony, but other than that, I liked it a LOT better than TLK 2.

unregistered user
May 25th, 2004, 10:29 PM
My rating of TLK movies goes in the order of their release actually. 1 was best and always will be, 2 comes next except the animation, and 1.5 is last but not least. As Naline said before, I see it as a spoof.

TeeKay
May 26th, 2004, 04:42 PM
I actually quite liked 1-1/2 (or 3 as it's called in my parts), although I admit to some scepticism before hand. I've seem some rather dire direct to video sequels in the past, and I was a little aprehensive that this might be one of those and take the edge off the original. Thankfully I was wrong.

Although it is far from perfect (that title going to the original) I didn't really like the way it made light of some of the more serious parts from the first film. As Nuka said it's more of a parody of the first film, going for comedy more than anything. Still it is a good film, and I'm glad I got it.

I'm yet to see TLK2, so I can't give a verdict on that one yet ... watch this space ;)

Nephilim
May 26th, 2004, 05:00 PM
Let's just say you shouldn't get your hopes up. Save the part in the gorge, that was funny.

nathalie
May 26th, 2004, 05:08 PM
I really like it.

But when you watch it, you should watch with holding Lion King 1 too much in your head.

Like when Timon and Pumbaar are walking by Pride rock, they don't really care what's going on there ...
So don't try to think to much of the first movie, while watching Lion King 3.

But that's my opinion.

unregistered user
May 26th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Set your expectations low and treat it as a spoof rather than a serious film and you'll do just fine.

nathalie
May 26th, 2004, 05:47 PM
What is nice though, now you know, why certain things happen in Lion King 1 *lol*

unregistered user
May 26th, 2004, 07:28 PM
Actually, the gorge scene was the part of the movie I detested the most. I don't think those two should have anything to do with that 'sacred' scene. I use 'sacred' cause to me, that's what it is to me, it's the turning point of Simba's entire world. *shrugs* I just didn't care for the beginning of the film :p I liked everything after the gorge.

Nephilim
May 26th, 2004, 07:39 PM
No, I just liked this line:

"What this place lacks in water and shade, it makes up for with searing heat and blinding sunshine."

Heh, don't know why. I guess I'm just easily amused.

Sharifu
May 26th, 2004, 08:00 PM
http://leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349

In this topic you can see what I thought about it. (But it has spoilers!) But basically, I didn't like it too much. I didn't hate it, but I didn't like it. There are a few things I like about it if you read what I said in the topic in the link.

But really, everyone has different opinions of movies, so just watch it yourself and be open minded.

unregistered user
May 26th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Thanks for the replies everyone :cheese: I'm gonna go rent it (maybe even buy it! :D) now lol Thanks again :cheese:

Simba_2004
May 26th, 2004, 11:15 PM
idk why but i did kind of like Lion King 1 1/2 but it had horrible animation in it, i mean HORRIBLE! All of the characters were poorly drawn and it looks rushed in some scenes and it is obvious when there is a different animator working on a scene because of the different styles. By the looks of it, there wasn't a lot of time and effort put into the movie. Overall i would give it a B, why so high? Becuase I get to see Simba again. muwahahahaha. But some of the stuff that occured in the movie just didn't feel right and wasn't TLK related and i wanted to love the movie but i couldn't just becuase i kept comparing it to the first and i don't think it is going to be possible for Disney to ever be able to top the original Lion King

jazonhyena
May 27th, 2004, 12:04 AM
The movie works best if you don't have reverence for the first movie. I don't; I really hate the first and second movies. So this one was a godsend for me. I loved TLK 1 1/2, but like I said, I have virtually no reverence for the first movie. My favorite parts are when they totally butcher "serious" scenes from the first movie. I wished I could have seen the looks on some of my more "respectful" TLK-fan friends' faces when they completely re-engineered the presentation of Simba at Pride Rock. I was all ha-ha-ha-because-it-makes-a-mockery-of-the-first-movie. But then, there are deeper reasons why I liked the butchery of serious moments, but I've just got done dodging a bullet in the flame war category, so I won't mention them unless asked.

Otherwise, great movie if you like meerkats and a few hyena scenes, and could care less about lions, which is basically exactly what I was looking for in a movie. I give it a triple A+++

Sharifu
May 27th, 2004, 05:36 AM
You don't like the first TLK? :woeisme: But one of the few things I did like about TLK 1 1/2 is that the hyneas were in it. :ayecapn: I like the hyneas more then Timon and Pumbaa anyways. :evilgrin:

jazonhyena
May 27th, 2004, 08:34 PM
Nah, I really hate the first TLK. Many many reasons, and I tend to focus on some, and forget others, depending which mood I'm in. It's weird. I love the hyenas, too, as you can tell :ayecapn: but I love Timon and the other meerkats too. They're so adorable, and I am (I think) the last person on earth who is susceptable to cute fluffy animals =P

unregistered user
November 3rd, 2004, 06:16 PM
to me it was rubbish, i actually thought that it would be about Kovu and Kiara i am really annoyed:die:
But then again we did'nt have a choice:grrr:

Vidan
November 3rd, 2004, 06:24 PM
I think it was funny enough, but they could have done without revisiting scenes from the first movie. The movie doesn't add anything to those scenes, and, in some way, diminishes their importances or detaches you from it. That would be my main gripe about it.

King Simba
November 3rd, 2004, 06:26 PM
I didn't think it was rubbish. I thought it was funny. It was nowhere near as good as the first two though...obviously.

unregistered user
November 3rd, 2004, 06:49 PM
But there you go :browlift:
we all have different tastes in things, but i did think it was funny but it didn't actually get my like the other two did as they were both love and friend and so on and so forth...

:cheese:

Nephilim
November 3rd, 2004, 06:51 PM
I loved it! :D:lol:

Vidan
November 3rd, 2004, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
By the way, I don't think this belongs in the 'Pride Rock' part of the forum hehe :cheese: !!!

I've notified the mods of this forum. Threads about the Lion King movies themselves should be created in Everything The Light Touches. Don't worry about it, though, shisazen.

Shadow
November 3rd, 2004, 08:33 PM
i think it was very bad bad bad and bad...funny but bad...shuld have bin abut Kovu and Kiara and there cubs insted i think

unregistered user
November 3rd, 2004, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Woes of Folly
I've notified the mods of this forum. Threads about the Lion King movies themselves should be created in Everything The Light Touches. Don't worry about it, though, shisazen.

Thanks Woesnog. :)

Huma
November 3rd, 2004, 08:56 PM
:thinks:If they decided to make a serious one. the scolding would be serious...

Lion Roar
November 3rd, 2004, 09:07 PM
I don't think it's rubbish. It wasn't as great as the other two, but is funny sometimes (but sometimes boring too). So it's not great nor bad.

unregistered user
November 3rd, 2004, 09:16 PM
Funny, but it sucked. I like drama, and it had none. Well, it had some, but it was ruined by humor. And it dared to try to ruin the first movie too! I was hoping this would show what happened with Simba & Nala & Scar & Zira & Nuka during the period of Simba's exile.

SimbaTLK1
November 4th, 2004, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Woes of Folly
I think it was funny enough, but they could have done without revisiting scenes from the first movie. The movie doesn't add anything to those scenes, and, in some way, diminishes their importances or detaches you from it. That would be my main gripe about it.

I agree with woes of folly. It was funny, but it did diminish the seriousness of some of the scenes. eg. CYFTLT and the opening sequence COL. Still funny none the less.

Sharifu
November 4th, 2004, 02:12 AM
You can find my opinion on this thread I made before: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=349

starlioness
November 4th, 2004, 02:29 AM
I thought it was .... interesting... that since news of a 3rd TLK movie was being made ,everyone thought it would be either about Kiara's cubs, a prequel, or a Midquel about Scar's Reign. but it turned out to be a Timon and Pumbaa movie.. well , it's really a Timon movie but still... that's Irony for ya :p

personally, I didn't think it was too bad.. yes, the interruptions were annoying, and the whole Pumbaa's Fart scene wasn't needed.. not to mention it breaks continuity with the hyenas in the finale . but it could be worse...*shrugs*...

My main gripe is that it should have had more Pumbaa in it.. Timon gets all the breaks:grrr:

unregistered user
November 4th, 2004, 03:24 AM
I think it shouldn't exist. I did like the Simba scenes though ^^

"I gotta go..." :lol:

Simba_TLK
November 4th, 2004, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTLK1
I agree with woes of folly. It was funny, but it did diminish the seriousness of some of the scenes. eg. CYFTLT and the opening sequence COL. Still funny none the less.

yeah exactly ;)

it was good, not great in my opinion :p

lion_roog
November 4th, 2004, 09:06 AM
I haven't seen it.:cheese:

Don't throw things at me....I may like it.....:D

Sadiki
November 4th, 2004, 11:33 AM
it was funny but did get weard feeling when I watch it.. like anger because story line was soooo wrong. and they did so many mistakes on it.

Mamela
November 4th, 2004, 08:05 PM
I think it's just supposed to be funny, and it was funny..and it is from Timon's point of view..so not everything would be on par or inline with the story...I mean come on it's Timon..;) and it was made to be a comedy, if you do not care for comedys you have the lion king and the second one to.

I really liked it. I thought it was cute and funny just poking fun.

Edit: Also, lion king 2 isn't exactly inline either, Simba's cub was supposed to be a boy, but they changed it to a girl just like almost every other sequel they've come out with where the characters have children. If you don't believe me on the boy thing you can check out the six new adventure books disney published where Simba's cub is a boy. ;)

Sorry, just wanted to point that out because I notice alot of posts about TLK2. Wanted to post a little something to get ya thinking..;)

Tigon
November 4th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I liked it :D
I think it was hilarious!

Though I don't like the way they animated Nala :eww:

Mamela
November 4th, 2004, 10:33 PM
She looked a little funny..at least it wasn't timon and pumbaa show quality animation though..;)

va-kasi
November 4th, 2004, 10:49 PM
I've never seen it either http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/va-kasi/nukashy.jpg

Just not enough lions in it, and since the only lions in it are from the original movie I'm just not that interested. Quite a dissapointment after waiting years for a supposed lion movie http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v96/va-kasi/tanisad.jpg

Wolfman Jack
November 5th, 2004, 01:12 AM
I thought it was ok cause I like the scenes with Simba, but other than that i really didn't like it.

nafklt
November 5th, 2004, 01:47 AM
Comme ci comme ?a...:P

SimbaTLK1
November 5th, 2004, 02:17 AM
Yeah, the Simba scenes were cool. Cuz Simba is cool. :cheese: :confused: :die: :gasp: :grrr: :irule: :idiot:

Xinithian
November 5th, 2004, 02:47 AM
I saw it in Bible class... I thought that it started off really good because the jokes were funnier and more mature, but then after Timon left the colony things got crappy, fast.
Teenage Simba looked funny, and his voice was actually lower than Matthew Broderick's (did he do the voice for that? It sounded really different...).

unregistered user
November 5th, 2004, 02:51 AM
Idk, the only parts I liked in the thing were ruined by comedy, what few parts there were. *shrugs*

Mabatu
November 5th, 2004, 04:02 AM
Well firstly, i've only watched it once, which shows i'm not all that eager to watch it again. :lol:

When i did watch it i didn't like it much. It was a bit funny in parts...but it just had nothing that the original or the 2nd movie had. The Simba growing up scenes were my favourite, but i'd already seen them since Disney put them up on the TLK1.5 website :confused:

It's not like i hate it though. I do think it's better than a lot of other movies that are out there ;)

Xinithian
November 5th, 2004, 04:45 AM
My bible teacher thinks that it's better than the second one.
I haven't seen the second one, but I'd imagine that 1.5 would be better...

nafklt
November 5th, 2004, 08:06 AM
Yeah, the Simba scenes were cool. Cuz Simba is cool. :cheese: :confused: :die: :gasp: :grrr: :irule: :idiot:

:lol::ayecapn:

Mabatu
November 5th, 2004, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
My bible teacher thinks that it's better than the second one.
I haven't seen the second one, but I'd imagine that 1.5 would be better...

Why? :curious:

BlueStef
November 5th, 2004, 11:07 AM
I think that Tlk3 is fun because we learn the story of Timon, Pumba and what happens during Simba's adolesence. But there is some scene that breaks the TLK spirit, like the scene where Rafiki presents baby Simba.
That's it^^
:-)

unregistered user
November 5th, 2004, 11:42 AM
I liked it actually, I liked it better then SP..I would have rather seen a TLK prequel or maybe..sequel but I didnt really like the SP chars that much :E

Vidan
November 7th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
Teenage Simba looked funny, and his voice was actually lower than Matthew Broderick's (did he do the voice for that? It sounded really different...).

It was Matthew Broderick, but it was released almost ten years after the original movie, so it's possible his voice changed somewhat.

unregistered user
November 12th, 2004, 02:23 AM
The Lion King 1 1/2 (3) was indeed a bitter disappointment. The artwork was questionable in some scenes. My friend Sarafina happened to create 3 new frames replacing Nala's appearance from the movie to prove that the artwork was terrible.

Also, certain time issues involved suggests that Simba had a growth spurt when Timon and Pumbaa found a place to call home behind Pride Rock just after the presentation, and on the very next day Simba was performing Just Can't Wait to be King.

I really think the movie is only targeted for a young audience. Also, it is a parody, how Timon and Pumbaa remembered their life on Pride Rock. Interesting at best, but rent before you buy. This movie is no comparison to the original.

va-kasi
November 12th, 2004, 02:29 AM
I actually thought the drawings were good, Nala looked fine to me, yet the anatomy was sometimes a bit of a worry for the lions. From the screengrabs that I've seen, it doesn't seem to stay consistent, most of them look really good, then others look allmost terrible.

unregistered user
November 12th, 2004, 02:50 AM
There were a few scenes that I had admired. Of course, Teen Simba being the most liked, and when Timon had parental issues raising Simba. "I'm gonna get old crossing this thing." That was indeed amusing.

SimbaTLK1
November 12th, 2004, 03:43 AM
Originally posted by The Sonic God
My friend Sarafina happened to create 3 new frames replacing Nala's appearance from the movie to prove that the artwork was terrible.

Do you have a link to Sarafina's Pictures? I looked through her gallery at TLKFAA, but couldn't find what you are talking about. I'm interested to see what Sarafina did, because she has such beautiful artwork. :cheese:

unregistered user
November 12th, 2004, 03:46 AM
Yeah...Nala's face was really wide and fat in SP and TLK 1.5.

Very odd....meh. =P

Sharifu
November 12th, 2004, 04:14 AM
Do you have a link to Sarafina's Pictures? I looked through her gallery at TLKFAA, but couldn't find what you are talking about. I'm interested to see what Sarafina did, because she has such beautiful artwork. :cheese:

http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/Sarafina/SaffyDisneysShame.jpg

Sarafina's artwork is beautiful. =D And when I did see TLK 1 1/2 for the first time, I did think Nala looked funny, and so did my sister. Really though I wrote a long opinion about what I thought about this movie in that link I posted above...

SimbaTLK1
November 12th, 2004, 10:37 PM
very nice. Seems if disney could have just made the nala's muzzle (I guess thats what u'd call it) smaller, It would have fixed 90% of the problem.

unregistered user
November 16th, 2004, 01:04 AM
Yep, that's the one. Saffy's on the left, originals on the right. You can clearly see how much better Saffy was than Disney.

Makes me wonder on why Disney hired such poor quality artists.

va-kasi
November 16th, 2004, 01:17 AM
Makes me wonder on why Disney hired such poor quality artists.

Aw, Its not the animators fault, everyone seems to blame the Australian animators. They have a low-budget, they can pull-off top quality animation if they had the chance.

Not to sound rude but I don't think even Sarafina could have done a better job if she was hired. She's only drawn a few of Nala, the animators have to draw hundreds. It's extreamly difficult and it's no wonder that Nala appears off-model time to time ;)

unregistered user
November 16th, 2004, 01:33 AM
It's someone's fault. We know this is poor quality, and we know that they could have done better.

Everyone is so worried about money these days... money, money, money.

Couldn't they have tried a little harder? I wouldn't mind paying $24.95 for a DVD, just as so long as I got what I paid for.

va-kasi
November 16th, 2004, 01:37 AM
I disagree that its poor quality, anyhow, Disney isn't exactly what it use to be :( The original movie wasn't exactly perfect either.

Sharifu
November 16th, 2004, 02:35 AM
Oh well... It's television animation, what do you expect? I don't think they really cared. Nala was barely even in the movie, so I guess they didn't care if she was that on model since she barely had any screen time. I didn't really like this movie much at all. Even though SP has it's flaws, I think it is so much better the TLK 1 1/2.

I would of rather had Disney work harder on SP, better animation, fill the plot holes... Maybe make it a theatical release. Of course feature animation would of been better, but there have been DTV animation sequels released in the theaters. (Peter Pan 2 and Jungle Book 2 comes to mind) So why not SP? TLK was Disney's highest grossing animated film. I think they could of done better for a sequel. Don't get me wrong, I like SP, but I think Disney could of tried harder. As for TLK 1 1/2, I could really care less if they made it or not.

Kiara Serengeti
December 29th, 2006, 08:23 PM
Except for the bit where T&P are trying to raise a 'wild' young Simba, I absolutely hated it--I know it was a parody but it made a travesty of the whole CoL...just a stupid make-money-quick thing IMO.

P.S.: There's a search button. Unless you want to incur the wrath of Nathalie, the super-mod, use it ;)

Kovu The Lion
December 29th, 2006, 08:26 PM
Try not to make threads thats made already just bump up the old one if you have something on topic to say :)

however I thought it sucked entirely, really dissapointed in the fact that the animals bowed because they were 'falling over' -__-

Kovu

Tiikeri
December 29th, 2006, 08:33 PM
Agree with KTL, TLK3 was dire. I'd have thought that Disney would've learnt their lesson after SP, which was equally as dire.

Shadow
December 30th, 2006, 11:28 AM
it was now i loved SP to

but not tlk 3...i LOVE timon and pumba series on the tv..but this was just...bla...its not "The lion king" withnot a lion as a main carecter >.0

TX-101
December 30th, 2006, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by shadow
...its not "The lion king" withnot a lion as a main carecter >.0

Yeah, I agree.

King Simba
December 30th, 2006, 12:14 PM
I didn't like TLK3 at all. The storyline seemed too poor for my liking for obvious reasons.

I'd rather Disney have not made a TLK3 tbh, cause I think a sequel was by far enough. And heck, Disney even messed up on the sequel in parts, in my opinion anyway. You would've thought that they would've realised that they're only increasing the chances of taking away the magic of the original even after SP was released.

Cova_Lioness
December 30th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I prefer TLK2 by far to the original, but TLK3 is too comical and silly for my liking.

Agreed...what were they thinking?? perhaps one person said..."hey..i like timone and pumba most" so they took that as everyone liked them the best..so lmade it all around them....-_- we are not impressed

Shadow
December 30th, 2006, 04:18 PM
not really Cova

ya see in the original " TLK 1 " when Simba met timon and pumba the meating would be "diffrent" as they sung abut " when pumba was a young warthug" orignaly it was thought of sining when Timon was little and ran away (and then comes pumbas song) i prefure that whole thing better " they sketched it and befure the song the meating was more fun" but i guess they couldent drop that idea and wanted the big question mark for all the kids abut timons past and how he meet pumba....personly id prefure leaving it to a mistory rather then squesing it all in to a move with other voice acters doe to that its so "late" that the original one arnt there (in swedish atleast)

but that aside...i really like timon and pumba series..but this was by far a movie i just keep it on my shellf just becuse it is a TLK 3....even though in my point of view is not...

(not english version of TLK 3 is 1/2 )

AND i do like SP alot but not as mutch as the first but as far as it goes for me it still has the disny magic in it

SP had great music animation and hard work in to it...not like Brother bear 2 >.0

Ciara
December 30th, 2006, 06:12 PM
i so hate SP, its like a regular sequel movie, and god i hate them x.x

for third movie i found it quite fun, it was like the first movie, just in a different view, we all knew what was about to happen, story and all was just lame, but i still think it was better than the second one ... Now i might be known as the biggest SP hater ever, but ... the third movie easily beats the second no matter what anyway, nuff said. Dunno if we could actually have skip it since its the first, or just keep the TP series which are like the same, but the jokes and songs (some of them) are good and such, so i still like its actually existing ... Swedish version is so much worse, for Timons voice etc, what the heck where they thinking ... He has been havin three different actors now, first on died, second one was best (apparently he and the guy who do pumbaa were chosed as the best fitting TP voice couple in the world Oo), and the third one ... Gee >.o one thing i absolutely hate with the movie. Best part is when they find simba tho, gotta luv that ;)

Anyango
January 18th, 2007, 07:27 AM
:hehe:

Well I know that this thread hasn't been touched in awhile.. but I thought i'd give my own little opinion about the movie. I happened to love this movie to bits. ^__^; I thought it was so cool and I was more than pleased when I found out it was about Timon and Pumbaa, seeing as besides Simba they were my favorites.

Either way I still really loved this movie, I loved teh animation I thought it was downright beautiful and smoothe. Also the songs were pretty good, kept that worry-free feel going that they were going for.

However, I'm now ready and hoping to see more about the Lion Cast! :D Because despite that Timon is my fav, I still love all of those lions to bits too! :)

This is actually my second favorite movie out of the Lion King trilogy.

Sam//x*
January 18th, 2007, 05:53 PM
I actually like the movie! i thought it was really funny, i dont know wether it was because i was in a hyper with *sue* but i really did like when we watched it at our disney night!!

I liked the song "Diggah Tunnah Dance" and when timon and pumbaa have to distract the hyenas i thought it was soo Funny!!

The sweetest bit is when they have to look after SImba when he grows up but i agree that it isnt really "The Lion King" without a lion as the main character.

Anyango
January 18th, 2007, 09:46 PM
=D YAY!!! I'm not the only one on this forum then who actually liked TLK 1.5!! :) It's actually my second fav TLK movie. I thought that the jokes were really good,a nd I enjyoed seeing everything from Timon and Pumbaa's eyes! ^^ Not to mention getting to know more about Timon's past. I've always wondered about it. (Even with that episode of T&P that came out. ^^; ..heh..)

I loved the animation and everything.. ^^;; It brought me the most happiness that I had, had in a LONG time.

Guntur
February 11th, 2008, 09:03 AM
Sorry too bump this but I really like TLK 3 or TLK 1 1/2 or Hakuna Matata.

I'm a big fan of parody and I'm sure Disney make this movie for all movie-goer and to all parody fans. *Sorry if this sound like Bashing TLK 2* If compared to TLK 2 TLK 1 1/2 are far more better in art wise. Because IMO Simba is paranoid and Kiara little giggling is g*ddamn annoying.

Grazing in the grass? Man I really like this song and download the old version (Friends of Distinction) and jazz version (Bonny Jones) This song give me such impact on 2004 and one of the best song I ever heard in my lifetime.

childlike_ghost
February 13th, 2008, 04:36 PM
I cant say I liked or disliked it. True, they did butcher the gorge scene and a few others, but I tell myself it was a parody. I liked the whole teen Simba and when Timon propsed to Shenzi. Loved the facial expressions during that scene. :lol:
It's just a movie to casually watch and not take too seriously

Simba '04
February 13th, 2008, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Fendi
Sorry too bump this but I really like TLK 3 or TLK 1 1/2 or Hakuna Matata.

I'm a big fan of parody and I'm sure Disney make this movie for all movie-goer and to all parody fans. *Sorry if this sound like Bashing TLK 2* If compared to TLK 2 TLK 1 1/2 are far more better in art wise. Because IMO Simba is paranoid and Kiara little giggling is g*ddamn annoying.

Grazing in the grass? Man I really like this song and download the old version (Friends of Distinction) and jazz version (Bonny Jones) This song give me such impact on 2004 and one of the best song I ever heard in my lifetime.

you are the one to blame for why I am getting spam in my inbox then, this thread has to be really old for me to receives messages when someone replies to it. I turned that function off the first year I joined!

Shadow
February 13th, 2008, 07:16 PM
why would anyone post in this thead at all?! lol its soooooooooooo old! xP

its sad though...remindes me of the time Mufasa and Sarabi where active...

Guntur
February 13th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by Simba '04
you are the one to blame for why I am getting spam in my inbox then, this thread has to be really old for me to receives messages when someone replies to it. I turned that function off the first year I joined!

Oh, Sorry bout that. Just trying to keep on topic :confused: :alone: