PDA

View Full Version : Favourite TLK songs

Sellian
December 21st, 2006, 11:44 PM
I didn't see a thread for this, and, if there was one, it's probably fallen off the page and I didn't want to necro it.

What's your favourite TLK songs?

I personally love "Hakuna Matata" and "Love Will Find A Way". When young Simba sings in Hakuna Matata, I get chills from his incredible voice. Old simba is a pretty rad singer too.

As for Love Will Find A Way, it's just a wonderful song. :)

Discuss! :D

Tiikeri
December 21st, 2006, 11:50 PM
My favourite song would have to be Circle of Life, the movie version though and not Elton John's version.

My favourite instrumental is This Land, it just wins.

Hope & Pride
December 22nd, 2006, 12:24 AM
Probably be prepared, Can't really decide I love em' all. One of us is a cool one too IMO, always gave me the chills.

You might also want to check this thread http://leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8610 and post there too (its not that old).

HasiraKali
December 22nd, 2006, 12:34 AM
I love them all. I'm fond of the Broadway versions though. I dunno. :lol: In the movie, I like Hakuna Matata. My favourties instrumental is Kings of the Past. It's not really on the sountrack recording but it just gives me chills. :D

HasiraKali
December 22nd, 2006, 12:49 AM
I prefer the Broadway orchestrations for Be Prepared. If I could have Jeremy Irons sing it with over those, it would be awesome. :lol:

This Land
December 22nd, 2006, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
My favourite instrumental is This Land, it just wins.

I LOVE YOU!!! :D

Not Litterally :lol:

Yeah, gotta have second's on that, This Land is a Awsome Instrumental

Shadowland from TLKOB is my favourite song.:cheese:

This Land
December 22nd, 2006, 11:43 AM
TLKOB - The Lion King On Broadway :D

This Land
December 22nd, 2006, 01:19 PM
Yeah, This Land is my favourite ^^

there is another version which was used in the opening scene when you see simba as a cub, until the morning report.

http://www.pridelands.ru/?p=music-hans

thats the whole Hans zimmer extended music score. the one im talking about is track 3 ^^.

TX-101
December 22nd, 2006, 10:41 PM
Hans Zimmer's music is one of the best!
I like all his music, and TL song is really something special.

my fav. songs are:
We are one (instrumental V.)
He lives in you
Shadowland
others too, but i'm talking about the best to me.

Sombolia
December 22nd, 2006, 11:04 PM
Mm, definitely ...To Die For. I haven't listened to any of the TLK soundtracks in a long while, but I love that instrumental.

HasiraKali
December 23rd, 2006, 12:15 AM
That's a good one too. It's hard to listen to it while driving though... it makes me speed. :lol:

Phacoschwein
December 23rd, 2006, 01:42 AM
All of the "big five" have special places in the nerve that links my ears to my heart, but as for my FAVOURITE favourite, I'm eternally torn between Hakuna Matata and Can You Feel the Love Tonight. The former is not only damn fun to listen to, but an absoloutely vital part of my favourite character's development... I'm not really reffering to his verse alone; more the fact that without Hakuna Matata, there would simply be no Timon and/or Pumbaa; at least not as we know and love them now. Pluh; I hate it when things are so hard to explain.

I don't know if there's ever been a song that carries as much passion, but also as much fresh innocence, as CUFtLT does. It's beautiful enough to defy description or analysis altogether - and that's saying a lot, considering I'm inclined to lose all sanity if I mention something without going into detail on it. :browlift: The last verse is also a gem for me because it reveals that, for lack of a better phrase: "they have feelings too," contrary to popular fandom opinion. :p I could go on and on about how I wish that part could've been fleshed out more, but that's not the ramble I came here to spin.

I happen to like the instrumentals more than the vocal songs, if anything. :D The Once and Future King, Kings of the Past, Under The Stars/Simba's Alive, Hunting/Pinned Again/Reunion and, of course, Battle of Pride Rock/Cleansing Rain/Ascension are highlights for me... but IMHO, the instrumentals as a whole are such high-quality that they're about 50% of what made TLK so awesome. I wonder if there's a thread devoted to instrumental discussion? I'll be sure to elaborate on my feelings for the soundtrack once I join/start that thread.

All track names in the above paragraph are from the extended score - thanks for the link, TL. :cheese: That music stirred parts of my soul I didn't even know existed.

HasiraKali
December 23rd, 2006, 01:57 AM
The instrumentals are what hooked me to actually go see the film back in the day. Bless you, Hans Zimmer. :D And bless whoever made that expanded score as well. Disney should really release it.

King Simba
December 29th, 2006, 09:24 AM
Oooh, tricky one...

As for me, my favourite TLK song ever has got to be both Circle of Life and He Lives in You. I just think both songs are awesome and they both have a real meaning to them.

My favourite instrumental is This Land and Under the Stars, the instrumentals by Hans Zimmer.

Tokalas
January 5th, 2007, 02:22 PM
My favorites Are I Just Can't wait to be King, Can you feel the love tonight?, Busa[Rotpl] and Love will find a way. ^^ I also love the france versions of the songs. :uhno:

Sam//x*
January 12th, 2007, 06:54 PM
My favourite would have to be "Can You Feel The Love Tongiht" it rocks!! :D

I also like " Love will find a way" & " One Of Us" they rule too!!

From the broadway soundtrack my fave would be the Ending,"King Of Pride Rock/Circle Of Life(Reprise)" That instrumental rules!! :diva:

*sue*
January 15th, 2007, 08:11 PM
my favs are "one of us" and "he lives in you"

on the broadway it would be "The stampede"

Anyango
January 18th, 2007, 05:42 AM
Insturmental? - This Land

TLK Broadway - Shadowlands

Movie - Hakuna Matata

Elton John version - I just Cant wait to be King

Rythm of the Pridelands - Warthog Raphsody and He Lives in You. (Though One by One is awesome and Lea Halalela)

Simba's Pride - Upendi!

TLK 1.1/2 - Tie between Dig a Tunnah and That's all I need

Aurelian
January 30th, 2007, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Anyango
Elton John version - I just Cant wait to be King

You know, I only learned of this song's existance yesterday. I really like it, as it is very fast tempoed, and the lyrics are fun to sing.

Ciara
January 30th, 2007, 09:52 PM
i never listened to the fully song ... maybe i shall do so, i have 10 different versions of it from couple years ago ... still, just have to mention, those TLK versions the Dzeguzite have done ... god they are soooooo good, especially JCWTBK XD :lol:

a song i hate ... Hakuna Matata ... its just so despise liking, it barely has a text ... <.< im tired of it

Katari
February 4th, 2007, 09:03 PM
For the music -- "Be Prepared"

TLKoB -- "Shadowlands"

TLK Movie -- "Be Prepared" or "Circle of Life"

Elton John -- "I Just Can't Wait to Be King"

Rythm of the Pridelands -- "He Lives in You".

Simba's Pride -- "My Lullaby" (I have a thing for the evil songs.)

TLK 1.5 -- "That's All I Need," I think...no, it's gotta be the "Diggah Tunnah Dance Mix" from the soundtrack CD -- love it!

Least Favorite Song -- "Upendi." I despise this song as a part of SP -- as a song, it's not bad, but it just. Doesn't. Fit. In the story. (And no, my caps lock key isn't messed up, that was intentional.)

And a note on scores: SP used elements of its songs too often for my liking. While its score wasn't terrible (especially for a Disney sequel), it wasn't up to par with TLK at all. And 1.5...uh, I'll just leave that part out.

ScarFrollo
March 21st, 2016, 05:27 PM
My favourite is Circle Of Life. In the sequel, my favourite was the 1 Rafiki sang when Kiara and Kovu fell in love and I've only seen the 3rd movie once so I've no idea on the 3rd movie.