PDA

View Full Version : Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable

Kirauni
January 3rd, 2014, 11:34 AM
It seems this board is missing a thread about this video, so I decided to share it with you. Maybe there has been a Thread on Lea 2?
Anyways... s-tlk told me about this a few years ago.

Back in 2006 (I think) a short movie called "Circle of Life: An Environmental Fable" has been shown in Epcot. Simba, Timon and Pumbaa illustrate the importance of protecting our environment. But there are also some life-action scenes in it. The animations are quite well done and the voices seems to be the original ones.

So in case you don't know the video yet, you should really check it out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4BhIDRd4vI

And there is also a longer version that includes the intro here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xycvYyQw33g

Too bad this movie hasn't been released on DVD yet... I'd love to see it in decent quality. But I think for now we have to go with that. Or am I missing something and there already is a DVD out there?

ThiagoPE
January 3rd, 2014, 04:27 PM
2006? If I'm right this video is being shown there since 1994/5 as it were done same time as the original movie.

Sent from my NT-1710 using Tapatalk 4

Kasei
January 3rd, 2014, 04:35 PM
Oo, another fun animation I had never seen...you are full of these TLK gems! :D The animation in this really was great, especially on Simba.

Kirauni
January 3rd, 2014, 08:01 PM
Thanks for correcting me, Thiago. By 2006 I was refering to a comment by the uploader. But I've already started to wonder if that's right. The live action scenes look like taken from the late 80s ir 90s... So I thought the movie might be older. However I didn't know for sure.

Azerane
January 4th, 2014, 11:48 AM
Yep, I remember seeing that :D Probably back in 2006 in Epcot ;) Really enjoyed it at the time, it's a cool little clip and it's great that they got the voice actors for it, and it has decent animation :)

HasiraKali
January 6th, 2014, 01:53 AM
It was playing during my first visit to WDW in 1995, so it's been around awhile. It really needs a refurb though. The theater is so blah :lol:. I love the part where Pumbaa goes "DAM!" It always makes the adults in the theater laugh.