PDA

View Full Version : Harry Potter: and the Order of the Phoenix

Stormfury
December 8th, 2006, 12:50 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/c/cf/HPOOP_First_Poster.jpg/406px-HPOOP_First_Poster.jpg

[ Order of the Phoenix teaser trailer: http://pdl.warnerbros.com/wbmovies/orderofthephoenix/teaser/teaser_500.mov .]

I think that English movies are one of my favorites... one saga comes particularly in mind and that is Harry Potter.

Spoiler warning:

Harry returns for his fifth year of study at Hogwarts and discovers that much of the wizarding community is in denial about the teenager's recent encounter with the evil Lord Voldemort, preferring to turn a blind eye to the news that Voldemort has returned. Fearing that Hogwarts' venerable Headmaster, Albus Dumbledore, is lying about Voldemort's return in order to undermine his power and take his job, the Minister for Magic, Cornelius Fudge, appoints a new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher to keep watch over Dumbledore and the Hogwarts students. But Professor Dolores Umbridge's Ministry-approved course of defensive magic leaves the young wizards woefully unprepared to defend themselves against the dark forces threatening them and the entire wizarding community, so at the prompting of his friends Hermione and Ron, Harry takes matters into his own hands. Meeting secretly with a small group of students who name themselves "Dumbledore's Army," Harry teaches them how to defend themselves against the Dark Arts, preparing the courageous young wizards for the extraordinary battle that lies ahead.

This film is set to be released on July 13, 2007, and I can't wait.

=D

Ciara
December 8th, 2006, 01:52 PM
Im not reading HP <.<

Nephilim
December 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
HP films. -_____-

The Dark Lord does too much coke.

la_reina
December 8th, 2006, 04:57 PM
I'm an HP freak, so yes, I do wanna see it. But I'm not gonna get my hopes up 'cause the 3rd one sucked and the 4th one was alright.

Lucy Lioness
December 9th, 2006, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
HP films. -_____-

Lol! :lol:

The HP movies are pretty blah. I'll watch the movie, but I wouldn't pay to see it. *evil laugh*

:p

Dare
December 9th, 2006, 12:28 AM
I'm going to see this movie for one reason:
Helena Bonham Carter
She kicks ***, yesh indeedy.

Hehehe..."slide".
:ayecapn:

Nalinda
December 9th, 2006, 01:46 AM
I just can't wait... I love the books and the films. And yeah, that Daniel Radcliffe is totally hot. ;)

LunarCat
December 9th, 2006, 01:54 AM
i'm excited for the

*spoiler***

scene with young sirius, james, and remus :p

Xinithian
December 9th, 2006, 06:18 AM
Originally posted by Nalinda
I just can't wait... I love the books and the films. And yeah, that Daniel Radcliffe is totally hot. ;) You may be disappointed, his hair is REALLY short in this one. His hair looked a lot better when it was longer, like in GoF.

Personally, I like the newer direction of the Harry Potter movies. Columbus made the first two too immature (although it kind of fit with the books), but the past two have been way more mature, especially the 3rd (I loved the cinematic effect and overall direction from Cuaron). This movie, from the previews, looks like it will be darker than I imagined. When reading this book, I felt like the overall feeling was more of a dark-cloudy, grayish feeling, developing into an inevitable storm. It's dark, but not as dark as it will be when it starts to pour. The feeling from the previews gives me a premature stormy feeling, rather than a developing stormy feeling that the book gave me. I hope my analogy made sense...

Stormfury
December 9th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
HP films. -_____-

You must be thinking of the other series, Harry Pothead.

http://samo.jinak.cz/gallery/albums/userpics/picoviny_2003_10/normal_Harry_Pothead_and_the_canabis_.jpg

:p :gasp: :D

Ciara
December 9th, 2006, 11:53 AM
i so like that version better :D

Dyani
December 9th, 2006, 01:09 PM
:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D :cheese:

*is hyperly jumping up and down in excitement*

Guntur
December 9th, 2006, 03:31 PM
The movie is good but not the book :p sorry.

la_reina
December 10th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by S0nique

http://samo.jinak.cz/gallery/albums/userpics/picoviny_2003_10/normal_Harry_Pothead_and_the_canabis_.jpg

LMAO!! :lol:

King Simba
December 10th, 2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by S0nique

...XD :lol:

Sooo um, the HP movies. About 3 out of 4 of them were alright in my opinion (I didn't like the 3rd one all that much) so I might just go see it, even if I don't read the books. xP

Dyani
December 10th, 2006, 08:02 PM
I think the movies are DEFINATLY not as good as the books, as imagination rocks. But I have to admit the actors portraying the trio are very good, especially Emma Watson as she had the least experience between them.

That Pothead posters a bit harsh but only really in recent events. One of Malfoy's sidekicks has been photographed taking canabis I think. :(

Nephilim
December 10th, 2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Dyani
That Pothead posters a bit harsh but only really in recent events. One of Malfoy's sidekicks has been photographed taking canabis I think. :(

It was Jamie Waylett - Crabbe - and he was caught taking cocaine.