PDA

View Full Version : Madagascar 2: The Lost Island

Stormfury
December 6th, 2006, 02:06 PM
Announced by DreamWorks Animation SKG, the Cast returns! =D

This one ought to be great because they go to Africa and meet Alex's family.

:lol:

Release date is November '08. :fini:

Nephilim
December 6th, 2006, 02:39 PM
I hope the animation's halfway decent this time. ;___;

nathalie
December 6th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Am I the only one who liked the animation from the movie? haha

Kimbai
December 6th, 2006, 10:40 PM
The animation was good in th first one too. It was great accually. ^^

Hope they dont ruin it thoguh..

Shadow
December 6th, 2006, 11:20 PM
i loved the first movie and knew like moths ago that they where working on a sec" just didnt knew what it would be abut"

Gloria: (swings with sea weed on her hair) "alrighty boys funs over....

Scout The Playful Cub
December 11th, 2006, 08:15 PM
2008? Wow! *Dies of anticipation* I can't wait too see this movie.

Titunen
December 11th, 2006, 09:13 PM
I hope it'll be not sequel-ish... Then it could be ok, I think...

Kiara Serengeti
December 15th, 2006, 05:29 AM
No...no sequels...this film didn't deserve a sequel! Try for ORIGINALITY once in a while. :(

Stormfury
December 15th, 2006, 01:14 PM
DreamWorks also announced on their website that Madagascar will become a franchise similar to that of Shrek. As of right now, Madagascar is expected to have three sequels in totality.

Avalon
December 15th, 2006, 06:24 PM
Well personally I never liked the style which the characters where made in :/ Well I just pray that it doesn't go down the road to destruction like The Land Before Time did :E But anyways I shall not judge a movie before I've acctually seen it :3

KanuTGL
December 15th, 2006, 09:07 PM
O..kay...

Hmm... I wanna know more about it, then I'll make up my mind wether I like it or not from there.
Though them going to Africa to meet Alex's family does sound like it could be fun. Lions! :D

Narf
December 16th, 2006, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
I hope the animation's halfway decent this time. ;___; That's just what I was thinking. I mean I liked the first one but yeah.

King Simba
December 16th, 2006, 12:15 AM
Meh, I'm not too fussed, though I shouldn't really be judging a movie before viewing it for myself. But the first one was alright, so I dunno really. The whole idea of them visiting Africa to meet Alex's family sounds pretty cool though. xP

Tiikeri
December 16th, 2006, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
Am I the only one who liked the animation from the movie? haha
Yes, probably. The animation was awful, it looked too cartoonish for me. The Wild pwned Madagascar easily.

As for a second one, I'll probably see it, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything mind blowing.

King Simba
December 16th, 2006, 01:22 PM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
The Wild pwned Madagascar easily.
I still have to remember to watch The Wild sometime. ^^

I've seen the first Madagascar twice. The first time was on a plane, and the second time was on DVD, so first time round I found it very difficult to get in to. x_x And as for the animation, it was alright I suppose, but it could've been better.

Kimbai
December 17th, 2006, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
Yes, probably. The animation was awful, it looked too cartoonish for me. The Wild pwned Madagascar easily.

As for a second one, I'll probably see it, but I'm not getting my hopes up for anything mind blowing.

Ugh. The Wild was just a copy of madagascar. I hate that. Be original people.:die:

I love the madagascar style. It was really good. ESpecially the jungle.

I didin't like the style of The Wild that much. I saw how Madagascar was made, and they purposfully made them cartoony. I myself thought it was a good and creative idea. They wanted them cartoony, and therefore could do more with them, stretch, ect.

I will wanna see this movie. ^^

King Simba
December 18th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by Kimbai
Ugh. The Wild was just a copy of madagascar. I hate that. Be original people.:die:
Just because The Wild has similarities in its storyline to Madagascar, it really doesn't mean it's a copy. They both may have similar plots, but that still doesn't mean it's been copied. To me, a copy is when a story is blatantly copied from another, with little difference to the original. I think The Wild's storyline is totally different to that of Madagascar, but each to their own I suppose.

Anyway, this isn't a "The Wild is a rip-off to Madagascar" thread, so I think we should get back to the original topic. ;)

As for this movie, I will probably go see it, just for the crack. xP

Xacheraus
December 27th, 2006, 12:17 AM
I came, I saw, I did not like Madagascar. I found myself embarrassed when most of the cast threw out flat jokes, and the story could've been written much better. I enjoyed Over The Hedge the most I think of the more recent 3D animated movies.