PDA

View Full Version : TLK merchindise YOU would like to see made...

Kalahari
December 5th, 2006, 11:35 PM
If you could have any TLK related item manufactured, no matter how expensive or crazy or imposible what would it be?

What I would like to see.
A Lion King chess set:
White Side: Simba-King, Nala-Queen, Timon and Pumbaa-Kinghts, Rafiki- Bishop, Zazu-pawn
Black side: Scar-King, Zira- Queen, Shenzi and Banzi- Kinghts, Ed-pawn

Baby Timon plushies

Sarafina plushies and ceremic figures

TLK6NA plushies

A carosul (that you can actualy ride) featuring the all of the characters from TLK (you can ride them too ALL of them).

Daniel
December 6th, 2006, 12:00 AM
i would LOVE a Lion King chess set :D

HasiraKali
December 6th, 2006, 02:15 AM
Life-size TLKoB statues ;) Or at least the costumes. :lol: They need to make some TLK underpants for adults. I would love some of those. :lol: TLK shoes for adults... Basically everything they make for the kids but for adults. They still make a bunch of stuff, but it's all for kids. :(

LunarCat
December 6th, 2006, 03:24 AM
HK, was totally thinking to the underwear thing :lol:

a book that reveals the answers....like how scar got his scar, who is nala's dad etc. from the directors and writers. however, it wouldn't be as much fun for us to know the answers. cause we couldn't answer them ourselves!

Aikachi
December 6th, 2006, 08:35 AM
Ever since I was a kid, I always wanted there to be an adult nala or sarabi action figure. I remember I called mattel or whatever company was manufacturing them back in '95 and asked if they'd ever come out, =/ the lady on the phone said they'd come out with them next year, but they never came >.>;;

Stormfury
December 6th, 2006, 11:54 AM
TLK ...

(1. *Imported watches.
(2. Color-changing slap bracelets.
(3. Pogo sticks.
(4. *Imported sunglasses.
(5. Music set.

Nephilim
December 6th, 2006, 12:06 PM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
They need to make some TLK underpants for adults.

Actually, I think they already do them. Sort of girl-boxer/hotpants style ones. I have a Tigger pair from the range. :evilgrin:

Sharifu
December 6th, 2006, 01:42 PM
I would like adult shirts, and some ladies fitted shirts too. ^^

Kalahari
December 6th, 2006, 08:08 PM
TLK dog collars... and tags (they make Mickey Mouse dog tags don't they? Why can't they make TLK dog tags?) Cat collars too. Maybe halters for horses.

Antenea covers

Life sized plushies (that don't look deformed, don't have plastic faces (I've more than once poked myself in the eye with my Scar plushie), and aren't made out of cheap plush.)

Costumes from the Broadway show. Kids size could be young Simba/Nala and adult size could be Adult Simba/Nala. 100% extacly like those from the show.

HasiraKali
December 7th, 2006, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Actually, I think they already do them. Sort of girl-boxer/hotpants style ones. I have a Tigger pair from the range. :evilgrin:

They don't have TLK ones. Believe me, I've lookd. :lol:

This Land
December 7th, 2006, 07:00 AM
I already made somthing i wanted to be.

I wanted a TLKOB zippo Lighter, they dont have one so i made my own :D

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a107/addy_neale_wkd/Image001.jpg

Ciara
December 7th, 2006, 09:20 AM
smart to make own things *agrees* I have done a lot of things I miss in the stores by remade them with TLK things :D Not really the same thing, but it works, and you only got one example in the world :p

Nephilim
December 7th, 2006, 03:37 PM
They don't have TLK ones. Believe me, I've lookd. :lol:

UK =/=America

Tiikeri
December 7th, 2006, 04:36 PM
Good question, um, I think I'd want a TLK tie since I've never seen one before, they probably exist though. If anyone sees one, let me know xP

HasiraKali
December 7th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
UK =/=America

I didn't say it did.

Kalahari
December 7th, 2006, 09:42 PM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
Good question, um, I think I'd want a TLK tie since I've never seen one before, they probably exist though. If anyone sees one, let me know xP

They exhist. They were made for the original release in 1994. They are very hard to find now (but then I have no reason to buy men's ties... and have never tried looking for them.) It would be nice to see some new ones made (and not dumb clip art poses of the characters like all the newer merchindise has.)

LunarCat
December 7th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Originally posted by Tiikeri

ebay Tiki ;) they always seem to have a few lurking around. Make sure they're not the one's that someone made out of the fabric though.

Nephilim
December 7th, 2006, 10:19 PM
I didn't say it did.

Yes, but no need to assume that just because you didn't find it that it means it doesn't exist.

HasiraKali
December 7th, 2006, 10:19 PM
Here's a tie on ebay right now. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-TIE-LION-KING-DISNE-TIE-RACK-100-PERCENT-SILK-EX_W0QQitemZ270065529293QQihZ017QQcategoryZ52992QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

And one for kids. http://cgi.ebay.com/Boys-Lion-King-Novel-Ties-Necktie-Little-Guy-Neck-Tie_W0QQitemZ250046235991QQihZ015QQcategoryZ57886Q QrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem

Kiara Serengeti
December 8th, 2006, 01:41 PM
A sculpture like this (http://backinthesaddle.com/itemdy00.asp?c=t&T1=B55425&GEN1=Statues+and+Figurines&SKW=statue&PageNo=1) but with TLK images.

TLK-themed pet supplies.
=D

Noodle
December 8th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I'd like a Disney Store made Vitani plushie. x) And maybe a Zira too.

Kalahari
December 8th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
A sculpture like this (http://backinthesaddle.com/itemdy00.asp?c=t&T1=B55425&GEN1=Statues+and+Figurines&SKW=statue&PageNo=1) but with TLK images.

TLK-themed pet supplies.
=D

Those things are SWEET! Almost like the life sized horses they had when my brother and I went to Louisville (I have a picture somewhere of me standing by the one at the zoo (It's got animals all over it...)

Sadiki
December 8th, 2006, 09:05 PM
there is actually few diffrend type of ties of TLK... have seen couple, yet never seen a cool looking one.

Tiikeri
December 8th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Here's a tie on ebay right now. :)

http://cgi.ebay.com/MENS-TIE-LION-KING-DISNE-TIE-RACK-100-PERCENT-SILK-EX_W0QQitemZ270065529293QQihZ017QQcategoryZ52992QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks for that Amanda! I've placed a bid on it (:

Kiara Serengeti
December 9th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by Kalahari
Those things are SWEET! Almost like the life sized horses they had when my brother and I went to Louisville (I have a picture somewhere of me standing by the one at the zoo (It's got animals all over it...)

Some of those are miniature reproductions of actual sculptures, if you didn't know already. Where I live, we had giant cows with artistic motifs, and they sold mini cows. :)

Kalahari
December 9th, 2006, 08:20 PM
Some of those are miniature reproductions of actual sculptures, if you didn't know already. Where I live, we had giant cows with artistic motifs, and they sold mini cows. :)

I think I've head about that. NYC had something simaliar. Some other American cities have an animal statue that is in the shape of an animal that has meaning to that city. I even saw a picture of a moose statue in Canada that was decked up for TLKoB. Cincinati has pigs (makes sence seeing how Cincinati was founded on the pork industry), and Louisville has Horses (horse racing I guess). If I ever get start a city, I will have huge meerkat statues. Maybe for a project on Lea Halalela, I should hand out blank lion (their choice of a lion or lioness) templates and let the people give them their own motif (with Photoshop or someother coumputer paint program). When they are all finished they can send them back to me via e-mail and I'll put them in a picture or PowerPoint Presentation. Just a thought...

HasiraKali
December 11th, 2006, 07:11 AM
Toronto had moose. :lol: One of them, outside the theater where TLK was playing, was painted like the main curtain. :lol:

simba's sis
January 14th, 2007, 11:39 PM
they need to start selling some tlk stuff at disney world. i was in every gift shop of every park( except animal kingdom, which i realize is where it probably all was) and saw NOTHING!!!!

Stormfury
January 15th, 2007, 12:06 PM
They need to sell more period TLK stuff everywhere, actually! 'ell, even Wal-Fart is near depletion. Generic clothes, stickers, balloons, WTBlank is that?!?! Cheesy crap, I'd say! Sorry, what to expect from mass production?

:hmm:

DarkPaw
January 15th, 2007, 04:34 PM
Lion King characters mass-produced with a stupid jingle akin to 'My Little Pony (Lion?)"

Haha, just kidding...Pet supplies sound cool, but then what sort of thing could you give a hamster/fish/cricket with Lion King on it? I think for me I'd like some little plastic figurines. Not the weird freaky kind that look all deformed and have screws in them so that the legs can bend...

Ever seen those plastic animals that come in tubes? Something like that, a Lion King edition...and they all look semi-realistic!! Okay, let's not get me too carried away here. :P

simba's sis
January 15th, 2007, 06:42 PM
that would be so cute!

Kalahari
January 16th, 2007, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by DarkPaw
Lion King characters mass-produced with a stupid jingle akin to 'My Little Pony (Lion?)"

Haha, just kidding...Pet supplies sound cool, but then what sort of thing could you give a hamster/fish/cricket with Lion King on it? I think for me I'd like some little plastic figurines. Not the weird freaky kind that look all deformed and have screws in them so that the legs can bend...

Ever seen those plastic animals that come in tubes? Something like that, a Lion King edition...and they all look semi-realistic!! Okay, let's not get me too carried away here. :P

I customize My Little Ponies. I'm thinking about doing a Lion King series when I'm done with my Titan A.E. series.

Hmm maybe for hamsters, they could make a TLK themed water bottles, food dishes, wheels. Maybe some figures for aquairums that look like Timon and Pumbaa scuba diving. People keep crickets as pets?

Yes I use those plastic animals for "pets" of my MLP customs. I think there may have been something like that around the 1994 release but I could be wrong and they need to make more.

DarkPaw
January 16th, 2007, 04:36 AM
I love to see those customized MLPs. A lot of the plastic animal figurines come with two or more of the same animal, so I once sharpied/painted one of my plastic/rubber lions with a black mane...He's awesome and I make him fight with 'Simba'. I spend my freetime wisely, don't I?

Yeah, the aquarium idea would be neat, but I like my plain little hamster supplies. Fish generally like the backgrounds/pictures, but I don't know about rodents. I'm sure the owners would get a kick out of it.

About the crickets-they're really popular in Asia, and lots of people keep them as food. I got like twenty and I'm down the three I've had for about...three months (they 'shouldn't' live that long). I named them Mufasa, Simba, and Mohatu. They're always getting out and sending me on wild fox hunts for 'em. :D

Kiara Serengeti
January 16th, 2007, 05:12 AM
You could make leashes with small TLK 'icons' on them, Zazu-themed bird toys :D, squeak toys of the characters for dogs to chew on (mainly villains, like Zira, Scar, and hyenas), and cat\dog treats shaped like characters!!!!

Shadow
January 16th, 2007, 06:42 AM
theres nothing in TLK i wouldent want hehe

DarkPaw
January 16th, 2007, 04:00 PM
You could make leashes with small TLK 'icons' on them, Zazu-themed bird toys :D, squeak toys of the characters for dogs to chew on (mainly villains, like Zira, Scar, and hyenas), and cat\dog treats shaped like characters!!!!

A nylabone chew toy with Kiara's face all over it...