PDA

View Full Version : The Simpsons Discussion Thread!!! and fave-character poll

Kiara Serengeti
December 5th, 2006, 04:06 PM
I haven't been able to find a thread on The Simpsons, (Yes, Nath, I searched :bleen: )
I love the Simpsons! Most of the newer seasons suck, but the classic episodes are still funny and sometimes brilliant (IMO). My favorite episode is probably the one with Pinchy the Lobster.

Lisa is my favorite character. People say she's not always funny, which is true. But she does often provide light, amusing, comic relief.

"I will NOT be a gamecock!!" :p

~~~
Anyway, talk about TS here, and vote for your favorite character.

Titunen
December 5th, 2006, 05:03 PM
You forgot the best one... Ralph Wiggum! Haha...

"That's where I saw the Leprechaun. He tells me to burn things!"

Kiara Serengeti
December 5th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Titunen
You forgot the best one... Ralph Wiggum! Haha...

"That's where I saw the Leprechaun. He tells me to burn things!"

I only have 10 slots!! :eek:
He's my "second-favorite" character

RALPH: Miss Hoover? My worm crawled in my mouth and then I ate it. Can I have another one?

MS. HOOVER: No Ralph. Just try to sleep while the rest of the class is learning.

RALPH: Oh, boy!!! Sleep!! That's where I'M a Viking!

Ralph is great. He's a cute little boy, and he's funny without being 'slap-sticky'.
:idiot:

Kapasa
December 5th, 2006, 09:28 PM
I think Homer's the best.

Bart: "Are you Ok Dad?"

Homer: "I think so, the bone stopped the bullet."

Lisa: " Dad, this may be one of those things you go to the hospital for..."

Homer: "After pie."

xxSpongexBoBxx
December 5th, 2006, 11:40 PM
Lenny or Carl those two are really awsome

Kiara Serengeti
December 6th, 2006, 04:26 AM
I love the first few seasons, up to season 10 or so...then it started getting stale and repetative. I mean, how many Homer jokes can you make?

Sadiki
December 6th, 2006, 05:23 AM
Homer is deffinedly the best character. but it's true that seasons 3-9 are the best.. ofcourse there is a few episodes after that that are absolutly hilarious but it's getting old.. I heard they stop doing Simpsons in a few years tho. they want to stop when it's still popular.

Stormfury
December 6th, 2006, 10:33 AM
Homer, Groundskeeper Willie, Barney, Flanders, Moe, Wiggum, Mr. Burns.

King Simba
December 6th, 2006, 04:08 PM
I used to be crazy on Mr. Burns around 3 years ago, but now, it would have to be Homer as my favourite character. I just think he's hilarious, and I love some of his antics in some of the episodes.

Homer: "To start press any key- where's the any key?! I see ESC, CTRL and PGUP...but I still can't see any any key!"
^ :lol: I love that quote. xD

I used to collect the Simpsons Season box-sets, but I stopped after I bought the 4th season. I still have heaps of DVDs/VHS's in my cupboard to do with them though, and I still watch them sometimes, but not as regularly as I used to. xP

Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
I heard they stop doing Simpsons in a few years tho. they want to stop when it's still popular.
They continued making episodes until the 16th season I think, if I'm not mistaken. :thinks:

Kiara Serengeti
December 6th, 2006, 04:21 PM
They say they are making episodes until the new Simpsons movie, which will definitely be interesting! Rawr...they'd better make sure its a good movie, and not some "'steal' money from the loyal fans and then have them find out it is itshay." :mad:

For those of you who are wondering, TV TOME is @ a new location at last! Last time I searched it was nix, nada! Here's the Epi guide for our favorite yellow family's show.
Epi Guide and more--Simpsons. (http://www.tv.com/the-simpsons/show/146/episode_guide.html?tag=subtabs;guide) It's not the same, but it's still good.

I have a question. In one episode, I think the Superbowl one, Moe says: "I heard that *covers mouth* President Clinton is going to be watching the game with his wife *covers mouth again*...Hillary."

Any reason for that? Sorry if I sound vague...been a long time since that epi.

XxBlackXxParadeXx
December 7th, 2006, 06:05 PM
Ralph or Maggie :cheese:, i love the treehouse of horror episodes

Ooooo anyone here go to the No Homers forum, i used too

Monai
December 7th, 2006, 07:05 PM
Just to say, this thread reminds me of around April-October 2004, when I was a lot more into the Simpsons than I am now.

My favourite character is Homer, he's just plain funny, but I'm also a fan of Lisa. Bart used to be one of my favourites.

Nephilim
December 7th, 2006, 10:00 PM
Lenny and Karl are so gay for each other. <3

Noodle
December 7th, 2006, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim

Lmao. But agreed.

Homer gets my vote.

Nephilim
December 7th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Noodle
Lmao. But agreed.

Indeed, I quite enjoy the running jokes now. ;P

Kiara Serengeti
December 8th, 2006, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim

There actually is a recent epi where they are doing something and Lenny says, "See, this is why people think we're gay." I don't actually think they are gay, or at least Lenny isn't. I think its just a joke. But Smithers is a stereotyped gay character. Actually, I think gay people are coolio...they're still people. *coughs* but this isn't a moral or political thread, so I'll shut up.
:cheese:

My three favorite characters are:

1. Lisa
2. Ralph
3. Homer