PDA

View Full Version : 2014 New Year's Resolutions

cleargreenwater
December 31st, 2013, 02:40 PM
...Someone's always gotta start a thread like this right? :P

Anyone making any? I usually do and will, I just haven't sat down and thought of them yet. I'm not doing anything big for the New Year holiday, so I'll probably ponder on it a bit later tonight.

nathalie
December 31st, 2013, 03:07 PM
Loose weight. Obviously, lol.

Maybe a good thing is to try and stay away from fastfood kind of things.
McDonalds, Quick, Subway.
And stay away more from crisps and such.
I think if I can manage that in the first 2 months of 2014, I might be in the right direction.

Other then that I think ...
Thinking about myself a lot more. Since my health was pretty bad the past year, I need to think about *me* and not let others (such as, unemployment agencies) think for me or tell me how I need to feel, as only *I* can know how I feel.

No one will mess with me anymore in 2014 MUAHAHAHAHAAAAA :p

Azerane
December 31st, 2013, 03:26 PM
I never really sit down and make a solid list of resolutions. But as a general rule, continue to save money and improve on saving money is my main priority. In addition to that, getting fit which is mainly losing a tiny bit of weight and just toning up a bit, do more hiking etc.

I suppose one thing that I really want to get on top of that I find hard, is being proactive and having a schedule for getting all the housework done. I find it very overwhelming and never really have things all figured out. So I'm thinking if I make up a roster or something for it it may help.

Oh and also... HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :D

Leorgathar
January 1st, 2014, 07:36 AM
Happy New Year!! It just turned 2014 here half an hour ago :D

My resolutions... I haven't put them in order in my mind xD but at least I'll try to have a finished and coloured drawing every month. I'm all up for improving there :)

Azerane
January 1st, 2014, 08:15 AM
Oooh, that's a good one Leor, I know I seem to go through phases of art where I do tonnes, and then I just don't do any for months. So I think at least one full-coloured image a month is a good thing, maybe two, so one can be TLK canon and the other personal :p

Sombolia
January 1st, 2014, 08:42 PM
Happy new year everyone! I wish you guys the best =)

My resolutions:
- Get my driver's license! I'm nervous about this one but I think I can do it.
- Improve my makeup skills. xD
- Practice my hobbies more. Play guitar, draw etc. That's something I really lapsed on in 2013.
- Start studying French again.

Kasei
January 1st, 2014, 08:43 PM
Happy New Year everyone! :D I just made a thread about this at Lilymud, haha, oops. x3 I can't help it, old habits die hard and I usually go there first before here, even though it's way more active here.

As for me, I'll just repeat what I said there: Drawing more. I really want to try out this whole freelance artist/illustrator thing and see where it takes me. Possibly no where, but I don't want to get to the end of my life and say I didn't try. So far my motivation for this goal has been pretty high and I've been making a point to draw a LOT more than I have in years, so my New Years Resolution is to keep going with that and to keep my schedule clear so that I can focus more on drawing. *woot*

Also getting healthier, haha. But that's all over the Let's Get Healthy thread, so I won't repeat that here. x3

Kirauni
January 3rd, 2014, 12:58 PM
Happy new year everyone!

I also got some resolutions.
First of all, I'd like to loose some weight, too. I still have too many of the pounds left I gained them during pregnancy. I want my previous weight back! :D
It's so hard to get rid of those additiona pounds, especially with Christmas and all the holidays.. And I was not able to do do my exercices regularly, so that didn't help either.
But this year I'll definately start working on it :) Maybe I'll even join you in the "Let's get healthy!" thread *gg* I could use some more motivation ;)

Another resolution is that I'll finally start to get rid of some old paperwork and maybe clean our cellar, once it's getting warmer outside. We'll see.

And since it's TLKs 20th birthday this year, I'll definately watch the movies again ^^

So good luck on your resolutions!

Kasei
January 3rd, 2014, 04:21 PM
Oh my gosh, it *is* the 20th anniversary of TLK! D: Wow. Crazy!! I'll have to think of something to draw for this summer....

cleargreenwater
January 5th, 2014, 02:18 AM
Well, ah....My resolution and big goal for this year is to learn how to concentrate and focus and learn things and retain information in a healthy way again.

I don't get information from reading the way I used to anymore it seems like because reading has become an OCD behavior, when I read a book I will obsess over finishing the entire book in one sitting at the expense of all other things, including sleeping and eating appropriately until it's finished, and then naturally remember absolutely nothing about the information I'd just read due to exhaustion, so it's been pretty frustrating and fruitless. It happens with other things like websites, too, must follow all the links in one sitting, or refresh-refresh-refresh-refresh-&-retain-nothing, but usually with those I do break off to maintain basic normalcy. Reading books has really been problematic the last year or two though.

So my resolution and goal for this year is to break all of that behavior down and start unraveling the obsessive response to get back to engaging with information and reading material a healthy way like I used to. I really do miss reading/learning as an enjoyable, not grueling & exhausting, past-time, and gaining something good from the experience.

Aaaaand....that's what I'm aiming for this 2014. *rueful*

King Simba
January 16th, 2014, 09:08 AM
I don't normally set myself New Year's Resolutions as most of the time I can't be certain if I'll actually do them or not, but I know for sure I'll do this one this year... I'll try lobster at long last. :p

Another one would be to get myself back into my art again (I've been going through a terrible art block lately x_x) so I hope I can achieve that too.

HasiraKali
December 23rd, 2014, 11:41 PM
I'm bumping this one because I'm curious as to how y'all did on this. :p

Leorgathar
December 24th, 2014, 02:24 AM
So nice that you did xD

I had the resolution of doing a full drawing a month to improve both my gallery and my drawing skills. I didn't achieve the "one drawing a month" part, but I still think that I quite improved in my drawing since last year, and later in the year I managed to make up for the months I missed without drawing.
Sooo I'll still count it as a success :lalala:

King Simba
December 24th, 2014, 08:25 AM
I tried lobster at Red Lobster. That's about it. :p

I also got myself back into drawing, but over the past few months I've had very little inspiration to draw anything. Hopefully that will change soon once I get my new tablet. ;)

Azerane
December 24th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Great idea HK :D

I've somewhat succeeded:
Lose weight - yes, 3kg.
Hike more often - yes, weekly, 7-12km.
Save more money/spend less - yes, and yes. Buying less food at work, cheaper food when I do.

No progress on the regular housework front yet though :lol:

nathalie
December 24th, 2014, 11:28 AM
Resolutions? What resolutions? -_-

Safe to say I won't be making any for 2015.

Guntur
December 27th, 2014, 11:49 AM
I promised myself to buy a hell of a game on Winter sale and Autumn sale last year, Guess I already grabbed it all, time for a new plan. LOSING WEIGHT. :cheese:

Oh, this year has been great, one thing though. The Restoration of Old Lea Halalela. I cannot go in the archives forum and not cry, I cried every single bit, Guess the innocence that we lost in this past year. :tears: :emo:

cleargreenwater
December 27th, 2014, 01:25 PM
Hmm, how did I do? Well...I have stopped reading before bed, which seems to have broken a little bit of the unhealthy behavior. Unfortunately this year in trying to NOT read obsessively, I seem to have gone to the other extreme. I have been reading only when I could schedule in a chunk of time of at least 2 consecutive hours to read during, and scheduling a 2 hour or more block of time for something is never easy. I have only finished maybe 5 or 6 books all year, which is no good either. But at least I remember some of what I read and didn't physically suffer for the experience of reading either, so that's a good thing.

I'd say my resolution was successful all in all but still needs to be tweaked.

This year....I have no clue. o_O

HasiraKali
December 28th, 2014, 05:46 AM
For the last few years, I've only made one resolution: Be happy. It's working out for me pretty well to be honest.

Lion King Stu
December 30th, 2014, 12:09 PM
Well, my year for keeping my resolutions has to be fair been quite the total disaster really...but hey ho, up and down year (mostly down) lets be hoping for a decent 2015 where I can hopefully make a better attempt at keeping them.

Guntur
December 30th, 2014, 04:13 PM
To be honest, from March MH 370 tragedy and MH 17 to Current Malaysia biggest flood and Lost of Airasia airlines I hope 2015 God would shine on us a little brighter this time. :)

Lweek
December 31st, 2014, 08:31 AM
I think I would love to visit USA in 2015. What is more important I'm still on my journey to find myself. I would love to make some progress so my resolution is to force myself doing brave steps. Don't turn away from unknown. As well as work on my condition ... move little bit more and more often.

ThiagoPE
December 31st, 2014, 06:45 PM
In my case, i hope 2015 brings a lo of changes to my life, some were made in 2014 but its effects still canīt be seen yet.

I really want to make a lot of things but unfotunatedly a lot of resources lack to me for me achieve my goal, i hope i can obtain those resources and make my plans beome a reality.

Happy 2015 for everyone here.

Simbaspirit
January 8th, 2015, 07:28 PM
For 2015, I want to have more intention in my life - I want to live without dead time. No more wasting hours on social media. I want to create more, expand my business, find a new community and a new job. It sounds like a lot but I'm already halfway there on a lot of fronts which helps :)

Other little goals for the year include travel more (even if its just a night somewhere a few hours away), spend more time outside (a little hard right now since it's constantly -40 outside) and say "yes" to more things in life. Happy New Year!

Utora
January 11th, 2015, 01:18 AM
For 2014, I wanted to be more happy, in general. That is I meant to change my "the class is half empty" mindset. Through 2014, I've achieved a lot towards this, also an acceptance (by talking with others) that a part of it is personality + age. Being idealistic, ambitious, driven and perfectionistic are just part of growing. So I changed my goal to remaining open minded, and it has worked. Everyone gets negative, that's life..but I seek good changes, good perspectives, etc. I'll always be a big cynical as a result of my personality, in that I challenege everything and analyze it like a scientist until it makes sense to me on a logical level. I'm fine with that much.

As for 2015 -

I want to maintain my good grades (discipline) and closer to achieving my degree.
I would like to make it to Cancun, Mexico by Spring Break and perhaps Jamaica the end of this year as planned.
Focus more on my health - I stay very busy and in my down time I still do not address things like the dentist, well-woman, I need to see a doctor about allergies etc. I have started with addressing my lactose inolterance...before I'd just eat dairy and endure the symtpoms until it was so bad, I got a supplement.
Continue my routine at the gym.
Take more job based risks (move up), if it doesn't happen that's ok.
Smile more.

:)

Good luck to everyone else and their goals!