PDA

View Full Version : Twister (1996)

lionkinglover
December 18th, 2013, 04:24 PM
Has anyone else on My lion King seen this movie? I remember watching it all the Time when I was a kid, We had it on VHS. :p I remember being fascinated with Weather and Tornadoes after I saw the movie. I used to have it on DVD a couple of years back, but It got scratched because I was little. :P The VHS tape is worn out. xD If anyone does not know about the movie, here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twister_%281996_film%29

Here are some of the Posters too : http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a5/Twistermovieposter.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-FLjvBvdhgUc/Td0O-LM8ghI/AAAAAAAADCQ/CKD9s0z9Z_0/s1600/twister-1996-13-g.jpg

The Trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqjWzGAbWCA

Sadiki
December 18th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I can't say I have and I guess you first posted this on MLK and then just copied and pasted it or if not you got the wrong forum :lol:

lionkinglover
December 18th, 2013, 05:26 PM
I can't say I have and I guess you first posted this on MLK and then just copied and pasted it or if not you got the wrong forum :lol:

Lol yes. xD I was too lazy to rewrite it again. xD You should see the movie though. :p It's a classic. :D

nathalie
December 18th, 2013, 05:28 PM
Never seen the movie STM ? Culture shock o_O lol

I have seen it many times, I love it. I don't like those "fake made for TV movies" about things like that, but Jan de Bont is a great director and did a great job with this movie.

lionkinglover
December 18th, 2013, 06:35 PM

I have seen it many times, I love it. I don't like those "fake made for TV movies" about things like that, but Jan de Bont is a great director and did a great job with this movie.

I agree. :) I really don't like many of those movies that are like that, but Twister was different for me. xD I loved the Effects in the movie.:p

Dare
December 18th, 2013, 10:49 PM
Ooooooh, I love this movie - I saw it in the cinema at least 3 times and now own it on DVD.
...which is funny 'cause I have an intense fear of tornados, despite having never lived in a tornado zone. Up until I saw this movie, I had talked myself into the unrealistic belief that tornados didn't happen at night. Silly silly Dare. Twister destroyed that bubble...thanks, Twister.
:P

Granted, I know it's not scientifically accurate and the tornados "growling" make me laugh, but the dialogue never ceases to amuse.
Special effects aren't too bad either.

Kasei
December 18th, 2013, 11:00 PM
I remember seeing this movie...and I remember liking it! I never thought of it as a horror....more of a thriller/action movie. Then again that's how I felt about Jurassic Park as a kid too, so maybe I'm not a good judge. x3

lionkinglover
December 19th, 2013, 12:19 AM
Ooooooh, I love this movie - I saw it in the cinema at least 3 times and now own it on DVD.
...which is funny 'cause I have an intense fear of tornados, despite having never lived in a tornado zone. Up until I saw this movie, I had talked myself into the unrealistic belief that tornados didn't happen at night. Silly silly Dare. Twister destroyed that bubble...thanks, Twister.
:P

Granted, I know it's not scientifically accurate and the tornados "growling" make me laugh, but the dialogue never ceases to amuse.
Special effects aren't too bad either.
I love this movie too. :D I used to have it on VHS and DVD, but the DVD got lost, and the VHS was worn out from when I was little. I remember showing my classmates my VHS tape of it in Kindergarten and telling everyone how much I loved that movie. I was 3 or 4 when my dad showed it the movie to me. I'm scared of Tornadoes and Lightning. (Well, Tornadoes if they are anywhere near me.) This movie had me Fascinated with Tornadoes. Yeah Tornadoes at night are scary. :o The beginning of the movie I always skipped, because still to this day, I'm scared of that part. I agree. I don't care how unrealistic this movie is, I'll always love this movie.

I remember seeing this movie...and I remember liking it! I never thought of it as a horror....more of a thriller/action movie. Then again that's how I felt about Jurassic Park as a kid too, so maybe I'm not a good judge. x3
Yeah same here. :) You are not alone. Never seen Jurassic park. Should though.

Azerane
December 19th, 2013, 03:32 AM
I believe I've seen it, and I remember not liking it at all. It probably partly scared me and I think I partly thought it was just badly done :p

lionkinglover
December 19th, 2013, 03:53 AM
I believe I've seen it, and I remember not liking it at all. It probably partly scared me and I think I partly thought it was just badly done :p

That's fine with me. Not everyone has to like it. :p This movie, I loved so much.

Sadiki
December 20th, 2013, 07:01 AM

:lol: I can't see every movie ever made. To be honest I never even heard of this movie. :confused: maybe if it ever is on Netflix or already is there I add it on the queue.

nathalie
December 20th, 2013, 07:22 AM
This movie was such a huge thing when it came out back in the days. If you like that kind of stuff, watch it, the special effects, cast, all amazing, and don't ever watch those ugly made for tv movies about twisters and such which are filmed with a shaky hand, they blow -_-

lionkinglover
December 20th, 2013, 05:22 PM
:lol: I can't see every movie ever made. To be honest I never even heard of this movie. :confused: maybe if it ever is on Netflix or already is there I add it on the queue.
Lol I can't either. Netfix sadly does not have it for instant. Amazon does, and they have an Instant streaming thing too. They have were you can rent the movie as well,

This movie was such a huge thing when it came out back in the days. If you like that kind of stuff, watch it, the special effects, cast, all amazing, and don't ever watch those ugly made for tv movies about twisters and such which are filmed with a shaky hand, they blow -_-
I agree with you all the way. It may not be well known much today, but my dad said back in the day, it was popular. xD The movie must have been really great for me to wore out both my DVD and VHS of it. xD :D

Guntur
January 26th, 2014, 10:00 AM
Have to say the best film I ever watch in the late 90's. I love it to death when someone mention that they really like the movie.

Guntur
April 21st, 2015, 03:10 PM
All I can remember is/was this was the last movie I watched in Malacca (My personal Pride Rock) before moving to the Capital City, I have some sentimental value that I have on this movie.

Definitely love the every aspect of the movie, the drama, the actions, and the ending romance thing. This movie also introduced me to watch The Shining, which was featured at the drive in movie scene before the tornado rip off the theater.