PDA

View Full Version : Happy Feet!

Frodo
November 1st, 2006, 12:41 AM
Anyone looking forward to this? :cheese:

*raises paw* I love March of the Penguins and this is animated penguins and such... Anyone else have opinions?

Oh, and a link... I need to promote this!
Happy Penguins Dance! (http://happypenguin.proboards76.com)

LunarCat
November 1st, 2006, 12:48 AM
this looks so awesome! i'm so excited to see it :wow:

Frodo
November 1st, 2006, 12:50 AM
Glad to hear I'm not the only one excited! XD Even though I know I'm not through other sources as well..

Ah, and I forgot to mention... Guests can post at the forum as well! In fact, it's encouraged! :secret:

Sharifu
November 1st, 2006, 11:50 AM
I really want to see Happy Feet! It looks adorable! I love pengiuns!

Kiara Serengeti
November 13th, 2006, 04:49 AM
I am so excited! The penguins are really realistic! It's kind of "bubble-gum cute", but there's some neat jokes and songs too! From the previews it looks FANTASTIC.

DarkPaw
November 14th, 2006, 04:16 AM
I'm SO excited to see this! For once, and it's been too long, a good animated film that doesn't look like it'll be rife with potty humour and bad jokes with a weak plot line!

And I'll be breaking my 'vow' to not waste my money on those craptastic CG films, but this actually looks like it might actually have a moral and something to teach kids without making ten fart jokes whenever the plot gets stale...

Whatever-I can't WAIT to see this!

Aurelian
November 15th, 2006, 10:54 PM
I admit, I was a bit skeptical at first. All they would say in adds here is that it was about danding penguins. It took awhile before they even mentioned an actuall plot. Now that they have, though, I'm more interested now.

If I am not mistaking, it stars Elijah Wood(Frodo- Lord of the Rings) & Brittany Murphy(Louanne- King of the Hill), and Brittany actually does her own singing voice!

Kiara Serengeti
November 17th, 2006, 10:19 PM
WOOHA! It started today. Can't wait to go see, soon as I can! *points to siggy*

superdoglac
November 24th, 2006, 05:16 AM
Yeah, I wanna see it too. It looks adorable :cheese:

Nephilim
November 24th, 2006, 03:59 PM
I hear this film is about the dangers of blindly following religion... :hmm:

LunarCat
November 24th, 2006, 10:53 PM
loved this movie!!!!!! so cute!!! as a film however, there was no plot! it kept changing!

@Neph-the movie could have been taken in that direction

Kiara Serengeti
November 29th, 2006, 07:46 AM
So it was a 'cute and fun, but plotless' flick?

Dare
November 29th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Ok, baby penguins pretty much kill me with cuteness, so I had to see this movie twice because the first time I was too busy dying to really pay attention. *facepalms*
I loved it, particularly the stuff that could be interpreted as social commentary:

- blind clinging to tradition and/or religion
- intolerance and/or ostracism of those different
- pollution and/or human impact on environment

There's a plot. The entire movie is about Mumble's quest to be accepted and/or save his colony - how he accomplishes that is the main plot of the story...it's just that there's a lot of other stuff tacked onto the plot so it may not be visible from start to finish. He goes a lot of places, does a lot of things, but the overall journey is the same.

Kiara Serengeti
December 16th, 2006, 12:58 AM
I went to see it today. The animation was beautiful...and the "set" design was gorgeous...the ice, the water, all wonderfully done. However, most of the film was full of penguins conversing in song and the whole thing about 'all penguins need a heartsong' got rather repetative. There was not much character development, except with Gloria and Memphis. I liked it when it finally got to the plot about saving the colony. It got pretty exciting then!!! And most of it was sad and true. They were balancing between making Lovelace's plight funny and tragic, and it got a bit awkward. It was a very amusing and fulfilling ending, the penguin chicks were cute, the AMIGOS were da bomb, Ramon pwned...a nice environmental message, although that (IMHO) got a little too force-fed. I think they could've been a little more subtle in that.

Overall, stellar animation and some exciting\amusing moments. Not what I was expecting.

Out of a 5-scale rating I'd give it a 3 1\2. "Very good, but not great."

Sam//x*
January 6th, 2007, 03:07 PM
I went to see this movie a few weeks ago and i didnt like it all!! it was cute yeah but the stroy line was rubbish!! it didnt really have a plot and after a while it go boring.It was too long for a cartoon i thought. The only good bit was that Robin Williams (voiced a penguin) was funny in it. Didnt really enjoy it lol :O

x...xXx...x

DarkPaw
January 6th, 2007, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by Kiara Serengeti
I went to see it today. The animation was beautiful...and the "set" design was gorgeous...the ice, the water, all wonderfully done. However, most of the film was full of penguins conversing in song and the whole thing about 'all penguins need a heartsong' got rather repetative. There was not much character development, except with Gloria and Memphis. I liked it when it finally got to the plot about saving the colony. It got pretty exciting then!!! And most of it was sad and true. They were balancing between making Lovelace's plight funny and tragic, and it got a bit awkward. It was a very amusing and fulfilling ending, the penguin chicks were cute, the AMIGOS were da bomb, Ramon pwned...a nice environmental message, although that (IMHO) got a little too force-fed. I think they could've been a little more subtle in that.

Overall, stellar animation and some exciting\amusing moments. Not what I was expecting.

Out of a 5-scale rating I'd give it a 3 1\2. "Very good, but not great."

Not to mention the innuendo! :gasp: :eww:

That was a great movie, I'm obsessed with Norma Jean. She's so breathy and hilarious.:D

Dyani
January 8th, 2007, 10:44 AM
I loved it, its a classic family-friendly film with an environmental issue at the heart. Very warm feelings, and nice how they combine CGI characters and real ones. Bit different from the entire CGI/animated movie.

Hakuna Matata
November 28th, 2007, 10:58 AM
Happy Feet is ones of the few 3-D animated films that have made the same impact on me that a cel animated film could.