PDA

View Full Version : The Fox and the Hound - 25th anniversary

Darkslash
October 21st, 2006, 08:36 PM
Apparently Disney has released Fox and the Hound from the vault; I just bought a copy from a large display at Target.

lion_roog
October 21st, 2006, 09:06 PM
Man...I haven't seen that movie in a long time...I barely remember it.

ThiagoPE
October 21st, 2006, 09:24 PM
it is a special edition? two discs?

Kovu The Lion
October 21st, 2006, 09:32 PM
I bought that today as well, I loved that movie, still have the first one when it first came out when i was a toddler :)

Kovu

Darkslash
October 21st, 2006, 09:37 PM
Only one disc, but of interest to me were a "making of" segment and concept art.

ThiagoPE
October 22nd, 2006, 02:36 AM
I see
I think there not have even one year I bought the standard dvd of it. because that i think this special edition will be not released here :(

DarkPaw
October 22nd, 2006, 03:47 AM
That movie is good. It kinda pushes the envelope in terms of setting a fox free that had been basically domesticated for the majority of its life...However, I still do like it. I watched it last year on the Disney Channel.

I would rather have that DVD than The Little Mermaid...:eww:

Stormfury
October 22nd, 2006, 04:33 AM
Cool. Hopefully the midquel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9tM-8yegno) is as equally cool.

Hey, what's wrong with The Little Mermaid, just get drunk and watch it... you'll be surprised...

^0^

Darkslash
October 22nd, 2006, 04:49 AM
Heh, the "Midquel" looks interesting... I'm glad they didn't feel like they had to continue from the end of the Fox and the Hound (it's kinda like LK1.5).

Sharifu
October 22nd, 2006, 06:53 AM
I saw that that DVD is in full screen. Was it not animated in wide screen? :confused:

Anyways I would still like to get it. Once I get a job again. :p

Aurelian
November 13th, 2006, 06:39 PM
I still have the original release of Fox and the Hound. Great movie, and I love how the ending shows that somtimes you just have to go one way or the other. You can't have your cake and eat it too. And Big Mama is hilarious. On a sad note, the man who played Chief(Patrick Buttram of Green Acres fame) recently passed away.

Here is some very interesting trivia. The people that played Boomer the woodpecker and the hedgehog from the woods would come together again in a later Disney series as much better known best freinds.

Paul Winchill, who played Boomer played the original Tigger from the "Winnie the Pooh series, before Jim Cummings took over. Ironically, John Fielder, who played the Porcupine, plays Tigger's good freind, Piglet! :cheese:

Kovu The Lion
November 13th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Hmm aren't they coming out with a Fox and the Hound 2?

Or is that just a rumor or dream I had oO;;

But ontopic:

Darkslash is sly like Toddddd :3

Kovu

Aurelian
November 15th, 2006, 10:55 PM
Originally posted by S0nique
Cool. Hopefully the midquel (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9tM-8yegno) is as equally cool.

Hey, what's wrong with The Little Mermaid, just get drunk and watch it... you'll be surprised...

^0^

;)

nathalie
November 15th, 2006, 10:58 PM
Hey, nothing wrong about The Little Mermaid ... :p

Prince Eric ... *rawrr* :lol:

Sharifu
November 16th, 2006, 10:47 AM
:lol: Have you ever realized how much Eric and Aladdin look alike? :haha:

nathalie
November 16th, 2006, 11:43 AM
Haven't thought about that about their looks, but I did think the voices were very similar.

Sharifu
November 17th, 2006, 01:39 AM
But yeah they're both cute... Hehe... :p

Anyways my mom got me a copy of this DVD. (I'm going to pay her back for it) I look forward to seeing it when I get to her house for Christmas. (With STM too!) ^^ I haven't seen The Fox and the Hound in a long time.

Hakuna Matata
November 28th, 2007, 10:53 AM
I really do love this film. While it's certainly no Bambi, Aladdin, or Lion King, it deals with real life problems and situations only a Disney movie could ever do. Some scenes in this film nearly made me cry as well.

KanuTGL
November 28th, 2007, 03:34 PM
Ah, I need to get myself a copy of it on DVD! I used to love that film, and it's still among my top favourites ever. I'll look out for its Swedish release... xP

Kopa
November 28th, 2007, 09:22 PM
Man I also need to get this on DVD before it's gone....Along with The Lion King this was another of the films that I used to watch all the time. :cheese: I haven't watched it in such a long time...I can't remember the owl's name. Was it Big Mama? Anyway besides Tod she was my favorite ^_^

Hakuna Matata
November 29th, 2007, 01:02 AM
Yeah, it was 'Big Mama'.

Darkslash
November 29th, 2007, 06:44 PM
1 year 1 month 8 days ago, I started this thread.

Guntur
November 29th, 2007, 06:46 PM
^Relax, he's on topic so there's no problem with it. :)

Darkslash
November 29th, 2007, 07:32 PM
No, I was just surprised to see it!

Guntur
November 29th, 2007, 07:41 PM
^ :woeisme: My mistake, sorry!

Darkslash
November 29th, 2007, 08:10 PM
... wait for it....

Hakuna Matata.

Hakuna Matata
November 29th, 2007, 10:14 PM
I'm...confused now.

Guntur
November 30th, 2007, 03:53 AM
^You have no idea :evilgrin:

Hakuna Matata
November 30th, 2007, 05:10 AM
Precisely...

Guntur
November 30th, 2007, 06:37 AM
^ :evilgrin: :woeisme:

Back to topic:

Actually i'm not a fan of Disney's Classic because I used to play outdoors than watching TV. Soo... less TV more playing like.... him ----->:cheese: