PDA

View Full Version : Footage you would like to see?

nathalie
November 9th, 2013, 01:37 PM
I think we all know the extra's from the DVD / laserdisc / special made for TV making of / VHS that comes with the deluxe box.

I wanna say Blu-Ray aswell, I have many of them, but I can't play them, so I don't know what extra's are on there :lol:

(just as info: can anyone maybe rip those extra's and make avi's from them? hehe)

Anyways ...

None of these extra features seem to have recording sessions with Rowan Atkinson.
I would have loved to see some of those.

And music recordings. Nowadays, most extra's show a video clip (weather it's an actual clip made, or just recordings from recording sessions).
Would have been cool to see some of those recordings, and then to also actually see what the people look like (like Carmen Twillie, I swear, before I had internet, even though the name is Carmen, I swear it was a male's voice, haha!).

And just for fun, here's a clip with Rowan & Elton John, before Lion King.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hm5EkJXlgM8

lionloversam
November 9th, 2013, 03:58 PM
That was really funny. Thanks for sharing. :lol:

ThiagoPE
November 9th, 2013, 05:07 PM
I love too see/hear all extras of my movies. I "survived" for example the 26 hours of extras of the lord of the rings extended (15 discs) edition.

I get upset sometimes as some companies doesnot subtitle the comentaries,and how im not na english speaker, hear them in english is not possible.

Usually Bluray have much more extras than dvds, even tough today I can say they are decreasing the bluray overall quality (including the extra material) to the same level of , like 2008 dvds (when it starded to decline due blurays)

The lion king has only two "new" extras in the bluray, one of them had a sequence that could only be watched by US people on the now defunct "Disney movies online" but some pirates exctracted it from there for us foreigners can watch it.

Today blurays drives/players are affordable, if you donīt want to invest on them, you my try get one of those 50 dollar chinese USB bluray drives found on ebay, even tough they are not perfect, is a nice choice to watch bds in your computer or laptop.

And yes, is possible to convert the bluray material to be watched as file (acctually, if you want to keep original quality you donīt even need to convert anything, is just copy the .m2ts file, as it are a kind of .mp4 file), of course you need a software to break the disc anti copy protection, which is one by using the software "anydvd hd"

Example: The hunchback of notredame US/BR Bluray
All movies files of a bluray movie are located at (yourbddriveletter):\BDMV\STREAM

nathalie
November 9th, 2013, 06:30 PM
I don't want blu-ray, not even one of those 50 $ Chinese USB things, haha.
I don't care about the arguments, so no one has to bother to change my mind :p (just saving everyone the trouble by saying this :p )

If I could, I'd still be watching all my old VHS. Which, actually I can, as I only just bought a VHS player 3 years ago :lol:
(2nd hand one, but still, haha)

ThiagoPE
November 9th, 2013, 07:02 PM
The only problem is that you donīt find now the parts for when it break or need the (reading)head replace, as how it work "rubbing" the tape, is natural it getting weared and need to be replaced.

I donīt have anything against vhs, sometimes I even watch some old movies that werenot released in digital format here in vhs, but we need to admit that bluray are much, much more better in picture and sound quality and even the bônus material, that some times are presented in dvd quaality, but are exclusive for bluray.

For you that are in europe, it also fix the TERRIBLY ANOYING movie 4% speed up (you there in europe always watching the movies with this speed up, may be already familiar with it, but we that always used ntsc (which decrease the movie speed in 0,04%, basically the diference between cinema speed to ntsc speed is pratically unperceptible) when watching same movie with the pal version disc is terribly anoying, the voices seems pitched, its a terror...

Well, if i bought a "media format" which i could not watch, i would be very upset, when i was child, my parents gone to europe and bringed to me aladdin from Portugal, when i tried to play it here, it, of course, not played in my pal-m vcr, i become so upset that i destroyed the tape...

For me, bluray is a quite nice format, its nice to handle, nice to create the disc, the subtitles, has enhanced quality and universal compatibility, and, at least here in brazil, their prices are getting the same as dvds, so what more i could ask?

nathalie
November 9th, 2013, 07:15 PM
Anyways ... back to the topic title :D

KanuTGL
November 9th, 2013, 11:35 PM
What I'd love to see is story development for Simba's Pride. I'm super, super curious about the earlier storylines they worked on for it. Things like Kiara's brother, Kovu being Scar's actual son, Simba being killed... I seriously want to know how the writers worked with plots like that.

Specifically I'd also like to know more about Sarabi's lullaby :3 I always thought that "To Be King" never got past its concept stage, but they did actually storyboard and record it, so I wonder if there's material like that for Sarabi's song too...

nathalie
November 9th, 2013, 11:58 PM
Come to think of it, are there any extra features on a Simba's Pride DVD / Blu-Ray?

The Dutch DVD version from 1999 doesn't have anything, and the 2004 version is a 2-disc, but the 2nd disc only has a bunch of games on it.

I have the US 2004 DVD, I should check what's on there, I don't know o_O

And since all my Blu-Rays are still in their original seal/packaging, I don't know if they have some interesting extra's on them.

And I have the Finnish 2004 DVD, but the cover is in Finnish, so I don't know what's on there :lol:

ThiagoPE
November 10th, 2013, 12:00 PM
It would be so good if Disney updated the lion king bd live function (Disney virtual vault) with new vídeo material.
I would love to see more interviews with the actors talking about the movie.

While this donīt happen, dont forget to see the second screen of the movie, there we have A LOT of good materials (https://disneysecondscreen.go.com/TheLionKing/thelionking_app.html)

For simbaīs pride, the only extra that really talks about the movie production is the making of, which are diferent in the US version (10 minutes long) and foreign countries version (7 minutes long). To me those versions are pretty diferent as the us version has some interviews with actors, but the foreign version no. the interesting is that by what i though they created this short version because the lack of space on dvd disc ( as outside US the 2004 dvd were a single disc edition, when there it was 2 disc) , even the music vdeo of love will find a way is cutted in foreign dvd, as the us version has the entire 4 minutes song and the foreign version has only 2 minutes. For the making of documentary the same thing happened with the bluray! eevn tough the love will find a way clip is showed entirely now in all bluray versions.

The only new extra of the bluray is not related with movie production....

To say the truth, due this lack of extra features, Disney splitted the lion king 2 and 3 in two disc to earn more Money, because technically, the disc had sapce to have both movies in one disc without losing quality... good that now it are doing that and saving our precious money.