PDA

View Full Version : our 8-legged friends ^_^

nathalie
August 31st, 2006, 09:07 AM
Anyone else shares this huge fear for these "creatures" ?

And maybe have some "funny" story's about it?

There was this huge one blocking the door 5 minutes ago ...
And I had to get out. But I couldn't ...

I totally fear those things, even though I probably know they are more scared of us ...

Anyway, home alone, Bart at his work ...
So I call Bart, to ask him, if he can call his dad to come over and remove the huge thing.

So, Bart's dad was just here, removed it, and went back home :lol:

I can handle a bug though, but not those kinds :eek:

Another funny story, me being trapped in the bathroom for 20 minutes ^_^
I needed a towel, went in there, and while I was walking out, there was one hanging on a string above the door ... So I was afraid of walking through it again, I thought it could might fall on me or something :eek:
And Bart was at work, luckely, he had only 20 minutes left to get home, so I wasn't "stuck" in there for any longer :lol:

*double blush*

Neola
August 31st, 2006, 11:41 AM
Erm, you're talking spiders, ain't ya? :p

Anyway, I'm not really scared of any insects...not that I'd want those things in my house or anything :lol:

lion_roog
August 31st, 2006, 11:52 AM
I had a pet Wolf spider and he chilled in his web in the corner of the room...But then he was eaten by another spider...:D

Daniel
August 31st, 2006, 12:26 PM
i'm not really scared of spiders myself. my mum is terrified of them, so she always asks me to throw them out of the house when one shows up :D

Katari
August 31st, 2006, 12:36 PM
Spiders...nah. I feel sorry for those that are scared of them, because it just hasn't happened to me; and I was even bitten twice by the little buggers -- got the nice round scars to prove it!

nathalie
August 31st, 2006, 12:40 PM
Bitten by them :eek: :eww:

Now I'm gonna be even more paranoid about them, haha.
Once I saw one, I just have to check every room before I enter ... *I'm so weird* :lol:

Katari
August 31st, 2006, 12:51 PM
It's okay, Nathalie, they weren't even the poisonous kind...well, not too poisonous. It wasn't that bad.:evilgrin:

nathalie
August 31st, 2006, 12:52 PM
Poisonous or not ... I'll still react like this: :eek: :eww:

haha

Neola
August 31st, 2006, 12:53 PM
You scared of mice too, Nathalie? :secret:

Katari
August 31st, 2006, 01:07 PM
Now, if this thread were about snakes....:eww:

Amaryllis
August 31st, 2006, 01:11 PM
god im terrified by spiders really. I would have thesame situation as you Nathalie if the spiders were really big and black and hairy.. :eww:

Anyways, those little ones are ok though, i mean, i dont need to tuch them, but when they are in my room, they'd better stay in the save corners, when they get into my 'death zone' which is 1 feet close to my bed, they're gunna die :grin:

lion_roog
August 31st, 2006, 01:13 PM
When I was 2 I was bitten by a freakin' Brown Recluse...but since I was taken to the hospital right away it wasn't serious...

Some pics...:D....Warning, some of them are pretty graphic...

Brown Recluse:
http://www.netmedicine.com/img/img0047.jpg

10 Days after bite if it isn't treated right away:
http://thefuntimesguide.com/images/blogs/brown_recluse_spider_bite_Day10.jpg

Another after bite pic:
http://www.emedicinehealth.com/images/4453/4453-4474-10729-42551.jpg

Kapasa
August 31st, 2006, 01:16 PM
When I was like 4 I found a lovely big spider and picked it up. It then bit me on my palm I think, wasnt posionous or anything we dont get them here. Although there are black widow spiders on the isle of white. Anyway so after it bit me ive always been scared of 'em, but not too scared to move them outside.

When I go to bed and look at the walls and ceiling before I nod off, well if theres a spider I can see, I always must get rid of it. Or else I can never get to sleep.

lion_roog
August 31st, 2006, 01:17 PM
You know what they say...there's always a spider within three feet of you...:nukasm:

King Simba
August 31st, 2006, 01:32 PM
Spiders. Don't even go there is all I say. :p

Yeah, I'm terrified of them. I really can't stay in the same room as one (well, depending on the size anyways.) I think I must have visions of one crawling in my bed in the middle of the night while I sleep. :cringe:

Hmm, and there was me with a lizard on my bed a few days ago. :thinks:

As for other little things that crawl, I may even be scared of those as well. xD

Neola
August 31st, 2006, 02:07 PM
Aww...no, squishing them is mean :(

flushing them down the toilet is way more fun! :D

J/k :lol:

Lion King Stu
August 31st, 2006, 02:12 PM
You flushed one!!! murderer!!!:horror:
Glad to say no spiders or insects creep me out ^^.

Just amusing that others seem to be the opposite; so I just sit back and watch:cheese:.

Daniel
August 31st, 2006, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Katari
Now, if this thread were about snakes....:eww:

:gasp: GET THOSE MOTHERF**KING SNAKES OFF THIS MOTHERF**KING BOARD!

:D

Lion King Stu
August 31st, 2006, 02:18 PM
Wow reusing movie quotes and modding them to this situation :p.
Way to go recycling them Dan xD.

Daniel
August 31st, 2006, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
Wow reusing movie quotes and modding them to this situation :p.
Way to go recycling them Dan xD.

w00tage :D

although "Get these motherf**king trolls off this motherf**king board" is more appropiate in places xD

Lion King Stu
August 31st, 2006, 02:23 PM
Yes one would agree along those lines to that:lol:.
But thats slipping off the subject at hand here Dan Pee Freely xD.

Spiders....kool ^^

Daniel
August 31st, 2006, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by Lion King Stu
Spiders....kool ^^

yeah, cool if you pull the legs off and freeze them :D

This Land
August 31st, 2006, 02:45 PM
I dunno what the fuss is about spiders are cool :cool:

Not to mention that the average person eats 8 spiders a year when they are sleeping :evilgrin:

Neola
August 31st, 2006, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Daniel
yeah, cool if you pull the legs off and freeze them :D #
O_o

Originally posted by This land
the average person eats 8 spiders a year when they are sleeping :evilgrin:
I've heard that before but I never actually believed it...:eww:

nathalie
August 31st, 2006, 02:49 PM
@ Neola, no I'm not afraid of mice, think those look cute actually, haha

princess_horse_xx
August 31st, 2006, 03:15 PM
I m happy with snakes but spiders i could run a mile if i ever did see one of the big hairy ones

Tiikeri
August 31st, 2006, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
You know what they say...there's always a spider within three feet of you...:nukasm:
I heard that the average person eats 5 spiders in their sleep throughout their life ;]

I don't believe that myself but it's something to think about eh? I can't stand spiders, I'm not scared of them but I hate them near me :E

Once when I was in the airport waiting for my plane to M?laga, there was an enormous spider in the departure lounge running around on the floor, I was watching it as it ran towards this group of air stewardesses.....the screams were hilarious yet eardrum-piercingly loud oO Best bit of the holiday actually, M?laga sucked :/

nathalie
August 31st, 2006, 03:16 PM
Omg, what a yummie banner you have :cheese:

Actually, I don't run or scream when I see a spider.
I just freeze up.
I slowly step backwords, and then, if Bart is home, I'll go like: BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART !!

:lol:

Lion Roar
August 31st, 2006, 08:36 PM
I'm not really afraid of spiders, but I think they're disgusting. And I feel unconfortable if there is one near me. A few days ago there was one in my bedroom (the first thing I do after turning on the lights is to look on every wall and the ceiling to see if there's any bug :lol:), and it was an ugly one, bigger than the kind of spiders I usually see in my town... I killed it, 'cause I wouldn't have sleeped If I knew there was a spider somewhere in my bedroom :p

Stormfury
September 1st, 2006, 07:07 AM
The only time spiders bother me is when they drop from ceilings.

Amaryllis
September 1st, 2006, 02:41 PM
I hate spiders in every single way. I also heared you eat spiders in your sleep but i never ?ver believed that, i mean, i sleep so extremely light, i wake up by anything that's in my room, so a spider on my mouth would definately wake me up. x3

lion_roog
September 1st, 2006, 02:46 PM
Amaryllis....there's a spider Right Behind You!!!...:gasp:

Amaryllis
September 1st, 2006, 02:46 PM
shut up roog >.> i see one crawling on your leg =P

lion_roog
September 1st, 2006, 02:48 PM
:haha:...that's just a mosquito....but the Bird Spider is the size of a large dinner plate...and just imagine it crawling on your cealing...Right...Above...your...Head...;)

Don't liook up!

Amaryllis
September 1st, 2006, 02:48 PM
lol i can imagine it yeah =P but you can't scare me without it actually being there ;3

lion_roog
September 1st, 2006, 02:49 PM
Damn!!!...Life is no longer worth living!!...:alone:

Amaryllis
September 1st, 2006, 03:15 PM
...thats soooo pass? ;3

lion_roog
September 1st, 2006, 03:21 PM
I have no idea what that means...:D

Tiikeri
September 1st, 2006, 03:37 PM
Hehe, this thread reminds me of a clip from one of my favourite TV shows...Red Dwarf. The part where Lister has a spider in his underpants xP

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrh7gdv2eA) is the clip XD

A-non-a-mus
September 2nd, 2006, 04:14 PM
spiders? .. nah, never bothered me...

:lol: one time I was wating in this long line... a spider dropped from the ceiling... and began happily building it's web... on my hat... by the time I had gotten to the front I had a lot of webbing on my hat, and this spider sitting in the middle... I looked at the teller and said, "You see how long this line takes?" :lol: I used to be amused watching the spiders trap insects in their web and eat them... (or other spiders)

another time a long time ago, we had rented this cabin for a few days... ... the room was nice and all... but when we went into the basement... they had a few clothes thrown around... a sheet, and bed-frame with no matress.. it looked like something out of a scary movie when the one before had left in a hurry... there was these old stairs that went down into this dark room ... when we opened that door (that was locked yet ajar) there was tons of boxes, and this huge spider ... really big... it had to be some sort of tarantula, as it looked like one ... :lol: I can still remember my brother calling out, "hey look at this spider!" ... and the entire family all running into this room to look at this spider... (there wasn't much space int the room to begin with) :lol: we snapped a few pictures... found another that was above the doorway, gawked at that one a while... I suppose my family doesn't have much of a fear of spiders...

Amaryllis
September 2nd, 2006, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by A-non-a-mus
"You see how long this line takes?" :lol:

BRILLIANT!! xD i'd love to make something like that happen in here xD *laughs out loud*

anyways big spiders... eww, can't stand them, im even afraid to tuch a picture of them... >.>

Xinithian
September 2nd, 2006, 08:13 PM
I don't like spiders, or other crawling insects. I'm not afraid of them, but I don't like them anywhere near me. Actually, if there's a spider in my room, as long as it isn't too big or anywhere near my bed/clothes, I'll let it live. The only phobia I have, which oddly enough more people don't share, is flying insects (except for flies, but they startle me when they buzz by my ear). If something's crawling towards me, I can either step on it or just let it pass by... but bees can follow you and you can't really hit them. Plus, bees have stingers. Not all spiders or crawling insects can bite, but bees can definetly sting you (although fortunately I haven't been stung in over 10 years).

Kiara
September 3rd, 2006, 06:21 AM
me luv 8 legged pals, nuff said ^^

Azerane
September 3rd, 2006, 07:51 AM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
Hehe, this thread reminds me of a clip from one of my favourite TV shows...Red Dwarf. The part where Lister has a spider in his underpants xP

Here (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrh7gdv2eA) is the clip XD

Haha, yes!! That is a classic. I LOVE red dwarf! :D hehe...

And spiders bother me though I'm not completely freaked out by them. If I walk into a room and there's one there I have to get rid of it but I don't freak out :p I usually use the vaccuum cleaner to get rid of them because I don't much fancy squashing them, plush they're often in hard to reach places. However if I happen to lift up a piece of paper and a spider scurries out from underneath it (that happened on my desk) then it will scare me quite a bit, a lot from the shock of not knowing it was there.

But spiders are ok, when I was younger I used to be really frightened of them and every time I went to the toilet I had to check the ceiling above the door before I walked in and behind the door.

Hanshilo
September 19th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Nah I love spiders well all creatures, i won't kill em even if I hat earwigs, millipedes, and centipedes, *shivers* but i wouldn't harm em but I hate flies so every time there is a spider in my room at least it will catch those bloody flies... anyway peoples, your bed is also crawling with mites and stuff, your body is crawling with minute crawlies :P but I am sure everyone here knows all about this xD:evilgrin:

Azerane
September 20th, 2006, 12:25 AM
...talking of spiders... yesterday I was out doing a group field study assignment for my uni course and came across this really cool lookin spider... I'll link to the pic so people don't have to look at it if they don't want to ;) Cool spider (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Azerane/CoolSpider19-9-06.jpg)

This Land
September 20th, 2006, 06:42 AM
It has 7 legs :gasp:

Azerane
September 20th, 2006, 08:27 AM
You know... I didn't even notice that until you just pointed that out :p Hehe, maybe it lost one somewhere, hehe

Neola
September 20th, 2006, 12:00 PM
:confused:...
http://img172.imageshack.us/img172/9400/lrglc7.png
maybe a stunted one or something :p

Azerane
September 20th, 2006, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by Neola

See... I thought that was his other feeler thingy, it could be a stunted leg but then he'd only have one feeler :p hehe.. though it seems to be longer than the other feeler though that could be becuase it's curled under... but I dunno... it's a mystery

Tiikeri
September 20th, 2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by Neola
Hah, spacker spider xD

*cough* yeah that's nothing compared to this (http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/BirdEatingSpider.jpg) one, imagine that crawling across your ceiling!

Oh and that's totally my hand!

Amaryllis
September 20th, 2006, 03:44 PM
..i should have n?ver subscribed to this thread... ><

Neola
September 20th, 2006, 03:47 PM
That's so totally not your hand :lol:

And no-one forced you to read it, Amy :secret: :p

Amaryllis
September 20th, 2006, 03:48 PM
i know but i need to conquor (sp? ore however you spell that >.>) my fear xD

Tiikeri
September 20th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Conquer, and if you want to do that, come over to my house. There's spiders all over the place ;) I found one on my pillow last night...bloody bed hogger ?_?

King Simba
September 20th, 2006, 05:37 PM
Hah, spacker spider xD

*cough* yeah that's nothing compared to this (http://www.bugman123.com/Bugs/Photos/BirdEatingSpider.jpg) one, imagine that crawling across your ceiling!

Oh and that's totally my hand!
*Shudders* :cringe:

I've actually seen one similar to the size of that. A few years ago, while we were on holiday, I nearly stepped on one near to that size... I honestly thought it was a bleedin' mouse or something because of it's size.

And yeah Dani, same with my house, although there's usually more during the Summer months, and hardly any during the Winter. :p I can't even stay in the same room as a spider...if I see one, I usually go make a run for it and tell someone else in the house (who isn't afraid of spiders) to squish it. :evilgrin:

Hanshilo
September 21st, 2006, 08:13 PM
xD Amy i know how to conquer you fear just come over hear and face our flat spiders I'll hand one too you then i get the other 6 LMAO spiders are awsome, as long as they cathc the flies moths or other insects that annoy me I don't care...

Ciara
September 25th, 2006, 07:34 AM
I just got a pic of our spiders around here! ^^

This is like the smallest sized ones around this area of the country, as we say, we use to feed them down here :lol: This one is living outside my window in the corner, I can see it there sometimes, but when no one is there, the spider can be found in the house instead, so I guess it can be the same one. Else we got two! (tho I smashed one before when I closed the window <.<)

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/Lea%20Stoof/SmallSpider.jpg

Ps; this isn't one of those you have as pets, it's a spider straight from the wild nature outside

Amaryllis
September 25th, 2006, 02:12 PM
eeek! :eek: that's big enough for me xD we have spiders alot more smaller, but sometimes that size ore bigger... bahhhh....

Ciara
September 25th, 2006, 04:17 PM
well yea, they can be bigger too, this was probably just a kid :p

Stormfury
September 25th, 2006, 05:12 PM
Eeewww... More spider pic/s... See that rock over there... I hide under it now...

:bleen:

'Just kiddin'; there might be a spider under that rock also.. :cringe: :D

Ciara
September 25th, 2006, 06:19 PM
I think <3 spiders <3 are cool. And I actually dared to have the hand so close with a flashing camera without worry the little creepy thing would move against me xD

*pets it*

And if ya look at a close up pic of it, it looks kinda weird with the lightening mouth :O
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/Lea%20Stoof/closeup.jpg

Stormfury
September 26th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Tha's disgusting.

Ciara
September 26th, 2006, 09:35 AM
I know >.o

Amaryllis
September 26th, 2006, 02:04 PM
i dont know who scares me the most now, Ciara ore the spiders xD :lol:

Ciara
September 26th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Amaryllis
i dont know who scares me the most now, Ciara ore the spiders xD :lol:

*dresses up like a spider* :O

Guntur
September 26th, 2006, 03:15 PM
I like Spiders :cheese:
remind me of Janet Jackson music video too ;).

Ciara
September 26th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix
I like Spiders :cheese:

Yea another Spider luver ^^

Guntur
September 26th, 2006, 03:29 PM
except when they bite me with no reason XD.
I love something crawl over my body, Just don't give me scorpion.

I like your Signature Ciara: When Animal use the internet too much.

Ciara
September 26th, 2006, 03:31 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix
I love something crawl over my body

Dunno if I can agree on that.

I like your Signature Ciara: When Animal use the internet too much.

Tho I can agree on that :lol:

Kapasa
September 29th, 2006, 03:36 PM
G Personality 1:But its too risky, too risky!

G Personality 2:We could let HER do it. Yes precious she would, and then we takes it and we be the master!

That Shelob, giant spider thing, now that was one hairy scary spider!

Guntur
September 29th, 2006, 03:46 PM
I wish Shelob can keep as a pet though. XD.

la_reina
September 29th, 2006, 09:32 PM
Originally posted by Kapasa
G Personality 1:But its too risky, too risky!

G Personality 2:We could let HER do it. Yes precious she would, and then we takes it and we be the master!

That Shelob, giant spider thing, now that was one hairy scary spider!

:lol:
That, and Aragog, the spider in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets :cringe:

Tiikeri
October 4th, 2006, 07:52 PM
This one lives behind my radiator (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/dannyp1987/DSC00270.jpg)

Ciara
October 4th, 2006, 07:54 PM
nice one xD

Amaryllis
October 4th, 2006, 07:54 PM
those are the kind of spiders we sometimes have in our house. We had two of them upstairs in the hallway about 4 weeks ago. I sprayed them with my deodorant, mom's hairspray and other spray stuff just to freeze and gas them. Then my mom came to the idea to get the vacuum cleaner which i totally forgot -.-

King Simba
October 4th, 2006, 09:04 PM
This one lives behind my radiator (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/dannyp1987/DSC00270.jpg)
:cringe: Damn, I wouldn't like to be in your house right now. ;)

I remember spotting one of those type of spiders above the fireplace. In the end I just got my dad to throw his slipper at it, so it ended up falling behind the TV. It lived though, cause my mum spotted it on the marble fireplace some hours later, but she did squash it for real that time. :evilgrin: The thing obviously made it's home behind the TV in the corner.

Dyani
October 7th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Love spiders, got one as me background... its a beautiful speciemin. Spiders are glorious things, soooooooooooo lovely!! :D

I can understyand why people don't like them, but why kill them? Especially when they don't actually care about you being there, just trying to live. Who gave you the right to take the life of something that doesn't do you any harm, and all you get out of it is a relief that the thing is dead?!?! Sounds like nazi-thinking to me, *stamp out them nasty Jews, they're gonna multiply and nibble us out of the genepool* Makes no sense at all.

Kapasa
October 8th, 2006, 11:49 AM
The only famous spider I can think of is the one seen by Robert the Bruce. I think the story is that after having several defeats against the english, he hid in a hovel. There he wept asking God what to do next etc, about to give up his campaign. When he saw a spider attempt to spin a web, failing each time and falling...then starting from scrach all over agian. The spider eventually managed to spin the first strands of web across successfully. He took this as a sign to keep fighting/trying and I beleive he did so in the end.

It seems even spiders can influence history...Might just be a myth, but may have happened I dont know.

Amaryllis
October 8th, 2006, 01:33 PM
that's one hell of a story Kapasa. So it was Robert the Bruce? The one and only i know from the time of William Wallace?

Kapasa
October 8th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Yes thats the one, I got some of the story wrong he was in a cave and he had 6 defeats against the english and the spider had failed 6 times on the seventh the spider was successful. This can tell it better than I can.....Spider's Story (http://hazel.forest.net/whootie/stories/bruce_and_spider_scotland.html)

Tiikeri
October 8th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by Dyani
why kill them?
Because they're in my house and they weren't invited, death to all trespassers! And if you think I'm just gonna throw it outside then you've got another think coming....I aint touching those damn things.

Kimbai
October 8th, 2006, 04:34 PM
EDIT:^ That comment made me luagh. :lol: I wouldn't touch em either.

Don't you hate it when those things get in your bed? I saw this great sucker climbing up onto my bed. :cringe: Ugh...

And a even larger spider was crawling on the dinning room floor. My dog ate it though. :eww:

King Simba
October 8th, 2006, 04:40 PM
Because they're in my house and they weren't invited, death to all trespassers! And if you think I'm just gonna throw it outside then you've got another think coming....I aint touching those damn things.
:lol: Yeah, and if I do even attempt to touch one, I have to have a piece of tissue or a newspaper handy, cause there's no chance you'll find me grabbing hold of one in my bare hands. I usually just crush 'em in between the tissue anyways and flush them down the toilet afterwards.

Annnnd, I don't even bother with spiders that get up to a certain size... :cringe: I leave that to someone else.

@Kimbai: ...well haven't you ever had a lizard in your bed before? :evilgrin:

Kimbai
October 8th, 2006, 04:47 PM
@Kimbai: ...well haven't you ever had a lizard in your bed before?

No...But that wouldn't be as bad as a spider. Seriously.Lizards are cute.:cheese:

Another thing I hate is when the little thigns go fast.Annnnnddddd, jumping spiders. :gasp: :cringe: :eww: THE HORROR.They jump at you out of nowhere.

And I have had a really bad encounter with a spider before. i was walking in the kitchen. My friend was sitting at the table, drawing. I was going over to her, when a HUMUNGUS.UGLY.BLACK. SPIDER dropped from the cieling onto my head. I screamed my freaking head off.

Ciara
October 8th, 2006, 04:48 PM
I found one behind the door on the wall in the bathroom today. I think they're coming in through the jacuzzi, cause it's constantly big spiders in it Oo

Kimbai
October 8th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Oh, and did ya know tha Daddy Longlegs are poisones after all? It is just that their mouth is too small to accually bite us. Lucky us. So i don't feel bad now when my cousins pull their legs off and roll them down hills..

Dyani
October 8th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Oh come on guys! Unless they are poisenous AND are attacking you (for real, not that you are imagining it) there is no need to kill them AT ALL. EVERYTHING HAS A RIGHT TO LIFE! I hate it when people kill spiders just cos they are scared of them.
Man - OMG ITS A FRIGGIN SPIDER!!
Spider - *minding its own business, trying to find some juicy food crawling around*
Man - ITS COMING RIGHT TOWARDS ME!!! AAARGH ITS ATTCKING ME!!!
Spider - wtf is that huge thing???? O_o *runs away*
Man - DIE YOU BEASTIE FOR SCARING ME!!! *shoe*
Spider - *ish splattered*

Essh, see it from the spiders point of view!!!

oo and Kimbai? Please stop your cousins from torturing harmless creatures.. people who do that won't mind shooting lions for a joke.

Kimbai
October 8th, 2006, 06:26 PM
oo and Kimbai? Please stop your cousins from torturing harmless creatures.. people who do that won't mind shooting lions for a joke.

I really do understand what you are saying...but it is hard to not hate those things after so long of doing so. :eww: If they stayed out of my house, I wouldn't mind them as much and wouldn't bother with them....

Black Widows go squash :squash: though. Sorry, no deadly things allowed.

Dyani
October 8th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Thanks for seeing my side of the argument :D I do understand why some people fear them, its natural in a way.. if we lived like cavemen and I picked up a deadly spider and - on the off chance - it bit me, I'd be dead. So fair enough you fear them and wanna kill them.

Just a point though, who put that house there? What was their before? Most animals have to adapt to our parasitation and thats the way they've adapted. WE'VE invaded THEIR land technically. They as a species have been here longer than our houses.

Black Widows are adorable, but if one kills you, you're a dead bunny ^.^ so I can understand that... even if they do have the most beautiful colouration..

I love spiders :cheese:

Kapasa
October 9th, 2006, 05:01 PM
"but if one kills you, you're a dead bunny"

err... ok

I find flies much more irrating than spiders, I always try and skwish them. I wake screaming when then little blightler is buzzing in my ear.

Besides if ya kill the spiders, you'll hav loads of flies and they're much worse. If your gonna try and argue that flies hav a right to live and soo on.... well i dont agree, sorry.

Dyani
October 10th, 2006, 09:58 AM
weeelll... yeah flies are annoying, as are mossies... I gave up on them years back :p so squish :squash: away!

Ciara
October 10th, 2006, 07:33 PM
I walked into a web today :O When I was about to sit down in the car I felt something in the way in the door opening (tho we all know how it feels like to walk into a web x) or not ... ? Well I do ...) Then I had to look for a spider for a while (so it wouldn't crawl on me, since they're so big here Oo) but I didn't find it, so I think my car spider still lives in there (yes it has been living in there for weeks now x)

Kimbai
October 10th, 2006, 08:36 PM
Imagine if you are drivng, and all of a sudden that things lands on your head. :gasp: :cringe: DUN DUN DUN

Ciara
October 10th, 2006, 08:38 PM
well I wouldn't freak out, as some of us might have done :p I'd be surprised for a microsecond, but then whipe it away ... x)

Kimbai
October 10th, 2006, 08:44 PM
Dude, you are immune or something! I would (coughdidcough) freak out. Having all those nasty legs dangling infront of your face...At least wit meh..

XD

Ciara
October 10th, 2006, 08:47 PM
yup Dude, I'm immune, thankfully :p However its 'nasty' legs wouldn't been dangling in front of my eyes exactly :p

Kimbai
October 10th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Well, it did me. A spider landed on my head, (on the forhead really) and its legs where in my face and everything...

Oye. I gotta stop thinking about those things..DX

Hanshilo
October 25th, 2006, 06:49 AM
I feel like sharing a Camel spider with you ^^ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMhILe_c18A

and some info on the little blighters ^^ enjoy
http://www.camelspiders.net/

Kalahari
October 25th, 2006, 07:27 AM
When I was about three or four we saw this HUGE spider crawing across the floor. My brother stepped on it and millions of little spiders come crawling out. My other brother jumps in and it looks like they are doing the Mexican Hat Dance while my mother and I are screaming.