PDA

View Full Version : Brother Bear 2

lyonesse
August 31st, 2006, 01:09 AM
I just got it on DVD so I don't know how many people have it yet but I was wondering what you thought of it. I liked it!

Kimbai
August 31st, 2006, 01:13 AM
I didnt get it yet. I am unhappy that they did this. I was hoping they wouldnt ruin the movie! But they made a second one. I probably will not get it. But I am interested: How was it? What exactly was it about? (dont give anything away, cuz I Might ge it.)

lyonesse
August 31st, 2006, 01:22 AM
I thought it was pretty good. There were alot of funny moments. It begins just as they wake up from hibernation. It shows a friend that Kenai made when he was a kid and it also shows her as an adult. It all has to do with a special bond they made as kids and now she can't marry anyone because of this. I don't know what else to say cuz I don't want to accidently give to much away!

Kimbai
August 31st, 2006, 01:23 AM
So basically they are in love, right? :cheese:

lyonesse
August 31st, 2006, 01:26 AM
Not really. She was about to marry someone but the spirits wouldn't allow it because of this bond. The bond was created when Kenai gave her a necklace when they were kids. The only way to break this bond so that she could get married was by burning the necklace.

Kimbai
August 31st, 2006, 01:34 AM
I see. Okay. Thank you. I bet it wanst as good as the first though :alone:

lyonesse
August 31st, 2006, 01:47 AM
No, it wasn't!

Kimbai
August 31st, 2006, 01:56 AM
Knew i. That is how they ruin the first ones...

lyonesse
August 31st, 2006, 03:31 AM
It didn't really ruin it, but it wasn't as good as the other one.

la_reina
August 31st, 2006, 07:12 AM
Yeah, Disney sequels are always ruining the originals.

KanuTGL
September 1st, 2006, 07:46 PM
Lame.

That'd be my best word for it.
The animation was still great, and I really liked the songs. But the plot was just... lame :nukawha: And I was really disappointed in the soundtrack, it sounded like re-written versions of the original :\

The story didn't need this. Really.

Kimbai
September 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM
Geez. I hate it. They ruined the story. And I belive you when you say it didn't need the it. I just don't understand why they can't just leave the movies alone and just focus on completely new stories.

KanuTGL
September 1st, 2006, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by Kimbai
I just don't understand why they can't just leave the movies alone and just focus on completely new stories.

Neither do I... :rolleyes:

Kovu The Lion
September 1st, 2006, 08:37 PM
I got the DVD today, but meh, Wasn't good as the first to be honest.

Shadow
September 1st, 2006, 09:02 PM
its ok....

"not as close as the qualety in TLK 2..."

this feels like "lets make a siqual to milk the story more"

and i bught it just becuse of it the movie was way to predictabul....but it was ok.."huge fan of BB 1"

Kovu The Lion
September 2nd, 2006, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by shadow
and i bught it just becuse of it the movie was way to predictabul....but it was ok.."huge fan of BB 1"

Yeap, I knew what would happen right in the begining, It was almost obvious that things would happen the way they were. It's like 'HOLY CRAP LETS HINT THE AUDIENCE'

but it does have its good moments I guess..

~KtL

LunarCat
September 3rd, 2006, 08:52 PM
saw it last night, i thought it was cute. :D not to mention that McDreamy(=hotness) was Kenai(McDreamy=Patrick Dempsey for those of you who are not acdquainted with the fabulousness of Grey's Anatomy) course he doesn't really have a bear voice, but whatever it worked.

yeah it's predictable, but aren't all movies?

Kimbai
September 3rd, 2006, 10:10 PM
Nope. Not all. "Hide and Seek" wasn't. ;)

Stormfury
September 6th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Well... it was an O.K. film. I'm not overrly impressed or anything, but it had its homogeneity to a standard Disney attribute.

=)

starionwolf
September 8th, 2006, 04:52 AM
I am also wondering how Brother Bear 2 is. It sounds like a decent sequel that is good, but not great.

Thanks for the comments everyone.

Scout The Playful Cub
September 10th, 2006, 12:33 PM
I loved this movie. As far as DTV"S go this is one of the best IMO.

starlioness
September 11th, 2006, 02:26 AM
for a lousy movie , it sure is popular at my grocery store, it keeps getting rented out before I get to see it .

King Mufasa
September 12th, 2006, 07:39 PM
The first one was good, but i'll probably just pass on this one... Not very interested. And from what some of you have said it wasn't very good.

Rutt
November 14th, 2006, 02:03 PM
I like it somehow. It's not as good as the first movie but I didn't find it bad..

Noodle
November 14th, 2006, 02:54 PM
Gah. I gotta remember to rent it out sometime soon. I liked the first one pretty much.

Sharifu
January 20th, 2007, 05:19 AM
I thought this movie was pretty good for a DTV sequel. Of course not anything like the first, but I still liked it. I know I'll watch it again sometime.

Anyango
January 20th, 2007, 11:34 PM
This one was pretty good. It's not my favorite, but it's still really good. I enjoyed the girl actually being addedin there. I thought her character design was very pretty. ^^ Though it would've been nice if they had maybe done a slightly different coloring for her other form

Sadiki
February 10th, 2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Ronno Fanatic
I thought Bambi 2 was terrible! It wasn't even a sequel! I SOOOOO can't wait for disney to make a movie about Bambi's fawns!!!

umm.. this is a thread about Brother bear not Bambi 2, it might have been that you made a typo or than you took it in wrong thread ;)

Ronno Fanatic
February 10th, 2007, 10:16 PM
I'm surprised that disney bucked their new midquel trend when they made this. I for one am glad, though, disney midquels are getting to be a real thorn in the side.:eww: