PDA

View Full Version : Do you think Disney will make a new Lion King movie?

lyonesse
August 29th, 2006, 05:55 PM
Do you think Disney will make a new Lion King movie?

Simba Marasa
August 29th, 2006, 05:55 PM
only if they let me do it

Shadow
August 29th, 2006, 06:02 PM
nope they "milked" tlk and its desided that they will stick it as a trilogry

"the only resun the would make an other would be if they made one of mufasa and scars cubhood"

MehndiX
August 29th, 2006, 06:10 PM
I'd prefer they put "The Circle of Life" film from Epcot Center on DVD before they would make anything else ; p

Neola
August 29th, 2006, 06:57 PM
I really really REALLY don't think so...

Kapasa
August 29th, 2006, 08:51 PM
I would'nt count on there being another lion king film. It looks very unlikely to me.

This Land
August 29th, 2006, 09:20 PM
who says it would be lion king ;)

Disney could make a film on lions compelty unrelated to TLK :D

Dare
August 29th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by This land
who says it would be lion king ;)

Disney could make a film on lions compelty unrelated to TLK :D

I doubt they would though, unless you count the monstrosity that is "The Wild".

Eh, the odds of them making yet another TLK movie are next to none. Disney's going to cut back on the sequel vomit methinks...and it's about time too.

This Land
August 29th, 2006, 10:00 PM
yeah, disney wont do sequels

what about Prequels ;) :P

HasiraKali
August 29th, 2006, 10:15 PM
Iger said no more sequels or anything based off other movies once the stuff they have already in production (Brother Bear II, Tinkerbell, and any others) are released. I think it's a blessing. I really don't want another TLK movie. I didn't really like SP and I liked 1.5 as a fun "let's not take ourselves too seriously" thing. Leave it as it is. Maybe release the stage show and the other adaptations. That would be nice. :lol: But it's not going to happen. :(

TX-101
August 29th, 2006, 10:51 PM
I don't think so. But about Mufasa and Taka's cubhood would be great.
... After all, who knows what are they up to...

Tiikeri
August 29th, 2006, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
I doubt they would though, unless you count the monstrosity that is "The Wild".
I liked The Wild (hence my banner), I thought it was well animated and even if the storyline was a little worn it was still a good movie to watch, I am looking forward to it's DVD release.

As for another TLK style movie, it's very unlikely.

Darkslash
August 29th, 2006, 11:51 PM
I'd give it a 5% chance of happening.

White Wagtail
August 30th, 2006, 09:21 AM
I don't think Disney will make any more TLK sequels/prequels.
I want original TLK filmmakers to make a sequel (or prequel), though I'm sure that will never happen...

Instead, I'd be happy if Disney (or Dreamworks) would make a new epic-scale film starring wild animals,
like TLK, Brother Bear and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron,
with hand-drawn animation and beautiful background and music by Hans Zimmer or somebody :D

nathalie
August 30th, 2006, 09:30 AM
I hope not.

But if they do, PLEASE let it be made by the department that makes the Classics.

But in the end, I hope not.
It's taking the "magic" away from the first one then, I think.

Stormfury
August 30th, 2006, 09:43 AM
I would like to see one more.

Sharifu
August 31st, 2006, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by White Wagtail
Instead, I'd be happy if Disney (or Dreamworks) would make a new epic-scale film starring wild animals,
like TLK, Brother Bear and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron,
with hand-drawn animation and beautiful background and music by Hans Zimmer or somebody :D

I agree with that!!! :cheese:

I sure do miss 2-D animated films... And I mean GOOD ones... Feature film quality, worthy of being released in the theaters... *sigh* :(

Mizani
August 31st, 2006, 12:22 PM
Well if they made a sequel to SP, then Simba would be getting rather old. I don't think Kiara would play a very big part, Kovu would take most of the typical Simba lines, and Simba would say something wise and soppy at the end to make him seem like Mufasa. Plus, who knows what kind of plot it would have.

But yeah, while a prequel does sound kind of cool, I think its nice to leave a little to the imagination.

In Short: No.

Daniel
August 31st, 2006, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
I agree with that!!! :cheese:

well, how's this for an epic idea?

everyone who wants to can chip in and try to make an animated short. people can write the script and others could animate, others do voices etc...

sure, it would take a heck of a lot of work, but surely it would be worth it if it worked :D

Neola
August 31st, 2006, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Daniel
a heck of a lot of work
exactly:eww:

But yeah, the idea's cool actually...though, I don't think someone could actually animate a whole movie...maybe a filmlet could work though :hmm:
Well, I'd surely be up for it :lol:

Atimon
August 31st, 2006, 05:11 PM
I really really hope not. It's enough. <.<'

SP was OK, but you can chase me with TLK 1.5 - but I guess there are two opinions about this sequel in the fandom, either you like it or you don't like it at all. xD

Anyway, I think Disney really should learn to do a good movie again, before doing another TLK movie. But that's only my opinion.

King Mufasa
September 12th, 2006, 07:47 PM
Even thoguh it may not happen and probably won't i still have hopes that someday maybe another Lion King will be made, a prequel woudl be great, i don't know how they would continue the story forward from where it is now, but they coudl always do a interesting prequel with Mufasa and Scar, i'd enjoy watching that since Mufase is my favorite character.

Ciara
September 12th, 2006, 08:38 PM
They better not to :grrr:

KanuTGL
September 13th, 2006, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?

Couldn't agree more to that. I really really don't want another sequel to it. Or a prequel either for that matter... >.>

Kiara Serengeti
September 21st, 2006, 02:46 AM
No I don't think they'll do another TLK movie.

Kovu The Lion
September 21st, 2006, 02:57 AM
I think they wouldn't, For whatever they tried to make or create someone has probably already wrote and copyrighted, and if Disney made it a movie they could probably be sued,

But thats my idea on why they aren't lol

Guntur
September 21st, 2006, 11:37 AM
I think "Trilogy" is enough, if they manage to make a good story line and a good animator of 2-D I'll be happy to watch a 15 minutes preview.

Nephilim
September 21st, 2006, 07:03 PM
So, um, I heard there was a dead horse laying around somewhere. Anyone got a stick? :/

Kopa
September 23rd, 2006, 08:21 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
So, um, I heard there was a dead horse laying around somewhere. Anyone got a stick? :/

Anyway I hope they don't make another TLK film. :eww:

King Simba
September 23rd, 2006, 08:24 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
Yeah, I mean, really...

I'm still saying "no", and to be honest, if they did happen to make another Lion King movie, I doubt it'd follow the story plot from the second movie very well, let alone the original.

I honestly couldn't care less if they made another movie or not, although I don't think they would make another one, it's just very, very unlikely.

Kiara Serengeti
September 23rd, 2006, 09:30 PM
It's just not feasible. It just wouldn't draw that much interest. CG has taken over the world. *weeps*. CG is good but...classic animation rules. They ought to make an original film (minus any princesses or lions or experiments from space :p ).

Sadiki
December 6th, 2006, 12:59 PM
I tried to find the first thread we had of this subject when this showed up today but I couldn't.. anyways even in first thread we had I think there was information that they aren't working or considering of makeing another TLK movie.. it most likely going to stay as a trilogy.

Sharifu
December 6th, 2006, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim

Originally posted by Kopa

Kopa, you've never heard of the expression, "beating a dead horse"?

Kimbai
December 7th, 2006, 12:38 AM
Not much more to do. TLK is basically dried up of all plots. If they made more, they would be just milking it.

red_lion
December 8th, 2006, 03:47 PM
i think they willn't!!
but it will be great when they make!!!!:):)
or?...?**

Cova_Lioness
December 21st, 2006, 06:47 AM
Hmm i have reason to believe they will....

http://www.ultimatedisney.com/moirakelly-interview.html

Here is an interview with the voice of Nala

Now a friend told me she said shed agredd to do a fourth..even a fith! lion king...

Ill be honest i havent got the concentration to read it all ^^ can someone verify if she actually says this?

DarkPaw
December 23rd, 2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, here's a bit from the interview:

A lot of times an original cast will be reluctant to return for a sequel, whether it's animated or live-action, but that wasn't the case for The Lion King. Most of the original cast returned for the sequels. When Disney decided to go forward with those, were you immediately on board?

M. Kelly: Absolutely. Oh yeah. They came right to me and I said, "Sure, you wanna do a third, fourth, fifth? I'm right there," although I think all of us are going to be very old. But yeah, oh, I was very excited. Very excited.

Cova_Lioness
December 23rd, 2006, 10:47 PM
Ohhh juicy...thank you! DarkPaw :D

DarkPaw
December 24th, 2006, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by Cova_Lioness
Ohhh juicy...thank you! DarkPaw :D

Yeppers! :cheese:

I really wouldn't want them to make another film, personally. If they were ever to do so, however, I'd want it to be a backstory of Mufasa, Scar, and crew...But considering A) The general, unobsessed public doesn't give a flying noodle about 'Mustafa' and 'Simba's mom,' and B) Madge Sinclair is deceased, it ain't gonna' happen.

No one can nail that voice of hers...

Anywho, I'd love to try and see that show just for Moira Kelly. It's like watching those old Home Improvements for young JTT.=D

DarkPaw
December 24th, 2006, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Sellian
It'd start out with them being young, though?

It's an interesting thought. But you're right, no one could get that voice for Serabi the same.

Yeah, that's what I'd always hoped for after I got involved in the internet Lion King community. I'd love to see something like that, but it's probably a crazy fantasy for someone who spends too much time thinking about lions. :evilgrin:

Cova_Lioness
December 24th, 2006, 12:50 AM
[i]. I'd love to see something like that, but it's probably a crazy fantasy for someone who spends too much time thinking about lions. :evilgrin: [/B]

Nope...not just you, trust me :fini: ^^

DarkPaw
December 24th, 2006, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by Cova_Lioness
Nope...not just you, trust me :fini: ^^

It really is good to know...I want my traditional animation!

Tojo
March 27th, 2007, 03:22 PM
If they did make another movie, which I highly doubt, it would be fun if it featured the more unknown characters like Kopa, Tojo, Ni and so on...

Maybe some really big threat came to their land and the lions of Pride Rock, lead by prince Kovu,
teams up with other tribes (which the other charries would be members of) to fight it.

I for one would like to see that. :irule: :jejeje:
But Disney's not gonna go out of their way to make a movie just for me, so... :p

imported_kiara
March 27th, 2007, 07:49 PM
sounds more like my Fanfic, I'll send it to Disney as a cast to work after :diva: Tho, I think they have to remove all that violent and stuff parts x)

Ronno Fanatic
April 5th, 2007, 01:24 AM
As disney is currently going through their midquel-life crisis, I'd say no.