PDA

View Full Version : Musical I met the Dutch TLKoB cast today

nathalie
August 25th, 2006, 08:18 PM
*yay*

A meeting with cast + backstage was arranged by the admin of the Caroline fan forum (Carolina is the Dutch adult Nala).

I woke up at 8, got on-line, and totally forgot time, haha.
So at 10.30 I realised what the time really was, went off-line, had to eat, wash hair, change clothes, go to the bank and post, find stuff to get autographs on ^_^
I had my CD though, but I forgot it o_O

It quickly was 11.15, and I hadn't done all the things I should have, so panic ...

11.15 became 11.30 and my train would leave at 11.50 (across the street).
But I still needed a ticket.
Our station isn't one of the bigger ones, and I sended Bart to get the ticket.
No ticket ... only in the bigger stations *gasp*
(can't get international train tickets in the smaller stations)

And also, Bart had to leave for work at 11.50

Rushed into the car, I quickly putted in my camera, phone, wallet, and the first thing I could grab, my Diddl block ^_^ (which I actually bought to take with me, haha) and so I totally forgot my CD.
I wanted Carolina to sign it, since it has a picture of her on the cover.

So rushed to the car, and had to drive to the next city where a bigger station is.
And where that same train would leave, but at 11.58

I barely made it ... luckely there were no people in front of me at the ticket office.

Soooo, *sitting on the train for 2 hours* finally arriving in Den Haag at 14.00
Where someone from the Dutch Disney forum was waiting for me to pick me up.
We went up to the place where the theater was, like 45 minutes early, hehe.
I took some pics of the pics that were hanging outside.

I didn't really took much pictures though, from the cast meeting, I have like 5.

16.00 and the doors open.
We were in group 1 so the first to visit the cast.
We were in this small room (little too small in my opinion), and the cast walks in.
All these musical fans going in front, hehe.
And me and the people I was with, weren't really musical fans, but more Disney fans, so we stoud at the back.

Then, you could just walk around the room to meet the cast.
I think they'd better putted them all at a table or something, so everyone could walk by them and really had the chance to meet them all.

It was a little chaos actually now.
Actors spread throughout the room ...

I did meet a few, 2 Simba's :p
1 of them posed for me so I could take a pic, hehe.

And I got 7 autographs.

But while we were all walking around in the room, some of the ensemble walked in, and started to sing African things and banging on drums and all, so we could barely ask the actors things, 'cause we just couldn't hear because of the "noise" the ensemble was making.

They were all soooooo nice, too nice, haha, so sweet ... ^_^

And because of the little chaos, I didn't get to meet all of them :(

Carolina, I met very quickly when we actually had to move along for the backstage tour, so I couldn't really talk to her, and I couldn't ask for an autograph anymore Zaya :(

The backstage tour was only behind the stage, hehe.
Like, where the things pop out on the stage, the masks, costumes, dressing rooms behind the stage, stuff like that.
(couldn't take any pics there).

The pics I did take, I'll post those tomorrow, very tired ...
Even though, there are only 5 or 7, haha, all that editing *blegh* haha

At 19.05 I had my train back, and was home at 21.00

That was my day =D

imported_Rafiki
August 25th, 2006, 10:01 PM
=D Awesome! Lucky you! What a day!

Can you show us the pics you took?

nathalie
August 25th, 2006, 10:02 PM
I uploaded them, but my album isn't approved yet *grrr*.

I only have 4 cast pics, haha, 2 x Simba (different ones), 1 x Nala and 1 x Mufasa, and some pics from outside the theater.

HasiraKali
August 25th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Nath is so lucky! :D Which Simbas did you meet?

Zaya
August 26th, 2006, 07:27 AM
Nath, you lucky thing you! You know I'd kill to be there with you...but oh well...guess we all have just one chance to meet Simba boys and I "burned" mine already ;)

You need to tell us everything bout the meeting, what did they say, what did you see! :lol:

nathalie
August 26th, 2006, 08:13 AM
I met Marcel and Clayton as Simba, Joeri wasn't there :(

With Marcel, I told him about our little website, that we putted all Simba's on 1 site and all, and that I'd love to take a picture of him alone, so we could put it up there, and he was like: omg, that is so cool, wauw ... *walks to the wall and poses*
http://images.fotopic.net/yxr0w2.jpg

The only "good" one I could take from Carolina (Nala).
http://images.fotopic.net/yxr0v0.jpg

People were asking her for pictures, and she was like: oooh, again pictures ? (lol)

Mufasa
http://images.fotopic.net/yxr0w5.jpg

And Clayton (Simba)
http://images.fotopic.net/yxr0vz.jpg

Like I said, I didn't take much pictures, it all went soooo fast ... :(

And if someone wants, a few pics from outside of the theater.
http://moorhunhe.fotopic.net

nathalie
August 26th, 2006, 08:35 AM
+ a free shoulder bag ^_^

I think you could get those any time you went to see the show

I was just about to ask if they costed something, 'cause I wanted to take at least 1 thing home, haha, and then she pushed it into my hands.

Zaya
August 26th, 2006, 08:40 AM
Awwww, cute, well you didn't come epmty handed...haha...pics are lookin great, we miss some Nathalie, but we didn't expect her to be on them anyway hehe :D

Nice bag...nice Marcel...hummm...nice Clayton also hahahaha ;)

I bet Carolina is a bit tired of posing already...she must be all excited about finally ending the show :D

nathalie
August 26th, 2006, 08:45 AM
Oooh, I'll bet there'll be tears tomorrow :)

You couldn't see it on my pics, but the Beauty and the Beast poster is already hanging underneath all Lion King posters, they changed it last week, so Sunday evening they can immidiatly change it.

And then, up to Paris.

It's that I don't speak French ... haha

HasiraKali
August 27th, 2006, 03:33 AM
Awesome! A Simba boy knows about our site. :D Sweet. :lol: And Nath has Wallace in her siggy... ;) I shall get nothing done now.

Lion_King_300
August 27th, 2006, 06:21 AM
What an awesome experience Nath, I'm so happy for you! :)

Sounds like you had a great time, and it also seems like they treat the Lion King stars over there a lot better than they do in the U.S... the traveling shows never have an advertised time to "meet the cast" and get autographs, (except the opening night after party, but you need tickets for that even) lbut that's good to see that the musical is being received so well over there. Lucky you!

nathalie
August 27th, 2006, 07:44 AM
Over there you don't really get to meet the cast eather, unless you go backstage, or to the cafe were they mostly eat before the shows.

This was a totally set up meeting, because tonight is the very last show :(
And they wanted to give something to the actors for bringing joy to the people for 3 years.
(a huge cake by the way, and a rose for every player)

This Land
August 27th, 2006, 03:34 PM
great to see you had a awsome time nath :D