PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite store?

KiarasBiggestFan
October 25th, 2013, 04:34 PM
I'm just curious. Mine are Target and Fleet Farm. I'm not sure if they have Fleet Farm in other states, but it's a really cool store. you can buy animal feed and stuff there, but you can also buy candy, dvds and cooking supplies. So to me it's like a giant Target.

HasiraKali
October 25th, 2013, 10:47 PM
The Dollar Tree. Followed by Target. But Dollar Tree is my favorite. :lol:

cleargreenwater
October 25th, 2013, 11:59 PM
Lately I'd have to say CVS, I've been burning up their "Extra Bucks" promos and have gotten nearly $30 of stuff free. On a roll!

Other than that, I don't know if I really have a favorite store :-/ They all have their perks and drawbacks and many days I'm not in a mood for any of them :lol:

Sombolia
October 26th, 2013, 12:29 AM
I do a lot of shopping at the 99 Cent Store & Dollar Tree, because they're cheap and easily accessible by bike :lol: And CVS too, because of their Extra Bucks promos like CGW said.

But as for where I really like shopping: Amoeba (regional record store here in California... or any record store, really!), thrift shops, book stores, Hot Topic (sometimes they have gems!), comic shops... those are all places I end up spending a lot of unnecessary money, haha :)

KanuTGL
October 26th, 2013, 11:13 PM
Well... Disney Store :lol: Otherwise for general shopping... I guess ICA :idiot: They're one of the main supermarket companies in Sweden. There are two of them close to where I live, so if I need anything, that's where I go xD

Sombolia
October 27th, 2013, 05:57 AM
Oh, how could I forget the Disney Store! :D So many cute things in there, and now that they carry Marvel stuff too, it's double the temptation for me :lol:

ThiagoPE
October 27th, 2013, 01:12 PM
here the stores are so terrible, that there is no space to like them: Always high prices and huge people lines to pay

Azerane
October 27th, 2013, 02:39 PM
I can't say I have a favourite store as I don't really like shopping. I have preferred stores for where I like to get certain things, like hay for Bandit, or my green groceries etc, but that's about it.

XoX
August 13th, 2016, 06:23 PM
The Dollar Tree. Followed by Target. But Dollar Tree is my favorite. :lol:

I do a lot of shopping at the 99 Cent Store & Dollar Tree, because they're cheap and easily accessible by bike :lol: And CVS too, because of their Extra Bucks promos like CGW said.

Dollar tree <3
I like Dollar Tree because everything's a dollar, they've got lots of food-related items (XXL Burrito, anyone? >p< ), and they get new items like every week :D
We didn't have any equivalent where I came from, so it blew my mind to see so many cheap things!

After that I'd say Walmart, because it's so huge! We've got a Walmart supercenter about 5 minutes away, and it has a ton of things!
Also, ordering online, and paying cash in-store is really neat and convenient!
I could spend hours in there, and not get bored at all :haha:

Other than that, I like just about any store, really!
I adore shopping, and I like going to new places and seeing new things, so yeah :p

HasiraKali
August 14th, 2016, 12:18 AM
Dollar Tree is no longer my favorite store. It's top 5, but my very favorite store is Five Below.

XoX
August 14th, 2016, 02:28 AM
Dollar Tree is no longer my favorite store. It's top 5, but my very favorite store is Five Below.

Aww :(

The nearest Five Below is 90 miles to, and another 90 from...
(That's about 290 km in total, for the rest of the world.)

Why do you like it more than dollar tree, though, if I may ask? :p

nathalie
August 14th, 2016, 06:27 AM
Having visited a few countries, I have favorites everywhere.

UK: Asda, poundland
US: five below, target, walmart
France: Auchan

Vidan
August 15th, 2016, 04:02 AM
For me, it's gotta be Wegmans, a chain of Walmart or Target-sized grocery stores in the northeastern US -- that is, a huge store with mostly all food! To give you an idea of scale, the cheese section of the one I used to go to was larger than most grocery store produce sections.

KanuTGL
August 15th, 2016, 08:25 AM
It sounds like stores generally are a lot bigger where you all are from xD What's Five Below?

I'd like to add Primark to my list of favourites. So many nice clothes at such nice prices :D Also a chain of stores here in Sweden called "Indiska" that has a lot of very nice clothes. It's a bit more expensive though. And I found a gorgeous art shop in my town just a couple of weeks ago. After four years of living here I discovered it at last... :lol: Gonna be spending a bit in there once I have the money, haha. So yeah, shopping for Disney stuff, clothes and markers/sketchpads/pencils is what I like to do, clearly :p

XoX
August 15th, 2016, 01:16 PM
For me, it's gotta be Wegmans, a chain of Walmart or Target-sized grocery stores in the northeastern US -- that is, a huge store with mostly all food! To give you an idea of scale, the cheese section of the one I used to go to was larger than most grocery store produce sections.
I demand proof of this elusive cheese section! :p

It sounds like stores generally are a lot bigger where you all are from xD What's Five Below?

I'd like to add Primark to my list of favourites. So many nice clothes at such nice prices :D Also a chain of stores here in Sweden called "Indiska" that has a lot of very nice clothes. It's a bit more expensive though. And I found a gorgeous art shop in my town just a couple of weeks ago. After four years of living here I discovered it at last... :lol: Gonna be spending a bit in there once I have the money, haha. So yeah, shopping for Disney stuff, clothes and markers/sketchpads/pencils is what I like to do, clearly :p

According to Google: "Five Below is an American publicly held chain of discount stores that sells products that cost up to $5. The chain is aimed at teens and pre-teens, but has many adult products as well."
Sadly, I can't provide more information since there's none close to me ;~;

Oh yeah! Before moving, I bought most of my clothes from Primark. (Now I get them from Walmart >p< )

I don't think I've ever been to an art shop, other than in Paris... :<

Add some food to that list, and you've got me covered! :p

HasiraKali
August 15th, 2016, 11:43 PM
What's Five Below?

An amazing shop where everything is below five dollars. They also have the best nail polish ever. :P

Aww :(

The nearest Five Below is 90 miles to, and another 90 from...
(That's about 290 km in total, for the rest of the world.)

Why do you like it more than dollar tree, though, if I may ask? :p

The merchandise is much better quality for one thing. There are some things that I'll only get at Dollar Tree of course, but Five Below is better for a lot of things. But like... I can't get $4 lava lamps at Dollar Tree.

nathalie
August 17th, 2016, 06:27 PM
I'd like to add Primark to my list of favourites.

Oh, Primark, yes! Lots of Disney and Lion King shirts / PJ's at Primark :D

XoX
August 18th, 2016, 12:03 AM
Oh, Primark, yes! Lots of Disney and Lion King shirts / PJ's at Primark :D
Oh really? :o
I'd never noticed that...

Shame, since the nearest Primark is about 400 miles away, now ;~;

I should pay extra attention next time I go to Walmart, to see if they've got any Lion King merchandise anymore. I mean, they should, with The Lion Guard... >p>

HasiraKali
August 18th, 2016, 03:11 AM
THey have a few things for littles. Dollar Tree actually had a bunch of puzzles last I was there. I got a few for my games box at school.

nathalie
August 18th, 2016, 03:45 AM
Oh really? :o
I'd never noticed that...

Shame, since the nearest Primark is about 400 miles away, now ;~;

I should pay extra attention next time I go to Walmart, to see if they've got any Lion King merchandise anymore. I mean, they should, with The Lion Guard... >p>

They mainly get a lot of Lion King pyjama's actually.
There's 4 in Belgium right now, but that's no garantuee you'll find what you're looking for in any of them. That's the annoying part of Primark -_-

XoX
August 21st, 2016, 03:52 PM
They mainly get a lot of Lion King pyjama's actually.
There's 4 in Belgium right now, but that's no garantuee you'll find what you're looking for in any of them. That's the annoying part of Primark -_-

Heh, I went to the opening of a Primark (in Brussels, I think.) and the only bothersome thing was that you couldn't even get in the store :haha:
It was way too overcrowded, and there was like a mile-long queue. Looked more like New York City, rather than quaint Brussels.
We were in there for a brief moment, before deciding that you can't shop very well if you're constantly pressed up against 5 strangers, so we left.
Although I spent a lot of of time in a Primark in London, got some of my favourite shirts from there ^-^

But that aside; I've never really used pajamas, but considering winter will probably be very cold, I'll have to prepare :p

nathalie
August 21st, 2016, 05:50 PM
Where on earth are you from ?? haha

I hate Primark Brussels. The people there are disquisting. I'm sorry ... (or not). Kudo's to the people who work there!
Last time we wanted to check Primark Brussels there was an hour wait-line, and Adam said "by the time you get in, you've gone up a size" made me roll over the floor, haha :lol:

Vidan
August 28th, 2016, 07:51 PM
I demand proof of this elusive cheese section! :p

Best picture I can find is from the one in Malvern, PA on this blog: https://sewwhatsarahs.wordpress.com/2010/07/21/im-in-love/

I believe the one I went to was in Collegeville and was even bigger :o

HasiraKali
August 28th, 2016, 07:55 PM
That looks a lot like the Whole Foods we have here. They have the little $3 and under cheese remnants. Cranberry cheddar should be out soon. NOM nom nom.

Vidan
August 28th, 2016, 08:09 PM
They have the little $3 and under cheese remnants.

The only fancy cheese we mere mortals can afford! XD Well, two of my roommates work for Whole Foods and they can get cheese that's about to go past date for super cheap. I'm not always that impressed by expensive cheesem, but I'll be that heretic and say I'm not really a huge fan of cheese in general, which is why the idea of a huge cheese section is all the more amusing to me.

Littlefoot
April 22nd, 2018, 06:43 AM
Amazon, Trader Joe's and Dollar Tree for me.