PDA

View Full Version : London Mk2: November / December 2006 (TLKoB Show Too)

Daniel
August 5th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Well, after the sucess of the August meeting (aminly down to me and my alter-ego Cpt. Coobe, but lets not go there) me and nathalie thought it would be a good idea to see if people wanted to meet up sometie towards the end of this year.

Obviously, no dates have been finalised, but it's sometime in the November/December period. Plus we'll be seeing the show again (thanks nathalie :p)

So, me and nathalie are down as Maybe's, so, who else?

PEEPS:
1) Daniel ? --> Weekends / Christmas Hols for school (havnt got dates yet) (No Show)
2) Nathalie ? --> November / December
3) This Land
4) Zaya ? --> early November / late December
5) Bart ? --> November / December
6) LKS
7) Lucy ? --> early November / December after the 10th
8) King Simba ?
9) Tiikeri ? --> 20/12 - 3/1 --> no show ?
10) TX-101 ?
11) Tom ? --> no show ?

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 06:19 PM
TL, Zaya, and probably Bart

And don't forget, TLKoB included :cheese:

Daniel
August 5th, 2006, 06:22 PM
it's all fixed boss :ayecapn: :p

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 06:58 PM
I'll sit down with Bart tomorrow and discuss about it, if we could actually make it again with the money and all.

But now I don't have any classes anymore, so that's 100 ? a month I can really save up now.

Monai
August 5th, 2006, 07:31 PM
I don't think I'd be allowed to :-( But I can always ask, and I do want to meet up with you guys. I'm assuming there's going to be a meet-up sometime in 2007, as well?

Daniel
August 5th, 2006, 07:32 PM
with any luck, same time net year monai :)

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Yeah, definatly next year ... this thing was just an impulse, hehe

Monai
August 5th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Ah, okay then. Sounds cool. I might try and get down to London, although I can't promise anything ;)

Neola
August 5th, 2006, 08:22 PM
Yeah, August 2007 MIGHT be a possibility for me too...the chances are not too high but MAYbe...:curious:

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 08:23 PM
We'll be making a thread sometime soon for August 2007 ^_^

Lion King Stu
August 5th, 2006, 08:28 PM
Put me down on the list ^^

Daniel
August 5th, 2006, 08:28 PM
for this one or august 2007? :p

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 08:29 PM
For this year? Awesome :bleen:

This Land
August 5th, 2006, 08:36 PM
me a definalty for this year :D

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2006, 10:02 PM
Probably a definitely from me too. I'll be back at uni by then, obviously, so before the 10th-ish of December I will probably have essays and assignments still to do. I wouldn't be able to do Mondays, Tuesdays or Wednesdays either - because those are the days I have my lectures on this year.

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 10:06 PM
Do you guys have Christmas vacation?

Bart will have vacation then aswell from 25/12 to 7/1

But he said yesterday, that if it wasn't in a holiday or weekend, he would just have to take those days off :D

But I'm also guessing that in those times London will be packed :s

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2006, 10:12 PM
I think I start vacation somewhere around the 10th December, and it lasts for a month. But yeah - London will be heaving with Christmas shoppers.

But I think that before vacation I'll be very busy with uni work. It will be my third year, after all. :alone:

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Can the people on that list also maybe say which month they prefer?
November and/or December, so we can also write that down next to the names.

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2006, 10:18 PM
I think that early November or December after about the 10th should be ok. But obviously not on a Monday, Wednesday or Tuesday.

How any days would this thing last this time? And would anyone be willing to share a hotel room with me? :D lol.

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 10:22 PM
I think 2 days would be best again?

So in your case, Thursday and Friday ?

Oh, and I'll bunk with ya again :p

If Bart agrees, probably St. Giles again.

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2006, 10:25 PM
Hehe. I guess that would be ok.

What about buying the tickets? I presume people would want to sit together this time?

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 10:28 PM
Yeah ... that'll be tricky again ...

I can always do a bank transfer to the UK if really needed, so that isn't really a problem, if someone wants to be nice and order them :lol:

Lucy Lioness
August 5th, 2006, 10:31 PM
I could maybe order them if people transferred me their money and stuff. :D I couldn't buy my own ticket until my student loan comes through in October or so, so it would have to wait until then.

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 10:36 PM
These are just thoughts and all, and I'm already getting totally exhited :lol:

King Simba
August 5th, 2006, 10:38 PM
Yeah, I think I'll be able to make that meeting as well, so put me down on the list. ^^

EDIT: Oh yeah, I may have to look on my new year schedule for college after September, but it should be the same or similar to as it was when I was at school.

Tiikeri
August 6th, 2006, 11:12 AM
You can put me down on the list, but because I'll be at college then I can only make it from 20/12 - 3/1 if that's any good.

As for next summer, I'd have to get back to you.

Zaya
August 6th, 2006, 12:28 PM
Now meeee! ;)

London...November, December, doesn't matter...early November, late December - ala Lucy, even better...we have vacations like Nathalie, so end of December is also an option. (I'm still planning on seeing Temba's concert and there are no dates out, since there's no CD out yet :lol: - so I don't know bout the exact dates now)

Tickets...we don't need to buy them that much in advance in autumn or winter cause there are not thaaat many people, unless around Christmas.

Uh, I'm already all excited :D

Daniel
August 6th, 2006, 01:18 PM
i've had a look around my house but i cant find anything about my school holidays...

so, i'll find out when we go back in September, and i can find out my available times then :D

Amaryllis
August 7th, 2006, 09:37 AM
I could try to come, but i think you could arrange meetings in summer vacations, because of the school thing and the school holidays are different in other countries too, but if there's a possibility, i might be able to come =3

nathalie
August 7th, 2006, 11:13 AM
As said before, a thread about July/August 2007 will come soon ;)

This is just for people who can't wait till then :p haha

Tiikeri
August 7th, 2006, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Daniel
9) Tiikeri ? --> 20/12 - 3/1
That's the only time during the week where I could make it. I could also make almost any weekend, providing I knew the dates long enough in advance to take time off work.

Lion King Stu
August 7th, 2006, 12:20 PM
Yeah I'm the same with Nala dude on this one. When we go back to school, college, University its going to be really difficult to arrange a specific time to actually do another trip for the rest of this year.
Next year I can def do a trip again; this year I'm sorta 50/50 pretty much as long as its around a good time for me and everyone else obviously.

But I got the work problem as well....need to book some time of for that for the meeting.

Tiikeri
August 7th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Aye, when I was talking to Dan he mentioned the 4th and 5th of November which is a Saturday and Sunday. Those are both fine for me as long as that's arranged and set in stone soon so I can apply for time off ASAP ^^

nathalie
August 7th, 2006, 12:40 PM
I kind of wanted to avoid weekends, since the show is more expensive then, like 5 ? in total.

Not all that much in the end, but still, we all like to save a penny if we can ^_^ haha

But if a weekend is fine for everyone, then a weekend it shall be *wOOt*

Lucy Lioness
August 7th, 2006, 01:03 PM
Weekend shows sell out way faster though, don't they? I can't really pay for my ticket until October, so I'd probably be away from everyone. :alone: I'd much much rather not do a weekend, but whatever.

nathalie
August 7th, 2006, 01:12 PM
Aww, so how about the end of December then?

Lucy Lioness
August 7th, 2006, 01:14 PM
That would probably be ok. London will be really busy then, but hopefully I could get the tickets enough in advance.

One other day I couldn't do is the 16th November, because it's mine and Shaun's 4 year anniversary that day. That's a Thursday.

nathalie
August 7th, 2006, 01:42 PM
It looked like most could do it the end of December / beginning January (becuase of holidays).

Zaya
August 7th, 2006, 02:40 PM
I'd reather see the end of the week also, I have university and will take a day or two off, but I can't doo more, so I could come to London on Wednesday evening and then watch the show thursday...or on the weekend.

Tiikeri
August 9th, 2006, 09:01 AM
Me and Tom were talking the other day about meeting up in London but not seeing the show because of lack of money. So if anyone else was gonna just go to London to meet up rather than see the show then me and Tom are probably gonna do that since we really can't afford theatre tickets as well as train fare and such.

nathalie
August 9th, 2006, 09:11 AM
Yeah, Tom told me aswell.

But at least, we'd all get to meet again :D

I'm quite exhited about seeing the show again, hehe *blush*

Daniel
August 9th, 2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
Me and Tom were talking the other day about meeting up in London but not seeing the show because of lack of money. So if anyone else was gonna just go to London to meet up rather than see the show then me and Tom are probably gonna do that since we really can't afford theatre tickets as well as train fare and such.

that's a better idea for me, cos then it gives me more money to spend at the next meetings, and hopefully (if there's one in paris) i might be able to get to that one

so, just the day for me for now

but, if some money magically appears out of nowhere and lands in my pocket, i'll be fine :D

nathalie
August 9th, 2006, 10:06 AM
I don't know about doing 2 things again next summer, it was so hard and exhausting so close together :s

But I'm definatly in for London next summer aswell =D

Daniel
August 9th, 2006, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
I don't know about doing 2 things again next summer, it was so hard and exhausting so close together :s

But I'm definatly in for London next summer aswell =D

well, how about one at the start of the month and one at the end of the month?

just a suggestion =)

nathalie
August 9th, 2006, 10:21 AM
That could work ...

I'm just gonna have to sit down with Bart to discuss it all.
I'm doubting bringing him to London this year, when I putted on my TLKoB CD he made fun of it every single minute it was on :(

*tsss* haha

Sharifu
August 9th, 2006, 12:10 PM
Aww, I wish I could come this November or December, but you know how far away I am from England... :( I wish some of you could come to the US meeting next summer, but it looks like you guys are already planning another London meeting the same time as the US meeting.

nathalie
August 9th, 2006, 12:25 PM
I could never go to the US, unless I would already have a job, so the US for next year wouldn't have been an option anyway :(

Sharifu
August 9th, 2006, 05:35 PM
You don't already have to have a job... I didn't get a job until late November of 2005, and I was able to save up for this summer. Even for all those six months I was working, I paid for all my food, because my dad is a cheap skate, so once I got a job he stopped putting food in the house. Plus I had to pay for my classes one quarter too...

But I know it's been hard for you to get a job, but it's not impossible if you don't get a job right away.

nathalie
August 9th, 2006, 05:52 PM
It's just really hard to explain in English for me :cringe:

Without having a job in sight, I have to be realistic in "my household" concerning money.
Without a job I can save up for Paris or London.
If I'd have to save that money to get to the US, that would still take me 2 years.

And also, I couldn't even get on the train in Brussels to get to London, I was crying 'cause I was so sick. (I know what happens now, so no worries for next times)
I'd hate to see what would happen if you'd get me on a plane :cringe:

IrishKiara
August 10th, 2006, 07:24 AM
I wish you guys could have one here in Germany. I don't have the money nor the leave to be able to go. I still have to save up some for when I leave Germany to go to my next station

nathalie
August 10th, 2006, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by IrishKiara
I wish you guys could have one here in Germany. I don't have the money nor the leave to be able to go. I still have to save up some for when I leave Germany to go to my next station

There are some Germans on the board ... and depending on where in Germany, I could always make that for 1 day :)

Daniel
August 10th, 2006, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
There are some Germans on the board ... and depending on where in Germany, I could always make that for 1 day :)

i might be going to germany in april next year, so as details go on, i'll let you know :)

nathalie
August 10th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Anything further then Gelsenkirchen / Bonn / Trier (in km counted) I can't do, hehe, 'cause otherwhise it'd be too far to drive too.

Neola
August 10th, 2006, 01:10 PM
Originally posted by IrishKiara
Yeah, that'd be awesome!:cheese:
Though, I could only make it to Stuttgart, Ulm and maybe Munich...seeing as I live in the VERY south...

Daniel
August 10th, 2006, 03:16 PM
well, Stuttgart and Munich would be fine for me :D

i can see a german thread being made soon :p

nathalie
August 10th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Stuttgart is a 5,5 hours drive. Bart'd kill me :cringe: haha

So that ain't really an option.

Tiikeri
August 10th, 2006, 03:21 PM
No way can I make it to Germany, not with college just about to start and such. In fact I'm struggling to be able to make it to London in November/December, but having said that, November/December is more of an option for me than next summer, next summer is impossible for me as things stand at the moment. Unless there's a Leeds meeting of course ;)

Neola
August 10th, 2006, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by Daniel
i can see a german thread being made soon :p
OMG you're a fortune teller:eek: :p
http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8321
didn't want to spam this thread any longer ;)

Sadiki
August 12th, 2006, 08:13 AM
seems like a lot of people want the meeting in end of December or beginning of January. For me end of December will not be an option sinse I was away from home at christmas time last year and I want to spend new year with my friends. but first week of January should be fine, depending where I will be working at that time and what my schedule will be then.

About Summer 2007... there will be US meeting and it have been already been planned for that summer like a year ago... so if there will be a London meeting in next summer it should be made so people had change to do both. Flight between CA and London cost about $800 ~ ?450 ~ 700? depending if it is already season time or not. I understand if some people can't afford traveling or if their parents don't let them, but in my opinion it's unfair for those who try to arrange a big meeting and then others will arrange a meeting around the same dates somewhere else. The time between meetings should be at least a month. Ofcourse smaller meetings can be arranged, like meeting up at London for couple of hours in Saturday or something but too often it seems that people don't go somewhere farther away like US or even Paris from England to meet up other member because it's more expensive. I can see it already that those people who are saying in US meeting thread that they are coming or trying to will say that they wont come after all when it comes the time to get hotel and flights because they can't afford it, yet they go to 2-3 meeting near them in less than 6 months. I really wish people would be realistic with the meetings... by saying you are coming or trying to and then close to the time you change it just makes people disapointed or mad.

nathalie
August 12th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I know what you mean with your last part, and even if I do start saving up for the US now, I still wouldn't make it.
There's not only the flight, you also need money if you wanna go out and do stuff, and my guess is that it'll be longer then 2 days.

I had some expenses 6 months ago, which I shouldn't have had, which costed me a lot of money which I could have saved, and then things would look better for me to think about the US.

Sadiki
August 17th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I got a phone call from Brad ( Fuzzy ) and he told me he gonna be in London probably in January because there is a furry convention, but I wouldn't doubt if he would want to meet up then. Didn't talk him much longer, but he also said he might get into a position in the company he work for where he will be working in England 3 months at the time.

But as knowing Fuzzy you never know what's going to happen.

TX-101
August 18th, 2006, 10:21 PM
I'm little lost now... When will be that meeting?
December? January? Which?

nathalie
August 19th, 2006, 07:53 AM
November / December, as the title says :)

Probably December? Since that would be easier for most people, because they have school holidays and such.

In January I can't make it, with New Year, loads of family visits which I haven't seen for years everytime, lol

Tiikeri
August 23rd, 2006, 12:07 AM
Are we any closer to organising a date(s)? Since if it's gonna be a weekend I'll need to apply for Saturday off sooner rather than later :E

TX-101
August 25th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Yup... And i must get someone who can go with me. I've never been in London. And I get lost in the cityes. Put me in a midle of the jungle and i will return home faster than from city:lol:

is there anyone who can to help me somehow?

nathalie
August 25th, 2006, 08:19 AM
Euhm, I wouldn't suggest the weekend around X-mas, that might be a little too busy? :s

Tiikeri
August 25th, 2006, 03:26 PM
Yeah London would be heaving around xmas time, which is why I suggest we make it for the end of November. It would still be super busy then but not as busy as the final weeks before xmas.

Lucy Lioness
August 25th, 2006, 09:47 PM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
Yeah London would be heaving around xmas time, which is why I suggest we make it for the end of November. It would still be super busy then but not as busy as the final weeks before xmas.

I don't think I could make it then, what with uni work and all - that's about when all our first assignments are due. I finish Uni for Christmas on 8th December, I can do any date after that.

Tiikeri
September 26th, 2006, 05:36 PM
Just to update, I'm no longer coming.

nathalie
September 26th, 2006, 08:17 PM
You're not? 'Cause I was planning on talking to you this week about it, I totally forgot to talk to you about it on Sunday when we talked on Yahoo :(

Ciara
October 5th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Okay, let's see, how much do I have to pay for a trip to london, hotel and show? Since I have no work in december (depending date in november I could get some days off maybe) maybe I'd be able to come, but then I need to know more about hotel and show and stuff :O I'd like to come ^^ London is 1 hour from here with plane

nathalie
October 5th, 2006, 06:29 PM
As you might have noticed, we probably agreed on not doing it in December, just read the previous posts.

Ciara
October 5th, 2006, 06:40 PM
well if it's in november it can still work

nathalie
October 5th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Also, it's striped through on the main page.

November wouldn't be possible, 'cause many have school and all that.

Just have to to it after New Year, when London will be less busy and all that.
And people will probably have school holidays and such.

*edit*
the reason I left it on the main page, was so that people could see we were planning one but that they would notice it wasn't going to happen when it was supposed to

there'll be plenty of other times ^_^

*edit 2*
If you would be posting in the sticky (I just unstickied it though), my previous post would have made more sense, look at page 2: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8397&perpage=20&pagenumber=2

This Land
October 5th, 2006, 07:11 PM
May i suggest a bank holiday some time in the next year.

Bank Holidays = longer weekend because of No school.

Ciara
October 5th, 2006, 07:13 PM
okay, thank you. I was kinda confused about the titles and still stroken things on the main page Oo Else it had been a perfect thing and time for me xD

nathalie
October 5th, 2006, 07:13 PM
You happen to know already when those are?

Ciara
October 5th, 2006, 07:14 PM
which ones?

nathalie
October 5th, 2006, 07:17 PM
Was asking TL ;)

But since I posted at the same time as you did ... *freaky* :p

Ciara
October 5th, 2006, 07:19 PM
ah, okey... didn't see his post xP