PDA

View Full Version : How did you get the TLK movies?

aj2590
July 29th, 2006, 04:24 PM
How were you able to get the Lion King movies (TLK, SP, & 1/2)?

Nephilim
July 29th, 2006, 04:43 PM
I has a pirate copy!

On video that is. I believe I got the TLK DVD one Christmas, LKD/Fuzzy bought me SP, and my brothers got me TLK3 for my birthday.

Neola
July 29th, 2006, 04:52 PM
I bought them in store. On exactly the day they came out :p

Shatara
July 29th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Lol, pirate copy here x3

My mum was too cheap to buy it, so for the original I had to settle for a mix of taped off TV versions (complete with commerical cuts), or a pirate copy with crappy sound and color :(

When SP came out I picked it up from Wal-mart about a week after it came out, round Veteran's Day.

The Special Edition DVD I pre-ordered from the Disney Store.

The SP DVD I picked up from some movie store, IIRC.

1.5 I saw on Disney Channel, sans the first 10 mins or so. Have no intention of spending any quantity of real currency on procurement.

Simba Marasa
July 29th, 2006, 05:34 PM
i could not afford the brand new ones, so i got some good used copies from amazon

2 Die FR
July 29th, 2006, 05:41 PM
All I had to do was peek in my stocking ^^

So I'll poll that it was from a person ;)

P.S. Any copyright material received by .torrent files is SO illegal. I can say so becuase I used to do it :jejeje: but I was young and foolish at the time, and... :D

TakaTiger
July 29th, 2006, 05:48 PM
i bought them in a mixture, i bought my DVD's from a store, along with the tlk1 vhs, but i got my tlk2 vhs online

Nephilim
July 29th, 2006, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by 2 Die FR
P.S. Any copyright material received by .torrent files is SO illegal. I can say so becuase I used to do it :jejeje: but I was young and foolish at the time, and... :D

Ah yes, but the anime fandom thrives on it. ;) *hugs her hard drive*

ThiagoPE
July 29th, 2006, 07:43 PM
jun/1995 - My dad bought the lion king for him, but after ge watched it, he gav ethe vhs for me, was here were my vhs collection started
abr/1998 - Bought simba?s pride vhs in the supermarket when we was there to buy only food (yes, i did not even knowed they were producing simba?s pride)
mar/200 - I bought simba?s pride limited edition dvd online
01/out/2003 - Bought the lion king dvd online, but the store could not ship it until friday 03/out/2003, what would make the dvd only arrive here in the monday 05! so i canceled the order i done two monts ago and bought in the normal store in saturday 04/out/2003
mar/2004 - bought lion king 3 online, i got a little notebook as a gift in buyin it

HasiraKali
July 30th, 2006, 03:21 AM
I got them all in person on their original release dates. I actually was able to get TLK the first time around on VHS a few days early. It was released on March 3rd and I had it on February 28th. ;) Because I'm cool like that. I went to get the DVD on October 7, first thing in the morning (I skipped class ;)) with my best TLK friend. We kind of attacked the poor people at the Disney store. :lol:

Neola
July 30th, 2006, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
It was released on March 3rd and I had it on February 28th. ;)
:gasp: Over here, it was realeased somewhen in August....
And I've been waiting for it for almost 2 years since I haven't had neither the DVD nor the VHS before :emo:

ThiagoPE
July 30th, 2006, 11:21 AM
seems i was the frist to get my hands on lion king dvd here? since the dvd was frist released in brazil! (at least in one thing we had before other contries :D )

nathalie
August 6th, 2006, 09:52 PM
Ooooooh, long list ...

1. TLK 1: my English / Dutch subtitles VHS: got it from my parents
2. TLK 1: Dutch VHS: Bart had it
3. TLK 2: English / Dutch subtitles VHS: bought it myself
4. TLK 1: DVD R2: bought it myself for my birthday
5. TLK 1: Gift set DVD box from US: bought it myself, through some company who gets DVD's from the US and UK
6. TLK 1: DVD set from the UK: bought from someone on the net
7. TLK 1: France, Exclusive Edition: ebay
8. TLK 2: 1999 edition: bought it from someone who sold it
9. TLK 2: 2004 edition R2: bought it myself
10. TLK 2: 2004 edition: US, from someone who sold it
11. TLK 3: bought it myself

simbaddsa
August 7th, 2006, 09:44 AM
I just got my TLK1 SE on the internet. And a Collection Pack from my friends(he bought it from U.S).

Tiikeri
August 7th, 2006, 12:19 PM
VHS
TLK ~ Bought it from the video section of a supermarket in 1995, later gave to my younger cousin in 2003
SP ~ Bought it from the same place as TLK in 1998, still have it

DVD
TLK English ~ Bought from HMV in 2003
SP English ~ Bought from HMV in 2003
HM English ~ Bought from HMV in 2004
TLK Finnish ~ Bought from a store in Espoo in 2006
TLK Spanish ~ Bought from ebay in 2006

:D

Lion King Stu
August 7th, 2006, 12:36 PM
I got my mum to buy me the TLK boxset the day I had my braces put in because she felt sorry for me:lol:. She ended up getting in Safeways or Tescos me thinks....

But previous to that my mum got it me TLK on video.

King Simba
August 7th, 2006, 02:49 PM
I think my mum first bought the movies when they were released on video the first time. No idea where she bought them from, but I think she bought the original TLK on VHS around 1995 and SP on VHS around 1998-1999. Still have them both.

As for the DVDs, I bought the full box set with my own money from Sainsbury's about 2 years ago.

Annelie
August 13th, 2006, 02:29 PM
TLK 1 (VHS)- My mom bought it when it came to the stores
TLK 2: SP (VHS) - I got it from my mom when it came

And a month ago I bought the TLK trilogy on DVD :D

Daniel
August 13th, 2006, 02:53 PM
i bought all 3 on dvd in a sale about 18 months ago for ?4.99 each, brand new xD

This Land
August 13th, 2006, 05:43 PM
My mum bought me TLK on VHS when it very first came out.

And i bought a special box set with all 3 TLK special edition films for ?49.99 Brand new about 3 months ago :D

lyonesse
August 28th, 2006, 10:08 PM
I got all of the Lion King movies from a store.

nathalie
August 29th, 2006, 07:26 AM
I have a new one, the Finnish DVD version of Simba's Pride, thank you STM ^_^

Guntur
August 29th, 2006, 07:34 AM
VHS when I was a child shortly after release.
2003 on pirated (where I rediscovered The Lion King).
Mostly I keep the story line and scene in my mind.

Sharifu
August 29th, 2006, 10:28 AM
Originally posted by HasiraKali
I got them all in person on their original release dates. I actually was able to get TLK the first time around on VHS a few days early. It was released on March 3rd and I had it on February 28th. ;) Because I'm cool like that.

:lol: It's the same as me... On February 28, 1995, we got our copy of TLK on VHS. I even pretended to be sick that day so I could stay home and watch TLK. :lol: My little sister was so upset that I watched it without her before she came home from school. :p

I bought all of them in stores on their original release dates too. The Lion King VHS, The Lion King II Simba's Pride VHS, The Lion King DVD (Special Edition Box Set), The Lion King 1 ? DVD, and The Lion King II Simba's Pride DVD.

(I also have that old DVD of Simba's Pride, before the one that was released in 2004. I wish I didn't buy that... It cost a lot, and I did that because at the time I didn't know when Disney was going to release it on DVD again. Plus that DVD sucks. It doesn't even have anamorphic widescreen. That's the only thing I didn't buy on the release date, but that's because I already bought the other versions of Simba's Pride on the release date, and plus the fact I didn't get a DVD player until Christmas of 2000.)

Katifa
September 2nd, 2006, 07:47 PM
The TLK trilogy DVD box set was a gift for my 14th, requested quite spontaneously and for no particular reason at the time, and opened in a Pizza Hut near Bristol. I think all of us have received birthday gifts that have changed our lives in some capacity, and for me, that box set unexpectedly turned out to be it. =D

And oh yeah, I got the TLK and SP vhid-ee-ohs (whatever those are) about a couple of weeks after they came out in the UK, but I haven?t touched them for literally years? I?ve been quite into randomly browsing on eBay lately, so who knows, maybe some antique collector will pay good money for those tapes (?cause if vhid-ee-ohs ain?t antiques, I don?t know what are ;)).

nathalie
September 2nd, 2006, 07:50 PM
What's a vhid-ee-oh ? :lol:

VHS, video :p

Euan Buchan
September 3rd, 2006, 11:22 PM
I got the orginal Lion King film when it came out on my birthday which sadly now is broken. I pre ordered Lion King II when it first came out. Pre Ordered The Lion King Special Edition & got it on the day it was realsed (got a free mug). & I bought The Lion King 3 when it first came out got a free Pumbaa Toy. I don''t have any of them on DVD only on Video