PDA

View Full Version : Help me design my TLK car

Kiara
July 26th, 2006, 12:54 AM
I need some help to paint my car, for many years I've wanted to have TLK, but it has never happen. 'cause by then it was just a funny idea and stuff but ... Now I've decided to do it anyway, so I have thought about some things and pictures I can have on it ... The problem is just I have found too many pictures I can't decide which ones to take ... However, I know I asked this question before, or something like it, but do you guys have any idea how to paint everything? I don't want any landscape more tho, just characters, and just the main characters as well so people can recognize them ... :confused: And I want the title too, but I don't know if it's best to put it back or in the front, or if it's better to have two big characters on the front instead so they're visible. I'm willing to think of all the ideas, so please give me something to think about if you want ^^

Amaryllis
July 27th, 2006, 07:50 PM
well i have a few idea's. Although i need to work them out, can you show a picture of your car?

Kiara
July 27th, 2006, 11:59 PM
well, it's just a regular Audi 80 with a grey color ... I think I may have some pic here and there of it here:
http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/Burglar%20in%20my%20car%20july%2026th%202006/

Taken yesterday when someones had broke in to it. They took 30kr and important papers, did it in general messy by throw ice cream papers on the floor and smash two windows in, and then they also tried to get in to the space back by tear up the back seat ... (the stone they threw in is also visible):
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/Burglar%20in%20my%20car%20july%2026th%202006/16-22.jpg
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/Burglar%20in%20my%20car%20july%2026th%202006/16-19.jpg

Then they also found it funny to jump on the car as we found lots of footsteps on it xX

But anyways, I need some kind of design, I have found something myself, but it?s just small things, and today I did a small pic of Simba on the gas doorlock thing ... and some pawprints and stuff ...

TX-101
July 28th, 2006, 08:33 AM
OK. here is what i would do to my car which isnt in good condition right now. I would like to put title in the front (on a hood) and it should be big, so people could see it(like on police cars).
then a smaller version of it on a back side.

i would also put characters on it ... i think that the best position would be on all doors. and they should be big, visible. dodt put too many characters on it (I would put them 4 (for every door (max 5,6, because if you can put a smaller character too, like timon or zazu)).

If you want to do something more, change the color of the car first (something like orange, you know TLK style). if you do that, it should be nice to put some background on it( like,... some terrain at the bottom or rising sun,...but much less visible than characters(and maybe in just one color, like dark red or black, well... sun wuold be yellow))
^i know, that is dificult.

I hope that will help you.
if you want or need more help pls PM me. ;)

nafklt
July 29th, 2006, 12:05 AM
HOLY #@&!* Good luck with everything. ;)

Kiara
July 29th, 2006, 06:24 AM
why thank you both of you, I'll consider the idea of the title and door characters, I was thinking of do the Pridelands on the hood if nothing else and stuff ... And I would like to change color on the car, but it would be so much color to buy and then everything would be so yellow you can't see what is background and what is characters ... tho this rising sun can be used ... Neighbours that is passing by on the parking place think it looks great already now, and their kids too ... So that's cool. I'll paint in 30 minutes for the whole day today then (with this title thing and stuff) ... And tomorrow will be the first ride out with them in that case when my friend and I are going to my grandparents for a sailing trip ^^

Also adding that you're welcome to design inside the car too, by like paint something on the steering wheel or something, or put in cool lights, textile or plushies or I don't know somewhere ...

TX-101
July 31st, 2006, 10:44 PM
OK then. Inside should be more serious. you can leave it grey or any other color you like. Just it should be diferent color than car from outside. that steering wheel idea is great. put there one picture which you want. Other is up to you (you can put TLK things in it ... as you wish).

when you finish your car, give us a picture from every side... please?

anything else? just ask.

Tiikeri
July 31st, 2006, 11:28 PM
I'm suprised nobody mentioned this yet. But if the vandals left that ice cream wrapper, then you might wanna send it to the police as they may be able to get DNA from it to find out who did it.

Kiara
July 31st, 2006, 11:49 PM
well I have some pics already now of the hood and stuff ... (in my photobuckets main page, but that's from some day ago, so no heaven above PrideRock there xD) I haven't start on the doors yet. I did a swinging TP pic on the window tho ...

And with the paper, it was from my family, so no DNA there...

Kiara
August 1st, 2006, 10:37 PM
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/aaa/Hood1august.jpg

There's a new taken pic of the hood, and HERE (http://s10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/aaa/?sc=1&multi=1&addtype=local&media=image) is new pics from today from all over the car ... However I think the hood is finished now ... So I'll start with the doors then. Or continue ... Right now it's like a small pic here and there, looks rather weird but ... Ah, anyways, hows it this far ... ? :eek:

This Land
August 2nd, 2006, 05:15 AM
I hate to Bring things down and stuff, but a person that used to be somewhat active on here dedecided to do this with his 4x4, but he wasnt allowed to put any tlk stuff related material on *eg chacaters* due to copyright protection.

he sent letters to diney and rang them up and stuff asking for permission but he was rejected.

Its still a great idea kiara and i say go for it :D

but you might get the miserable old crotch who decides to report it.

i do really hate to bring it to you, but at the end of the day im just concerned for friends

Kovu The Lion
August 2nd, 2006, 05:50 AM
what This Land said is true, you could get sued majorly for doing what you are doing, the person who did this was DlB-177? or something like that good guy :p Try using FanARt or you'll lose quite a bit of money from Disney(They love taking money from others)

Kiara
August 2nd, 2006, 12:29 PM
ah...yea, you're probably right, I didn't think of it like that :eek: But how big can the chance be someone is reporting it? :o It's all possible, but if I'm on the road (which I barely are so much), no one will know it's me or where I am from, and why would they even put so much energy and fight about something like that? I've never seen the swedish peeps be so ... involved in what other peeps are doing ... And we're busy enough to fight with the stupid moneysystem all the time ... But still, it's all possible ... then I just have to take it away maybe, can it be harder than so you think ... ? But for now I don't see it as a very big possiblility to actually happen exactly ...

TX-101
August 2nd, 2006, 03:52 PM
Well.. World is full of jerks. To report things like that you must be crazy.

It looks wonderfull. About that "reporting" i would say that (if you are scared):

Make a little change on every character, you know.. sort of makeover... The title too... It's sad, I know.
If there is any possibility to make it "legal",.. i would try to do anything.
In other case, if Disney will be there to making problems.. SEND THEM ALL INTO 'PIZDA MATERNA'!!

But you know what roads are you using. If there is no any psycho who could report you.. you can just continue with that awesome work.
(personaly: i live on place where nobody would ever report me. People just have better work to do.)

Need more help with design or anything else?:fini:

Kiara
August 3rd, 2006, 10:03 PM
yea, none of my neighbours can do it, they are all so happy to see what I've done for the day and ask a lot of things and looks so happy and stuff and tell me it's an assome work ... Seriously, if I would be reported by SOMEONE, I'd actually suspect it was a member here first, since we bought up the topic here and stuff. Not to be mean, but I would do that, 'cause no one else can possible do it ... But then none of you can possible succeed to report it either, so it doesn't matter xD

Well I do know the roads, and even if a psycho would live there, he wouldn't be able to do something anyway... But yea, of course I can always change the design a little, and make everyone green with red tails, then Disney can't say anything xP I hope... But then this country is a place no one cares about something, I think they even think it's okey, 'cause I don't think they would even think of a copyright exicting thing x)

Anyways, I have one side finished in my head, where I started a little today before the color was used up:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/aaa/Side3august.jpg

And the back and front is soon finished, but I have the roof and other side left, and inside ... Tho I thought about put a big pic of everyone (you know on the original VHS pic from 94) on the roof, and maybe a title (so the planes can see too xD), but I'm not sure, maybe there's something better to put there...

TX-101
August 4th, 2006, 08:31 AM
where? On a roof? Usualy nobody looks there. The roof of the car is just not visible enough. Even sport cars dont have almost anything on it. Trust me, I like rally. I suggest to put there just a very big title (for your airplanes. hehe) or very big character. Don't give too much work into that picture because it will be seen good only from 1st or higher floor.
Anything else?

Kiara
August 5th, 2006, 07:23 AM
Ah, well ... My car is kinda low anyway, and I saw up pretty much even if I'm shorter than most peeps in my age, but ... x) That's still not very actual at the moment, so yes, maybe I'll just take that title thing, and then one big character instead.

Kiara
August 5th, 2006, 10:35 PM
Now I forgot to ask this before ... I have a free place under this pic:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/aaa/side5august.jpg

so I need some ideas to put there ... I thought about more grass, but then it was a huge space, as well with the characters, so I had to remade them a little bigger, but anyways, that's another story ... I kinda thought about write something maybe, but ... maybe not ... or maybe I just shall leave it as it is ...

Also, as I was thinking about the other side, and you guys (and this is just a wuick idea that flew into my head for a second) when we talked about own characters. Since I got all real TLK ones on left side, I thought I could have own characters on the other side then. But the problem then is that I don't have any own fanart myself, or own characters except myself in lioness shape...xX But anyway, then I thought if maybe some of you wanted to have your character there, as you're here on lea, so it could be a big Lea member picture, with lions, but not TLK that Disney can say something about. Now it was just something that came by in my thoughts, but if someone don't mind to have yourself there, I can paint you there! ^^ Then of course it depends on how many that will ... But seriously, if I can't come up with something else there, I might do like that, if someone want ... Someone who wants? :x

nathalie
August 5th, 2006, 10:37 PM
Wauw, that is so cool :wow:

I have no ideas though, I have no imagination what so ever, lol

*edit*
About the (c) from Disney ... I would watch it though ... Disney is very strict when it comes to that.
But, there are so many ways to get around that.

Like, the "thumbs up" from the Mickey mouse hand, it has 3 stripes on the hand, if you just make a drawing and make it public of that "thumbs up" with only 2 stripes, you are free to go, hehe. And no one will actually notice the difference between the 3-stripes or 2-stripes hand.

*edit 2*
In case you are wondering, I know this from the Dutch Disney board, where they wanted to make a logo for a forum T-shirt to walk around with at their forum meetings at DLRP.

Kiara
August 5th, 2006, 10:47 PM
yes I heard about it ... But, well I'll watch up anyway, I mean, nothing is impossible still xX ... But then if I got that fanart thing as I said, they can't say anything :D right? As long as you guys don't have (c) :p

Darkslash
August 6th, 2006, 04:05 AM
Looks awesome! Is there some kind of special paint/coating that makes the designs durable?

TX-101
August 6th, 2006, 04:36 PM
1st Under that picture you can paint some grass From very close view in about 3-4 colors (Light green, Darker green, some of them yelow,...).

2nd I like that idea with puting LEA characters on it. But, what about puting some non-important characters on it too? like some outlanders?

3rd Car looks wonderfull.

4th anything else?

simbaddsa
August 6th, 2006, 04:45 PM
Did you do some make-ups inside the car???

Or, are you gonna do some?

Kovu The Lion
August 6th, 2006, 06:29 PM
They can easily identify who you are, where you live, and how long youv'e been driving from your License plate Kiara ;)
and with the money Disney has.. They can probably even figure out how old your car is, where it was made, where you were born, where you've lived at, how much money you make, your phone numbers, your house number, etc lol

Kiara
August 6th, 2006, 09:28 PM
First ... I don't really have colors that is for cars, my brother use them to his modell ships and stuff, so they are durable on plastic things, but when I first painted, you could like scrape it away, then I had the enamel (dunno if that's the word, but it's the invisible painting you have over everything at the end.. x) on it, and then you could still take it away with your nails. But after some days, the color was like stucked, and now it's imposible to take anything away xX ... The black lines (except the big Simba) is done with a black pen, so you can't take it away with the nails, and not with water either after the invisible painting, but who knows, with the time it might get a little destroyed, but that's how it is with everything in this world, nothing last forever ...

Second, I like that grass thing at the bottom! But then I might do it at the end, 'cause I'll need a lot of color then ...

Third, I love the idea with the LEA members xD *is smart* But then I first need peeps who wants to be there with their characters ... So if you want to join you can either write it here or send a PM, then you can send a pic and tell me how it shall look like. The good with that is that you can put on characters now and then, if someone wants to be there not now but in 6 months maybe, you can easily draw it, so no problems there. ALSO, regular outsiders and stuff works too to fill it up in case I don't have many Lea members. All the original characters are on the other side, so ... looking like bears, I just painted it in a very easy and cute way ^^ (we can pretend so, but it was hard to paint with free hand and so small with such a big pen and all xP)

Fourth ... Thanks for liking it this far xD

Fifth, I haven't start inside yet, 'cause I don't know what to do ...

And last, I know they can find out with the plate, but it's not written under my name (as if that would matter anyway xX), and then again, if I'm on the road, no one will have the time ... But on parking places of course ... Well anyway, I'm still not that worried about it, 'cause no one just care about what others are doing ...

Nothing else I think, but if you can come up with ideas you can just write down them here anyway. And also, if you want to have your Lea character there somewhere you can write too! Or just have your name there! (I think I'll do a Lea Halalela.com side btw xP) And if not here, you're always welcome to send PMs ^^

I will upload the new pic from today too, where all the characters are finished (except them where some colors are missing, I'll buy new ones tomorrow)
(*edit*)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a109/KiaraZ/aaa/characters.jpg

Other, great you like it and are so helpful, I didn't think I would get this much replies about this painting thing ^^ :hakuna:

nathalie
August 6th, 2006, 09:32 PM
If you need like "extra's" you could always put mine in, lol, somewhere at the back ... haha

Kiara
August 6th, 2006, 09:36 PM
haha, I'll just use the doors to begin with ;) But I'll add you ^^ Got a pic I can paint then?

nathalie
August 6th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Euhm, you can take the one Sharifu made me? 'Cause hers are so much better and nicer, hehe.

But I don't know if we should ask her, since she originally made it.
(and I don't know if she'll be on before she leaves for the US)

The one from my avater (there's a bigger version, off course, hehe)

Kiara
August 6th, 2006, 09:49 PM
Yea, well I was thinking of that before, if someone else did the pic (since we got some character painters here) I'll ask her/him first too, to be sure. But if she don't want me to use that "position" ('cause I won't copy EXACTLY, and beside, the character is somewhat (c) by you since it's yourself), I can take one you've done yourself.

nathalie
August 6th, 2006, 09:57 PM
There is one I've done myself, doesn't look as cool as Sharifu's pics, hehe
(she actually made the first one as a pressy for me, for my birthday)

But here's one I did.
http://fanart.lionking.org/Artists/moorhunhe/Nathalie2.jpg

Kiara
August 6th, 2006, 10:04 PM
well anhy pic is good. Either I can copy exact in my homemade copyway, or I can do small changes if you want. Just faces are most important, else everyone looks almost the same ...

nathalie
August 6th, 2006, 10:16 PM
I hate drawing faces, lol, they never work, I love doing the body's.

Kiara
August 6th, 2006, 10:21 PM
yea, I know xP So you want the name beside too?

nathalie
August 6th, 2006, 11:22 PM
not really nessecary, hehe

Kiara
August 6th, 2006, 11:25 PM
ok, then you're the first one this far without it ^^

nathalie
August 6th, 2006, 11:34 PM
I don't think people are waiting to see a car goes by, with something on it like: hi, I'm nathalie

haha

Kiara
August 6th, 2006, 11:35 PM
well not really, but as a Lea collage or something, names can be cool, but that's all if you want, nothing necessary ^^

TX-101
August 7th, 2006, 12:37 AM
I should give you one character to paint. But first I need to create a pic of it, upload it, create a acount on photobucket, post a link here, oh yeah,.. getting an idea for a first thing... All that in... 15 minutes or 5 days. I dont know yet. I will see.

Fire_Hazard
August 7th, 2006, 04:01 AM
Yeah! This is totally cool. Ki!! I already gave you my permission to use my character.

That car looks totally cool. I would personally drive it everywhere I go... Too bad it's your car....XD

nathalie
August 7th, 2006, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by TX-101
I should give you one character to paint. But first I need to create a pic of it, upload it, create a acount on photobucket, post a link here, oh yeah,.. getting an idea for a first thing... All that in... 15 minutes or 5 days. I dont know yet. I will see.

for 1 pic, you can also just upload at www.tinypic.com you don't need to make an account

but Photobucket account, is always handy ^_^

TX-101
August 7th, 2006, 07:25 PM
Well... It's not just one pic, I have som e others for some other stuff. But thanks too :)

I was thinking about car from inside... It's tough one. But i will get some ideas soon. ;)

Kiara
August 7th, 2006, 08:01 PM
yea, well I don't really know what to do now when I have ... 10 characters to paint this far (including TX-101s). First I was thinking I could paint them in a landscape as with the TLK ones on the other side, but then I thought I maybe shall have a Lea loggo too since we're Lea members. Then I thought I could write that big, with small www and .com thing, and paint the characters on the line over the text, and some at the bottom, but I'm not sure (that text can also stand in a landscape) ... The door is 83 cm long, and like 54 cm up to the window, so the text either has to be very compact if I only use one door, or if it would be cooler to use the front door and let the text go over on the under hood part, like over the tyre ... Or if I chall use both doors only.

However, every character is painted 11cm x 9cm, so they're not very big, but in a line I'm already over 83 cm ... Btw it's not really necessary to do any kind of account first, it's just to send the file with a mail x)

For Fireman, I barely drive the bloody car nowadays (but I've been out when the pics are half done, it feels rather stupid to show everything then xD), the gas here is very expensive and I don't have much left, so I have to wait until I will get my next paycheck from work so I can get more gas, if not in a hurry I can always us my saving money, but that wouldn't be very good ... They take like $2/liter soon, and I can come up in 70 of them ... But else I love to drive car (maybe even more now xD) and wish I could do it more. I was out some day ago and a motorbike stopped from right to wait until I had pass by so he could drive out. When I looked at him I saw he first stared at the hood when I came, and when I had pass by I saw him and his friend at the back in the back mirror how they continued to stare at the car after for a long time until they then went out on the road when the car behind had honk the horn at them to go x). Then we went directly to the store (my dad and bro was in our other 8th car (we have a lot of them xX) in front of me), and the peeps at the parking space also stared like crazy there ^^.

Anyways, I didn't paint anything today like I said cause my stomach pains forced me to bed around lunch until now 10pm, but before that I succeeded to paint everyone at a paper, so tomorrow I'll get out to the car, but first I need to know how to then paint the landscape or Lea loggo xX

And for the car inside, I can take photos so you can see how it looks like ... That part is really hard to do, but I'll probably do it at the end, so no hurry ^^

Kimbai
August 9th, 2006, 03:21 PM
Wow. Nice car. :D

I wanna ride! I would love to accually see a car like that on the road. Im not sure if you can get repoted for that though..I thought you could only be reported if yo sold lion king stuff.:thinks:

But I dunno. Cool car anyways. And sorry about the break in.:(

Kapasa
August 9th, 2006, 08:14 PM
woah...thats one fantastic car. If I saw that whilst driving I would proberly crash due to staring in amazment...

Kiara
August 9th, 2006, 09:01 PM
yea well my friend said the same with the reporting thing, isn't it like that you can get reported and all for selling things with it, and make money with it. But I'm not really making money with my car, I'm just spending money on the color, so she thought it would be okey to have a car with TLK things as long as I don't make money with it...

And yesterday I started with the Lea thing and the characters I had, and today I finished two characters (Talfasi/whatever his name is here now again and Shatty/the same name almost). Whatever ...

And actually I'll say thanks for the breaking in to the car, 'cause if it wasn't for that, I hadn't start paint anything (!). Even if the idea has been in my head for years I have never had the strange to do something with it until I had the glass broken and had to change and clean the car inside (and outside) and then I just felt for pimp it up even more x)

If you ever drive here and happens to pass by me Kapasa, please don't crash xD But I don't think it would be a big chance that would happen :p I wonder if there's other cars like this and how they looks like ...:confused:

Fire_Hazard
August 11th, 2006, 05:00 PM
Oooo... I am now the "Fireman"!!

Well, the crashing probably would happen, Ki... That is a really cool car. ^_^

Kiara
August 11th, 2006, 08:10 PM
I've always been calling you Fireman x) Remember?

TX-101
August 11th, 2006, 08:22 PM
OK. I was thinking about inside... But first I need to know... How looks situation right now about it?

Kiara
August 11th, 2006, 08:33 PM
oooh...do you have a pic I can paint yet? :D

ABout inside, if you got ideas, tell me ^^ But still itsn't not in a hurry, I'll do that in the end ... I forgot to take pics tho xX

TX-101
August 11th, 2006, 08:40 PM
I don't have pics yet because you said that with outlanders you have enough pics... But, if you want one from me you will get it. ;)
my sister is offering you that she can give you any home made or original character. just tell me if you need one.;)

edit: i forgot to say that she is really damn good with all sorts of drawing...you wont be sorry.

Kiara
August 11th, 2006, 08:42 PM
I can't have enough of characters, but this is a Lea member pic, so I'll just have members, and I can't have enough of them, so just send as many as you have ^^

TX-101
August 11th, 2006, 08:50 PM
hehe... She is starting today... you will have them soon (how much of them do you want? She can made about 3-5 for day.)
She asked for your wishes... Is there any special thing you want?

Kiara
August 11th, 2006, 08:56 PM
hm..let see, I only need one pic for each member, so one pic is good. Now it's a little harder since I have pics now and then, before I had lots of them at the same time, then I could puzzle them together in a scene where they like talked with each other and stuff, but now if I get one single pic, it's harder to put it in in some scene like that. But... Is it a fursona of her? Or you? (both would be best x) then you can tell her to paint it as you're fighting with each other or something :p)
Else just a normal pic of a sitting you or her where you look up a bit... But look forward is good too...But if you look up a lil it can fit in better ^^

TX-101
August 11th, 2006, 09:10 PM
You will have your picture of us fighting or something.. I hope it will be good enough for you.
oh, btw... she is asking if there must be lions or can be other big cats aswell. so?

Kiara
August 11th, 2006, 09:15 PM
cool, that's even better ^^ I have only lions and one leopard, so whatever your fursona is is good ^^ It's meant to represent you you know ;)

TX-101
August 11th, 2006, 09:20 PM
OK, you will get it soon!

Kiara
August 11th, 2006, 09:23 PM
ok cool ^^ Size doesn't matter, bigger is better, then I makes them in right size on the comp, and takes a pic of the bigger one to see small details...

TX-101
August 13th, 2006, 09:47 PM
OK... It's almost done... I need to get it somehow on my PC. Hmm... Scaner? i dont have one...yet. I'll get one soon...like tomorrow..2 days, 3,4..I dont know... so its out of option...I dont know when i will get it... But there are other ways...
oh yes.. how can i give pic to you? msn? skype?

Oh, BTW It's a pic of me and my sister watching each other with anger!
just like you ordered.

Kiara
August 13th, 2006, 09:51 PM
ah, great :D You can either get a link through something or just send me an email with it on MSN (but hopefully not, 'cause my comp is crazy and don't want to load things all the time without crash ...) Else if you add me to your list you can send it trough a conversation window. I have the address on my profile anyway ... you can add me, hen we'll see how it goes when you have the pic on the comp ^^

TX-101
August 14th, 2006, 07:33 PM
pic is done!
i just have a problem how to upload it on PC. But it will be done very soon. I decided to send you by msn.. It's easyest way for me.

EDIT: OK, no problems at all... I've just got a scanner and pic is ready. Add me on msn pls.