PDA

View Full Version : Hello~!

Kael
October 18th, 2013, 08:55 AM
Hi!

My name's Kael and I have recently found a sketchbook from 10-11 years ago while sorting through my old garbage pile underneath my bed... It so happens that The Lion King was a major part of my childhood- as it was with many other people from my generation ^^ I used the sketchbook to cope with stuff going around me as well as to relax. It is filled with many tlk drawings, short stories and even a long comic.

I got very sad and upset that I let something so precious and close to my heart get lost... in fact- I forgotten about it very existence. I felt sad and ashamed. I felt as if I have abandoned or forgotten a close friend. My lovely mate talked me into trying to restore the sketchbook a bit, 'cuz it got damaged pretty badly. I redrew some pages and even added couple of new ones while at work. I actually tried to do the colored version too. And GOD was it epic! Simba came out SO well I couldn't believe it was my own drawing. It was as if I gave life to my childhood friend and relived the times I spent with him all over again. I feel anew and whole... I haven't felt so satisfied and happy in many years. I'm glad I found the sketchbook and I'm glad I renewed it.

The only thing that's missing is the ability to share it with other TLK fans. I have looked through many websides, sadly finding them nearly abandoned and this is the first forum I actually see rather active. I'd love to meet some friends and talk with them both about tlk and about my art. I'd like to share what I do with others, to gain both feedback and simply make someone smile with what I do, as it made me smile all those years ago and makes me smile to this very day. I'd be interested in friends, peers and penbuddies, someone to help me with my comic project, to review it, someone to roleplay... anything really. I feel kinda childish to have such needs at my age, but I don't really care. I just want to get bit of my childhood back =)

Anyways. Nice to meet you guys!

~Kael

nathalie
October 18th, 2013, 10:12 AM
Aaah, fresh blood ^^

Age doesn't really matter, its about how you feel about it ;)

Welcome to Lea :)

Sadiki
October 18th, 2013, 02:37 PM
Uuu.... what do we have here... something tells me you going to fit right in ;)

Welcome to Lea Kael, we are not the most active TLK board, but considering everything the forum has gone through I do say we're one of the stronger one. :lol: Hope you enjoy your time here.

lionloversam
October 18th, 2013, 03:21 PM
Welcome. Hope you enjoy your stay. :kovusmile:

HasiraKali
October 18th, 2013, 10:37 PM
Hi there! Welcome to Lea! :D

I'd love to see some of these drawings. I can't draw myself, but I always appreciate the talent of others. :)

Kael
October 18th, 2013, 11:06 PM
Thanks for all the warm welcomes^^ I see you are a warm bunch =) As to my works, I'd be happy to share them and generally chat. Just add me on skype and we can talk- as in type. I'm too shy for voice-chats, but skype is a great instant messengers, and that's how I use it.

kael_tiger@hotmail.com

Hope to chat with you soon ^_^

~Kael

KanuTGL
October 20th, 2013, 12:40 AM
Hi, Kael! :D Yeah, like the others have said, I think you're going to fit right in, hehe! I hope you'll like it here :)

Sombolia
October 20th, 2013, 11:01 AM
Welcome!! :hugs:

King Simba
October 20th, 2013, 01:24 PM
Welcome to Lea, Kael! :D

Leorgathar
October 21st, 2013, 06:39 AM
Sorry for being late in welcoming you. I'm really glad to see newcomers here :) You're in the right place for an all friendly community who shares interests like yours.
Welcome to Lea, bud :D

cleargreenwater
October 21st, 2013, 11:30 PM
Hi Kael! Yeah, I don't think you have anything to worry about here, and quite a few people here have a background in fanart too, you justed missed the sign ups for our Secret Santa project! Pretty like minded on many of the other fronts too, and it's a small but supportive community.

Welcome to Lea!

Kasei
October 24th, 2013, 03:06 AM
Hey there, welcome! If you are interested in fan art, you should join the archive (if you haven't done so already):

http://fanart.lionking.org/

There's a sketcher where you can draw and chat with other members if you go during peak times of the day, and contests and things. Plus just lots of great TLK fanart to peruse.

Anyway, I'd love to see some of your stuff! There are some threads around for posting that sort of thing, I believe. ^^ Enjoy your stay!

Safila
October 25th, 2013, 03:17 AM
Rushes in late from NZ.. Welcome :lalala:

What country are you from ?

Kael
October 25th, 2013, 09:33 PM
Thank you for all the warm greetings. I'm from Uk, so an Old Continent tlk fan =) I did join the archive but I haven't got a clue how to use it, as the site seems rather outdated and is bloody confusing XD

Azerane
October 25th, 2013, 10:34 PM
Hey there, sorry I'm a little late to the party :p Welcome to the forum :)

TLKFAA can be a little confusing, because you can be logged in and commenting on people's art etc, but you still have to log in again to post art. If you want to post art, on the top right hand side there is an "artist login" sign in there and it should take you to your account. It's usually automatically in the tab for uploading art so then you just have to choose you fille and upload it. If you want any help with anything, creating folders, editing your page etc, just ask, we're friendly and don't bite too often :lol:

Kasei
October 26th, 2013, 12:51 AM
Yep, a lot of us around here are TLKFAAers (or at least used to be) so if you have any questions at all don't hesitate to ask. Whenever you feel comfortable, please link us to your FAA account--I'm sure you'll get some fans quickly! :3