PDA

View Full Version : Happy Anniversary to our beloved... Website!

Sadiki
October 4th, 2013, 06:06 AM
Few days late but anyways. 1th of October 2003 was when Leahalalela.com first started and now it's been 10 years since then. I can't say it been a smooth path but none the less it's been a memorable one. I for one can say my life would be VERY different without this site. For once I would not be making this thread from Anaheim, California after spending 2 days at Disneyland with my wife and our good friend Daniel a.k.a. Taneli, nor had I met over 30 people all over the world who share the same interest with me.

I don't want to say everything there is to say about this site so I leave open hands to other people to say a word or two about the site. It might not be the biggest and the busiest website on the internet, but at least for me it has been the most life changing one. :hugs:

ThiagoPE
October 6th, 2013, 02:35 AM
It was the exact day of TLK frist dvd release in US if im right....

Even tough im being one of the far-est person here, i would like to say that i enjoyed those 10 years we spent toghether here. itīs mzing see how many lives this site changed, and I personally, are very proud to be a little tiny part of it. I hope we can celebrate more years together.

Sadiki
October 6th, 2013, 08:18 AM
according to Wikipedia it was the 7th of October, but yeah I think that is why the site was originally created I'm sure... I didn't join until 3 weeks had passed though so I'm not certain plus my English was horrible back then.

cleargreenwater
October 6th, 2013, 10:07 PM
Lea has a Wikipedia entry? o__O Wow.

Well, Happy "birthday" Lea Halalela. I wasn't there for much of it but you gave Lilymud a run for it's money for popularity and ultimately won based on the absolute dedication and heart of the people that formed and re-formed it so many times with such depth of feeling.

Awesome to the max, Lea. Here's to many more!

Sadiki
October 8th, 2013, 01:43 AM
lol not Lea, but Lion king DVD release. :lol: I guess I wasn't being very clear.

I'm surprised how many people seen this thread and how few said anything. I guess I thought 10 years was bigger deal then it was. :haha:

nathalie
October 8th, 2013, 05:08 AM
You know me ... I've never ever made one of those "thank you" threads and such (I remember people doing those, lol) ... the peoples who know me from here, know what a big deal Lea has been to me and how much those peoples mean to me :p

But ... YAY 10 years *confetti*

Sadiki
October 8th, 2013, 07:23 AM
pfff... People know nothing... :confused:

...;)

KanuTGL
October 8th, 2013, 02:58 PM
I don't think I can add much to what's been said :p

Lea is awesome and it has changed also my life for sure. I'm only sad that I wasn't a part of it back in its heyday. Ten years is a long, long time for a forum to be around!

Sadiki
October 8th, 2013, 06:33 PM
Especially for forum that is as jinxed as Lea... oy :headache:

lionloversam
October 8th, 2013, 09:13 PM
I originally joined in June 2004. And, I feel this place has played a big role in my life too. You guys are all awesome.

Guntur
October 8th, 2013, 09:14 PM
Happy Anniversary Lea, it's been a good decade for me staying in this forum. I just want to say Thank you to the Admins, Moderators, Site owners, and Webmasters to make this place as fun and cool place as it is.

Since I joined on 16 December 2004 till April 2006 it was a life changing moment for my personal life of course, meeting with great friends, voice chat and singing over in the YM with the pioneer members, adding them in the IM, and have a laugh over my teenager immaturity.

I also Want to give shout out to my biggest Lea Idol, mentor, and friend in this site, and that is Sonique, Lion Roog, STM and SimbaTLK. (as I joined his forum 2 month before joining here) These guys teach me how to be cool and be mature as they are way way older than me and far more experience. I just can't forget the post that they both made in this forum and it just brings good memories while I'm in senior years.

Special shout out to StE for inviting me here and if you read this buddy, Hell yeah for bringing me here.

as now I am not that close to the community but I cherish every moment that you all share with me during those period.

Carpe Diem, Seize the Day. As thing would never be the same anymore it still live in my heart and my memory.

Azerane
October 9th, 2013, 11:28 PM
It's certainly been a long ride hasn't it? :p I joined towards the end of 2004 (I think september or november), one little decision that pretty much changed my life forever given that I met Pat on Lea. It's been a long and bumpy road, but I think it's fair to say we've enjoyed it :)