PDA

View Full Version : FIFA World Cup - Germany 2006

Lion Roar
June 9th, 2006, 09:29 AM
Hey, do you like football (soccer)?
If you do, you must know today is the opening ceremony and the first match (Germany vs. Costa Rica).
So tell, are you going to watch it? Who do you think will win this year? Write any comment about the FIFA World Cup here!
See you :)

Tiikeri
June 9th, 2006, 09:32 AM
Brazil will win, they just take the pish when they're playing.

And no, I'm not going to watch it, I don't particularly like football, I follow my local footy team and it ends there. I hate the world cup, although I may watch a game if I think England'll get smashed :evilgrin:

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 09:43 AM
This means I'll be spending a lot more time on the internet then I already do :lol:

Since I don't like soccer, and Bart is obsessed by it ... so there's no chance I'll get the TV :lol:

Nephilim
June 9th, 2006, 10:25 AM
DO NOT WANT.

Neola
June 9th, 2006, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Tiikeri
Brazil will win, they just take the pish when they're playing.
That's exactly what I wanted to say, Brazil ftw!:evilgrin:

I think I'm bound to watch it since we only have one TV up here and my dad's gonna watch ALL THE MATCHES -_- haha.

I'm interested in the results though.

As for the Germany - Costa Rica match...go costa rique?os! :p

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 01:15 PM
Nice to know you support your country Neola ^_^ :p

Belgium ain't even in it :lol: Doesn't surprise me at all though, haha.

Neola
June 9th, 2006, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
Nice to know you support your country Neola ^_^ :p

Belgium ain't even in it :lol: Doesn't surprise me at all though, haha.
Germany doesn't derserve it imo :p

And yeah Belgium isn't...what a surprise:lol:

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 01:22 PM
The Belgium team is just so bad -_- haha, although, they are doing slightly better, when it's too late ... whaha

Azerane
June 9th, 2006, 01:24 PM
GO YOU AUSSIES!!!!! :D :D :D :cheese:

Lion Roar
June 9th, 2006, 01:27 PM
I agree that Brazil will be the winner... but there's no way that Germany will lose to Costa Rica :p That would be quite awful haha.

And by the way, I don't support my own country either (talking about Argentina), I think it will lose in the 1st round :p

Neola
June 9th, 2006, 02:25 PM
Nah, I don't think Germany's gonna lose against Costa Rica...unfortunately :p

Anyways, my dad, my uncle and the rest of our male family members are totally hyper about the worldcup...they wear Germany tricots, paint their faces (yeah -_-) and sway those little Germany flags...god, that is sooo embarassing :woeisme:
Good thing they'll have their little opening party at my uncle's (who is brazilian btw :lol: )
This (http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3904/dad6vw.jpg) was taken this morning...he looks MUCH WORSE NOW O_O
Maybe I'm gonna drop over at my uncle's place later on and take some new pics for ya O_o

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 02:27 PM
*wOOt* another die hard fan on that picture :lol:

Azerane
June 9th, 2006, 02:28 PM
Well at least they're getting into the spirit of the game :p

I think that's good that people can do that, though some people do take it all a bit too seriously :p Hehe, still, soccer's a good game though I don't really pay that much attention to it.

Neola
June 9th, 2006, 02:29 PM
*wOOt* another die hard fan on that picture :lol:
Lol, you should see how he looks now O_o :lol:

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 02:31 PM
Err, not sure that I want too ... :-s haha :lol:

Neola
June 9th, 2006, 03:09 PM
Err, not sure that I want too ... :-s haha :lol:
Yeah, probably not :cringe:

And have you noticed what google's doing atm? It's got those little pics and in each language it sais something else..."Vamos Espa?a", "Allez France" and so on...only on the German site it says "Come on Germany, score a goal!" (translated of course ; ) haha, dunno why I posted this :lol:

nathalie
June 9th, 2006, 03:13 PM
Yeah, Google does that a lot with things like these. Also with the Olypics it changed everyday.

Dyani
June 9th, 2006, 03:26 PM
I like football and will probably vaguley watch some of the matches, but I'm not a diehard fan or even *wow:* about it all. It should be used as a something that makes everyone of all nations come together, enjoy it and be happy!

Now those football idiots who beat up the opposing team supporters? Definition of losers. I'm sorry to say half of them are England fans too :woeisme: LOSERS!! YOUR TEAM DESERVE TO LOSE!!!

Peace to all players and people supporting them, sure, but if you want to try and kick some person because they just happen to support the opposite team.. do the opposite thing and give them a hug!!!

EDIT - how freaky is that.. its my 666th post!! Zira'll be happy! :growl: erm... maybe not..

Neola
June 9th, 2006, 03:27 PM
Heh, I remember...^^

Btw, who do you guys think will win the second match, Poland-Ecuador?
I'm not sure about that one, I hope Ecuador'll win though :p

ThiagoPE
June 9th, 2006, 04:38 PM
I have my doubts if brazil will made it this year

Neola
June 9th, 2006, 04:48 PM
Why not? :confused: I really really want them to win!

Btw...2:1 for Germany atm -_-

EDIT: 3:2.....:gasp:

EDITEDIt: 4:2...and nearly over :(

EDITEDITEDIT: NOOOOO! :Ohno:

Lion Roar
June 9th, 2006, 07:03 PM
Yes, Germany won, as I expected. And in the other match, I think that Poland will win, maybe 2-0.

Neola
June 9th, 2006, 07:29 PM
Haha, not quite...1:0 for Ecuador :D

Lion Roar
June 9th, 2006, 08:58 PM
Well, it was a 2-0 indeed... But the winner was Ecuador :p

Monai
June 9th, 2006, 09:04 PM
I don't care much about it. Although, I'm going to support Serbia and Montenegro. Not England. Too overhyped. And to anyone who thinks England will win, we won't. (Not as long as I still have that gun somewhere... :p )

Nephilim
June 9th, 2006, 09:06 PM
I do have to wonder how much violence goes up by during the world cup. :thinks:

Although watching grown men crying in the streets when we lose is somewhat amusing.

Lion Roar
June 10th, 2006, 06:42 AM
There are three matches today:

-England vs Paraguay: Paraguay is not a bad team, but England is much better. I think England will win 3-1.
-Trinity&Tobago vs Sweeden: It will be a really easy match for Sweeden, who will win 4-0.
-Argentina vs Ivory Coast: Ivory Coast will surprise everyone by defeating Argentina 1-0 with a goal scored by Didier Drogba.

Well, those are my predictions :p
See ya

Lion King Stu
June 10th, 2006, 09:36 AM
England will crash out dramatically like always; though maybe winning would be awesome if we actually get to the final. But I vouch for the underdogs of the World Cup; go on show these big headed countries what for ^^.

Tiikeri
June 10th, 2006, 09:50 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Although watching grown men crying in the streets when we lose is somewhat amusing.
I find the excuses more amusing. Whenever England lose, they come up with excuses like "the ref cost us the game" and "teh other team cheated and we woz well robbed!" It's all good, apart from the football bit ;)

Nephilim
June 10th, 2006, 02:33 PM
*yawn* 1-0 so far. Boring game.

Dare
June 10th, 2006, 02:38 PM
Generally I only watch the Women's World Cup, but since that's not until next year...I suppose I'll have to satisfy my soccer craving by watching the mens. Blah.

*makes voodoo dolls to curse the Brazil team*
:p

Neola
June 10th, 2006, 02:43 PM
Originally posted by Wicked
*makes voodoo dolls to curse the Brazil team*
But watch out with those little needles, they can be quite painful...:evilgrin:
No seriously, I think Brazil will win in spite of your lil' voodoo curses Wicked, they're just too good. :p

And yeah, boring game so far...doesn't look like a 3-1 though, LR:bleen:

Dyani
June 10th, 2006, 02:56 PM
Poor Paraguay :(
Its quite funny watching them shake hands at the beginning, its like *Yes, we love each other and we are going for a nice, clean game* and then they kick the noodles out of each other given half a chance!!!
:lol: I LOVE THE IRONY!

Lion Roar
June 10th, 2006, 03:01 PM
Well, the match was actually boring... Hope that now Sweeden score a lot of goals and we can see a better match.

Neola
June 10th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Nahhh, Trinity/Tobago for the win!
(Not that I believe they will but I don't begrudge it to them...)

King Simba
June 10th, 2006, 03:07 PM
Yeah, ended 1-0 to England. Was pretty much boring second half. First half wasn't too bad I guess, although it could've been a lot better I think. :p

Dyani
June 10th, 2006, 04:27 PM
I have a theory.. *My GOSH A THEROY????* Yes indeed.

The football team a person supports if they do tempory supporting of one team in a match.. is the team from the plcae they would prefer to be. Does that makes sense Neola? :p Yes anyway. thats why I temporalily supported Ecuador, Paraguay and Trinidad/Tobago. hey, they are in TROPICAL locations!!!! Who wouldn't want that?? :p

Anyway... i'm making a load of nonsense, you guys can carry on talking footy now :vitsm:

Neola
June 10th, 2006, 04:49 PM
Originally posted by Dyani
Does that makes sense Neola?
Sense? What's that:confused::lol:

Well, yeah it kinda makes sense...not always though...I can imagine some people support their own country even though if asked, they'd rather live in the Carribbean or something...does that make sense?

Dyani
June 10th, 2006, 05:11 PM
Perfect Sense Most Mighty Neola :p and thats a better theory than mine too :gasp: dammit!

Neola
June 10th, 2006, 05:14 PM
Haha, bow down, mortal :bleen:

Well, I support Brazil not because I'd like to live there (yes I do but that's not the point)...hmm...what's the point then? I don't really know why I support it...:confused: I'll get back to ya when I've though about it, kay? :hehe:

:p

Dare
June 10th, 2006, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Neola

No seriously, I think Brazil will win in spite of your lil' voodoo curses Wicked, they're just too good. :p

I fear you may be right. ;)
It's not that I don't think they're a good team or anything...it's just that I regard them as being the soccer/football equiv. of the Yankees. Most people I know root for them just because it's "the thing to do", just like Yankees fans do here...then again, if you're not a Yankees fan where I live, there's a good chance you'd get your *** kicked.

Lion Roar
June 10th, 2006, 06:01 PM
Well, Sweeden couldn't score any goal xD. In conclussion, my predictions are always wrong, haha :p

Anyway, everytime I watch a match, I'm more convinced that Brazil will win the World Cup. It's just too much better than the other teams.

Neola
June 10th, 2006, 07:44 PM
Oh yes they are sooo wrong! :lol:

2:0 for Argentina ^^

Lion Roar
June 10th, 2006, 08:59 PM
Haha, I'm not good at predicting results I guess :lol: But well, at least Didier Drogba did score a goal. :) And anyway, I'm happy that Argentina won.

This Land
June 10th, 2006, 11:40 PM
WOOT GO ENGLAND

1-0, *chants*

pareaguay (however you spell it :P) scored a own goal :lol:

Sombolia
June 11th, 2006, 07:48 AM
I, apparently, know nothing about football, because clearly Americans are too good for it. We have American Football, which is obviously better, because Americans love violence. Go Raiders!

[/sarcasm]

But seriously, I had no clue this was even going on. Sad much?

Alex kile
June 11th, 2006, 11:08 AM
who do you think will win out of Australia and Japan

Neola
June 11th, 2006, 11:09 AM
That's a hard one...I'd go with a tie :D

Alex kile
June 11th, 2006, 11:12 AM
one problem we got stuck with brazil

Neola
June 11th, 2006, 11:15 AM
Oh you're Australian, right...good luck with that one :lol:

Alex kile
June 11th, 2006, 11:21 AM
:confused: And what's so wrong with that?

Neola
June 11th, 2006, 11:24 AM
With what? Being Australian? Nothing, I was referring to the fact that IT'S YOUR TEAM who has to play against Brazil (and thus I was wishing you good luck :p )

Alex kile
June 11th, 2006, 11:26 AM
the big problem is that boath teams have the same coloured uiniforms:worried:

Neola
June 11th, 2006, 11:30 AM
Hmm...maybe you guys can manage to confuse the Brazilian team.....and.....WIN! :D

(Well, maybe just confuse...;) )

Alex kile
June 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM
:lol:

Alex kile
June 11th, 2006, 11:38 AM
I hope we can hold Our owen aginced THE best team in the world.
But we would threash them a cricket ha ha.

Neola
June 11th, 2006, 04:59 PM
indeed, ha ha! :lol:

Iran - Mexico 1:1
Who do you think will win?

Daniel
June 11th, 2006, 05:32 PM
Iran - they'll just nuke the place if they lose ;)

Neola
June 11th, 2006, 05:45 PM
Wow, haven't thought of that yet...:lol:

Well, we'll see in 4 minutes...3:1 for Mexico :evilgrin:

Daniel
June 11th, 2006, 06:17 PM
it looks like 3-1 to mexico

Iran will NOT be pleased :o

Neola
June 11th, 2006, 06:20 PM
Well the place's still existant, so...:uhno:

Next game: Portugal - Angola...Portugal will win, let's say...2:0 :thinks:

1-0 to Portugal so far...^^

ThiagoPE
June 11th, 2006, 08:03 PM
voodoo curses

And seems these voodoo curses really are having effect this year....

Dare
June 11th, 2006, 08:51 PM
Originally posted by Daniel
Iran - they'll just nuke the place if they lose ;)

Just heard on the news that there have been concerns that there may be terrorist threats/action taken against the Iran soccer team.

How's that for the opposite side of the coin?
;)

Lion Roar
June 12th, 2006, 02:55 PM
The match between Australia and Japan has just finished. Although Japan was winning 1-0 during almost all the match, the aussies were very brave and they score 3 goals in the last ten minutes! It was quite surprising, and well, I just wish good luck to the aussie national team, cause they play good football today :cheese:

Neola
June 12th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Just heard on the news that there have been concerns that there may be terrorist threats/action taken against the Iran soccer team.

How's that for the opposite side of the coin?
;)
Did you know that the Iran team is currently staing at MY CITY?
They live in a hotel not far away from where I live...:eek:

@Thiago: Why d'you think so? They didn't even play so far.

And yeah Those three goals were great, I didn' expect that *gives thumbs up for Australia*:cheese:

Lion Roar
June 12th, 2006, 06:16 PM
And yeah Those three goals were great, I didn' expect that *gives thumbs up for Australia*:cheese:

I didn't expect them either, that's why I were really surprised. The main reason that they scored that goals was that the Japanese players were too exhausted (they lost some opportunities to score more goals because of that) and well, Australia then with a lot of courage and luck (cause the Japanese goalkeeper was really bad at the first aussie goal), could draw the match. After that, they got really energetic and excited after scoring a goal that they just *destroyed* Japan by using their speed and taking advantage of their tireness and their lack of confidence (after being drawed only a few minutes before the match ended). So anyway, I saw a good team and I really think Australia can go into the next round (in second place, after Brazil of course :evilgrin:). Guus Hiddink really made a good job with this team.

In the other match, Czech Republic defeated USA, 3-0. USA demonstrated once again that it still has to improve a lot if they really want to win any soccer cup. And Czech Republic, well, it has a good team, though they didn't play very well either, I mean, they didn't play as well as in the 2004 Euro Cup, but I think they hadn't show all their potential yet (except from Thomas Rosicky, who scored two awesome goals, specially the first one!)

So well, this night at 21.00 (local time, GMT+1) will be held the match between Italy and Ghana. I think Italy will win easily, a 2-0 would be a probable result.

Neola
June 12th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Yeah, Thomas Rosicky's awesome...and Jan Koller, that colossus :lol:

And I think Italy will defeat Ghana 2:1 :hmm:

Amaryllis
June 12th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Oh wow you guys should see us here in holland, it looks like we and germany are enemies for life ore something oO holland is full of football stuff and wow, it drives me nuts, and all those hate commercials to germany, yeah, i dont like football.. >.>

Lion Roar
June 12th, 2006, 08:55 PM
Originally posted by Lion Roar
I think Italy will win easily, a 2-0 would be a probable result.
W00t, my first right prediction! :D

Alex kile
June 12th, 2006, 10:08 PM
there our socceroos he he I should whacth the replay

ThiagoPE
June 13th, 2006, 11:59 AM
@Thiago: Why d'you think so? They didn't even play so far.

I don?t have a technical explanation for that, but in all other cups brazil winned, it got to enter it with dificulties (like being the last one in the eliminatory score) this time they entred very easily, so , i just have this predictement that the favouritism, will make a heavy in their shoulders then they will lose good oportunities to win a match

Mizani
June 13th, 2006, 12:59 PM
Booyah, go Aussie! *ahem*
Most Australians, are going crazy in celebration and disbelief, but thats the thing. We're so shocked by this win, cause our record in the World Cup, isn't exactly good. I wonder how the ol' Aussie spirit shall fare when we face Brazil.

Alex kile
June 13th, 2006, 01:01 PM
If we played Brazil like we played Japan I think we can hold our heads up high.

Neola
June 13th, 2006, 02:32 PM
Originally posted by Amaryllis
Oh wow you guys should see us here in holland, it looks like we and germany are enemies for life ore something oO holland is full of football stuff and wow, it drives me nuts, and all those hate commercials to germany, yeah, i dont like football.. >.>
Seriously? We don't have any hate commecials against any other country this year...though 4 years ago I remember there was a very popular song over here..."We'll go to the World Cup without Holland" or something, meh, that really sucked...more than ever since I don't even want Germany to win.
http://www.cearainvest.com/Brasilien.gif
:D

@Mizani: Yeah, wasn't this Australia's first (three) goals(s) ? XD

And nice prediction LR:evilgrin:
We were betting money at school today, yes real money:gasp:
I'm gonna go broke if I keep on doing this but I guess I'm addicted. There's quite a lot to win though...This is what I bet:
Togo-South Korea: 1:2
Brazil-Croatia: 4:0 (w00t, go Brazil!!!)
France-Swizerland: 1:1
Ukraina-Spain: Don' remember 2:1 or so...
Tunesia- Saudi Arabia: don't remember either, 2:0 I think
Germany-Poland: 3:0

Neola
June 13th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Togo-South Korea: 1:2

YES! :D
Got my whole money back now...let's see if I can actually WIN something:evilgrin:

Neola
June 13th, 2006, 06:24 PM
France-Swizerland: 1:1

Aww...0:0...not the exact results but still...It's still a tie...^^

ThiagoPE
June 13th, 2006, 09:01 PM
now the brazilo match finished i can say a thing: this match 9for brasil) was MEDIOCRE!

If brazil continues playing that way is possible it don pass even to the frist part of world cup.

Lion Roar
June 13th, 2006, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by ThiagoPE
now the brazilo match finished i can say a thing: this match 9for brasil) was MEDIOCRE!

If brazil continues playing that way is possible it don pass even to the frist part of world cup.

I agree that Brazil didn't play well but, you know, the other countries haven't played really well either, first match is always very tough. And appart from that, Brazil has a great quality players, even if the team isn't playing well, they may score a goal at any moment (like today Kaka did). So I still think Brazil will win, and I'm looking forward to seeing the next match, I'm sure they will play better.

Mizani
June 14th, 2006, 06:53 AM
@Mizani: Yeah, wasn't this Australia's first (three) goals(s) ? XD
Hehe, yeah. Australia's better at Cricket:uhno:

Neola
June 14th, 2006, 10:49 AM
Yeah, this was not what I'd have expacted and I'm sure Brazil can do much better, hopefully very soon.

Btw, did you see that croatian fan running onto the field yesterday? :lol:

ThiagoPE
June 14th, 2006, 12:25 PM
Btw, did you see that croatian fan running onto the field yesterday? :lol: [/B]

Is quite interesting we register this: the official tv from fifa did not showed the croatian fan in the field (in that moment they only showed the players stoped in the field), only the tvs stations that had their own cameras showed this.

I think fifa should not done this, hidding one of its security fails...

The interesting was that croatian fan waiving with the hands , was like saing "i got pas from your security, no one will come here and arrest me?"

The lucky he was just a fan, but if were a terrorist ....

Tiikeri
June 14th, 2006, 05:52 PM
For Neola ;)
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v280/dannyp1987/Germany.gif

Neola
June 14th, 2006, 05:57 PM
NEEEIIIIN!!!:eek:
http://img473.imageshack.us/img473/3162/brazil7fz.png
For the real win. ;)

Lion Roar
June 14th, 2006, 06:36 PM
Is quite interesting we register this: the official tv from fifa did not showed the croatian fan in the field (in that moment they only showed the players stoped in the field), only the tvs stations that had their own cameras showed this.

I think fifa should not done this, hidding one of its security fails...

The interesting was that croatian fan waiving with the hands , was like saing "i got pas from your security, no one will come here and arrest me?"

The lucky he was just a fan, but if were a terrorist ....

Yes, that security men are stupid, I mean, there is one of them every a few metres and they couldn't stop him before he entered the field? C'mon, they'd better take their job seriously, cause some day may happen something worse.

Anyway, there have been two matches today, and well, Spain defeated Ukraine for 4-0, and well, I could only see a few minutes of the match (when they score the first two goals) at university, and couldn't see anymore cause I had an exam. :grrr: Well, as far as I saw, they played very well. And then there was a 2-2 draw between Tunisia and Arabia (I saw a few minutes of it and was too boring to watch haha).
And this night, Germany will have another match, this time against Poland. I think Germany will win 2-0.

Tiikeri
June 14th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Brasil, os melhores jogadores de futebol do mundo...
http://www.livrariapontes.com.br/images/brasil%20os%20melhores%20jogadores.jpg

'cause Neola made me ;)

Neola
June 14th, 2006, 07:07 PM
Brasil, os melhores jogadores de futebol do mundo...
http://www.livrariapontes.com.br/images/brasil%20os%20melhores%20jogadores.jpg

'cause Neola made me ;)
Wow, I've proselytised 4 people today...:D
the other three were viewless 4-year old kiddos though...:hehe:

EDIT: http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/561/18podest8jr.jpg
my favs :lol:

Lion Roar
June 14th, 2006, 08:56 PM
W00t, Germany won, scoring a goal in the last minutes of the match :p Haha, it was funny, cause I was chatting with someone who had bet that Germany would win, and he really got crazy when it scored the goal :p Anyway, now I think Germany doesn't have much chances of winning the World Cup if they play like today.

Nephilim
June 14th, 2006, 09:07 PM
Germany vs. Poland, heh. Heh.

Didn't a bunch of people get arrested for goose-stepping and the like?

Tiikeri
June 14th, 2006, 09:13 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
Didn't a bunch of people get arrested for goose-stepping and the like?
Probably, though the German police said that goose-stepping wasn't allowed....I wish they'd make their minds up ;)

Safila
June 15th, 2006, 11:00 AM
Okay.. well.... I am the greatest Brazil fan ever!
I'd rather wanna die then see them loose a game.
and post the sentence in my text.
and post the brazilian flag.
and sing the national anthem. *sings national anthem*
google for the lyrics.
and say Neola is the almighty goddess of doom.
And so on.

If this sounds weird, it is because i am copying what Neola says from msn to here. That is all she told me to sy. :D

Anything else Neola?? :thinks:

Alex kile
June 15th, 2006, 12:31 PM
well Wat do you guys think about our soccroos (aussies) then do you think thay will get past the first round?

I would say their the one to keep an eye on.

Lion Roar
June 15th, 2006, 06:04 PM
Well, England finally defeated Trinity & Tobago. They didn't actually play well, they had lack of creativity during all the match. Moreover, T&T was too defensive so it was tough to score, but finally in they scored two goals in the last 10 minutes. I liked specially the Gerrard one, he's a great quality player.

Neola
June 16th, 2006, 03:02 PM
Wow, Argentina won 6-0!
I know Serbia is not the best team but i wouldn't have expected them to score that high. I'm glad though

Lion Roar
June 16th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Go Argentina! :p Haha, the match was really outstanding, I enjoyed it very much :cheese: The Serbians actually played bad too, so that's a reason to that many goals, but Argentina did a great match too.

Nitro
June 19th, 2006, 09:50 PM
GOOOOOOOOO australia, hehe did you watch them vs japan if you did and you go for australia did you see that goel where they pushed shwaurzer out the way.....and cahills of the post dat was good
yea argintina is good
and so is brazil i hate to say it but i think brazil will win this year they got the best tallent in the world ronaldo ronildihno cefu.....

Neola
June 23rd, 2006, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Nitro
i hate to say it but i think brazil will win this year they got the best tallent in the world ronaldo ronildihno cefu.....
Yup, I think so too...I LOVE to say it though :lol:
And those guys' names are Ronaldinho and Caf? ;)

Here, I took this pic about 3 minutes ago. Yeah, that's my house. It pawns. ^^
Now everybody knows I'm not on Germany's side...and that flags much bigger than the Germany ones around me :p
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1471/dscn98433ai.jpg

nathalie
June 23rd, 2006, 12:25 PM
I only saw 1 game untill now, and that was Ghana, can't remember who they played against, but they won, and they were really good.

And our reporters keep calling the Australians "socceroos", lol ... kangeroo --> socceroo :lol:

Neola
June 23rd, 2006, 12:30 PM
I only saw 1 game untill now, and that was Ghana, can't remember who they played against, but they won, and they were really good.

And our reporters keep calling the Australians "socceroos", lol ... kangeroo --> socceroo :lol:
Ghana agaist USA I think.
They're next playing against Brazil (haha, good luck btw) and they SERIOUSLY think they're gonna win! :lol:

And yeah, the Aussies are called socceroos here too, they even get free drinks in some bars.

Alex kile
June 23rd, 2006, 10:56 PM
AUSTRALIA MADE THE SECOND ROUND! YES!

Well that's the teams name and odd names are not just restricted to soccer.
Hockey- Kookaburras
Rugby union- Wallabies
Rugby luge- Kangaroos
Soccer- Socceroos

Now we have to beat Italy.

simba2662
June 24th, 2006, 01:25 AM
GO THE SOCCEROOS, BRING ON ITALY

Neola
June 24th, 2006, 05:59 PM
Guess who won...
Yaaaaaaay for Germany -_-

Monai
June 24th, 2006, 06:16 PM
If it's any consolation Neola, I have to deal with England tomorrow, and if it's possible, I loathe them even more than you with Germany.

Lucy Lioness
June 24th, 2006, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Monai
If it's any consolation Neola, I have to deal with England tomorrow, and if it's possible, I loathe them even more than you with Germany.

I'm soooo glad I'm not the only one! :D The football is driving me mad. I'm sick of it. I'm also glad that I don't live with my dad anymore, he has a slight hearing problem he won't admit to - and every time England score (lol) the volume goes up. Shaun and I both hate football, so our place is a football free zone.:D

But yeah, this isn't a football hate thread so I'll leave it at that, lol.

Lion Roar
June 24th, 2006, 10:23 PM
Hmm well, today started the second round. In the first match, Germany defeated Sweden for 2-0, in a really easy match, easier than anyone would expect. Also Swedish player Henrik Larsson missed a penalty kick... It was too bad, cause it was his last match at the Swedish National Team, and a player like him would have deserved better luck at this match. :(
In the second match, Argentina defeated Mexico for 2-1, it was a very tough match, Argentina didn't play well and I was really nervous, but I finally survived to the match (didn't die of a heart attack during it) and I have to say that if we play like that, we will loose to Germany in our next match :hmm:

ThiagoPE
June 25th, 2006, 10:04 PM
http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1471/dscn98433ai.jpg [/B]

So nice!
here almost all house, buildings, anywhere have the brazilian flag or anything in green and yellow to remeber the world cup hehehehehe

Well, but i still not very hopefiull with our team, they started play fine after japan made that goal, if that was a "slap" to wake upo them, nice, but if not... we don?t go past portugal .... (yes, i think portugal will will from england)

Neola
June 26th, 2006, 12:48 PM
In the second match, Argentina defeated Mexico for 2-1, it was a very tough match, Argentina didn't play well and I was really nervous, but I finally survived to the match (didn't die of a heart attack during it) and I have to say that if we play like that, we will loose to Germany in our next match :hmm:
Yeah, Argentina didn't play that well...I would've expected much more actually. But I'm glad they made it anyways and I hope they'll kick Germany's butt next time :evilgrin:

So nice!
here almost all house, buildings, anywhere have the brazilian flag or anything in green and yellow to remeber the world cup hehehehehe
Thanks ^^
We have the same here though...flags everywhere...too bad they're all Germany flags -_-
I have 3 of those flags and a few smaller ones :P I also have loads of Brazilian styled clothes (which I'm also wearing atm ) and a self made tatoo :lol:

And don't worry, Brazil will DEFIANTELY defeat Ghana tomorrow and whoever may come next. They showed what they're capable of when playing against Japan (well, at least after that accident goal as I call it =P )

But we could have Brazil in the semi-finals? Darnit lol, we're screwed ...
Yup.:D

Tiikeri
June 26th, 2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
Darnit lol, we're screwed :p ...
Not necessarily, Brazil are overrated in my eyes. Ok, they have a very talented squad, but it's not the team on paper, it's the team on the pitch that counts. And if the Brazilians get complacent about all the hype they're getting, then they'll be over confident and then get boshed by whoever is playing them.

And FWIW, since England made it to the knockout stages, I'm pinning colours to the mast and supporting England. We've got to win something sometime. Obviously I'm not getting my hopes up or anything since it's England, but whoever they're playing next, I hope England can get a win.

Neola
June 27th, 2006, 03:14 PM
First goal for Brazil! :D

I'm watching the match on Brazilian TV btw, which is far more interesting than the German version :p

Who of you thinks Ghana'll win, huh? =P

Lion Roar
June 27th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Yes Brazil won today. They showed that without making a "Jogo bonito", they have very talentous players that are very effective when they have the chance to score a goal. But what I didn't like about Brazil was their defenders, they were really bad and gave a lot of space to the Ghana players, who didn't score 'cause they are bad at shooting. I think that Brazil should improve their defense for the next match, 'cause France has very dangerous players, as they showed tonight, when they eliminated Spain.
Talking about the other matches, I have seen a strong Germany (a bit slowly in defense though), a irregular Argentina, a "lazy" and very defensive Italy, a weak Ucrania (who reached the quarterfinals just because Switzerland missed all the penalty kicks), England can play better, Portugal was good but will miss some important players for the next match... I don't know, but I think that Brazil will have to improve a lot if it wants to win the World Cup; however, none of the other teams are playing well on every match, they're being irregular... And the most regular one, at the moment, is Germany. Because of that, and because they play at home, they may be the champions... Anyway, in football, anything can happen, we never know.

Tiikeri
June 27th, 2006, 09:44 PM
Shock win for France today, I was expecting Spain to run away with it, but it wasn't meant to be.

http://img133.imageshack.us/img133/1471/dscn98433ai.jpg
How many bloody rooftiles does a German house need!? o_O

Neola
June 28th, 2006, 01:33 PM
Yeah, I also thought Spain would win....but as you said, Lion Roar, you never know...

How many bloody rooftiles does a German house need!? o_O
Why, that's normal over here :p And have you noticed...the rooftiles are green and the house is yellow...what does that remind you of, eh?

Here's a little help...my room...:
http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/3865/dscn98384ff.jpg
my fav part of my room...yup, that's a hammock...hmm...what could those colors stand for...:thinks:

http://img490.imageshack.us/img490/6552/dscn98432rw.jpg
clothes...green and yellow again...XD

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5952/dscn98413ch.jpg
some other stuff...like shoes, socks and the like...

http://img230.imageshack.us/img230/5927/dscn98444co.jpg
a wooden parrot (bought in Brazil) and a huge photo of Foz do Igua?u
in Brazil :D
...damnit I shared too much :p

btw...my room has been like that for 3 years now so it's not only because of the World Cup. (Well, the clothes are, yes :p )

EDIT: I forgot to say something...

I HATE BRAZIL!!!!! :lol:

Snuffles
June 28th, 2006, 01:38 PM
It was a shame that Henke Larsson missed that penalty shoot that could have brought us back into the game but its not the end of the world which alot of the media here seems to think..well just after the loss anyways.

I am happy that sweden got out of the group at all.

Neola
June 30th, 2006, 05:43 PM
NO! :( :tears:
Argentina played SO well, they didn't deserve to lose at all. Germany only won because of the penalty...the world is so unfair!

Tiikeri
June 30th, 2006, 05:54 PM
Well done to Germany, they deserved to win. And it seems the Argentinians haven't changed one iota, starting a brawl afterwards....fecking sore losers, get over it. It's only football.

Lion Roar
June 30th, 2006, 06:09 PM
Not all the Argentinians are like that Tiikeri, but well. And I don't think they deserved to loose either, I think Germany and Argentina played more or less at the same level, and they won in the penalties (where everything can happen). Moreover, the referee was bad (like in the Brazil-Ghana match), but anyway, I'm not blaming anyone for the *expected* defeat.

BTW, I think that the final will be Germany-Brazil, and the South Americans will win.

A-non-a-mus
June 30th, 2006, 06:14 PM
BTW, I think that the final will be Germany-Brazil, and the South Americans will win.

I agree there... those two seem to be the two most likely... though... the others still do have a chance ... anything can happen...

I'm voting for Brazil ;)

nathalie
July 1st, 2006, 05:50 PM
That last penalty from Portugal was so unfair.

The dude stops twice while walking before he actually hit the ball.

That's just so wrong in my opinion. Misleading the keeper.

This Land
July 1st, 2006, 05:51 PM
England has been knocked out :(
They tried, but they have been shot down.

Come on England for the world cup 2010 !!!! :D

Tiikeri
July 1st, 2006, 05:59 PM
The dude stops twice while walking before he actually hit the ball.

That's just so wrong in my opinion. Misleading the keeper.
Christiano Ronaldo is a see you next tuesday, nothing more to say. Mind you he plays for Manchester United so what can you expect?

Unlucky England, you certainly didn't disgrace yourselves today. You kept your heads high even after the Rooney and Beckham incidents. And as a Welshman I can say I'm very proud of you, you went down fighting, and you did the whole of the UK proud. Well done.

nathalie
July 1st, 2006, 06:04 PM
I didn't see the game though, only the penalty's, lol.

Watching a DVD, and the DVD just ended when the penalty's started, hehe.

Guntur
July 1st, 2006, 06:08 PM
At least they tried though. There's too much emotional in myspace.

Lion Roar
July 1st, 2006, 09:51 PM
STL, the decision of making Carragher to retake the penalty was fair, cause the previous one was kicked before the referee ordered to do it, and so he had to take it again.

BTW, Brazil loose too :O, that's really surprising, cause well, they haven't been playing very well lately, but no one thought they would loose in quarterfinals. This World Cup is kinda strange, really haha, so I won't do any prediction, cause I think everyone have chances of winning it.

Nephilim
July 1st, 2006, 11:16 PM
I laugh at all people who claim that England were cheated/robbed/whatever. We bloody lost, get over it.

Stormfury
July 2nd, 2006, 03:42 AM
I kinda like this guy:

http://us.i1.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/i/fifa/06/e/mascot2.jpg

: D'

HasiraKali
July 2nd, 2006, 03:46 AM
That thing reminds me of Bear from Bear in the Big Blue House. :lol: But as a lion. With a hint of camel. :hmm: I was kind of surprised that Brazil lost as well. Though I can't wait to rub it in my coworker's face on Wednesday. :evilgrin:

Guntur
July 2nd, 2006, 03:49 AM
All it left now is new challange ;). I don't really care about national team but the match and the challange.

HasiraKali
July 2nd, 2006, 03:51 AM
Yeah I don't really have a team I'm going for. I just like to watch the matches. :D Though I do have a soft spot for Italy. *hides Totti jersey* ;)

Guntur
July 2nd, 2006, 03:54 AM
Totti..... hmmm.......[Homer Simpsons]
Well I'm hope Italy will face France on final ;).

HasiraKali
July 2nd, 2006, 03:56 AM
That would be an interesting match. I wouldn't know who to root for. :lol: Probably both.

nathalie
July 2nd, 2006, 08:15 AM
That's not the referee's fault.

As a player, you *must* know, that you need to wait for the whistle.
There's just no discussion possible about that, it's the way it is, and he should have known that.

nathalie
July 2nd, 2006, 08:29 AM
You can turn it around in any possible way you like, and you'll still get the same result "he should have waited for the whistle".

Weather he whistles 1 second after the player is ready, or 10 seconds.
That's just how it is, and every player should/must know that.

And I personally didn't think the referee waited too long with him, like you are saying. But hey, that's just me, hehe.

If you wanna argue about referee's, watch the last game The Netherlands played, then you'll have something to blame on the ref, haha. I've never seen so many yellow and red cards pop up in 1 game o_O

Guntur
July 2nd, 2006, 08:34 AM
^That was memoriable match ever, 19 cards including 4 players end out of the game. :idiot:

Neola
July 2nd, 2006, 09:14 AM
Brazil lost and no way would I have expected this :(
That's sad, really...but at the end of the day it's just football.

Even though I'd hate to see it, I think Germany will win ( I actually had this slight fear before but now that Brazil's out it's not unlikely to become truth...)

Damnit, I hate football :p

Nephilim
July 2nd, 2006, 11:08 AM
Hey, which part of the goalie standing still with his arms raised in the air while Carragher kicked the ball before he should of makes you think that he should have been allowed that goal? :/

Nephilim
July 2nd, 2006, 04:07 PM
Not someone, something. Say... the rules of football?

Guntur
July 2nd, 2006, 04:20 PM
You're not into football much huh Nephilim? just asking.

Nephilim
July 2nd, 2006, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by Phoenix
You're not into football much huh Nephilim? just asking.

No, I'd go as far as saying I hate it.

Nephilim
July 2nd, 2006, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
Hmm lol, I've never heard of the rule saying you have to "stand still with [your] arms raised in the air"...

Go back, re-read, make an appropriate comment.

ThiagoPE
July 3rd, 2006, 12:24 AM
the brazil match was just unbeliavable for me... they were not playing well sinve the start of the cup. but that match was... terrible...
Seemed more that that match was just an "friendily" match that a match valid for world cup quarter finals....

France deserved to win, even with more goals that that one...
And zidane prooved that he is the "killer" of brazilteam, sure he never will be forgot here

Zidane fez o brasil se danar

Leopatra
July 4th, 2006, 07:03 AM
I live in one of the cities were the Worldcup takes place, and I have to say it's really great, a cool experience ;) So many football fans... They are mostly nice and party, the only exception were the Fans from England who were randomly molesting people... :P

I am not german but since Austria didn't make it even into the WorldCup X) I hope Germany wins.

Dare
July 4th, 2006, 07:30 PM
It would appear that my voodoo dolls worked.
*halo*

Actually, I've missed a lot of the World Cup since I've been running around so much...I've only seen snippets here and there on sports bar television...but apparently Germany is playing Italy right as I type this, so I'm going to switch the TV on now.

Tiikeri
July 4th, 2006, 09:40 PM
Germany 0 - 2 Italy

2 goals by Italy in the last 2 minutes of the 2nd half of extra time, how much more cruel can you get? It's a shame to see Deutschland out of it, I half wanted them to go all the way, but it wasn't meant to be. Both teams played out of their skins tonight, it was sad to see a loser team at the end.

So then, the final. Italy are there, and they'll be against the winner of the Portugal v France game, and the way I want it to be is this....France stuff Portugal in the semis, then get to the final and get stuffed by the Italians. That would suit me fine :evilgrin:

HasiraKali
July 4th, 2006, 10:23 PM
I will now admit to cheering and dancing after the first Italian goal. :lol: I had a flashback when they showed the Circus Maximus in Rome right after the match was over. :D Awesome.

Neola
July 5th, 2006, 10:46 AM
Yup, that's exactly what I had wished to happen...bye,bye, Germany :D
Though...I don't really care who'll win anymore, since Brazil's out :(

nathalie
July 5th, 2006, 10:47 AM
Talk about luck, making 2 goals in the last 5 minutes.

Son-Goku
July 5th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Make that 2 goals in aprox one minute. And ooooh yes. So wanted Italy to win this one. They had more ball possesion, and i think they dominated. Bye bye Germany :D. I should have rested last night since i had exams today, but watching Italy win like that made up for it :P. Next up, Portugal will win. It's all going as planned, hehe XD

ThiagoPE
July 5th, 2006, 11:26 AM
[...]since Brazil's out :(

Well, there still have Luis Felipe Scolari as portugal Coach, so brazil now is going with portugal

Neola
July 5th, 2006, 11:35 AM
Well, there still have Luis Felipe Scolari as portugal Coach, so brazil now is going with portugal
Yeah, I know...that's why I tend to go for Portugal aswell...but then again...Didn't Scolari leave the Brazilian team for money after they had won?

ThiagoPE
July 5th, 2006, 12:29 PM
oh yes! the dream of any worker of football (players, coaches, technical crew, etc...) is work for an euro team for receive in euros... (brazilian reais are to much devaluated for them. heheheheeh )

http://files.thpe.net/Thiago/felipaoeuros.jpg (http://charges.uol.com.br/2006/06/22/disco-selecoes-internacionais/)

Neola
July 5th, 2006, 12:38 PM
:lol::lol:

But that's true...Real and Euro prices are about the same...only 1 Euro is worth 3 Reais, which means you get three times as much.

Tiikeri
July 5th, 2006, 09:03 PM
Portugal 0 - 1 France

Goodbye you dirty Portuguese scum :D

Now for Italy to bosh France in the final, and I'll be happy :evilgrin:

Son-Goku
July 5th, 2006, 09:13 PM
*Darth Vader scream* nuuuuuuuuuuu DX . France, nuu. Oh man, darn. Just came home from downtown, watched the whole thing. *sigh* oh well... Italy... beat the hell out of em ! :D

nafklt
July 6th, 2006, 03:08 PM
Let's go France!! w00!! :cheese:
Durn, I feel left out... :p

Guntur
July 7th, 2006, 06:30 AM
Wow, there's so many users vandalize Cristiano Ronaldo and Wayne Rooney page in Wikipedia :\. I guess the fight never over huh?

nathalie
July 7th, 2006, 06:35 AM
yeah, and soccer (football for Tiikeri :p ) is supposed to be fun ^_^

Guntur
July 7th, 2006, 07:03 AM
Well the professional said that Football(soccer) can make Male gender cry. :idiot: That's why I barely see my brother cry front of me:idiot: except for hot football season :idiot:

sanngi_kujieleza
July 9th, 2006, 10:48 AM
umm Portugal lost the third place to GERMANY!!.. noo... poor Portugal.. *hugs Christiano*..

ThiagoPE
July 9th, 2006, 03:18 PM
my opinion is that Italia will win this cup, eve knowing that will be hard win fom zidan.... i mean france

Guntur
July 9th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Italiaaaaaa...... Spegetti, Pasta, Ferrari, Chevrolet, Pizza, Mama Mia.... err. Amo.. opps... yeah....

Dyani
July 9th, 2006, 09:18 PM
Italy won guys :p

Son-Goku
July 9th, 2006, 09:41 PM
Oh and what a sweet victory it was. I shall make pizza tomorrow in their honour XD. France... go home . Italy, you can stay and celebrate a while longer :D

Tiikeri
July 9th, 2006, 10:03 PM
Well done to Italy, it turned out just how I wanted it. Both the frogs and the Portuguese out! :]

Neola
July 10th, 2006, 10:30 AM
Both the frogs and the Portuguese out! :]
Not to forget the English :bleen: :lol:

Anyways, I didn't really care who won, so it's alright I guess...

Tiikeri
July 10th, 2006, 11:53 AM
Not to forget the English :bleen: :lol:
Was that really in any doubt though?

Neola
July 10th, 2006, 12:36 PM
Was that really in any doubt though?
Hmm...now that you say it...:thinks:
Not really, no :lol:

Prince Simba
July 11th, 2006, 03:25 AM
Oh my god. I hate Zidane, really. That man is evil. And I'm so glad Italy won. I'm almost half Italian, so I'm a little biased, but that's okay.

nafklt
July 11th, 2006, 05:32 AM
Head-butt! Whoa.. that must've hurt. :P

Prince Simba
July 11th, 2006, 05:40 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
Head-butt! Whoa.. that must've hurt. :P

I kind of figure it hurt both of them. Zidane must've hurt his head and Materazzi because Zidane probably hit pretty hard.

Materazzi must've said something horrible to make him do that. But IMHO, he deserved the red card.

lion_roog
July 11th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Prince Simba
I kind of figure it hurt both of them. Zidane must've hurt his head and Materazzi because Zidane probably hit pretty hard.

Materazzi must've said something horrible to make him do that. But IMHO, he deserved the red card.

it looks like he did one of those soccer head butts, so I doubt Zidane was really feeling it...unless he did it wrong, then you'll feel it...But from watching highlights and a part of a match, I must say that soccer/football/futbol looks awesome!...I like a sport with a lot of emotion and intensity...I will most definately follow the World Cup in 2010...it's 2010, right?

Guntur
July 11th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Well at least he's not regret having a red card because Metarazzi say harsh word to Zidane and then start the drama.

Dare
July 11th, 2006, 12:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v293/Indygo/zidanebutt.gif

Ah Zidane, Zidane, Zidane...what a way to end a career.
However, they've apparently brought lip-readers into the equation now, and if what they've kind of been able to decipher is along the lines of what was actually said, I can understand why Zidane lost his temper.

nafklt
July 11th, 2006, 07:49 PM

Ah Zidane, Zidane, Zidane...what a way to end a career.
However, they've apparently brought lip-readers into the equation now, and if what they've kind of been able to decipher is along the lines of what was actually said, I can understand why Zidane lost his temper.

I'd prolly do the same thing if someone called me that.. >.>

HasiraKali
July 12th, 2006, 01:10 AM
No matter what was said, that's still not cool. It's definately not very sportsman like either.

Dare
July 12th, 2006, 01:03 PM
No, but wishing death upon someone's family and telling them to f-off isn't sportsmanlike either. Materazzi probably would have gotten a red card too if the ref had heard everything.

Can't really say anything about good sportsmanship when thinking about this World Cup anyway...overall, I think this is one of the dirtiest, most unsportsmanlike World Cups I've ever seen. The amount of cards was ludicrous.
O_o

lion_roog
July 12th, 2006, 10:22 PM

Can't really say anything about good sportsmanship when thinking about this World Cup anyway...overall, I think this is one of the dirtiest, most unsportsmanlike World Cups I've ever seen. The amount of cards was ludicrous.
O_o

I know...It was so awesome!...Reminded me of my playing days back when i used to play basketball...:D

Guntur
July 13th, 2006, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by nafklt
I'd prolly do the same thing if someone called me that.. >.>

I nearly do that when my teacher mock me in class
:cheese:
all I say is... Worth IT.