PDA

View Full Version : Elephant Graveyard Theme.

Guntur
April 22nd, 2011, 11:03 AM
I would love to see a dark green Elephant Graveyard theme that will replaced the Hakuna Matata theme. Your thoughts?

Azerane
April 22nd, 2011, 11:35 AM
I have been discussing themes with STM. At this point in time, he doesn't have the time to be adding new themes, but I've been trying to generate some ideas and have one in mind for a graveyard theme. But whether any of them get off the ground is yet unknown. I think STM mentioned perhaps sometime in June he would look at people creating some new themes and seeing something about them then.

I do agree that new themes would be neat, and he was nice to spoil us with a surprise one ;) But at the moment, he simply doesn't have the time to be implimenting them. I'm assuming he'll let us know when he does.

HasiraKali
April 22nd, 2011, 03:43 PM
The themes take a while to make. I was poking around just the style manager last night for the text boxes, and it was really quite time consuming. If only it was more automated. :lol:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
April 22nd, 2011, 04:05 PM
I still have all the relevant pieces for the theme I designed ages ago -

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll144/Adaemus/KOPRThemePeach.jpg

And in blue -

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll144/Adaemus/KOPRThemeBlue.jpg

...but I totally understand that themes aren't exactly top on the agenda right now!

Guntur
April 22nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
If that's available Adam, it should be a baby blue IMO. =)

Nuduli
April 22nd, 2011, 05:00 PM
Oooh that's a pretty theme! Perhaps there could be a list of suggested themes from everyone of what'd they'd like to see and I suppose the staff could see which ones would work? If not, then that was just an idea.

HasiraKali
April 22nd, 2011, 06:24 PM
That's what STM and I were discussing while he was working on the original themes. Once we've all settled in and gotten back to normal for the most part, maybe we can see about adding some themes. Right now though, STM needs a break from all of this coding. Let's just settle in and we can worry about themes in the summer maybe. :)

Sadiki
April 22nd, 2011, 08:12 PM
Yeah, what HK said is true. I could work on more themes, but I feel it's more important to get the flaws fixed first that we have right now. I there is other stuff that consume a lot of my time in near future. Audra's birthday is coming up next week, the week after it's our 6th anniversary together so we probably do some stuff together then and from 9th to 23rd we will be away on our honeymoon and I doubt I concentrate on forum too much while gone. So yeah last week of May or June will be probably time for me to look a little more into themes and such. If thought you want to be creating themes while waiting. Important things are:

1. The Forum logo should be no more than 250px in width.

2. The logo can't be specifically fit to your browser as people have different resolution on their screen. So instead try to create a picture that you can create continuing through out the screen as repetitive. If you use Firefox you can right click around the logo and see how each title works at the moment to get the idea. So basically it should be fitting to code repeat-x which is based on x and y scale. Should be familiar from the math class :D

3. Try to create text that does not clash with the background. The most important thing on the forum is that people can see text right? ( somewhat failed in this during the start up and also with the new outlander theme)

4. If you need Icon's like Pawprints, The Lea Halalela text or Unofficial lion king forums text and have Photoshop on their computer I do have those as psd file that can be obtained by IMing me on MSN or by Emailing me. Also if someone knows what font was used for original Lea I would like to know so it would make informing people easier. The pawprint size used in front page is 35px, new thread is 30px and info pawprint is 16px. Might change this thought because it does a little funny. ;)

5. I do need each color as red, green, blue code. i.e. rgb(60, 20, 20) and arrow pointing on at least one of the spots it's used in. Also don't try to use too many colors as if I have to change patter compered to what we're using, it will take more time and effort.

Once I start making a theme it can be expected to run fully within 24-48h, but can be put in use without icons and such in 3-4h. Have fun creating.

Sombolia
April 22nd, 2011, 09:19 PM
Oh yeah, I think we all understand that real life stuff comes first, and you've already done an amazing amount of work just getting the forum up as it is, so no rush. :lol:

The Graveyard theme idea has been kicking around since the original board, though, and I'd love to see it implemented. I'm going to kick around in Photoshop and see what I can come up with.

King Simba
April 23rd, 2011, 02:22 PM
Yeah, you've already done an amazing job, and themes can be discussed later of course. You can put your feet up and relax for now. ;)

But for the Elephant Graveyard idea, now that it's been brought up... well, I actually have some theme ideas saved on my computer from when we discussed them last time including an Elephant Graveyard type theme, so when I can have access to it again (Leor is using it right now) I'll post them here. :)

EDIT: And here they are:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/bepreparedtheme2.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/scarbanner2.png
With the classic Lea font.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/bepreparedtheme.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v256/simbaspride/scarbanner.png
And a different one.

What do you think? Just an idea for now, of course... xP

Nuduli
April 23rd, 2011, 05:18 PM
O.O I love! Though it might be better with the classic Lea font simply so it matches the other themes?

Guntur
April 23rd, 2011, 05:35 PM
The Icon and the banner are amazing, I guess it should bring a dark green to ease the eyes. (even though the background color aren't too bright which is good.)

Sadiki
April 23rd, 2011, 05:46 PM
Looking good and yeah I agree with Nuduli about the font. It's the best to stick with the original. I wish I knew what the font that Mufasa used in the first place is. Would be heck of a lot easier than cutting it out and reusing it.

I still have quite a bit left on the old themes and the one new theme I created. Gotta get all the buttons and all back and right now I'm not even sure how to edit the size of the tool bar to get those in, but I'll get it done.

I also going to post an attachment in some point for buttons, font ( if we find the correct one ), screen shot to explain what part is what so it's easier for me to change the theme, i.e. regular background rgb(60, 20, 20) = "insert rgb code of new theme regular background" and of course the image file so people can arrange pictures on their own by names they go here so I don't have to do that manually as that is by far the most time consuming process of all... in example the new thread post paw button is called Thread_dot-new-30-right.png which if I have change in billion themes on my own along with about 40 other buttons is very time consuming. Of course I could go around the code finding it too, but I see it more simple this way. :cheese: at least for me........ :evilgrin:

Sombolia
April 27th, 2011, 06:12 AM
STM, you said you had the logo and stuff, do you mind uploading those for me? :)

Sadiki
April 27th, 2011, 07:38 AM
Ok here is a package with everything I have right now. We are still building a few more buttons at the moment so can't include those yet, but I will once I get those.

The numbers on the picture are the color numbers for the part. And when making a theme I need rgb code for each part compared to the main theme
i.e. rgb(60, 20, 20) = rgb(88, 149, 255) If you would want to replace the background with light blue color. This will make my life whole a lot easier when actually installing it.

Paw colors and buttons need to be visible on themes you make, just make them match the colors in your theme if possible.

If you have questions, feel free to PM me or ask in this thread. And also if you happen to know the font of Lea logo, please bring it to our knowledge, it would help great deal :cheese:

Sombolia
April 27th, 2011, 08:02 AM
Awesome, thanks a bunch! I'm gonna mess around in Photoshop and see what I come up with.

I'll have a look around and see if I can figure out the font, too.

Wide Eyed Wanderer
April 27th, 2011, 05:30 PM
Awesome, thanks a bunch! I'm gonna mess around in Photoshop and see what I come up with.

I'll have a look around and see if I can figure out the font, too.

I take it we're not talking about the Ringbearer font...?

Was it the font for the original forum that we're looking for? I can't even remember what that looks like...:lol:

Guntur
April 27th, 2011, 05:44 PM
To think of it, We need a "celebration" theme. :p

Simbaspirit
April 27th, 2011, 05:57 PM
Y'all are so smart with photoshop stuff - all the posted themes look awesome!

Sadiki
April 27th, 2011, 05:59 PM
I take it we're not talking about the Ringbearer font...?

Was it the font for the original forum that we're looking for? I can't even remember what that looks like...:lol:

You know what, that must be it. And yes we're talking about the one previous and current forum is using on logo. Thanks a bunch for that, you might have just made creating new themes A LOT easier. You win +5 internets! Possibly a cake once one of our cake givers gets in to this thread. :hugs:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
April 27th, 2011, 07:28 PM
You know what, that must be it. And yes we're talking about the one previous and current forum is using on logo. Thanks a bunch for that, you might have just made creating new themes A LOT easier. You win +5 internets! Possibly a cake once one of our cake givers gets in to this thread. :hugs:

:D

I assumed we were talking about a different one, but then I was wondering why noone had mentioned Ringbearer!
:lol:

Sadiki
April 27th, 2011, 07:35 PM
:thinks: we probably don't have enough LotR fans :lol:

Wide Eyed Wanderer
April 27th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Can't even remember who told me which font it was, but it was sometime last year. Anyway, at least now everybody knows!