PDA

View Full Version : Lea in mobile phones

ThiagoPE
July 13th, 2013, 05:24 PM
Hi all

I would like to suggest for the admins that lea halalela had the tapatalk plugin installed for allow us acess it using our mobile phones (android and apple).

I had installed it in my brazilian phpbb fórum and my users (myself included) loved the news, so im passing my very good experience with it to here.

By what i know, the instalation and use of it is free (at least for phpbb it is) http://www.tapatalk.com/activate_tapatalk.php?plugin=ipb

nathalie
July 13th, 2013, 06:08 PM
I don't use tapatalk for no forum I visit on my phone. And my screen is pretty tiny, lol.

Most forums do offer a mobile device skin, and Lea has that too, which I use for my phone, and you don't have to scroll left/right anymore eather.
"default mobile style" (you can even choose it on your pc)

ThiagoPE
July 13th, 2013, 06:59 PM
usually such programs like tapatalk have other interesting features:
-Ability to receive pop up/alarm notifications when a thread you are folowing was replied by someone, also for when you receive private message or simply when your name are typed in any thread
-Easy way for sending and atach pictures/multimedia
-Less power/battery, data traffic and mainly ram use (a thing very valuable for people like me that have phone with low memory)

Sadiki
July 15th, 2013, 11:57 PM
As I have no access to a smart phone so I would have no way of testing it. I will see what people say on this thread and if it gets wind under it's wings I'll looking into it...

ThiagoPE
July 16th, 2013, 02:11 AM
petteri, you may emulate android (a mobile phone operational system) in your computer to test, check http://blog.laptopmag.com/create-android-emulator.

Nuduli
September 29th, 2013, 04:48 PM
This is what the site looks like on my Samsung Galaxy S4. Though a Lea mobile app would be pretty convenient. ... If anyone knew how to go about that. xD

nathalie
September 29th, 2013, 07:43 PM
Go to the bottom of the front page, use the drop down menu, and choose default mobile style.

Looks like this on my smartphone, very nice, no scrolling, no images/backgrounds that need to be loaded, and even I as admin have got the same options as I do when being on my laptop.