PDA

View Full Version : Musical Favorite TLKoB Cast?

Gazelle
May 26th, 2006, 03:53 AM
Which cast of Adult Simba, Zazu, Timon, and Pumbaa do you like best?

Just wondering.

i'm just putting the OBC, Gazelle, and Cheetah, sorry for any Dutch, Japanese, ect... fans. Plus other broadway cast fans. if you have other favs, please, by all means, meantion them. And post pictures! Gaz likey pictures

Sorry, i'm just really bored, and no one's talking it seems... :hehe:

HasiraKali
May 26th, 2006, 04:37 AM
You can't expect me to choose between Wallace and Jason. :( That's not fair. :lol:

Sharifu
May 26th, 2006, 07:32 AM
I've only seen the cast with Wallace... XD

Zaya
May 26th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Oh loooook, a new TLKoB related topic...don't you close this one Nathalie!...or anyone else who has the permission ;)...

I can't really choose between those since I haven't seen any...I saw Jason in some clips...He's (or was :( ) just...Jason...classic that you HAVE to love aight :) And I heared Wallace somewhere, but I don't remember where :confused: ;) - amazing too...

But I still love my London cast most most most most most of them all :D...that would be; Eric Mallett as Zazu, Nick Mercer as Timon, Howard Crossley as Pumbaa and Brian Themba Makiwane as Simba....maybe someday I can post pics of them :(

Neola
May 26th, 2006, 01:01 PM
I know none of them except for Jason Raize & Co....
Too bad he had to commit sucide though, his voice was just stunning :(

HasiraKali
May 27th, 2006, 04:28 AM
I actually got to see him in his pre-Simba days. He was Pilate in the Jesus Christ Superstar tour that came here in '95. He was awesome in that too. I remember him being my favourite but I didn't place who he was until later.

Gazelle
May 27th, 2006, 06:58 PM
Ah! Hey, i saw that! That was the first time it came, before the modernized one with Carol Anderson came!

Aw, poor Gazelle tour...no love... :lol:

ERiC MALLETT! *dancing* He was my fav before i met Derek. Why didn't i put that cast in the poll? Stupid Gaz! *slap* ::kuzcovoice:: Bad meerkat

Here's Brian- http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/gazurella/55b3e8e8.jpg

And heeeeere's Eric! in all his beautiful headshot glory-
http://i29.photobucket.com/albums/c277/gazurella/15a62454.gif

:D

Zaya
May 27th, 2006, 07:34 PM
Yeah, Eric is amazing...but uh oh, what is that, bigging up Zazu and making Simba all tiny :lol:

Here - http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/9650/brianmakiwane0ph.gif (http://imageshack.us)

:D ;)

HasiraKali
May 28th, 2006, 06:00 PM
:lol: I was wondering why Brian's pic was all small and stuff. Then I was like... Zaya won't be happy :lol: ;)

Gazelle
May 28th, 2006, 06:22 PM
:p

Because Eric is god thats why!!! :lol:

HasiraKali
May 28th, 2006, 06:24 PM
And Brian isn't? :lol: Where did you get a sampling of Eric? :hmm: ;)

Zaya
May 28th, 2006, 08:35 PM
Uh oh, yeah, Zaya was totally unhappy, making my sweetheart all smalish ;) I've seen Eric, could compare him to Brian...and Brian is still god! :p

HK, where did she get what...the pic? :confused:

HasiraKali
May 29th, 2006, 01:17 AM
I meant where did she see/hear his Zazu. :)

Zaya
May 29th, 2006, 05:38 AM
Aaaa, ups *blushes* :lol: Maybe he was in one of the touring productions too :confused:

HasiraKali
May 29th, 2006, 05:49 AM
Maybe. They seem to go all over the place. :lol: Nathaniel Stampley from London to Cheetah, Wallace from Gazelle to Cheetah etc. :P

Zaya
May 29th, 2006, 08:56 AM
Gugwana Dlamini from London to Cheetah, Brian Makiwane from Los Angeles to London :lol:

HasiraKali
May 29th, 2006, 05:10 PM
Exactly. :lol: It's like they can never leave the show.

Zaya
May 29th, 2006, 05:29 PM
Ah that is nomadic life, traveling from one TLKoB camp to the other :lol: they're born in South Africa for instance then it's the LA-NY-London relation forth and back with all the Cheetah and Gazelle stops in between :lol: Then they come to see mum, back home with 30, looking 40, exhausted, fall to bed and sleep for five months straight ;)

Gazelle
June 5th, 2006, 05:04 PM
AHH :eek: Looky looky at what i just found sitting closed in me inbox!!!!!
sit back and get confortible, long post ahead

From Gaz

Hello there. I'm terribly sorry to bother you. Who knows, you're most likely too busy to be reading emails, especially ones like this. My name is Gaz, I live in San Antonio, Texas. I saw The Lion King here at The Majestic Theater on Thursday, April 20th. I have seen The Lion King many times before. I have to say that you, Wallace, Damian, and Phil by far make up the best and my personal favorite cast I've ever seen do this show.

I was one of the few non family members at the stage door that night, along with my younger brother. In hopes that by some slim you may remember me, I was wearing a very fluffy black skirt, and you gave me many comments on my black and white 5 inch platform heels. I feel so honored for you to have signed my playbill. And then I had the amazing chance to join you for coffee.

My life has always centered around the theater. I plan to continue stage acting (only, no film) as long as I possibly can. What can I say, I'm a slave to the stage.

Anyway, I don't need to continue to bore you any longer, but I want you to know how much I admire you. Please let me know any contact information for Damian Baldet and Phil Fiorini, if you mind. If you don't have their information, please let them both know when you can, as well as Wallace, that there's a young lady in San Antonio who is thinking about them and the performance of each of you that night will always be in my heart!

You're starstruck admire from the south
-Gazelle Garcia
www.myspace.com/gazurella

From Derek

Dear Gaz,

Thank you very much for your complements, and I will certainly pass
this email along to Phil, Damian, and Wallace. It's always good to hear
when a die hard fan approves of what you do with the old bird!

I actually do remember you...you were cracking me up! Thank you for
helping make my final "Lion King" city a great one. I will (and do) miss
it much. Best of luck to you and your theater career. Don't give up!

Cheers,
-Derek

YAY! ::dances:: sorry, i'm so happy! i already wrote back, but i wont put that up just to make the post longer. i'm so happy! i love him so much <3

Thanks for letting me shake off my excitement on yas :hehe:

LunarCat
June 13th, 2006, 07:10 PM
i've only seen the original cast (Jason and such) so that one.....:p

Sombolia
June 14th, 2006, 01:10 AM
I saw TLKoB in April of last year at the Orange County Preforming Arts Center.. Brandon Louis as Simba, Derek Hasenstab as Zazu, Adam Hunter as Timon and Phil Fiorini as Pumbaa.

Gazelle
June 15th, 2006, 02:40 AM
YES! isn't Derek, and Phil fab?! (i can't belive i just said 'fab') Aw, no Wallace or Damian? Well how did you like Adam and Brandon?

Sombolia
June 16th, 2006, 05:59 AM
Originally posted by Gazelle
YES! isn't Derek, and Phil fab?! (i can't belive i just said 'fab') Aw, no Wallace or Damian? Well how did you like Adam and Brandon?

Derek was awesome, Brandon was really good too. I don't remember anything specific about Adam or Phil, though. Haha, I have a really, really bad memory. The preformance overall was amazing, though.

simba2662
June 16th, 2006, 09:23 AM
Singing voice, Jason Raize by a mile ;)

HasiraKali
June 16th, 2006, 10:53 PM
Wallace is very close. ;) :lol: Oh heck, I love them all. :lol:

chaotic serenit
June 22nd, 2006, 06:35 PM
The original Broadway cast. Jason Raize was the voice I first learned to associate Simba when I got the soundtrack for Christmas, so he's sort of permanently stuck in my mind as him, God rest his soul, though.