PDA

View Full Version : Singing "Circle of Life" in the car...

Zephyr Nexus
May 24th, 2006, 10:15 AM
Forgive me if this belongs somewhere else, because I could have very easily tacked this onto the "Is your HUGE love for TLK a secret?" thread, adding this as another piece of evidence of why it really isn't. But this way, I thought it might start up an interesting line of discussion.

So, on to the story.

:shout:

Yesterday was the conference championship for my high school tennis team, and I was playing 3rd Singles (that means I'm the third best player on the team). Anyway, during a lull in the day between matches, I thought I needed some relaxation, and so I went to my car, found my Disney mix, and turned it to the TLK tracks. Being in choir, I like to sing, and it is a great way to relieve stress. I always sing in the car, and one of my favorite songs to sing is "Circle of Life," or, as I've learned now, CoL. By now I think I've gotten pretty good at it, although I'm sure my African chanting sounds ridiculous.

:lol:

So, I was getting into it, just as if there was no one there, and there was no possibility of anyone ever coming by. But, of course, someone did. Luckily, he was a good friend from the tennis team, and his question of "Was that 'Circle of Life'"? was quickly followed by, "you know, you could finish if you really want to." I was trying to come up with an explanation of "yeah, I was singing The Lion King; I always sing in the car - always". But he really didn't care, and we went to play a pick-up game before the trophy ceremony, no "guess what he was doing in the car before I got there," nothing like that to the rest of the team. I was grateful.

=D

But so I open this up to your own experiences. Do you sing in the car, in the shower, and if so, do you ever sing music from the soundtracks? And yes, I have seen the fan project of making a TLK soundtrack using singers from Lea, and would gladly join (but it seems like that thread has been dead a while).

Oh, and as a obvious opportunity to brag, I won first place in the conference and was named to the All Conference team. (Sorry, I just had to.)

:kovusmile

Dyani
May 24th, 2006, 10:40 AM
I do sing a lot in the car.. not always Lion King stuff but.. yeah I sing a lot in the car. :D

I have been known to sing all the Lion King songs from the first and second movie whilst in the shower too :horror: very apt smilie, as I can't sing and.. well.. its in the shower :cringe:

nathalie
May 24th, 2006, 10:43 AM
(walks in quietly ...)

@ Dyani, check your PM's ;)

(walks out quietly ...)

Dyani
May 24th, 2006, 10:51 AM
:lol: done/doing ;)

nathalie
May 24th, 2006, 10:53 AM
Lol, I'd almost forgot to reply on the subject, haha, I voted "yes".

Usually daily, a song pops into my head, haha.
I don't sing out loud or anything :cringe: I'd scare my neighbours :p

Neola
May 24th, 2006, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by Zephyr Nexus
And yes, I have seen the fan project of making a TLK soundtrack using singers from Lea, and would gladly join (but it seems like that thread has been dead a while).
Owww, I remember! That thread was originally my idea...but when my pc broke down back in october and I was offline for a few months, I totally forgot about it.
I'd love to catch up on that project again=D
*goes check threads*

Oh, to answer your question: Yeah, sometimes I do sing TLK songs, but not if people are around...I do have my reasons :lol:

This Land
May 24th, 2006, 06:35 PM
I Sing when im on my motorbike :D

The amount of people that look at me when i stop at a red light singing "he lives in you" :lol:

Tiikeri
May 24th, 2006, 06:50 PM
Hmm, I mosh....whilst driving oO I haven't sung any TLK songs yet though, it's mainly some sort of thrash metal song <3

HasiraKali
May 24th, 2006, 07:32 PM
Yeah... I do it all the time. I just got home actually and I was singing Endless Night all the way home. :lol:

Zaya
May 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM
This Land - I sing on my motorbike too, anything that pops up at the time ;), I sometimes even try to "dance" so I jump up and down a lil ;)

But yeah I love to sing, I sing endless night in the shower or shadowlands (I didn't say I use the soap for a microphone sometimes *blushes*) - Always out loud - singing silently actually "kills" your voice and makes you get all the wrong high and low tones - who cares about the neighbours, I'm not all that bad :lol:

This Land
May 24th, 2006, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by Zaya
This Land - I sing on my motorbike too, anything that pops up at the time ;), I sometimes even try to "dance" so I jump up and down a lil ;)

Just take care not to tap your feet while driving ;) :lol:

HasiraKali
May 24th, 2006, 09:25 PM
Oh I was jammin' out on the way home today. :lol: I was all into the song. I'm sure some people thought I was having an episode.

Darkslash
May 24th, 2006, 09:33 PM
In gov't class today, we sang some Disney songs b/c there was nothing left to do... we all remembered how good they were.

Azerane
May 25th, 2006, 02:13 PM
Vote: Yes, all the time :D

Hehe, just this morning I was singing TLK tunes in the shower, I was singing while I was making myself some food and dancing around the kitchen :p Sometimes I sing on the bus when I'm sitting at the back and there's nobody else on it. And I sometimes sing on my way to the bus stop, not always TLK, but I often sing it because I know the songs so well.

HasiraKali
May 25th, 2006, 04:39 PM
There was a group chat yesterday? Why was I not invited? :( I was so bored yesterday.

I like to sing in the bathroom because it sounds better. :lol:

DarkPaw
May 25th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
Lol, I'd almost forgot to reply on the subject, haha, I voted "yes".

Usually daily, a song pops into my head, haha.
I don't sing out loud or anything :cringe: I'd scare my neighbours :p

Oh, why not? My seven year old brother and I yell TLK songs on hot days when our parents aren't home with all the doors and windows WIDE open! Then the neighbor's basset hound starts baying...

No, but really, I especially sing to TLK songs when I'm doing the dishes and cleaning my room. When I'm up in my climbing tree in my front yard (I love people's faces when they walk by and see me!:D), at least quietly. I've actually been slowing down since I haven't seen the movie in months because my parents say that the DVD player is too sensitve. I've been going through this unstoppable withdrawal...*sniffles*

:gasp:

Sudi
May 25th, 2006, 10:13 PM
Sometimes when my friends and I are all packed in my friends van we'll sing randam Tlk songs, usually IJCWTBK:cheese: and some times in the middle of first period:D

nathalie
May 25th, 2006, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by DarkPaw
Oh, why not? My seven year old brother and I yell TLK songs on hot days when our parents aren't home with all the doors and windows WIDE open! Then the neighbor's basset hound starts baying...

If I could actually carry a tune ... I might sing them out loud (as for any song) haha.

HasiraKali
May 26th, 2006, 03:03 AM
Originally posted by SimbaTheLion
I didn't have you added *Adds now* ^_^ ...

Yay! :D

I was just dancing in the kitchen. I was doing the Simba/Nala walking with Zazu dance. (It's from the musical) :lol:

Sadiki
May 26th, 2006, 05:17 AM
every now and then, even my friends do it when we are drunk. while driving I guess I have sang too.. not that my singing voice is anything great, but it's just kind of fun.

Sombolia
May 26th, 2006, 06:29 AM
I have a radio in my bathroom. Yes, someday it is going to kill me.

Fall Out Boy is great shower music. I sing that. To be honest, I haven't picked up a TLKST in years.

Azerane
May 26th, 2006, 06:50 AM
Today I had a group meeting with people at Uni for an assignment we're doing, and I was just sitting there reading through some stuff and I started singing The Lion Sleep Tonight :p then one of the other girls joined in, hehe. And then we had a discussion about lion king skybox cards and the magazine series that was released :p

Sharifu
May 26th, 2006, 08:37 AM
Oh I love to sing... When I'm alone. ;) Seriously I can't sing with other people around.

I actually listen to TLKoB and Rhythm of the Pride Lands, more then the actual TLK soundtrack. (I even listen to Return to Pride Rock more then TLK soundtrack, but not as much as TLKoB and Rhythm of the Pride Lands.)

Originally posted by HasiraKali
There was a group chat yesterday? Why was I not invited? :( I was so bored yesterday.

I added you too. ;)

Dyani
May 26th, 2006, 09:19 AM
I was singing through all TLK and TLK2 in the shower last nite :lol:

Azerane
May 26th, 2006, 09:02 PM
Originally posted by Sharifu
Oh I love to sing... When I'm alone. ;) Seriously I can't sing with other people around.

I used to be like that too. I'm still like that for the most part but now I can actually sing with other people around, I have to really be in the mood for it though or I have to be convinced very well to want to do it :p hehe.

Kiara
May 29th, 2006, 08:23 AM
I'm not singing it right now, I did some years ago, and mostly to teas my brother. Last we sang CYFtLT on the choir consert three weeks ago, and last year The Lion Sleeps Tonight on a usual practising with the choir. And I stopped play TLK on the piano as well a time ago ... It's not very much TLK right now, I use to listen to ABBA instead, or musical songs from Wicked, and then I can sing with them in the car. But only if I'm alone there, not when someone is sitting and listening in the backseat x)

Solid Raven
May 29th, 2006, 08:47 PM
occasionally, in the shower, or on my bike (wish I could drive a car already :) ) I really like that song.

It's a rather difficult song to sing imo, don't know why, but I can't seem the maintain the overall tone. It goes from very low to very high (and it shouldn't) :d and it's kinda odd when you hear it.

Need to practice more, I guess...

Ryoga
May 30th, 2006, 04:54 AM
I always sing The Lion King when I drive to school and sometimes I sing it in class and I don't mean to but then I tripped and fell down some stairs, or did I?

I mean I would sing a lot more if I had a better voice but I am sure that is what everybody says!

Daniel
May 30th, 2006, 11:10 PM
i found myself singing "Counting Bodies Like Sheep To The Rhythm Of The War Drums" by A Perfect Circle on the GNER Mallard on the way back from Cambridge :D

Xinithian
May 30th, 2006, 11:12 PM
I never sing but I sometimes listen to TLK music in the car.

Valvador
June 10th, 2006, 06:14 PM
Occasionally. Music from TLK is like something special for me, and I listen to this at special moments of my life... When I'm really happy, for example =D

HasiraKali
June 10th, 2006, 06:19 PM
Who here dances in the car whilst driving and singing? I do that sometimes :lol:

Valvador
June 10th, 2006, 06:24 PM
I'm 16 and can't drive, but my daddy love when car is danceing with him... It's a bit dengerous :P

Sudi
June 18th, 2006, 11:51 PM
Last Wednesday I got half the people on the bus ride going back to school coming from graduation to sing Hakuna Matata:D

HasiraKali
June 19th, 2006, 01:44 AM
That's awesome. :lol: I wish I rode the bus to school just to do that. :lol:

Dyani
June 19th, 2006, 02:40 PM
Lol!!! That sounds soo Groovy, Sudi!!!!! The nearest we got to that is singing Christmas carols two winters ago, all 100 of us!! But we were overly hyper :p

Jackandsimba
June 20th, 2006, 06:54 PM
Well I'm a singer, and I do sing, a lot. I annoy my friends with my constant singing and the all know my love for LK. And i have sung CoL in concert. Unfortunately it was Elton John's version because the choir just couldn't get the African chanting. As soon as I get the track I'll post it if anyone wants! :cheese: