PDA

View Full Version : Merchandising Weird/"Unfortunate" Merchandise Thread

cleargreenwater
June 28th, 2013, 12:56 AM
Similar to the funny screenshots thread (which seems to have disappeared since the forum jump-start?), I know there's some really bad merchandise out there that Koraden has mostly documented, but sometimes seeing or finding the stuff on Ebay yourself just begs for a thread to run & post it in, or something really pretty decent just gets photographed in questionable ways that does it no favors. Share it here!

What started this was, I was browsing around on Ebay just now and found this listing (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lion-King-Lenticular-Puzzle-12-x-9-Disney-/360685621065)for a lenticular puzzle. It...it looks like Ed & Mufasa had a lovechild :lol: I don't know if I would have chosen exactly that picture to use, myself :lol:

HasiraKali
June 28th, 2013, 03:40 AM
:lol: That is amazing.

nathalie
June 28th, 2013, 04:57 AM
I saw that before and kept wondering if the front might be a 3D pic, lol.

HasiraKali
May 14th, 2016, 01:54 AM
I found it!

This is what made me think of this thread. Please don't get offended, it's just biology. :p

Leorgathar
May 14th, 2016, 02:17 AM
wow... just wow :lol:

Azerane
May 15th, 2016, 02:03 AM
Why is that art that even exists? :lol:

Guntur
May 18th, 2016, 02:44 PM
Man, Reminds me of googling The Lion King in google Image. :lol: :confused: :\

Lauriferous
May 23rd, 2016, 08:53 PM
Oh wow. That was not what I was expecting. :wtf: Pretty funny, though. :D

Kossu
January 23rd, 2021, 12:56 PM
I don't know in what alternate dimension this is taking place, but I am very intrigued.:go-on:

and the original art: 1075

KanuTGL
January 29th, 2021, 11:37 PM
Huh, so that's a recoloured Nala as Simba, and a recoloured Kiara as Nala :thinks: I feel like they went through a lot more trouble to do that than it would have been to just use normal cliparts of the characters :lol:

I found an interesting puzzle too - this art is really pretty, and I thought how nice it was that they used the presentation at the end with Simba and Nala's cub as the scene, but then I looked in the left corner and was like "Waait a minute..."

https://i.gyazo.com/d91ca8c76695e41ee3ab5fcf3e8bb78e.jpg

Soo I guess Scar survived after all? :lol:

Kossu
February 22nd, 2021, 09:41 PM
I totally missed this!:o It's a really beautiful painting, other than...you know.:lol:

Soo I guess Scar survived after all?

It must be because merch doesn't obey time, space, character designs or other parameters. Anything is possible in the multiverse! If Nala can be her daughter and her mate at the same time, I don't see why Scar can't survive and still be buddies with the hyenas that ate him alive?:zazuevil2: