PDA

View Full Version : Bad weather

real-estate
May 21st, 2006, 07:02 PM
I hate bad weather.

Neola
May 21st, 2006, 07:26 PM
Is this a bad-weather-hate-thread? :confused:
I always thought stuff like that'd belong into the Elephant Graveyard.....:thinks:

Monai
May 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM
Indeed, Neola. Oh, and it's weather.

A-non-a-mus
May 21st, 2006, 07:29 PM
...yes... it does seem to belong there more then here...

also, 'bad weather' to one is good weather to another... for example, I can't take heat, therefore bright sunshine to me is bad weather... I like overcast/cold weather... however, others may like heat therefore bright sunlight is 'good weather' ... so really, it's about what weather and cercumstances/conditions it's under...

Neola
May 21st, 2006, 07:32 PM
Originally posted by Monai
Indeed, Neola. Oh, and it's weather.
Why do I have this slight feeling you were sarcastic there....:thinks:

And also, the first post is less than ten words and I really don't know what this is all about. Did you just wanna tell us you hate bad weather or what? :confused:

A-non-a-mus
May 21st, 2006, 07:50 PM
hmmm.. if that were the case... everyone hates bad weather, though weather in question is up to them what is good and bad...
Seems kind of one of those 'no discussion' threads... like 'post what weather you hate' type...

Monai
May 21st, 2006, 08:19 PM
What? I wasn't being sarcastic. Sorry if that's the aura you got. XP

Anyway, this thread is pointless. XD

Nephilim
May 21st, 2006, 09:35 PM
Originally posted by real-estate
I hate bad wether.

I hate bad spelling.

Tiikeri
May 21st, 2006, 10:03 PM
Originally posted by Nephilim
I hate bad spelling.
wots rong wiv bad spellin ?

Erm yes, bad weather....very bad indeed.

Vidan
May 21st, 2006, 10:06 PM
Personally I love "bad weather" -- the type where no-one wants to leave their home. That's usually when I go out. Shorter lines at the grocery store and movie theaters. Driving is an adventure.

Maybe you'd like to introduce yourself in Pride Rock, real-estate?

A-non-a-mus
May 21st, 2006, 10:07 PM
in that case, it's not 'bad weather' for you :p

lionloversam
May 21st, 2006, 10:08 PM
I like a good thunder storm too. It is esspecially enjoyable when you are out on a boat. :cheese:

Sadiki
May 21st, 2006, 10:31 PM
I gotta say I love rain over everything, if I don't have to go outside ;) it's just so relaxing to lay on bed and listen while rain hitting on windows and roof.
but whenever I'm outside I don't really like it that much... then again is rain really " bad weather? " :p for me... bad weather is 20-?C and snow storm.

lionloversam
May 21st, 2006, 10:38 PM
I hate snow, too. I HATE cold weather in general.

Kovu The Lion
May 21st, 2006, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty
I gotta say I love rain over everything, if I don't have to go outside ;) it's just so relaxing to lay on bed and listen while rain hitting on windows and roof.
but whenever I'm outside I don't really like it that much... then again is rain really " bad weather? " :p for me... bad weather is 20-?C and snow storm.

I agree, I LOVE the Rain, its so cool, i like the sound of it when it hits our maple wood, its like "kerpluck" or something, but its soothing when played with Enya - Adiemus or soomething, and I HATE snow, because it makes us have to go to school one day longer :@

Tiikeri
May 21st, 2006, 10:59 PM
I for one prefer cold weather to warm weather, because it's easier to warm up than it is to cool down. Also, I hate feeling hot and sweaty. I hate snow though, I just like it cool. And I agree with STM, listening to rain outside is a really relaxing sound. And I'm in luck, because I get plenty of rain up here.

ThiagoPE
May 22nd, 2006, 12:49 AM
this issue of bad and good wheather is quite relative, hehehe
For me for exemple, the wheather here these days are extremely cold, with temperature rouding the 20 degrees when the usual for here would be 35-40 .

This create a veru unconfortable situation for us, because we know how to live with these temperatures of 35-40, and 20 is very cold for us that don?t know how to live with this temperature, and, i imagine that for most people here 20 is a heat temperature because most people of here are in cold countries in winter.

Well, i gave this example just to explain my point of view in the relativity of this thread

Roxas
May 22nd, 2006, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by Nephilim
I hate bad spelling.

I was going to put the exact same thing when I fist saw the post.

Stormfury
May 22nd, 2006, 06:14 AM
I likes it warm and dry! I dislike cold weather, but cool and dampness is alright. I'll take the compromise of 70 degree (F) weather, low-relative humidity, and a cumulocirrus deck with a parched sun at a 90 degree angel, nice.

real-estate
May 22nd, 2006, 06:22 AM
Excuse me for a gram. mistake. I mean "wether" correct-> "weather". My English isn't good enough. I like sunny days. This winter we have a temperature about -35 C over here. Cold and short days and so on etc.

Stormfury
May 22nd, 2006, 06:30 AM
Quite "OK", R-E! Sounds like your capital is having a heat wave. Seriously, that's cold! -Salutations BTW . . .

= )

real-estate
May 22nd, 2006, 08:39 AM
Short summers and long winters. There is notning to be done.

:-)

lion_roog
May 22nd, 2006, 09:24 AM
Man...over here it's long summers and short winters...Infact, we have only two seasons...Hot and Really Hot...Infact, the only time you see Ice is on a snow cone...Infact, that snow cone will stay ice for about 10 seconds...Infact, during summer it is considered cruel and unusual punishment to send someone outside...:D

A-non-a-mus
May 22nd, 2006, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by SimbaTheMighty

I agree with you, I really like rain, though, I like most cold weather, as that's just what I'm suited for... I can always warm up easily... yet it is soooo hard to cool down...

Ryoga
May 22nd, 2006, 11:32 PM
I hate it when it gets hot down here. I wish it could be a cool in the summer, and cold in the winter! No snow in San Antonio! :(

TakaTiger
May 22nd, 2006, 11:39 PM
Damn that bad weather.... good thing its spring over here! horrah!

Dyani
May 23rd, 2006, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Man...over here it's long summers and short winters...Infact, we have only two seasons...Hot and Really Hot...Infact, the only time you see Ice is on a snow cone...Infact, that snow cone will stay ice for about 10 seconds...Infact, during summer it is considered cruel and unusual punishment to send someone outside...:D

*drools* my idea of heaven :browlift:

lion_roog
June 4th, 2006, 09:10 AM
Ya...pics of weather in Tucson...Tucson is known as the Lightning Capitol of the United States...:D

All the pics are from the same dude.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Coryphaeus/Tucson/Lightning/IMG_2993.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Coryphaeus/Tucson/Lightning/IMG_5455.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Coryphaeus/Tucson/Lightning/IMG_2961.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Coryphaeus/Tucson/Lightning/IMG_6097.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v201/Coryphaeus/Tucson/Lightning/IMG_5613.jpg

Stormfury
June 4th, 2006, 09:23 AM
|| Ahh... quench that thirst with a dry t-storm.

nathalie
June 4th, 2006, 09:25 AM
That last one is a cool pic though.

Stormfury
June 4th, 2006, 09:32 AM
They say lightning is x5 hotter than the Sun's photosphere.

Oh... can't forget to mention... have a look what a real thunderstorm looks like:

[ http://www.extremeinstability.com/04-5-28.htm .]

Simba Marasa
June 4th, 2006, 09:54 AM
what exactly IS bad weather anyway? something that is inconvenient or uncomfortable for humans who don't have to live outside? I just don't get it...

nathalie
June 4th, 2006, 09:55 AM
I think a storm(wind), very hard rainfall, hurricane, etc ... can be concidered as bad weather.

real-estate
June 4th, 2006, 10:17 AM
Bad weather for me - short, cold, dark days. I like so much sunny days.

;-)

Stormfury
July 30th, 2006, 08:27 AM
The NWS office in Lincoln, IL has reported that an isolated thunderstorm near Mount Vernon, IL; produced 600 cloud-to-ground lightning strikes within 5 minutes.

Wow.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/courage21837/NoaaSample73006.png

All this activity happened 'bout 3 or so hours ago, initially; the thunderstorm was stationary, then sank southeastward with time and became more linear focused. The green quadrilateral over Mount Vernon indicates a *Flash Flood Warning.

Amazing.

`

lion_roog
July 30th, 2006, 09:52 AM
That's a lot of lightning strikes...those types of storms are Awesome!...unless you're homeless....:D

Over here they say some parts of the rivers are near flooding stage...which is very rare considering most of the year (95% of the year) the rivers here are dry.

Stormfury
July 30th, 2006, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Over here they say some parts of the rivers are near flooding stage...which is very rare considering most of the year (95% of the year) the rivers here are dry.

"Holy bat ba**s, Batman!" That's like uber quench-ness.

:knowdees:

Kapasa
July 30th, 2006, 10:26 AM
the only weather im not too keen on is hail.

if the stones are large enough it begins to hurt, but i should'nt complain since we don't usually get hail stones as large as your head.

lion_roog
July 30th, 2006, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by S0nique
"Holy bat ba**s, Batman!" That's like uber quench-ness.

:knowdees:

:haha:..I know!...I forget how many people have died from looking up at the rain in amazement and drowning...:D...Or thinking that they can drive their cars through flooded overpasses above washes...

Stormfury
November 14th, 2006, 07:18 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/courage21837/post-1877-1163453318.jpg

Severe Weather Awareness:

Thunderstorms
>High Wind
>Hail
>Lightning

Tornadoes
Floods

[ http://www.weather.gov/om/severeweather/index.shtml .]

EDIT:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/courage21837/SVRnov1506.png

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v75/courage21837/TORnov1506.jpg

Ciara
December 4th, 2006, 10:13 AM
there's no bad weather! :D

I love sun most of all of course, but I love when it's raining too, and it shall be lots of thunder ^^ Snow on the other side ... >.< *hides* Lucky me we rarely have snow here ...

Sadiki
December 4th, 2006, 01:11 PM
the weather over here have been extreamly wierd lately.. it should be under waters freezing point ( 0?C / 32?F ) but it's around (8?C / 50?F ) and it's raining.. doesn't seem like it's going to be white winter here.... not that i care sinse I will be down in Oregon that time ;)

nathalie
December 4th, 2006, 01:13 PM
It should be about 5?C over here. But instead it's about 16?C all during November.
And even now in December.

I have never seen this before in Belgium.

Ciara
December 4th, 2006, 01:50 PM
well I dont give a duh bout the weirdy things, just the snow stays out of the way xD

Aurelian
December 4th, 2006, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by Ciara
well I dont give a duh bout the weirdy things, just the snow stays out of the way xD

Well don't come here. We just got our first snow of the season overnight. Heavy wet stuff. Lucky it isn't enough to have to break out the shovels. :D

Ciara
December 4th, 2006, 06:40 PM
:gasp: .... Poor you :p I certainly will not come over there for a while now :diva:

ThiagoPE
December 5th, 2006, 02:31 AM
even here weather is crazy, because now it should be hot, temperature around 35-40? C but... today hte maximum temperature was 27? (this is a very confortable temperature but.... spoils the life of who love the beach, and as i said, is not a usual temperature for here in this part of the year.

Sadiki
December 5th, 2006, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by ThiagoPE
today hte maximum temperature was 27? (this is a very confortable temperature but.... spoils the life of who love the beach, and as i said, is not a usual temperature for here in this part of the year.

I would still go on the beach if it was 27?C, the maximum at summer here is around 32?C ;)

King Simba
December 5th, 2006, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by ThiagoPE
but... today hte maximum temperature was 27?
I actually think that's a very nice temperature to be at the beach. It's much better than the 12? and 10?'s we've been getting here lately, and even that's mild for this time of year. Really, we should be getting into single figures at least. ;)

ThiagoPE
December 5th, 2006, 11:12 AM
is that for who are already familiar with the beach at that hot ntemperature, the water will be warmer.

When i traveled to rio de janeiro, i tried to go their beach but i couldnot, with the day at 22? C i thought the waters of ther too cold for me to enter (of course, compared to our ones, but wasnot a non-suportable cold, because that there were lot of people in it)

Aurelian
January 4th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Well, Jack Frost is a no show this year for New England.

Not exactly bad weather, but very strange. This time of year, we normally have feet of snow on the ground and temperatures in the 20s(F). This winter, we have had no snow, and little rain. We have yet to go below 35 degrees even at night, and on Saturday, we are going to come inches from 70.

70 freaking degrees in the middle of January!:gasp:

In fact, I was joking to my sister the other day that when the groundhog come sup next month, he is ging to look at the cameras very confused nad say, "Spring? I'm still waiting for winter!".

So far, this winter has ben very mild and dry. Pleasent, but unfamilliar.

Ciara
January 4th, 2007, 07:16 PM
rainy indeed it what it has been ... But i hate snow, so i dont care, really ... the most snow nowadays use to come in march, but well see about that this year, last year it was a little snow on the xmas eve, now ... rain. In fact, as i recently pointed out to my bro in the phone, it has been raining constantly 3 days in a row up here now. In october we had the Ice-Day here. Everything was so icy and the roads as well so it was literally impossible to drive, peeps parked on the highway and walked instead. It was cars everywhere standing still. That was october, when its supposed to still be warm ... But anyway, that Ice-Day was kinda fun ... xD

Prince Simba
January 5th, 2007, 07:23 PM
http://myinstantdeath.tripod.com/nuke.jpg

Now that's some bad weather.

Aurelian
January 6th, 2007, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by Prince Simba

Now that's some bad weather.

This post brought to you by Tripod! Try a new website with Tripod!

Talk about shameless plugging. Maybe it's just my computer, but I see an advertisment for Tripod where PS's image is suppose to be.

Kovu The Lion
January 6th, 2007, 06:06 PM
Same Roquivo, Sites like that have things like that if the URL is broken, same with Photobucket they have a "Uh oh this image isn't up here!" or some stupid message,

The URL is just broken, He probably mispelled it :s

Here's the real image

Prince Simba
January 6th, 2007, 06:08 PM
Yeah, I think Tripod might disable direct linking to images. Anywho, it was something like this...

http://www.stevequayle.com/News.alert/06_Nukes/06_Nuke_pics/060222.nuke.nightmare.jpg

Stormfury
February 17th, 2007, 11:37 AM
2007 likely to be hottest year on record, says Met Office. Scientists believe there is a 60% chance that 2007 temperatures will top the previous hottest year, 1998. Back in 1998, an average temperature of 14.52C= was felt. This year will be 0.02+- degrees higher. Heat strokes bare a grim reminder during that time period. El Ni?o is currently active, and has continued into 2007. (ENSO-neutral is observed).

King Simba
June 27th, 2007, 07:45 PM
*Thread bumpage* xP

Originally posted by Elliot
2007 likely to be hottest year on record, says Met Office. Scientists believe there is a 60% chance that 2007 temperatures will top the previous hottest year, 1998. Back in 1998, an average temperature of 14.52C= was felt. This year will be 0.02+- degrees higher. Heat strokes bare a grim reminder during that time period. El Ni?o is currently active, and has continued into 2007. (ENSO-neutral is observed).
In the UK, it seems like we're getting the wettest summer on record up to now. In Yorkshire (where I live) we had well over a months rainfall in just one day. The temperatures are well under average for this time of year too, like 15?C in the daytime. This time last year we had temperatures around 25?C.

Here are a couple of clips I took the other day after the floods:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=wa0t5FmsyhU
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UOVwE5E55Zs

Has anyone else here who lives in the UK experienced/experiencing flooding?

imported_kiara
June 27th, 2007, 07:47 PM
i heard my country will have weeks of heatwaves on +40 O_O *hides*

whole week has been sunny and hot and today it has been pouring down rain ALL day, and still is ... Quick changes we have <.<