PDA

View Full Version : Xbox One (News, Thoughts and Discussion.) Post here.

Guntur
May 24th, 2013, 12:40 PM
Any views, News, and Thoughts will be post here for the insight on this thread. [Mostly on Destructoid, or Kotaku]

Hello Lea's Gamers, Post your thoughts here about the new reveal on Xbox One.

Sombolia
May 24th, 2013, 08:16 PM
Not very impressed with the One so far, but I'm willing to reserve judgement until E3 at least. I know it was a hardware announcement, but the reveal seemed way too focused on TV and the stupid Kinect stuff.
What's bothering me is the lack of support/possible fee? for used games. Used games are usually the only way I can afford to play games, period.

EDIT: And right after I posted this I saw this blog post (http://majornelson.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-and-used-games-2/):

The ability to trade in and resell games is important to gamers and to Xbox. Xbox One is designed to support the trade in and resale of games. Reports about our policies for trade in and resale are inaccurate and incomplete. We will disclose more information in the near future.

Yay! Looking forward to hearing that. Hopefully it's good news.

Dare
May 25th, 2013, 07:34 PM
What's bothering me is the lack of support/possible fee? for used games. Used games are usually the only way I can afford to play games, period.

EDIT: And right after I posted this I saw this blog post (http://majornelson.com/2013/05/24/xbox-one-and-used-games-2/):

Yay! Looking forward to hearing that. Hopefully it's good news.

Yeah, the possible fee of for used games was one of the main reasons I baulked at purchasing an XBox One. I get that the developers want to make as much money as they can, but I do rent a lot of games (Redbox, ftw!) and borrow from friends - if I like the game, I usually do wind up buying a copy of my own (and I will wait YEARS for the price to drop and/or special editions to come out).
However, with this new information, perhaps there is still hope.

I don't really care about the "tv achievements" thing...though, I think it's kind of silly (watching television = gaming now? really?) and perhaps even borderline invasive (big brother is watching youuuuu).

I don't like the mandatory once-every-24-hours internet check crap either. Believe it or not, there are still places on this planet where a reliable internet connection is not always available, and I travel to such places quite often...and I also unplug my gaming consoles when I'm not using them. So, I guess I'm kinda screwed. *le shrug*

I shall reserve full judgement until after the system has been out for a while though.

Sadiki
May 26th, 2013, 12:25 AM
Xbox you say... I does not approve... but then again I always been anti-Box guy. XD I will get PS4 thought, but even that will have to wait as I have SO many games still that I haven't even started.

William Rabbit
May 26th, 2013, 05:30 AM
I agrees with STM. But I'd love to see a Dreamcast 2.

Guntur
May 26th, 2013, 03:20 PM
I'll say let's avoid this until The video game developers decide what to do with this so called "Entertainment console".

I am going to wait until all Game Developers jump into Linux how Valve did earlier this year.

Sadiki
May 26th, 2013, 07:02 PM
Sony has been calling their console Entertainment system since PS2 ;) or media center. Thought to be honest, for the main reason I went for PS instead of Box was the way first Xbox controller felt in my hand... just love the fact Sony has kept their controller so much alike since the first controller came out, just means that the design is good and there is no point to really modify it too much.

Sombolia
May 27th, 2013, 06:27 AM
I didn't care much for the first Xbox controllers either. They were huge! The 360 controllers are really nice, though. The PS controllers are ok but they're kinda small for my taste now.

Guntur
May 27th, 2013, 01:42 PM
I don't like dualshock to be honest! it just doesn't click me at all. =(

In terms of controller I would prefer 360, I don't know why they want to redesign it again and again.

About Dualshock 4? I think terms of controller? Dualshock 4 wins because people just lean into it when it compare to the new Xbox controller.

So I definitely agree with all the opinion.

EDIT:

:lol: Yeah STM, I actually forgot that Sony call the console entertainment system. :lol:

I was refer to Television Entertainment, kinda like how old VHS and a TV decoder works.

Sadiki
May 27th, 2013, 07:26 PM
yeah apparently they are really really really wanting it to be TV entertainment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Guntur
May 27th, 2013, 08:19 PM
Which is I'm going to put that on my signature

Dare
May 27th, 2013, 11:33 PM
yeah apparently they are really really really wanting it to be TV entertainment http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbWgUO-Rqcw

Hehehehe "TV, TV, TV, TV, TV" "Sports, sports, sports, sports" "TV, TV, TV, TV, TV" "CoD, CoD, CoD" "Dog"

I guess this is Microsoft's way of being competitive with Apple TV, before Apple comes up with the iCouchPotato System or something.

Sadiki
May 28th, 2013, 12:34 PM
Xbox is about to come the next water cooler... umm.. What? :confused:

Guntur
June 3rd, 2013, 09:23 AM
I remember one news that this person, A father wake his son up over excitement on Xbox One.

Guntur
June 8th, 2013, 01:15 AM
Microsoft finally clarified much of its policy on used games and online restrictions with the Xbox One, and the news is grim for those who actually believe in consumer rights. With its new system, Microsoft will take the final step in stripping gamers of their property ownership, and control every moment of their experience.

Making you check in every 24 hours like a groveling lapdog, restricting your ability to lend and rent games, and effectively pursuing the industry dream of keeping goods long after they've been sold, the Xbox One is a corporation's fantasy machine that flips off the common end user.

The Xbox brand's most vocal fans, those posting on Major Nelson's blog, were among the first to react to the news, and even among such die-hards, the reactions weren't pleasant. Gamers from all sides seem furious at Microsoft's publisher-friendly, consumer-kicking policies, with only a scant few gathering the nerve to defend them.

Source: Destructoid - NSFW over cursing (http://www.destructoid.com/xbox-one-kills-game-ownership-here-s-what-xbox-fans-say-255583.phtml)

Here's the latest backlash against Microsoft and Xbox One. More info in the Dtoid link and the link within the link.

This Land
June 9th, 2013, 03:22 PM
PC all the way !

shadowland
June 11th, 2013, 09:48 AM
Out of the two, PS4 all the way..who wants an expensive surveillance device in their living room?

Also glorious PC master race reporting in