PDA

View Full Version : Eurovision 2013

KanuTGL
May 18th, 2013, 05:52 PM
Who's watching? :D

I'm pretty excited about it this year since it's hosted in our very own Malmö... :lol: My brother's even come to visit specifically so we can watch the final together, haha. And I am genuinely rooting for the Swedish song too; I really, really love it. I doubt we could win two years in a row, but hey. Which songs is your favourite? :cheese:

Revo
May 19th, 2013, 12:41 AM
I was pretty surprised that Finland ended up being so near the bottom. With a song about marriage and a girl-on-girl kiss on stage, I thought Finland would get a lot of votes in support of gay rights. Alas, I was wrong. In my opinion, the Danish winner song was one of the most forgettable, outmatched even by that crazy Romanian guy. I guess I should've guessed, that I'm never going to get better at predicting these results. I'm always way off.. :D

nathalie
May 19th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Belgium was horrible, and got 11th place? lol that's not too bad for us acutally :lol:

I didn't even knew the song.
I only watched the last 20 minutes of the first show last Tuesday, and only saw the re-cap during the shows's break, and heard the Belgian song for the very first time, even though it were only about 10 seconds, it sounded awefull.

Next year it's up to Flanders again to send someone. This year was the French side's turn.

Anouk from The Netherlands, I really like her, she's very famous there and in Belgium, but this song ... was just too sad and weary.
Though, it definatly stood out of all the other songs, so it would get stuck kind of.

Haven't heard the winning song yet.

I even read a long time ago, that Germany got seud, the song did indeed sound a lot like Euphoria.

KanuTGL
May 19th, 2013, 10:56 AM
I knew Denmark was the favourite to win, but I had hoped that it wouldn't, because I don't like when shows like this are predictable xP It only took a few listens to grow bored of the Danish song, so I'm kind of disappointed in the result. I would've wanted Sweden to place higher than they did, but that was somewhat expected too - it's a song that grows after a few listens and if you only hear it once you don't really notice it.

I did love the intermissions though... XD