PDA

View Full Version : Mario Kart Wii

Sombolia
April 22nd, 2011, 09:46 AM
I know a lot of you guys have this game, and I finally got my Wii to work with my internet, so maybe we can set up a game sometime? :D

What do you think?

Lion King Stu
April 22nd, 2011, 05:51 PM
I think you'll have a good chance to play with a fair few people on here to be honest, since a large majority have Wii's and more specifically Mario Kart ^^.
Sharifu and King Simba play for a known fact anyway, as for me I don't have the game and the Wii I got here is my parents...besides we haven't managed to get it hooked up to the interwebs as of yet....so I'm stuck to my PS3 and PC :p

nathalie
April 22nd, 2011, 05:58 PM
I have it :D

I stink at it :( haha

I'm always Yoshi, lol, 'cause he's just the cutest thing, haha.
I need loads more practice, but during the week I can't play (no TV) and during the weekends I'm mainly never home, lol.

Lion King Stu
April 22nd, 2011, 06:02 PM
Oh you'll have some luck picking Yoshi, if Sharifu is playing you won't have a chance
:D
I used to be quite good at those sort of games, but last time I played I was in Finland with the others when we played online ^^

Sombolia
April 22nd, 2011, 09:31 PM
Heheh, when we used to play Double Dash my friend would always be Yoshi and I'd be Luigi. Green team!

I'm decent at Mario Kart. Brawl is another story. xD (I have Brawl too btw! :p)

Sadiki
April 22nd, 2011, 09:48 PM
Me and Audra are planning on playing with KS and Leor in 27th. If I believe right we were talking about 10-11AM GMT-8. It's also Audra's birthday :D

nathalie
April 22nd, 2011, 09:52 PM
If I can convince my parents to record their shows on TV, I can play too then :D
My Wii is hooked up n the living room to the big TV, but it's around a time, my mom "has" to watch her silly daily-soap, lol.

I can't hook up to my TV, but it's a little 30cm one, and really not handy when playing video games.

Sharifu
April 23rd, 2011, 05:20 AM
I certainly hope more then one person can be Yoshi, I always use Yoshi and always have in every multilayer Nintendo game that has Yoshi as a playable character. :lol:

Sombolia, I have Brawl too if you ever want to play with us... ;) But yeah, Nathalie and Sombolia, you are free to join us playing Mario Kart on April 27. Me, STM, Leor and King Simba will be playing together... :D

Sombolia
April 23rd, 2011, 07:41 AM
Awesome! I'll try to be there. I've never played online though so you guys might have to help me a little... :lol:

King Simba
April 23rd, 2011, 08:08 AM
I'm decent at Mario Kart. Brawl is another story. xD (I have Brawl too btw! :p)
Ditto to that. I suck at Brawl badly. :p

As for Mario Kart, I love it. I keep kicking Leor's butt on there, yet he does the same to me with Brawl. :lol: I'm looking forward to playing with you guys on Wednesday. :D

nathalie
April 23rd, 2011, 08:28 AM
Haha, Audra, I also have the Mario Wii game, and in some levels you get Yoshi, and in other colors too, it so fun playing with him :lol:

Someone needs to explain to me how it works then though.

I have only tried the option where you can play with strangers through the internet, lol.

The name of my Wii should be "moorhunhe".

Sharifu
April 26th, 2011, 01:27 AM
Sombolia and Nathalie, since it is close to the day we will play Mario Kart online, I will help you get started to register your friend's codes.

First of all, on the main menu of Mario Kart Wii, go to "Nintendo WFC", once you get there, go to "Friends", and then you will have to "Register a Friend" to be able to play online with us. I have to register your friend code and you will also have to register mine. You will also have to do that with everyone else playing. Your code should be right under the "Register a Friend" button, under your Mii. So everyone can go ahead and post their Friend Code for Mario Kart here.

My Mario Kart Friend Code is 4211-3130-3188

Hopefully you two have a laptop you can have nearby when you play. Before we start racing, we organize getting started by being on MSN Instant Messenger in a group chat, (probably I will start it, or KS or Leor) and we can also talk that way in between races. If you need any more help, let me know. :) I look forward to racing with you guys! :cheese:

Sharifu
April 27th, 2011, 07:32 PM
Well me, STM, Leor, and KS all played Mario Kart together today, it was fun. We plan to do it again tomorrow around the same time, if anyone else wants to join us. ;)

King Simba
April 27th, 2011, 07:43 PM
It was a load of fun. Thanks a lot for playing with us. :D

Though I must admit, it took me quite some time to get used to the coin battles, which only meant you and STM really kicked mine and Leor's butt on that one. :lol: Maybe we can play again tomorrow. I look forward to it, and anyone else who wants to join is more than welcome. :)

Sombolia
April 28th, 2011, 04:31 AM
I ended up sleeping in... XD I was beat. Ah well, sounds like you guys had fun. I don't know if I can play tomorrow 'cos I have a ton of stuff to do... maybe next time. :)

Sharifu
April 28th, 2011, 05:38 PM
That's ok. Nathalie said she might be able to play tomorrow after midnight her time, so that should be after 3 pm our time... Leor and KS can't join tomorrow, and I'm not 100% sure we'll be able to play then since I have a lot of things I need to do, but since it's my day off from work it might be possible, we'll see.

nathalie
April 29th, 2011, 06:57 PM
I'm sorry guys, I'm dead beat :(

I will however hook up my Wii to my TV, if I sit close to it, it should be fine, haha.
Apperently I'm not going anywhere this weekend, so I'll have time Saturday / Sunday (Monday too, day off from work).

Sharifu
April 29th, 2011, 07:24 PM
That's ok, I have a lot of things I need to do today. I work on Saturday, but maybe we can play Sunday and/or Monday. I am done with work early on those days, I get off work at 10:45 am which should be 7:45 pm in Belgium. Although it might take me a little while after that to get home, in case I have to buy groceries after work, plus the time it takes to drive home, but yeah, any time after that should be fine.

nathalie
April 29th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Well, boyfriend might call tomorrow asking if I wanna come over, so when he does, I might and then I won't be back till Monday evening (I hope he does though actually, 'cause I need loads of hugs right now :( hehe).

But if he doesn't call me, I'll be at home, obviously, hehe.

King Simba
May 5th, 2011, 10:14 PM
Well, just to let you guys know, Leor has borrowed Mario Kart and so he'll be available to play this weekend if anyone wants to play. :)

I'll be playing with him, and maybe my sister will be joining in too, so we both thought it would be a good idea to post it here just in case anyone else wants to join. It'll be fun! :cheese:

Sadiki
May 5th, 2011, 10:51 PM
I might be able to... I doubt Audra can thought as she works in the Saturday and most likely Sunday but I have nothing to do really... except packing...

HasiraKali
May 5th, 2011, 11:54 PM
I still want to play with y'all. It's hard though since I'm working, but I'm open most weekends with enough notice. I can for sure play whenever after June 20th when we get back from WDW.

Sharifu
May 6th, 2011, 07:10 AM
I wont get to play with you guys on Saturday since I start work kind of early that day, but Petteri could play on Saturday with you guys if he wants to. But you'll have to exchange friend codes with him, if he plays without me, he'll use his own game file on Mario Kart Wii which will have a different friend code then mine.

But on Sunday, I don't start work until 2:15 pm (should be 10:15 pm in England) so as long as we play before that time, I can join as well. :cheese: Probably any time from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm. (6:00 pm to 9:00 pm in England) I might not be ready right at 10:00 am, but we'll see.

nathalie
May 6th, 2011, 03:12 PM
I can only play Friday evenings/nights :(

Shadow
May 7th, 2011, 05:31 AM
id love to play with ya guys but i dont have a Wii no more D:

Sharifu
May 8th, 2011, 02:57 AM
Tara, do you think you and Leor will want to play Sunday at the times I mentioned? :curious:

Leorgathar
May 8th, 2011, 03:06 AM
I could be there around that time, sure :D and I'd say Tara would be able to as well

Sharifu
May 8th, 2011, 04:20 AM
Ok. :D I will try my best to be on during the times I mentioned. I have to get up kind of early tomorrow morning to make my mom breakfast, since it's Mother's Day. So I might be a little later then I mentioned, we'll see.

King Simba
May 8th, 2011, 07:17 AM
I could be there around that time, sure :D and I'd say Tara would be able to as well
He just said it for me. ;)

I'll won't be able to be there straight away at 6pm because I'll need to have dinner and take a shower, but any time after that is fine for me. :) I'll be online when Leor's ready.

Oh, and that's right... today is Mother's Day in the US. Well, in that case, Happy Mother's Day to your mum. :D

nathalie
May 28th, 2011, 03:45 PM
I'm home this weekend :(

But if anyone would wanna play tonight? (something like around midnight my time) :D

Sadiki
May 28th, 2011, 07:45 PM
I would be up for it but just two of us it wouldn't be much fun I don't think... usually you need at least 3 to have some kind of competition.

nathalie
May 29th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Apperently I was already in bed before midnight :(

nathalie
June 1st, 2011, 05:37 AM
As off tonight I'm off work till Friday (a national holiday on Thursday, so no work!)

So if anyone wants to play? :D

I'm available alllllll Thursday long ^^
(and tonight, but has to be after midnight my time, I'm CET +1)

Sombolia
June 1st, 2011, 06:59 AM
Nathalie, I'll see if I can get my Wii hooked up and play with you this week :cheese:

nathalie
June 1st, 2011, 10:10 AM
Cool!

I've already played once before with strangers ... lol, but I got bored :p

Sadiki
June 1st, 2011, 06:05 PM
I will see if I can play tomorrow, Audra can't join thought as she has to work...

Sharifu
June 22nd, 2011, 02:20 AM
So... Can we ever organize playing Mario Kart Wii together, in a group more then 4 total? :p How about this Friday or Saturday?

nathalie
June 22nd, 2011, 05:36 PM
I think I can Friday.

Sharifu
June 22nd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Any idea what time you want to play? Anyone else want to join this Friday? :D

nathalie
June 23rd, 2011, 06:58 AM
I can only play after midnight my time (CET +1) 'cause I need the big TV in the living room for the Wii.

HasiraKali
June 23rd, 2011, 04:31 PM
I was just about to ask about this afternoon. Might be able to play tomorrow afternoon around 3 or 4 pm central.

King Simba
June 23rd, 2011, 08:25 PM
I can play tomorrow. Any time after 8pm GMT is fine with me. :) Not too late though, as I go to bed early. :p

nathalie
June 23rd, 2011, 08:37 PM
Turns out my plans just changed, I won't be home from work tomorrow, so can't play anymore.

Sadiki
June 24th, 2011, 12:09 AM
Oh that is pity Nathalie... well I guess we can go by what is good for HK then...

so 3PM central, that would be 9pm GMT0 so England, for us it would be 1pm, again there is only 4 so far.. but maybe Leor and/or Sombolia can join as well that would be great :p

Leorgathar
June 24th, 2011, 04:02 AM
I'll be getting Mario Kart back shortly, so I'll be up for playing very soon, I'm not sure if tomorrow I'll be able to, but I'll try to ;)

Sadiki
June 24th, 2011, 09:35 PM
Weeell........ It seems like this wont be happening, I haven't seen HK on and Leor doesn't have the game so today seems pretty pointless.. lets try again tomorrow shall we? Unless you guys are chickening out... *does the chicken taunt* ;)

HasiraKali
June 24th, 2011, 10:50 PM
I couldn't get the Wii to connect and then we were watching Ghost Adventures. :lol:

I'm up for tomorrow afternoon maybe.

Sharifu
June 25th, 2011, 01:08 AM
Why didn't you come onto MSN and we could at least try to help get your Wii online? I was kind of waiting around for the times you mentioned so we could play.

Did you connect your Wii online on through the Wii Menu before starting up Mario Kart?

If you play tomorrow, hopefully Leor has the game then and Nathalie can join us too.

HasiraKali
June 25th, 2011, 02:05 AM
It wasn't wanting to connect to my network. When I went to get online, nothing was working, I had to reboot the router and then it still wouldn't work. I got on here as soon as I got things to connect. I'm sorry you were waiting. :(

Sharifu
June 25th, 2011, 04:52 AM
It's alright. :) I wasn't angry. (Plus I didn't know you couldn't get online at all, I hate it when that happens) Maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

Nathalie, can you play tomorrow? :D

HasiraKali
June 25th, 2011, 04:54 AM
To top it off, the hot spot wasn't charged, so I couldn't even try that. It was just not my afternoon to get online haha.

Around what time tomorrow? Same or a little later? Might see if my dad will play since my sister will be at work.

Sharifu
June 25th, 2011, 05:14 AM
Anytime is fine with me. I bet KS could join us too. Just make sure to sign onto MSN so we can organize it.

HasiraKali
June 25th, 2011, 04:04 PM
I might be closer to the 4-5 range today. My dad woke up wanting to do SeaWorld today. It's flipping hot, Dad! :zzz: But I'lll get on MSN when I get home. :)

King Simba
June 25th, 2011, 04:33 PM
I'm sorry I couldn't play yesterday. My left arm has been aching and stinging for the past week and yesterday it felt really sore, so I didn't feel up to playing yesterday. I don't know if I can play tonight either as I'm feeling quite tired and don't know if I feel up to it. :zzz: But we'll see. Providing Leor has the game by then, I'll definitely be able to play next weekend or so with him. ;)

Weeell........ It seems like this wont be happening, I haven't seen HK on and Leor doesn't have the game so today seems pretty pointless.. lets try again tomorrow shall we? Unless you guys are chickening out... *does the chicken taunt* ;)
Well, I know I'm no chicken. :kiss: :haha:

Sharifu
June 25th, 2011, 06:22 PM
I didn't realize you couldn't play yesterday KS, I just assumed you didn't play Mbecause we didn't IM you to play because we were waiting for HK first. :p

If HK can't play until 4 to 5 pm her time, I'm not sure you'll want to stay up until then as that would be 10 pm to 11 pm your time. (In England) I guess we'll see? I originally suggested playing Friday and/or Saturday because Nathalie said those were the only days of the week she could play and I used to not get those days off from work. But I did this week and next week I'll have the weekends off from work as well. Maybe it will work out better next weekened, with you being in Mexico where you and Leor can play from the same Wii, and maybe Nathalie can join us too? I don't know. I just thought I can give this a try to get the majority of people here in this thread to actually play at once. It seems hard with the time differences but I feel determined to try and do it, especially since HK is not teaching right now since school is out for the summer. :p

King Simba
June 26th, 2011, 07:19 AM
Well, after saying I couldn't play, I happened to surprise everyone and turn up after all. :lol:

It was a fun game, although I stayed up longer than I should've. :ohno: :p Too bad Leor couldn't take part in all the races and HK had to leave half way through, but overall it was really fun. And for a moment we had 6 players! :gasp: That's a new record. I'll be up for doing this again next weekend. :)

HasiraKali
June 26th, 2011, 08:56 PM
Next weekend is my birthday, so I don't think I can make it then, but I'm up for playing whenever since, like Audra said, school is out. :)

Sharifu
June 30th, 2011, 04:39 AM
Too bad Leor couldn't take part in all the races and HK had to leave half way through, but overall it was really fun. And for a moment we had 6 players! :gasp: That's a new record. I'll be up for doing this again next weekend. :)

Yeah that was pretty cool to have six people playing. :p

Tara, I will be free next weekend if you and Leor want to play with me and Petteri. I have July 1st through the July 5th off from work... So anytime then would be good... It will be awesome for me to have five days off in a row, I haven't had that many days off in a row from work in a while... :D