PDA

View Full Version : Hi..

redcard
May 8th, 2006, 05:50 PM
Hi, I'm Jarrod.

I founded what later grew up into the Lion King list and have worked on numerous projects with John Burkitt (as he lives right down the road from me in Nashville. I was bored, looking for news on lionking.org's being down, and tripped across this board.

I might get back into fan fic, but with my main editor Jaggy John having moved from TLK to Narnia and not looking back, it might be kind of harder to get things out in this world.

I also am the founder of Serengeti Nights, and a few other projects based off of TLK, including Cougar Hill Sanctuary, and a few other things. Back when we were working with Aiheuism as a philosophical system (believe it or not, there is a large history behind the belief structure.. though it's based in Jewish mysticism and the like) I wrote quite a few different essays.

None of that is alive though.

I've been a fan of the movie since the day it came out, and have been in with the fandom from nearly the start.

Nice to see sites like this, though a lot of the old crowd have moved on. It's refreshing to see a new group take the torch and carry on.

Noodle
May 8th, 2006, 05:52 PM
Hey welcome :D

HasiraKali
May 8th, 2006, 06:41 PM
Welcome! Another fan from day one. :D Sweet. :lol:

lion_roog
May 8th, 2006, 07:41 PM
Welcome to Lea!..:cheese:

TakaTiger
May 8th, 2006, 07:42 PM
hallo there ^^

Lion~lover
May 8th, 2006, 10:26 PM
Hey there, Welcome..Hope ya enjoy your stay:D

lionloversam
May 8th, 2006, 11:44 PM
Welcome to LH!

Roxas
May 9th, 2006, 06:47 AM
Hi there. It's amazing that you've been a fan for 12 years. I got into the movie when it came out on DVD almost 3 years ago (like most people did), so it's still kind of a fresh thing for me. I never really got into the art or fan fics but I'm slowly starting to now. Glad to see a true pioneer to TLK fandom.

Nephilim
May 9th, 2006, 03:23 PM
Hi there redcard.

Neola
May 9th, 2006, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Roxas
Hi there. It's amazing that you've been a fan for 12 years. I got into the movie when it came out on DVD almost 3 years ago (like most people did), so it's still kind of a fresh thing for me. I never really got into the art or fan fics but I'm slowly starting to now. Glad to see a true pioneer to TLK fandom.

Like most people did? :confused:
I've desperately been waiting for the DVD to come out one and half a year before that and I think most of the peeps were fans from early on.

Anyway, welcome to Lea !:D

nathalie
May 9th, 2006, 07:50 PM
Ooh, here's a fan from the very early beginning *waves*

I think March / April 1994 (making off on TV). And it came to theaters in June 1994 over here.

Anyways, welcome, and hope you enjoy :)

redcard
May 9th, 2006, 08:15 PM
And I'm out of here.

It was a big mistake for me to even try to come back to the fandom I helped create.

I'll see you guys around.

Jarrod Henry

Monai
May 9th, 2006, 08:32 PM
I don't see why you're leaving, you've only been here a day. One thread shouldn't mean you need to leave. If you must leave, then see you 'round, was good meeting you, even if we didn't talk. And take some :hugs: to go from the forum.

Dare
May 9th, 2006, 08:49 PM
Originally posted by Monai
One thread shouldn't mean you need to leave.

Monai has a point ya know
;)
You shouldn't let one person/thread/debate run you off...believe it or not, there are some cool people here (but don't tell them I said so). True, the fandom isn't as it used to be, but it's not completely rotten either.

Anyway, pleased to meet you...think I caught a glimpse of you back when THE TLK forum was on lionking.org. If you decide to stay, great! If not...well, happy travels.
:)

Daniel
May 9th, 2006, 08:54 PM
welcome :D

Kovu The Lion
May 9th, 2006, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Daniel
welcome :D

DANIEL SCARED HIM OFF OMG!! :P

and umm yeah pal don't leave because one person/thread throws you off, thats what the ignore features for! :D

stick around, I've got...

TOAST! :D

Dyani
May 10th, 2006, 09:42 AM
Originally posted by Kovu The Lion
DANIEL SCARED HIM OFF OMG!! :P

and umm yeah pal don't leave because one person/thread throws you off, thats what the ignore features for! :D

stick around, I've got...

TOAST! :D

Dan scares everyone off :evilgrin:

I HAVE TOAST TOO!!! Please stay! We've just developed our choc making machine so you could have a try out if you want!:D

Neola
May 10th, 2006, 12:31 PM
Well, I do have cookies ya know? :D

But seriously, why are you leaving? :(

lion_roog
May 10th, 2006, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Neola
Well, I do have cookies ya know? :D

But seriously, why are you leaving? :(

Read thread: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7931

Simba Marasa
May 11th, 2006, 03:53 PM
Bummer. I wanted to ask him about Burkett! I love CoPL! The greatest TLK fanfic ever!

Neola
May 11th, 2006, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by lion_roog
Read thread: http://www.leahalalela.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=7931
Nah, that can't be the reason....is it?:alone:

HasiraKali
May 11th, 2006, 06:54 PM
That thread made me angry. It went beyond friendly debate and into personal attacks. That's a no no y'all. :grrr:

Dyani
May 11th, 2006, 07:48 PM
well was that cos some of us started arguing about how stupid the human race is, and how much they should all die?

I will take some of the blame for that, as I started that whole 'I hate humans and they should all die' idea. However, it was only an opinion but technically it was offensive as everyone reading was human of couse.. unless we have some well trained monkeys here..?
:p only joking.

nathalie
May 11th, 2006, 07:51 PM
Don't let 1 or 2 out of 200 active members "scare" you away.

Vidan
May 12th, 2006, 09:25 PM
The thing about the fandom is that you've got a collection of all sorts of people with different convictions and belief systems that might not otherwise find themselves talking to each other. Just take it in stride.

Like all fandoms you just pick the aspects you like and make friends with people whom you trust and get along with.

redcard
October 22nd, 2007, 09:42 PM
Oh, I suppose I'll give this a run just one more time ;)

So, who had the question about John Burkitt?

Safila
October 23rd, 2007, 07:21 AM
well i missed everything way back when you were on before, so I'll say hi from me in Aussie =]

nathalie
October 23rd, 2007, 07:39 AM
Welcome back Redcard :)

Guntur
October 23rd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Hello and Welcome Back :)

Tiikeri
October 23rd, 2007, 09:23 AM
Welcome back!

Originally posted by redcard
Oh, I suppose I'll give this a run just one more time ;)

So, who had the question about John Burkitt?
It was simbamarasa, who is no longer active...along with about a third of the posters in this thread o.O

redcard
October 23rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Oh.. so there's not much here now?

King Simba
October 23rd, 2007, 06:29 PM
Welcome back. :)

Originally posted by redcard
Oh.. so there's not much here now?
I wouldn't say there's not many people around here anymore, there are still a good number of the older members about, but a large majority of people who had posted in this thread have left since May last year.

redcard
October 24th, 2007, 05:02 PM
So who runs this place,then? I mean, I see all kinds of moderators and what not around with ancient last login times.

nathalie
October 24th, 2007, 05:38 PM
I'm admin now, for the past 2 years I believe

Mufasa hasn't been on for ages :(

redcard
October 24th, 2007, 05:58 PM
Okay, good. I just was concerned that it might be going somewhere sometime soon with the way things look. Pretty bleak, to be honest. I don't know, though, the movie did come out over 13 years ago. Maybe it is time to kind of let it go.

HasiraKali
October 24th, 2007, 06:52 PM
I will never let it go. :lol: I've loved TLK for more than half of my life. I'm not about to stop now. :D

redcard
October 24th, 2007, 07:01 PM
Well, letting it go is perhaps too strong a term. I guess one of the things that I've noticed in my nearly 13 years in this fandom has been the changing of seasons. There's a lot more attention focused on art now than then. Back "then", the focus was more on Fan Fiction and the like. Now, It's almost impossible to find fanfic authors of TLK out there.

HasiraKali
October 24th, 2007, 07:54 PM
It's a cycle. There was good fanart in the beginning. Problem now is there's a lot of bad fanart mixed in, so I think it just makes it seem like there's a lot more than there actually is. If that makes sense. It probably doesn't. :lol: I'm sure there are fanfic authors out there, they're just hiding. ;) It's kind of hard to compete with things like Chronicles.

redcard
October 24th, 2007, 07:59 PM
*grins* Chronicles was good.. Yeah.. John's a good friend of mine and I've worked with him on more than a few projects. That said, though, he's not in TLK anymore. In fact, he doesn't really care for his TLK days at all.

But, that aside, there should be SOME competition. I suppose you're right , that it comes in cycles.