PDA

View Full Version : Concerts you've been to?

nathalie
May 2nd, 2013, 11:57 AM
I won't bother with naming all Belgian bands I've seen, since you all won't know them :p

Maybe someone knows Milow though? I've seen him a few times, he's been getting pretty big around the world for the past 2 years.

And the Scandinavian people might know Kurt Nilsen.

I can't really compare much concerts with each other.
I mean, like, Britney Spears, I could only compare the show, which was quite good though. The 1 song she sang live was terrible :/

Bruce Springsteen doesn't need a show, he just needs to stand there and do his thing with his band.

Maybe Lady Gaga and Pink's shows can be compared a bit, because they do make a huge act of it all the time.
I like Pink's voice much better singing live then Lady Gaga, but if I need to look at the act around it, I think Lady Gaga is the winner.

So, I've seen these, more famous bands / artists:

between 1998 - 2006: 34 x The Kelly Family (countries: Belgium, Holland, Germany, France)
Backstreet Boys, 1996, Brussels (B)
Shania Twain, 2004, Antwerp (B)
Backstreet Boys, 2005, Brussels (B)
Backstreet Boys, 2005, Cologne (D)
Elton John, 2005, Antwerp (B)
Bruce Springsteen, 2006, Rotterdam (NL)
Miley Cyrus, 2009, O2 London (UK)
Ricky Martin, 2011, Brussels (B)
Britney Spears, 2011, Antwerp (B) --> such a shame, the venue is for 17.500 people, not even half of the venue was filled (lol)
NKOTBSB / New Kids on the Block & Backstreet Boys, 2012, Antwerp (B)
Mumford and sons, 2012, Pinkpop (NL)
Bruce Springsteen, 2012 Pinkpop (NL)
Lady Gaga, 2012, Antwerp (B)
Eddie Izzard, 2013, Antwerp (B) I just like to add him to the list, lolz
Pink, 2013, Antwerp (B)

to come:
Selena Gomez, 2013, Antwerp (B)

Sadiki
May 2nd, 2013, 12:41 PM
Just one for me. I went to see The Rolling Stones when I was 13 as my friends mom got sick and couldn't go so she gave me her ticket to go with my friend... I think I would appreciate the concert way more now than I did back then. :lol:

Sombolia
May 2nd, 2013, 07:01 PM
I used to go to concerts all the time back when my family actually had money... :lol: These are the bands I've seen that I can remember...

* Fall Out Boy (x10? x11? -- I've also traveled to San Diego and Las Vegas to see them, ah good times)
* Green Day (x1)
* Franz Ferdinand (x1)
* Vans Warped Tour (x2 -- can't really see myself ever attending one again, but they were fun while I was in high school)
* Cobra Starship (x3? maybe x4)
* The Academy Is... (x2)
* Gym Class Heroes (x3 -- they played at my school recently!)
* Slayer (x1)
* Marilyn Manson (x1)
* Paul Wall (x2 -- opening for FOB. never again)
* Cute Is What We Aim For (x2 -- see above)
* Metro Station (x1 -- see above)
* All Time Low (x1 -- see above)
* Hey Monday (x1 -- they were ok)
* Foo Fighters (x2)
* Serj Tankien (x1)
* AFI (x1)
* Incubus (x1)
* 30 Seconds to Mars (x1)
* Papa Roach (x1)
* +44 (x3)
* Wolfmother (x1)
* Saosin (x1)
* Say Anything (x1)
* Tallhart (x1)
* Murder by Death (x1)

A lot of the artists were grouped together of course so I haven't been to as many individual shows as this list would suggest, lol... less than 20 probably.

Coming up:
* Fall Out Boy & Panic! at the Disco in September

nathalie
May 2nd, 2013, 07:56 PM
Oh, I've seen Metro Station aswell.
They were Miley's opening act. I didn't like them, haha

Leorgathar
May 3rd, 2013, 03:31 AM
Hmm I've been to about five concerts in all my life, and a few amateurish bands, maybe

-Ricky Martin - El Paso, TX
-Shakira - Chihuahua
-Toto - Chihuahua
-Oasis - Monterrey
-Mago de Oz - Chihuahua (A Spanish folk/heavy metal band, I specially remember this one because of all that stench of pot :lol:)

nathalie
May 3rd, 2013, 04:37 AM
You saw Ricky Martin too?
I actually really liked his concert!

Azerane
May 3rd, 2013, 07:21 AM
Let me think....

Matchbox 20
Thirsty Merc
Missy Higgins (twice)
Jason Mraz (once or twice, can't recall)
Jamie Cullum
Ben Folds with Adelaide Symphony Orchestra
Ben Folds Five

Smaller gigs:
Ball Park Music (twice)
Owl Eyes (hated her, my friend dragged me along)
A couple other acts I can't remember the name of
Peter Combe

I feel like I'm missing something important but can't for the life of me think of what it might be.

Sombolia
May 3rd, 2013, 07:52 AM
Yeah, Metro Station were soooo annoying. Like their music is bad, and they acted really obnoxious too. Bleh.

nathalie
May 3rd, 2013, 07:54 AM
I did like their single at the moment, which was "shake it" I believe? That one was OK.
But the other 20 minutes were horrid, lol.

And all those little kids were screaming their longs out (they were just exhited, lol).
Which was good, because when Miley came, the screaming was much less during the songs, which is good, because I hate girls just screaming to scream, instead of singing along, haha :p

Sombolia
May 3rd, 2013, 10:24 AM
I usually don't have problems with people screaming, but probably the worst was both times I saw Cute Is What We Aim For open for Fall Out Boy... I didn't like the band to begin with and people were screeching at the top of the lungs and aggressively pushing and shoving and like, elbowing people out of the way to get closer to the stage. It was really rude...

And one time at a Fall Out Boy show someone in the "moshpit" (I hestitate to call anything that happens at a FOB show "moshing", but we were really close to the front and people were dancing, jumping etc) stepped on my foot. In high heels. Who the heck wears high heels on the floor??

Also at the Slayer show I went to, it was an outdoor amphitheater and there was a lawn area behind the highest seats, and some guys lit the grass on fire and started moshing around it... luckily nobody or any property was damaged so it was pretty funny while it was going on heheh. Security came and put it out, I'm surprised those guys didn't get kicked out of the show, because as soon as security left they started it up again...

nathalie
May 3rd, 2013, 10:47 AM
Well, I've been to boybands concerts, Backstreet Boys that is, lolz, and back in 1996, you would just scream to scream, hoping to get noticed??

Same for the concerts in 2005, lol.
Turned out, most girls did not grow up, and definatly never forgot how to scream, haha.

I don't see the point.
I'll "whooooooooo" when I hear the beginning of a song I really love, and I'll "whoooooooooo" at the end of the song.
But during the song? Unless something is being said by the performers, or unless they do something, I don't scream at all.

It would be so much better if people would just sing a long with the lyrics, instead of screaming.
Like at a Bruce Springsteen concert.

Sombolia
May 3rd, 2013, 11:55 AM
Yeah, it's a lot more fun to sing along. Screaming the whole time just wears out your voice really fast and annoys everyone around you :p

So what about bands/artists you really want to see live but haven't yet? Mine would be the band Tool... I've been dying to see them for years but they haven't played in LA for a while. They're on tour in Aus/NZ right now and supposedly working on a new album, so hopefully soon!!

Simbaspirit
May 3rd, 2013, 12:12 PM
Sombolia I've seen a lot of those acts too! I've only seen FOB once, I tried to get tickets for their club shows this summer but they sold out in 2 minutes and by the time they do the stadium tour I'll have moved 17 hours away from the nearest venue :(

These are some I've seen.. I'll be skipping many openers for sure, and probably some big ones but these are off the top of my head

-the eagles
-elton john
-aerosmith
-guns n roses
-joan jett
-fall out boy
-slash
-forever the sickest kids (got to hang out with them before the show, we had dinner together haha)
-toby keith
-keith urban
-trace adkins
-martina mcbride
-the maine
-hit the lights
-rascal flatts
-the bare naked ladies
-the academy is
-sick puppies
-nickelback (went to see the opener and nickelback was so bad i left early)
-hey monday (also had dinner and beer with them..)
-cobra starship
-+44

all i can remember right now.. i think thats most..

to see this summer: brad paisley, tim mcgraw, brantley gilbert, and 30 artists at a 4 day country festival including jason aldean, rascal flatts, miranda lambert etc..

I haven't been to many concerts lately because I don't live near a city that has concerts :( it kills me to see all my favourite bands going through my hometown.. which is now 5000 kms away :P Pretty much all the concerts I've been to though have been awesome!

nathalie
May 3rd, 2013, 12:13 PM
My concert list looks so different from yours, haha.
Totally different styles.

Well, Pink was on my list for 5 years or so, finally got to see her a few days ago.
There wasn't anyone else really I still wanted to see.
I managed to get to see the ones I wanted at least once.

I wouldn't mind seeing Elton John & Bruce Springsteen again.
Bruce always comes to Belgium though, also this year, but at the time of the sales I didn't had the money.
They announce the tour, and 2 days later you need 120 € -_-

I wouldn't mind seeing Taylor Swift in concert.
Such a shame I didn't really knew her 2 years ago when she did came to Belgium.
I don't like her new CD much, so I doubt that if she would come with the tour she's doing now, I'd go.

I'm all for live performers / who play instruments.
Britney Spears was a once-in-a-lifetime-thing, never again :p

I'm also hoping for a new Backstreet Boys tour when they come back from Asia in the fall.

Guntur
May 4th, 2013, 01:17 AM
Not much but I do enjoyed: Jamiroquai concert, Sheila Majid, Sigur Ros, Korn, Incubus, Jason Mraz, NERD, and The Roots.

for me NERD and The Roots steal the shows, I never thought Alternative Hip Hop/Rock could be so entertaining, not because that people want to get laid with Pharrell but He knows what the audience want, he just constantly contacting with the audience like a Boss. same with The Roots, my first extended concert reminisce of the Jam bands, where they Jam like forever on stage.

Sombolia
May 6th, 2013, 08:04 AM
Sombolia I've seen a lot of those acts too! I've only seen FOB once, I tried to get tickets for their club shows this summer but they sold out in 2 minutes and by the time they do the stadium tour I'll have moved 17 hours away from the nearest venue :(

Cool, we have seen a lot of the same bands! Sorry you couldn't get FOB tickets, though. :( I'm lucky to live near a major city, so it's pretty much guaranteed that tours roll through here.

shadowland
May 7th, 2013, 10:55 PM
R.E.M. Accelerate tour 2008, Twickenham stadium (best night of my life)

Level 42, IndigO2 2009

and numerous small-time gigs :lol:

Eva Janus
May 21st, 2013, 04:45 AM
I haven't been to many concerts... Once when I was still in middle school I saw my favorite Christian singer perform at Silver Springs, FL. Then sometime in highschool I went with a few friends to Atlanta, GA for a concert by Limozeen. Lol they're a fake parody sorta band, but real... Weird, right? Just check here if you want clarification: http://www.hrwiki.org/wiki/Limozeen

Then recently just last year in November I think... Me and Levin went to see Kamelot and Nightwish perform in Downtown Disney in Orlando, FL. That was when Floor Jansen was filling in for Nightwish vocalist. She was actually quite amazing :o

cleargreenwater
May 29th, 2013, 12:20 PM
Ahh, my concert list reads like a discography of a soccer mom's 90s, except I was a teenager at the time, mixed with the occasional band that's actually cool, lol.

First there's my favorite band back then, the Gin Blossoms. Saw them a few times in their heyday, and have pretty much seen them once a year since they regrouped, since they're more or less has-beens now and their ticket prices are uh...*thrifty*. But its all worth it for the one show in 2008 when the guitar player voluntarily walked over himself to me out on my cheapo lawn seat before the show and gave me a free VIP ticket upgrade to the front row. If my 13 year old self would ever imagine! :P

Other than that I've seen:

--Bruce Springsteen
--Goo Goo Dolls
--The Cranberries
--The Wallflowers
--Sponge
--Live
--Counting Crows
--Melissa Etheridge
--Rusted Root
--James
--Pearl Jam
--Paul Simon
--Peter Gabriel
--Bob Dylan
--Simon & Garfunkel (ya rly)
--David Byrne/Talking Heads
--Adam Ant
--The Decemberists
--Tom Petty
--Velvet Revolver
--Black Sabbath, Rob Zombie, Primus (Ozzfest '99, but I had work that day so I only got there for the afternoon, I probably saw either Slayer or Godsmack too but do not remember anything about it. Downside of working for the home office of a small music retailer at the time, concerts are no excuse to take off, but it was an awesome college job.)
--Alice in Chains (with the new singer)

....I also saw The Maine, but that was because my younger cousin wanted to see them, I still have no concept of who they are so I don't count that <_< *sheepishly creeps away :P*

People on my "Someday when I have money" short-list:
--Foo Fighters
--The Gaslight Anthem
--Mumford & Sons
--Dave Matthews Band (....might be doing this one next week, weather & funds permitting.)
--Kelly Clarkson (SHUSH, lol)
--One Republic

nathalie
May 29th, 2013, 06:34 PM
CGW, if you get the chance to see Mumford & Sons, grab it, they are amazing live!

I was lucky enough when I went to a festival last year to see Bruce Springsteen, they were performing before him, they were awesome!
I really like their kind of music, and they have a super vibe live.

cleargreenwater
May 30th, 2013, 01:45 AM
CGW, if you get the chance to see Mumford & Sons, grab it, they are amazing live!

I was lucky enough when I went to a festival last year to see Bruce Springsteen, they were performing before him, they were awesome!
I really like their kind of music, and they have a super vibe live.

Wow, *that* is an awesome show :D I totally missed them this year when they came through because it was February dates on sale before the New Year and I just didn't think of it then that early with all the holidays happening.

Azerane
May 30th, 2013, 08:38 AM
I happened to look up Mumford and Sons concert dates on the day after they played adelaide. I was sad :p

nathalie
May 30th, 2013, 10:43 AM
Their concert in Belgium a little while ago was sold out in 15 minutes.
There are 2 venues next to each other, and a week later they announced they would be performing in the bigger venue as demand for tickets was way too high.
(and they went from 8.000 tickets to 17.500 tickets)

So I guess they are doing good, haha.

cleargreenwater
May 30th, 2013, 12:13 PM
I happened to look up Mumford and Sons concert dates on the day after they played adelaide. I was sad :p

Haha, ouch XD THAT sucks. I feel much better about looking February dates up in March now, though :lol:

And Nathalie, good that they're doing good! Hopefully that means they'll be around a few years yet then, cuz next year's shaping up to be a little expensive with the Disney trip, it probably won't happen for me then either. One day though, one day!

nathalie
May 30th, 2013, 04:14 PM
This is the show I saw.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYOpd2Pw6x8

At the end of Bruce's show they also came on stage to sing with him, that was cool ^^

Sombolia
September 21st, 2013, 11:36 AM
Add to my list:

Fall Out Boy - x12
Panic! at the Disco - x1
Twenty One Pilots - x1

^^

nathalie
November 27th, 2013, 05:42 PM
So, my last concert was Selena Gomez, haha!
I had to say, I was very impressed by her. I did not know what to expect, the show was playback, even the covers she sang, were pre-recorderd.

I think she only sang 2-3 songs completely live (of which "Who says" was one of them, and I think "Royels", by Lorde).

Odd thing was, I had no idea, lol, I usually do my research, but this time I didn't really bother looking things up from previous shows of her.

I also saw Paddy Kelly (The Kelly Family) last Saturday, after not seeing him live on stage for 9 years.
Front row, he was standing like 30cm away from us, wow!

Next concert on the list: Backstreet Boys! March 22nd.

Safila
November 27th, 2013, 10:13 PM
lets think.
when I was 11yr dad took me to Good Charlotte and Green Day, was cool as I was the only one from my primary school.

Elton John
Simple Plan
Vampire Weekend
KissChasey
Short Stack
Savage Garden
Bear & Boy
All American Rejects
Jimmy Barnes
Cold Play
Band of Frequency
Foals
Jungle Giants
Bernard Fanning
One Direction (won free tickets for that)
The Killers
The Living End
Fall Out Boy
The Kooks
The Wombats
Lisa Mitchell
San Cisco
Veronicas

That's all I can think of for now :lalala:

HasiraKali
November 28th, 2013, 04:49 AM
I tend to go to the theater more than concerts. :lol: We went to P!nk a few weeks ago. Amazing show. Also saw Michael Buble and Bon Jovi in the same week. Vastly different, but still really awesome shows.

Simbaspirit
November 29th, 2013, 01:54 AM
Add to my list:

Fall Out Boy - x12
Panic! at the Disco - x1
Twenty One Pilots - x1

^^

How have you seen FOB 12 times?! :o
I've seen them twice - most recently on the SR&R tour, in a venue of about 1500 people. I think it was like their 5th show since they got back together. That's one thing about rural Canada.. not many concerts come here >.>

Kasei
December 3rd, 2013, 04:42 AM
Only ever been to two concerts -- Sonata Arctica and Kamelot. <3 They came to Texas when I was at University and I dropped everything to go see them. Nightwish was there too at one of them, but I'm not a huge fan of them.

I suppose I have also technically seen Randy Travis live, though the concert was at my church so I dunno if that really counts as a concert. ^^;

nathalie
December 9th, 2013, 11:36 AM
Yesssss, Miley Cyrus is coming May 4th *bounces*

I've also got my Backstreet Boys tickets at home for their concert March 22nd.

Guntur
December 12th, 2013, 05:26 PM
The last concert I have been too was: We Love Asia, a lot of Electro acts including Pitbull as the main act.

Sombolia
December 29th, 2013, 03:05 PM
How have you seen FOB 12 times?! :o
I've seen them twice - most recently on the SR&R tour, in a venue of about 1500 people. I think it was like their 5th show since they got back together. That's one thing about rural Canada.. not many concerts come here >.>

Uh... obsession. :D And I live in Los Angeles! They play a lot of shows here, and they even tend to double up the dates, so if I got lucky I'd see them twice in one tour. Plus they film the Jimmy Kimmel show here and such, I went to go see them on that too!

Gosh, they put on a great show, though, I don't think I'd ever get tired of seeing them.

Guntur
January 6th, 2014, 11:12 AM
This would be my next concert.

http://i.imgur.com/jtM1rxj.jpg

Nit
April 27th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Not really much ;P

Woodstock Festival Poland 2012:
-Machine Head
-Sabaton
-The Analogs
-Elektryczne Gitary
-happysad
-Poparzeni Kawą Trzy

WOŚP 2014 Final:
-Gooral i Mazowsze
These Reigning Days
-Hunter
-Oddział Zamknięty

Woodstock Festival Poland 2013:
-Anthrax
-The Analogs
-Ленинград (Leningrad)
-Hunter
-Gooral & Mazowsze
-Big Cyc
-happysad

Guntur
April 27th, 2014, 01:28 PM
Machine Head, Anthrax, Sabaton.

Damn that is damn cool.

I can't keep tracking my own concert or gig because I'm actively involved with it.

Nit
April 27th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Yeah, I know! ;D
And all these concerts were totally free! :3

nathalie
November 9th, 2014, 08:48 AM
Got some extra's to add to my list.

Backstreet Boys came to Belgium a 2nd time this year, last July at the beach, it was amazing!
Though, I prefer solid ground underneath my feet, lol. My feet and tows kept cramping up, to a point when we were walking to the hotel, my foot just blocked itself and I couldn't walk anymore, and the pain was killing me.
It was worth it :lol:

Miley Cyrus once again was amazing to hear live ...

Next concerts are January 2nd from a Belgian band.

Aaaaand ... I bought a ticket for Taylor Swift's world tour in Holland next year June.

Konga
December 7th, 2014, 05:13 AM
*sighs* Oh, Nath...the Backstreet Boys. I'm not sure if there's anyone else on this planet who loves them as much as we do. :p They are such amazing singers/perfomers - and I must say, they aren't too hard to look at, either. :psst: Smokinnnn'!
I've only seen the Backstreet Boys, Aerosmith, and Phil Collins in concert, myself. Getting all hyped up to watch Maroon 5 in NYC this March. They're super talented! Has anyone seen them in concert already? :)

Utora
December 23rd, 2014, 11:08 AM
Woodstock Festival Poland 2013:
-Ленинград (Leningrad)

YES! :scarevilgrin:

Lucky...how was it??

Nit
April 23rd, 2015, 08:23 PM
Oh my, sorry for the late reply... really late reply.
Leningrad was simply amazing. They will play in Poland again soon. :)

nathalie
October 17th, 2015, 03:46 PM
Well, the Taylor Swift concert I cancelled and sold my ticket. Had just lost my job, and wasn't able to afford the hotel & transportation anymore :(

I haven't been to a real concert anymore since January *sigh*

I did however buy a ticket this morning for John Cleese his comedy show, next year April in Antwerp :D
I grew up with this man, my dad absolutely loves him, so I grew up with all these British comedy shows.

Safila
December 10th, 2015, 07:01 AM
went to Taylor Swift concert saturday night.. was awesome :)

nathalie
December 10th, 2015, 08:01 AM
Ugh, I hate you -_-

Haha, no I don't ;) lol.
I was quite dissapointed I couldn't go anymore, but looking back at it now, and knowing the setlist, it was probably for the best.
Only about 5 songs I would have really enjoyed. 1989 isn't my favorite Taylor album :/

Guntur
December 11th, 2015, 11:32 AM
*sigh* My intention to go to Stone Temple Pilot concert and Velvet Revolver just end last week, Shame. :( :tears::emo::zzz:

Kasei
December 12th, 2015, 01:05 AM
I have now been to three concerts: Kamelot, Sonota Arctica/Nighwish (all power metal bands), and...Weird Al Yancovic. xD

nathalie
February 4th, 2016, 09:05 AM
I just got me a ticket for Elton John, who's coming to Antwerp in November.
I know I couldn't really afford it, but I'll manage, it's been 11 years since I've seen him life, and I just really wanna see him again.
Got the cheapest tickets obviously, which is standing, which I usually hate, but there is no pit, so it's standing behind the balcony, and if I'm tired of standing, I can just sit on the floor for a bit.

I'm exhited !!

Guntur
February 4th, 2016, 10:36 AM
^Hey, I still remember that thread that you're going to watch Elton John. :cheese:

Have fun there Nathalie. :D

This Land
February 5th, 2016, 09:18 AM
Im going to see Hans Zimmer's UK Tour in April ! Fweee:D. Like the first Concert in my life i have been to.....Oo

nathalie
February 5th, 2016, 04:27 PM
Really? You should have stayed with us then in 2009 when we went to Miley, lol!

Thinking back now, I'm glad I got a ticket for Elton and not Hans. As I'm sure I'm going to know and enjoy more songs of Elton, and being able to dance and let loose, lol.

Kirauni
February 5th, 2016, 04:32 PM
Haha, Adam! It's the same with me. I've never bern to a real concert with a celebrity before, but my husband gotvus two tickets for Hans Zimmer in April (Germany). I'm so excited!

This Land
February 5th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Haha, Epic ! Im super excited, I have loved his music for over 10 years, Finally gonna see him in Person :D

nathalie
February 5th, 2016, 07:14 PM
Only seats left for Hans in Belgium were 100 €, so I passed, lol.

Leorgathar
February 5th, 2016, 08:36 PM
I'm envying you guys so much :lol:

I might also go to a concert in April, though, Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses. I'm really looking forward to it :D

Azerane
February 5th, 2016, 10:34 PM
Hans and Elton! I'm so jealous! :D

Elton recently did a show here, but the prices! No thank you. Would loved to have gone though, especially since someone I knew couldn't go and was selling their tickets last minute...

Nevermind. Hans would be amazing to see too, all those beautiful sounds of the orchestra...

nathalie
February 6th, 2016, 05:32 AM
Elton tours a lot still, all the other times he came to Belgium, way to expensive. Now, because I have a ticket to stand behind the balcony, it was relatively cheap this time.

Nit
July 5th, 2016, 08:59 PM
In a few days I'm going to two festivals:
Jarocin Festiwal 2016:
http://www.ticketpro.pl/public/ed/43/6f/1803335_1164593__046_JAROCIN_FESTIWAL_2016_WSZYSTK IE__ticketpro_newsletter_360x360.jpg
and a few days later - XXII Woodstock Festival Poland 2016:
Luxtorpeda, Inner Circle, Vintage Trouble, Molotov, The Rumjacks, The Dead Daisies, Apocalyptica, Dragonforce, Bring Me The Horizon, The Analogs

:D

Zomok
July 6th, 2016, 08:39 AM
My last festival was the Slam Dunk festival at the NEC in Birmingham. Main headliners were Panic! At the disco, Yellowcard, New found glory and mayday parade. There were loads of other bands but I mainly went for the bands listed.

As far as gigs before that I went to see Ryan Lewis and maclemore, all time low, bloc party and again Yellowcard who I am then seeing again at the end of the year. Big Yellowcard fan if you haven't guessed already lol.

nathalie
November 20th, 2016, 12:31 PM
I went to Elton John again last night. 2nd time I've seen him. First time was 2005.
His concerts are an experience on it's own. The audiance is very very different then from any other concert I've ever been too.
After every song, people stand up and clap. During all the songs, even the up tempo ones, people tend to just sit very quietly.

Thank God I had a standing spot, so I went nuts :lol:

Kossu
November 26th, 2016, 07:39 PM
That sounds very unique Nathalie. It sounds almost like you were in a classical music concert. It must be really worth it to go to one of his concerts.:)

Personally, I haven't been to many concerts... The only 'big' concert I've been to was a Bob Dylan concert and that was back in 2010. Other than that, I've only been to a few small concerts of some greek artists and most were, well, pretty boring. :blah:

Nit
December 25th, 2016, 04:41 AM
Summary of the concerts I've been to in last 1.5 year:
-Molotov
-Dragonforce
-Bring me the Horizon
-Archive
-Acid Drinkers (Motorhead tribute)
-The Prodigy
-Slayer
-Five Finger Death Punch
and many others :3

Nalas
December 26th, 2016, 07:14 PM
I don't think I've posted on here, but let's see:

~Britney Spears (my first concert WAY back in 2000/2001 and a second time in 2009)

~Carrie Underwood (2008 and 2010)

~Trans-Siberian Orchestra (2008, I think)

~Aerosmith (2015)

~Andre Rieu (2010)

~Alice Cooper's "Christmas Pudding" *if it counts, cause several artists performed including Johnny freaking Depp with the Hollywood Vampires* (2016)

~Taylor Swift (2015)

~Bernadette Peters (2004, 2006, and 2016)

I think that's about it! :lol:

Azerane
January 27th, 2017, 05:03 AM
In typical fashion of many bands, Hans Zimmer and his band are touring Aus. Exciting right? Except that also in typical fashion, the tour skips my city. Pretty bummed about that, even though I know I wouldn't be able to afford it anyway. Such is life. :p

nathalie
February 20th, 2017, 09:43 PM
I just got a ticket for Hans Zimmer in June when he'll be in Belgium again.
Last year he came, it was 100 € to sit all the way in the back of the venue, now it was much cheaper, but still, I didn't feel like going because of the price.
But Adam showed me some clips a few days ago, and it started to itch, so I just now bought a ticket, haha.

Vidan
February 23rd, 2017, 04:33 AM
Hans Zimmer, that sounds like it should be a good time. I keep seeing those ads for his master class on YouTube and it makes me remember how I used to compose music and wanted to write music for film.

I honestly haven't been to a ton of live concerts in awhile. I used to see the symphony with my dad when I was a kid, and for a time during my 20s. Some bands/artists I've seen at least somewhat recently: Patrick Wolf, Liars, Sonic Youth, and Sigur Rós.

cleargreenwater
February 28th, 2017, 12:13 PM
I'm going to see Billy Joel in July, I just bought the tickets yesterday--so excite! :D

nathalie
February 28th, 2017, 12:14 PM
Ooh, I've been reading on Shania Twain's old bass player he's on tour now with Billy Joel ^^

HasiraKali
February 28th, 2017, 11:30 PM
Went to the rodeo a few weekends ago. They always have concerts after the events. This time we saw Sam Hunt.

Gaze
March 8th, 2017, 08:07 AM
animal collective x3
neutral milk hotel
jeff mangum x2
YACHT
grimes
SOPHIE
sufjan stevens
father john misty
deerhoof
the music tapes
blondie & devo
cyndi lauper
duran duran
smash mouth

probably some others I'm forgetting....it's been awhile since I went to a concert!
my absolute dreams would be to see Vashti Bunyan, Kate Bush, Leo Kottke, or Hannah Diamond

nathalie
August 19th, 2017, 12:22 PM
The Hans Zimmer show was amazing!
2nd part of the show was a little less, mainly due to the light show. Had my eyes closed for most of the time.

Seeing Lebo and him on stage together, yeah, I cried, haha!

CGW how was Billy Joel?

nathalie
January 25th, 2018, 11:35 AM
Elton John has finally announced his final tour :(

He's said it before, but he always came back. But this is really it.
I'll be definatly going to his Belgian concert next year. Waiting for the UK dates now too, so I can go over there and see it.

Nit
January 26th, 2018, 10:41 PM
It may sound inappropriate but I'm glad to hear that - it's not like he's getting younger with every passing year, you know. ;)
I think it's a good decision, he'll be remembered as is now. And he's doing a world tour so fans still have the last chance to hear him live. ^^

nathalie
January 27th, 2018, 08:41 AM
It's not like I haven't heard him sing out of key. But hey, they all do once in a while.
But yeah, 70 years old, 2 young children.
Something like this ends at some point for every artist. Shame some of his shows through the years were so expensive. Very glad I managed to see him twice when the tickets were affordable.