PDA

View Full Version : How will the world end?

nathalie
April 26th, 2006, 02:06 PM
I think it might have something to do with the sun.

That it'll get warmer and warmer or something, spreading heatwaves and all that.

la_reina
April 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM
That doesn't sound very logical:p

Muslims believe that the world will end a completely different way. There'll be signs, like, the sun will rise in the west, and the moon in the east. There are other signs as well, like the angel of death will blow a trumpet that the entire world will hear. It's scary, really :p

Nephilim
April 26th, 2006, 03:04 PM
Rocks fall. Everyone dies.

Actually, my mind is blank on this topic, but I can only hope of something mindblowingly awesome to happen, involving large lazers and/or aliens. I mean, exploding suns are just boring.

Originally posted by la_reina

But it's true.

Daniel
April 26th, 2006, 03:05 PM
i'll go for the theory of a "supervolcanic eruption" :D

Neola
April 26th, 2006, 03:07 PM
I think I've read that in 50 billion years, the sun will collide with the earth O_o
But maybe our grandchildren will have managed to live on the moon by then:lol:

la_reina
April 26th, 2006, 03:09 PM
^ :lol:

@Neph: Hmm...well, it's hard to believe. Especially when you've been taught something completely different :)

@ Dan: Here we go...:p

Daniel
April 26th, 2006, 03:10 PM
@ Dan: Here we go...:p

oh yes, my sort of topic, my love for disaster films comes back strong :D

la_reina
April 26th, 2006, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by Daniel
oh yes, my sort of topic, my love for disaster films comes back strong :D

Maybe you should create a disaster film about the end of the world. I know there are hundreds already out there, but Dan's Version hasn't been made yet ;)

Lion King Stu
April 26th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Yeah if the world was going to end then it has to be something really classy to be honest.
I agree with Neph that exploding suns and stuff are just to boring.
If I were to die at the end of the world I want a big gun killing aliens heh ^^.

Daniel
April 26th, 2006, 03:14 PM
Maybe you should create a disaster film about the end of the world. I know there are hundreds already out there, but Dan's Version hasn't been made yet ;)

mwhahahaha, you know it ;)

i might do neph's idea actually, lots of lasers :D

i like lasers :D

Juniper
April 26th, 2006, 03:16 PM
Some say the world will end in fire,
Some say in ice.
From what I've tasted of desire
I hold with those who favor fire.
But if it had to perish twice,
I think I know enough of hate
To say that for destruction ice
Is also great
And would suffice. - Robert Frost

I have no idea how the world will end. If the end of the world is the end of humanity, there's probably a couple trillion trillion trillion trillion ways that can happen, if it's the destruction of the actual planet, divide that by two.

la_reina
April 26th, 2006, 03:18 PM
There are passages in the Quran about the earth purging the dead.

nathalie
April 26th, 2006, 03:27 PM

To me it does sound logical.

Various heatwaves have caused already many people to die in the past 4 years.

Juniper
April 26th, 2006, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by ?nathalie?
To me it does sound logical.

Various heatwaves have caused already many people to die in the past 4 years.

The thing that bothers me is that, though it's logical, that doesn't mean it's going to happen. An equally logical event would be the earth and another body in space colliding, damaging the earth enough to either kill all living creatures living on it, or destroying it's very structure. For all we know, we're part of some entity's dream; maybe that entity will wake up, blink its eyes, and we'll be gone.

Tiikeri
April 26th, 2006, 04:41 PM
The sun thingymabob is probably the way it will happen, since it's all scientific and that, and of course you know that scientists are never wrong!

Other people have claimed that global warming is going to flood the earth and wipe out all traces of life.

But I would like to see us all getting satanically murdered by alien tri-pods whilst playing Culture Club. Scary Movie 4 got it right! :evilgrin:

Sadiki
April 26th, 2006, 04:41 PM
there sure is many ways that can happen and it's about what we mean by saying world will end.. if that is like the whole planet will explode the only way would be that sun explodes, or only logical way. and if you mean that all the living creatures besides bacterians die, the most recent thing that can do that is Super Volcano that sleeps in ~15km deep under Yellowstone Nature park.

Cobalt
April 26th, 2006, 04:54 PM
Yeah, the one under Yellowstone is a "Superculdron." That is a possibility.

I suppose reading things over and putting some thought into it, I guees the sun one is logical as well, but then again we are talking about as long as 50 billion years from now. I hate to say it, but I think it's going to be the result of something done by humans that wipes this place out well before that.

Stormfury
April 27th, 2006, 12:54 AM
|| Here, take a look at Yellowstone! (http://virtualguidebooks.com/Wyoming/Yellowstone/MudVolcanoArea/ChurningCauldron.html) It's harmless I tell you! :lol:

Well... just watch out for the grizzlies. :D

I'm not sure how the Earth will end. Too many assumptions. I'll stick with the popular one. Since our Sun is a yellow dwarf. And half its life expectancy (being 5 billion years or so...) being gone already; perhaps we'll be one of the lucky ones when it explodes like an atomic bomb on an unimaginary scale, we shall survive ? But perhaps by then we'll have the means to escape or have the preemptions thereof...

Dare
April 27th, 2006, 01:17 AM
I don't think the sun can actually explode...at least not in the way most people think of as being an star explosion (aka supernova)
I read somewhere that the sun doesn't have the mass to do that, but I could be mistaken.
I'm with the idea that that sun will expand into a red giant (swallowing/destroying the inner three planets as well as possibly Mars) and then eventually shrink into a white star. That probably won't happen during my lifetime and if it does...well, it'd be a unique way to die.

I can see it now...hanging around in the afterlife...

Spirit1: How'd you die?
Spirit2: Gunshot to the gut. You?
Spirit1: Lung cancer. How 'bout you?
Me: I was cooked to death by the Sun when it decided to engulf my planet.
Spirts1&2: *stare*
Me: Haha! I win!

At least, that'll be the physical end of the world, in my opinion...

As for the lifeforms on it...*shrugs* Who knows?
Probably some kind of biological pandemic...I mean, look at the various diseases/outbreaks that have popped up in the last decade or so...couple that with the increase of germs/viruses/etc that are mutating and becoming immune to the old treatments...hell, the flu mutates every year...
...next thing you know we'll have contagious air-born cancer or something.

Stormfury
April 27th, 2006, 01:43 AM
|| "The sun is coming... The sun is coming..." Well the Sun won't *literally explode, (as is said / SP ?)... it will shed its atmosphere and form a planetary nebula. However, an explosion in space can't be constituted the same way as it were to be on Earth...

Nice afterlife scenario, Wicked . . . :D :lol: :cheese:

Adrenaline
April 27th, 2006, 01:45 AM
Aw, this thread is depressing. :(

:p

Sombolia
April 27th, 2006, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by Wicked
...next thing you know we'll have contagious air-born cancer or something.

Haha, now I'm afraid of breathing.

To the bubble!

lionloversam
April 27th, 2006, 02:02 AM
All drinkable water will turn poisonous. Along with some other events. Then we will all burn to death in smoldering lava as it seeps out all over the place.

Sadiki
April 27th, 2006, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by S0nique
|| Here, take a look at Yellowstone! (http://virtualguidebooks.com/Wyoming/Yellowstone/MudVolcanoArea/ChurningCauldron.html) It's harmless I tell you! :lol:

well at least last super volcano that collapsed wasn't harmless... even thought I think it happend over 600 000 years ago. but it's really impossible to tell what gonna happen if that happens... it's just speculation what would happen.

LunarCat
April 27th, 2006, 03:11 AM
I don't think the world will end, like the planet blowing up or being destroyed.

I think that the human race will be "outlived" at some point. A new species will come along that is more evolved, and our species will die out. That is of course, if we don't blow ourselves up first.

unregistered user
April 27th, 2006, 05:31 AM
I'll stick to my religion believe. Like Reina said ;).
I rather think about how will me dead.

la_reina
April 27th, 2006, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Lunarcat
I don't think the world will end, like the planet blowing up or being destroyed.

I think that the human race will be "outlived" at some point. A new species will come along that is more evolved, and our species will die out. That is of course, if we don't blow ourselves up first.

But how will humans eventually become 'outlived'? Especially when a new baby is born everyday? The only way the human race can be ended is if someone ends it. And the only one that can end it is God :browlift:

Only-now
April 27th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Well, actually we are very capable of killing every human on Earth if we wanted to. Of course, that is very impractical, but it isn't impossible.

I guess no one can really say how the world will end for sure, so I don't have an answer. I believe if humanity survives to the time the Sun expands like so, we would either live on other planets and places in the universe or have a way to stop it. Most likely it will be the first one, but I am sure by the time that happens we won't be completely helpless. We are already developing ways to stop asteroids from striking the Earth, so I am sure something will come about...who knows.

~Kiva

Daniel
April 27th, 2006, 04:40 PM
i'm surprised that no one has said that it might be destroyed to make way for a hyperspace bypass......

Pathfinder
April 29th, 2006, 03:25 PM
According to what I've read scientifically, they say that in around 10 billion years the sun will start to run out of hydrogen. It will engulf Mercury and and Jupiter. Earth will remain, but will be too hot to support life.

And I also heard on the news a few years ago that in roughly 35,994 years, an asteroid will hit the Earth and blow it up anyway. :P

la_reina
April 29th, 2006, 03:28 PM
But no one here will have to worry about that :p

Daniel
April 29th, 2006, 03:38 PM
But no one here will have to worry about that :p

it'll affect me! :D

i am immortal :bleen: :evilgrin:

Neola
April 29th, 2006, 03:42 PM

Wow, no gender and immortal...you're scaring me...:eek:

Well, I think humans will have died out before things like that'll happen, I don't know, maybe they'll have destroyed themselves :lol:

Dare
April 29th, 2006, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by Pathfinder
It will engulf Mercury and and Jupiter. Earth will remain, but will be too hot to support life.

If Jupiter is going to be engulfed, Earth would have to be too...Jupiter is more than five times the distance from the sun than we are...now that I think of it, that kind of distance is mind-boggling. O_o I doubt anything of the Earth would remain if the sun expanded as far as Jupiter.

You'd really want to sit around on this rock for that long?
;)

Daniel
April 29th, 2006, 03:49 PM
Originally posted by Neola
Wow, no gender and immortal...you're scaring me...:eek:

:bleen:

Originally posted by Wicked
You'd really want to sit around on this rock for that long?
;)

I wanna see if Mimi Leader got an asteroid impact right in Deep Impact :D

so, i'll hang around, and if it's like Deep Impact showed it as, i'll die a happy happy man :D

Neola
April 29th, 2006, 03:52 PM
Hey, whaddhya mean ":bleen: " eh?
Do you happen to come from future, too?

Daniel
April 29th, 2006, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Neola
Hey, whaddhya mean ":bleen: " eh?
Do you happen to come from future, too?

oh no, i'm not that advanced :p

Pathfinder
April 29th, 2006, 08:52 PM
Whoa, did I say Jupiter before? Sorry, not Jupiter, I meant Venus. :p Sorry!

Daniel
April 29th, 2006, 09:00 PM

LOL! i only just noticed that :p

Dyani
April 29th, 2006, 09:13 PM
i'll go for the theory of a "supervolcanic eruption" :D

Trust me that makes sense. If people have seen a programme based on Yellowstone National Park and the theory that there is a supervolcano under there.. you'd want to pack your things and go live on the moon!!

If it isn't supervolcanos.. then its humans. We have just about suffocated Earth as it is, only when She is in Her death throes will we say "ooo.. perhaps we shouldn't have been pumping pollution into the atmosphere/ocean and burying it underground" :woeisme:

We've caused several speices to go extinct before their time.. why not our own? The sooner the better in my opinion...

Kiara
April 29th, 2006, 09:26 PM
The sky will fall down and hit us all in the head xX

(*have seen too much of Chicken Little* ... )

Daniel
April 29th, 2006, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by Dyani
Trust me that makes sense. If people have seen a programme based on Yellowstone National Park and the theory that there is a supervolcano under there.. you'd want to pack your things and go live on the moon!!

it was on the BBC wasnt it?

called "Supervolcano"

it owned :D lol

Dare
April 30th, 2006, 03:30 PM

Ah, alrighty then. Ya had me confused there for a second.
:lol:

The sooner the better in my opinion...

Gee thanks. -_-

Pathfinder
April 30th, 2006, 06:22 PM
Yech, I just saw "Countdown to Armagheddon" on the discovery channel a few days ago. Mostly it was about what and when different religions think it'll happen. According to the Aztecs, the world will end on December 16th, 2012.

Sombolia
April 30th, 2006, 07:43 PM
We've caused several speices to go extinct before their time.. why not our own? The sooner the better in my opinion...

So you are saying you want everyone on the planet to die? Well, that's nice.

Simba_2004
April 30th, 2006, 07:45 PM
Jesus Christ

I have edited this post so I can make it longer than a one word reply. Also I am adding this text so it is making the mininum requirement of a few sentences. I do beleive that Jesus will be the one to end the world and He is coming a lot sooner than you think He is ;) :cheese:

Nephilim
April 30th, 2006, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by Simba_2004
Jesus

Rule number one of TSP:

? No spam. This includes no one word replies, floods of smilies rather than text. Also, try not to make posts shorter than a few sentences.

It's good to know that people take notice.

Dyani
April 30th, 2006, 09:59 PM
Sorry Sombolia and Wicked. I was not meaning 'I hate everyone because evryone is mean to me therefore i want them all to die' kinda thing. I just feel a bit sad that all humanity is able to do is grow and grow and grow.. meaning that our planet has to suffer the consequences. I just agree with that Matrix robot guy.. we are a plague.. a virus that spreads and destroys all in its path.

And Dan.. that programme was PETRIFYING!!! After I had watched it I was wondering if there was any point in going on when that supervolacno could blow any moment and wipe everything out!

I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

Sombolia
April 30th, 2006, 10:43 PM
Jesus

O rly?

I'm sorry if I offended anybody.

S'okay. :3 You didn't really offend me, it was just.. haha, yeah.

Prince Simba
May 1st, 2006, 03:08 AM
We'll probably be wiped out by some sort of uberadvanced aliens who are so different we don't even recognize them as actual lifeforms.

If not, then it's entirely possible that Iran will blow themselves up with their so-called nuclear weapons. After that, somebody will definitely blame it on the United States, then they'll nuke the US. Then the US will nuke them. Then everybody will declare war on the US and the world will be devestated.

Then again, it's also possible that the Tribbles (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tribble) will invade, then the Klingons (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Klingon) will come destory the entire planet in their quest to destroy all Tribbles. Not that the Klingons could figure out how to destroy the planet, so they might enlist the help of the Romulans (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Romulan) or the Borg (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borg) or perhaps even the Xindi (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xindi).

Stormfury
May 1st, 2006, 08:30 AM
|| My bet's on the Tribbles, as their multiplicity is uncanny.

Dare
May 1st, 2006, 08:43 PM
Originally posted by Prince Simba

If not, then it's entirely possible that Iran will blow themselves up with their so-called nuclear weapons. After that, somebody will definitely blame it on the United States, then they'll nuke the US. Then the US will nuke them. Then everybody will declare war on the US and the world will be devestated.

My bet is that Israel nukes Iran first.

Ashara
May 1st, 2006, 11:44 PM
Jesus Christ

I do beleive that Jesus will be the one to end the world and He is coming a lot sooner than you think He is ;) :cheese:

I love you. :evilgrin: He just took my answer....

TakaTiger
May 2nd, 2006, 02:10 AM
we will be wiped out by ourselves =3

Xinithian
May 2nd, 2006, 03:31 AM
The world as we know it will end with a nuclear eruption. However, I'm sure that millions of years later new life forms will start to emerge if we ever do have a nuclear war.

lion_roog
May 2nd, 2006, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Xinithian
The world as we know it will end with a nuclear eruption. However, I'm sure that millions of years later new life forms will start to emerge if we ever do have a nuclear war.

Cockaroaches, man!...they can survive anything!...:D

A-non-a-mus
May 2nd, 2006, 08:50 PM
Jesus Christ

I agree there ;)

Revelations 22:10 Then he(Jesus) told me, "Do not seal up the words of the prophecy of this book, because the time is near. 11 Let him who does wrong continue to do wrong; let him who is vile continue to be vile; let him who does right continue to do right; and let him who is holy continue to be holy. 12 Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done. 13 I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End."

Nephilim
May 3rd, 2006, 10:52 AM
I do beleive that Jesus will be the one to end the world and He is coming a lot sooner than you think He is ;) :cheese:

Yes, but haven't people been saying that for the past two thousand years? So, why in your opinion, will it be soon?

A-non-a-mus
May 3rd, 2006, 09:14 PM
I believe it could be soon, by the quakes and ways the world is...

Matthew 24:6 You will hear of wars and rumors of wars, but see to it that you are not alarmed. Such things must happen, but the end is still to come. 7Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. There will be famines and earthquakes in various places. 8All these are the beginning of birth pains."

Matthew 24:32 "Now learn this lesson from the fig tree: As soon as its twigs get tender and its leaves come out, you know that summer is near. 33 Even so, when you see all these things, you know that it is near, right at the door. 34 I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened. 35Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away."

Matthew 24: 36 "No one knows about that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father. 37As it was in the days of Noah, so it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 38For in the days before the flood, people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, up to the day Noah entered the ark; 39and they knew nothing about what would happen until the flood came and took them all away. That is how it will be at the coming of the Son of Man. 40Two men will be in the field; one will be taken and the other left. 41Two women will be grinding with a hand mill; one will be taken and the other left.

42"Therefore keep watch, because you do not know on what day your Lord will come. 43But understand this: If the owner of the house had known at what time of night the thief was coming, he would have kept watch and would not have let his house be broken into. 44So you also must be ready, because the Son of Man will come at an hour when you do not expect him."

putting that in view with the way things are in this world, I would say, by that it could be at anytime at all.

Dyani
May 3rd, 2006, 09:20 PM
In one, guilty way.. I don't mind how the world ends as long as I aint there to see it.

Selfish I know, but.. well.. does anyone here want to watch the end of the world if it means it blows up or a white hot wind scours its surface as the sun explodes??? I think not.

Dare
May 3rd, 2006, 10:25 PM

Selfish I know, but.. well.. does anyone here want to watch the end of the world if it means it blows up or a white hot wind scours its surface as the sun explodes??? I think not.

Hehe, I know I don't. I still get pissed off when I watch Titan A.E.
Eh, what can I say...I love my planet. ^_^

sanngi_kujieleza
May 8th, 2006, 09:18 AM
i know i know...potatoes will invade..okie soowie..

i think it will either have something to do with global warming and atmosphere...or......